+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: DMT - The Spirit Molecule

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks

Default Re: DMT - The Spirit Molecule

Quote Posted by nomadguy (here)
    I believe the states of perception, described by those whom have experienced DMT or other drugs.
    Can be achieved through other means without intoxication.
    Wrong. First, it is a gross generalization to categorize DMT and 'other drugs' under one banner. No two psychoactive compounds are created equal, and must be addressed individually.
    ~All drugs are toxins
    Wrong. Again, the generalization. Some few of this vast category called 'drugs' are indeed toxic, but this is irrelevant to the discussion on Dimethyltryptamine. DMT is by no means a toxin, but a normal part of human biology.
    ~ and the effects are from toxic reactions to the body.
    WTF? Wrong. DMT works by making itself at home on the serotonin receptor sites, not by toxic reaction.
    A non-toxic states of perception like described by users of DMT, or as I like to call it "super-normal-consciousness" ~ in my view could be a lot better, and perhaps more vivid and more enlightening without toxins.
    Wrong again. You cannot have the DMT experience without the DMT. Sure, you can have altered states of consciousness without psychoactive compounds, but they are not the same experiences. I have no idea what brings you to these conclusions, but you are greatly misinformed on this subject, and I highly suggest you do more research in this area before spreading such misinformation. Nothing personal, but it is reckless and irresponsible.

~I believe 90% of the ways we might achieve states of super-normal-consciousness are not through the use of intoxicants.
    Personally I like to promote the use of Yoga and meditation to get there.
    Cheers
    90 percent, really? What brings you to such a precise number? Yoga is but one of an infinitude of paths available. It is by no means superior or inferior to any other. If you choose to take that route, fine, but it is not the path for everyone. For some, psychedelics are the doorway that leads to the same destination. Again, nothing personal here, but I can't stand aside and watch such misinformation tossed about so mindlessly.
    Last edited by Solphilos; 27th September 2010 at 19:26.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

2. Link to Post #42
    Canada Avalon Greeter: Here to help

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 times in 894 posts

hmm, I like where this is going,
    I have tried a few things in my time, not DMT however. And having tried a few things this is my perception,

I believe the states of perception, described by those whom have experienced DMT or other drugs.
    Can be achieved through other means without intoxication.
    ~All drugs are toxins
    ~ and the effects are from toxic reactions to the body.
    A non-toxic states of perception like described by users of DMT, or as I like to call it "super-normal-consciousness" ~ in my view could be a lot better, and perhaps more vivid and more enlightening without toxins.

Even noted Yaqui shaman Don Juan Matus, had explained first and foremost, to his guest Carlos Casteneda, that the way of intoxication to achieve a supernormal state of experience is merely 1 way to achieve super-normal-consciousness(alternative and perhaps more vivid to the normal explained experiences that we all share)
    And that there are "millions of ways" to achieve these states of experience, and that the toxins of humito, happen to be the way he knows.
    (mushrooms = humito)
    ~I believe 90% of the ways we might achieve states of super-normal-consciousness are not through the use of intoxicants.
    Personally I like to promote the use of Yoga and meditation to get there.
    Cheers
    Thanks Nomadguy for your comments,

I would suggest you listen to Dr Graham Hancock in the precedent post, you will find interesting information on the sacred plant.

Also, have a look at the sacred plant ayahausca on the Web, it is used to treat alcoholism, toxicomany, some cancer, heal people ailment. In this tread, we are talking about serious scientific researches on the virtues and warnings in the uses of the sacred plant ayahausca.

Have a great viewing.

All my blessings.

Deega

3. Link to Post #43
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 times in 455 posts

¤=[Post Update]=¤

¤=[Post Update]=¤

[COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"]

¤=[Post Update]=¤

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

DawgBone (2nd December 2010), Deega (3rd December 2010), pilotsimone (2nd December 2010), Zillah (5th December 2010)

5. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Nice, thanks mate! I've been waiting on this and have been so busy with moving that I've forgotten about it.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

6. Link to Post #45
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 times in 402 posts

Quote In 1990, I began the first new human research with psychedelic, or hallucinogenic, drugs in the United States in over 20 years. These studies investigated the effects of N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, an extremely short-acting and powerful psychedelic. During the project's five years, I administered approximately 400 doses of DMT to 60 human volunteers. This research took place at the University of New Mexico's School of Medicine in Albuquerque, where I was tenured Associate Professor of Psychiatry.

I was drawn to DMT because of its presence in all of our bodies. Perhaps excessive DMT production, coming from the mysterious pineal gland, was involved in naturally occurring "psychedelic" states. These might include birth, death and near-death, psychosis, and mystical experiences. Only later, while the study was well under way, did I also begin considering DMT's role in the "alien abduction" experience.

The DMT project was founded on cutting edge brain science, especially the psychopharmacology of serotonin. However, my own background powerfully affected how we prepared people for, and supervised, their drug sessions. One of these was a decades-long relationship with a Zen Buddhist training monastery.
    http://www.rickstrassman.com/?q=node/12

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swami For This Post:

Deega (3rd December 2010)

8. Link to Post #46

Thanks

Hi Irishspirit,

Another prior Tread was opened on the subject at http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...rit-Molecule-!

All my blessings.

Deega

9. Link to Post #47
    Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Thanks

The videos are fabulous!

Thanks Irishspirit!

10. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

This was a great documentary! Thanks for posting.

In part 3 the participants do such an excellent job describing what it's like visiting these other dimensions.

I'm so excited to see this information spreading in the West! It's just starting to get the respect it deserves.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

11. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Is this the new one that just came out from http://thespiritmolecule.com/ with Joe Rogan ?? that is getting screened in Australia right now ??

12. Link to Post #50

Thanks

Quote Posted by Loki (here)
    Is this the new one that just came out from http://thespiritmolecule.com/ with Joe Rogan ?? that is getting screened in Australia right now ??
    Thanks Loki,

Recall, first glimpse of "Spirit Molecule" was the work of Dr. R. Strassman of the University of New Mexico.

Digging in, I found the reference you're alluding to.

But you know that the shamans in South America have been active with their sacred plant ayahausca that has the particularity to enhance the production of DMT in the brain.

All my blessings.

Deega

13. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 267 posts

i've been waiting what seems like forever for these thank you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zillah For This Post:

Deega (5th December 2010)

15. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,721 times in 966 posts

I'm excited about DMT and Ayahuasca and have been reading about them for a few years. Haven't tried them yet but I will most likely try them some day. Excellent videos!

Just because you can travel on other dimensions through meditation or yoga does not diminish the value or just plain fun of the psychedelic experience, and the dimensions you visit via psychedelics seem to be different than the dimensions you visit via non drug trips. (there are a heck of a lot of dimensions!) I spent several years in the late 60's and early 70's taking LOTS of LSD, mushrooms, peyote, etc., basically anything I ran across that seemed interesting. I definitely do not recommend cocaine as of much worth to the average person. The coca leaf is valuable for altitude sickness and I drank the tea which helped with that on my trips into the Peruvian Andes.

In the mid 70's I stopped all drugs and turned to natural means to experience out of body travels. It is different from psychedelics and I greatly preferred it to the trips I had on psychedelics. Perhaps the psychedelics helped to make it easier for me to leave my body naturally, who knows. But now I've been without drugs for about 35 years and I figure in the spirit of research I should try Ayahuasca and DMT! Should be a lot of fun especially now that I'm not searching for anything, so what's left? FUN!

Nancy
    Last edited by NancyV; 5th December 2010 at 19:56.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Deega (5th December 2010)

17. Link to Post #53

Thanks

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    I'm excited about DMT and Ayahuasca and have been reading about them for a few years. Haven't tried them yet but I will most likely try them some day. Excellent videos!

Just because you can travel on other dimensions through meditation or yoga does not diminish the value or just plain fun of the psychedelic experience, and the dimensions you visit via psychedelics seem to be different than the dimensions you visit via non drug trips. (there are a heck of a lot of dimensions!) I spent several years in the late 60's and early 70's taking LOTS of LSD, mushrooms, peyote, etc., basically anything I ran across that seemed interesting. I definitely do not recommend cocaine as of much worth to the average person. The coca leaf is valuable for altitude sickness and I drank the tea which helped with that on my trips into the Peruvian Andes.

In the mid 70's I stopped all drugs and turned to natural means to experience out of body travels. It is different from psychedelics and I greatly preferred it to the trips I had on psychedelics. Perhaps the psychedelics helped to make it easier for me to leave my body naturally, who knows. But now I've been without drugs for about 35 years and I figure in the spirit of research I should try Ayahuasca and DMT! Should be a lot of fun especially now that I'm not searching for anything, so what's left? FUN!

Nancy
    Thanks Nancy,

You have had great experiences with different substances and it's special that you didn't had too negative experience with it!

This Tread was opened up to put in value, the research of Dr. R. Strassman (Spirit Molecule video) who conducted experiences with volunteers on the use of Ayahausca at the University of New Mexico. Quite interesting I might add, as you have seen!

From my reading on experiences lived by people taking sacred plants (ayahausca for one), I'm not sure that they had fun...!

For those who had a positive experience, they had to go through purging to get the cumulative negative emotions brought up through the years. For those who had a negative experience, they had the same problem but even worst..! Sacred plants have particular impact on people.

Pursuing on my reading, people who want to have a good experience have to thrive for a divine experience, must have a realizable intent to start with, and must pray that the experience will be sacred.

The sacred plant is not legalized in America, nor Canada, some European has though, with religious organization like Santo Daime from Bresil. South America Countries, as most African Countries, usage of sacred plants is legal. Any Ethnobotanist will advice on the legality of usage in different countries of the World.

This Tread stand to informed members on the Spirit Molecule, and part of it stands with sacred plants.

All my blessings.

Deega

18. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,721 times in 966 posts

Hi Deega,

There are at least a couple of Santo Daime churches where using ayahuasca is legal in the US. One of them is in Ashland Oregon where I lived for many years. Jonathan Goldman is the spiritual leader of the Church of the Holy Light of the Queen. After the church was raided he brought a lawsuit against the government which was successful and this church is now legally allowed to use ayahuasca as part of their practices. Another church in Santa Fe NM won it's court case also and is allowed to use ayahuasca.

I suppose there are many people who do not consider their experiences with psychedelics to be "fun" because they are so intense, physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. The experiences described in the videos are quite similar to many that I have had using mushrooms, psilocybin, LSD or peyote. But I have fun no matter what the experience is so I just want to clear up any misconception you might have that my experiences were all lightweight fun, whether using a substance or just leaving my body naturally. Of course these are very heavy duty life altering experiences, but I prefer to view even the most horrific of experiences I have had as "fun". Perhaps that sounds perverse to some but it is who I am.

As long as we have chosen to be here in body we might as well enjoy the agony and the ecstasy of the physical and spiritual experiences. Merging with the Source is the most fun I have ever had, and as the Source, coming into the Creation is a lot of fun or we wouldn't do it!

Nancy

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Deega (6th December 2010)

20. Link to Post #55

Thanks

Quote Posted by NancyV (here)
    Hi Deega,

There are at least a couple of Santo Daime churches where using ayahuasca is legal in the US. One of them is in Ashland Oregon where I lived for many years. Jonathan Goldman is the spiritual leader of the Church of the Holy Light of the Queen. After the church was raided he brought a lawsuit against the government which was successful and this church is now legally allowed to use ayahuasca as part of their practices. Another church in Santa Fe NM won it's court case also and is allowed to use ayahuasca.

I suppose there are many people who do not consider their experiences with psychedelics to be "fun" because they are so intense, physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. The experiences described in the videos are quite similar to many that I have had using mushrooms, psilocybin, LSD or peyote. But I have fun no matter what the experience is so I just want to clear up any misconception you might have that my experiences were all lightweight fun, whether using a substance or just leaving my body naturally. Of course these are very heavy duty life altering experiences, but I prefer to view even the most horrific of experiences I have had as "fun". Perhaps that sounds perverse to some but it is who I am.

As long as we have chosen to be here in body we might as well enjoy the agony and the ecstasy of the physical and spiritual experiences. Merging with the Source is the most fun I have ever had, and as the Source, coming into the Creation is a lot of fun or we wouldn't do it!

Nancy
    Thanks NancyV,

Congratulations Nancy, you have one great attitude (that it be fun!) toward the sacred plants and other stimulants you experienced through the years.

I don't see it as perverse, I think that each and every one of us is divine on the spiritual level, that we experience life the best we can.

I was aware of the Santo Daime in Oregon, forgot about it writing the post. And, it also interesting to notice Jonathan Goldman efforts before the court, the sacred plant is making his way fortunately. Shamans have been using it for centuries, why wouldn't we inspired ourselves spiritually...!, other will favour doing it naturally, and it's also great!, each his way...!

If you ever try the sacred plant ayahausca, may you share your experience..?

All my blessings.

Deega
    Last edited by Deega; 6th December 2010 at 15:53.

21. Link to Post #56
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Perhaps a naive question, but ayahuasca (which is very hard to prepare correctly) aside, is there a legal (in the UK) and safe way of taking DMT?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyaneyed For This Post:

Deega (7th December 2010)

23. Link to Post #57
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

[/COLOR]I would say no but it is a grey area. Aya is a preperation of DMT. There had been no prosecutions because of Ayahuasa in the UK. DMT yes. In american and other E.U countires, the santo dame group won their case and were not prosecuted for using Aya. However, making Aya with the vine ALONE would be 100% legal. Having taken Aya, it is not something to be apprached casualy. I fast for 36 hours before and and go on a specail diet for 4 days before hand.

24. Link to Post #58
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hmm. So Aya is really the only legal way of trying DMT? I did try it in the past. Fasted for 2 days (these are the instructions I was given), and spent a whole day brewing the liquid, then drank it as a tea. Obviously my brewing skills aren't up to much because absolutely nothing happened, I felt rather disappointed. But that was probably down to being given the wrong kind of preparation instructions (there were loads of variations on how to do it, I must have chosen the wrong one).

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyaneyed For This Post:

Deega (7th December 2010)

26. Link to Post #59

Thanks

Quote Posted by Cyaneyed (here)
    Perhaps a naive question, but ayahuasca (which is very hard to prepare correctly) aside, is there a legal (in the UK) and safe way of taking DMT?
    Thanks Cyaneyed,

You will find plenty of information in the following link on ayahausca, as you know, it's a sacred plant who have heal cancer and other diseases in people.

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/phpbb/

All my blessings.

Deega

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Cyaneyed (7th December 2010)

28. Link to Post #60
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the link, Deega

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast