Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Five Tibetan Rites

1. Link to Post #21
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Default Re: The Five Tibetan Rites

Yes, I do !
    Actually, there is one more exercise. But it is only done ,when one has «too much energy « ...LOL

Namasté

----
    Also a good version of Sun Salutation Namasté

Last edited by MariaDine; 1st June 2011 at 18:13.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

astrid (2nd June 2011), Cjay (2nd June 2011), fourty-two (8th July 2014), TigerLilly (1st June 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi MariaDine

Oh yes there is the 6th rite. Not for everyone. LOL I won't ask who does this one!

Here is a good description of its purpose and power. There are somethings I wont give up for youth and energy

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7905854/Ti...ation-6th-Rite

Quote Tibetan Rejuvenation Rite #6restricted exercise

The series of Five Tibetan exercises described above is capable of being practiced two or three
    times a day everyday during the entire lifetime. In contrast, the following exercise, according to
    the Tibetan Lamas, has a very special purpose and it ought to be practiced only in
    circumstances described below. If you are not sure, and do not practice the first five exercises
    regularly, do not practice this exercise. You have been warned.

The deemed purpose of the Tibetan #6 exercise is to redirect the excess of sexual and
    reproductive energy, generated by the activity of the what is perceived of as being the base
    chakra (also referred to as vortexes) to all higher chakras along the spine, especially to the brow
    chakra, which activity is related to our spiritual awareness and psychic abilities. According to

Lamas this exercise ought to be practiced only when the excess of the sexual urge is
    experienced, otherwise this exercise does more harm than benefit, by draining the energy from
    the base chakra.

By systematically practicing the first five Tibetan exercises it is quite possible to raise the energy of the base chakra so much, that the sexual urge appears and requires to be dealt with. This is capable of happening at any age.

One way to handle the situation is to dissipate this powerful energy in sexual activities. The
    Tibetan alternative is to transmute it to higher use, to accelerate your spiritual development and
    rejuvenate the physical body. Instead of dissipating the reproductive energy you may choose to
    use it to regenerate cells in your entire physical body. The choice is yours; you have the free
    choices, as always.
    This is why those monks stay so young!
    Last edited by TigerLilly; 1st June 2011 at 20:14.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

............I couldn't resist posting this ! ehehehhe !

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

astrid (2nd June 2011), Cjay (2nd June 2011), TigerLilly (2nd June 2011), TWINCANS (5th June 2011)

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Thanks, great teaching... much simpler than the salutation to the sun for older folks... I love to spin. Sufis do it too, so inheritantly, it is a muslim practice also.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

TigerLilly (2nd June 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)

Salute To The Sun is also a great practice for body mind and spirit.

You are meant to do it in the morning facing the East.
    Thank you, astrid. I feel better already after watching that - seriously.

She is almost as flexible as I am - joking

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

astrid (2nd June 2011), TigerLilly (2nd June 2011)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Sadly i used to be VERY flexibile, hopefully with practice i can get back there.

Maybe we should start a Yoga group on here, any takers??
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Roseheart (3rd June 2011), TigerLilly (2nd June 2011), TWINCANS (5th June 2011)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

The spinning, the spinning! It makes me throw up. I've never been able to go round and round. Anyone know of a remedy for this?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

TigerLilly (3rd June 2011)

14. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    The spinning, the spinning! It makes me throw up. I've never been able to go round and round. Anyone know of a remedy for this?
    I am trying these exercises, and I find that I need to work up to 21 reps on any of them. It does say to spin till you start to get dizzy, If you follow that, you should find your natural pace up to 21 each time. I tried 12 reps on most of them yesterday, and felt a lot of energy moving around for some time after ,and felt so tired a while after that that I took a nap. I am not use to any time of energy routine on a daily basis, and I am starting this at a time when the world energy is going into high gear, so I am alert for my natural pace here as well as the standard complaints of body and mind that cause people to give up on programs like this. I would like to here anyone elses thoughts on the pace of these things, as well as tips on how they made thee a daily habit.
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    I am trying these exercises, and I find that I need to work up to 21 reps on any of them. It does say to spin till you start to get dizzy, If you follow that, you should find your natural pace up to 21 each time. I tried 12 reps on most of them yesterday, and felt a lot of energy moving around for some time after ,and felt so tired a while after that that I took a nap. I am not use to any time of energy routine on a daily basis, and I am starting this at a time when the world energy is going into high gear, so I am alert for my natural pace here as well as the standard complaints of body and mind that cause people to give up on programs like this. I would like to here anyone elses thoughts on the pace of these things, as well as tips on how they made thee a daily habit.
    You need to slowly build up to 21 reps

How many time should I repeat each exercise?
    You want to work toward performing each of the movements 21 times. When you first begin, try to do 1 or 3 repetitions of each exercise. After a week, try to do 3 repetitions, then pause and try 3 more. You will certainly feel stronger in some of the movements than others. If you have trouble performing a complete set of 21, try to break it down into 3 sets of 7 repetitions with a pause between each set. Once you've achieved 21 repetitions of each exercise, you don't need to go on to more repetitions. These exercises are for restoring energy, not necessarily building strength. If you feel great after doing 21 repetitions of each movement, feel free to add another session later in the day to perform another set of 21 repetitions each.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Anna (4th June 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Hello !

In the first 50 seconds of this video is thaught the way you can turn around, without getting dizzy.

Chose a spot to focus, on eyes level ------------so that you don'tlook up or down, because that alters the verticality of your spine , --- and do as it is explain on the video. Star slowly, until you get the hang of it. With time , you will be able to do the 21 repetitions. After that...a considerable time after that, You will be ready to do the spins faster, and faster.

Ps - Do the spin with the arms open to the side , at shoulder level ----Just like it is done on the 5 Tibetans. Arms to the side helps to balance the spin.

For me is easy to do...I was a professional ballet dancer and now, I teach ballet, yoga Iyengar and Pilates.

Namasté
    Last edited by MariaDine; 2nd June 2011 at 23:53.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

conk (3rd June 2011)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)
    Yes, I do !
    Actually, there is one more exercise. But it is only done ,when one has «too much energy « ...LOL
    I need to do this! As a vital, healthy, normal man who has been celebate for 8 years I have TOO MUCH of this energy! Although normal and celebate seem contridictory.

Excuse me while I go visit the thread on Cold Showers........
    Last edited by conk; 3rd June 2011 at 17:17.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

TigerLilly (3rd June 2011)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Hi Johnf
    You should begin by doing only three of each exercise and build up slowly, such as adding one extra each week. Do not rush, its about opening chakras, building energy and flexibilty.
    Take care and read instructions carefully, and don't forget the correct breathing.

22. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)
    Yes, I do !
    I need to do this! As a vital, healthy, normal man who has been celebate for 8 years I have TOO MUCH of this energy! Although normal and celebate seem contridictory.

Excuse me while I go visit the thread on Cold Showers........

Hi Conk

Please do not do the sixth exercise until you have been doing 21 of the other 5 for some months.

Find another solution to your immediate problem

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Sadly i used to be VERY flexibile, hopefully with practice i can get back there.

Maybe we should start a Yoga group on here, any takers??
    Hi Astrid

How would we do this? Share favourite exercises, routines? I have not done a lot of real Yoga.

24. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,364 times in 1,115 posts

I am pretty interested in making these a habit ,and learning more about it.
    I got the eye of revelation for extra reading, apparently he goes into dietary suggestions too.
    http://theeyeofrevelation.com/
    So anything that would be a place where we put up our progress, and more experienced practitioners give advice
    I would be interested in.
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

25. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,113 times in 807 posts

I need #6 rite!

26. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

27. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

I am pretty interested in making these a habit ,and learning more about it.
    I got the eye of revelation for extra reading, apparently he goes into dietary suggestions too.
    http://theeyeofrevelation.com/
    So anything that would be a place where we put up our progress, and more experienced practitioners give advice
    I would be interested in.
    Master the breathing technic and one of the «side effects» is that you get thin. Start 5 minutes a day, soon you will find yourself doing it longer, because it feels so good.

Alternate nostril breathing , the easy one to do ------ start with an easy count. Then after a time you can hold for longer. ( /10 counts)

Watch the 2 video for Pranayama
    Count to 6 breathing in. Relax your tummy/belly breathing in .

Hold your breath for the same time, 6 counts

Exale for 6 counts. It hepls if you slowly contract your belly while you breth out (like when you are blowing a big ballon).

Hold again for 6 counts.

Namasté
    Last edited by MariaDine; 4th June 2011 at 15:43.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

TigerLilly (4th June 2011)

29. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Yes, when you get dizzy spin in the opposite direction and the dizziness will stop almost immediately. hope that helps..

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan i el For This Post:

9eagle9 (4th June 2011), conk (7th June 2011)

31. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by TigerLilly (here)
    Hi MariaDine

Oh yes there is the 6th rite. Not for everyone. LOL I won't ask who does this one!

Here is a good description of its purpose and power. There are somethings I wont give up for youth and energy

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7905854/Ti...ation-6th-Rite

Quote Tibetan Rejuvenation Rite #6restricted exercise

The series of Five Tibetan exercises described above is capable of being practiced two or three
    times a day everyday during the entire lifetime. In contrast, the following exercise, according to
    the Tibetan Lamas, has a very special purpose and it ought to be practiced only in
    circumstances described below. If you are not sure, and do not practice the first five exercises
    regularly, do not practice this exercise. You have been warned.

The deemed purpose of the Tibetan #6 exercise is to redirect the excess of sexual and
    reproductive energy, generated by the activity of the what is perceived of as being the base
    chakra (also referred to as vortexes) to all higher chakras along the spine, especially to the brow
    chakra, which activity is related to our spiritual awareness and psychic abilities. According to

Lamas this exercise ought to be practiced only when the excess of the sexual urge is
    experienced, otherwise this exercise does more harm than benefit, by draining the energy from
    the base chakra.

By systematically practicing the first five Tibetan exercises it is quite possible to raise the energy of the base chakra so much, that the sexual urge appears and requires to be dealt with. This is capable of happening at any age.

One way to handle the situation is to dissipate this powerful energy in sexual activities. The
    Tibetan alternative is to transmute it to higher use, to accelerate your spiritual development and
    rejuvenate the physical body. Instead of dissipating the reproductive energy you may choose to
    use it to regenerate cells in your entire physical body. The choice is yours; you have the free
    choices, as always.
    This is why those monks stay so young!
    A kundalini exercise.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Thanks so much for this post! Very powerful information, it won't leave me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast