+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: DMT - The Spirit Molecule

1. Link to Post #81

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

DoubleHelix (25th June 2011), Muzz (4th July 2011), pharoah21 (5th July 2011), pilotsimone (25th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

Default Re: DMT - The Spirit Molecule

Thanks for posting! Alex Grey definitely brings the DMT visuals alive with his work.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

watchZEITGEISTnow (25th June 2011)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,917 times in 4,329 posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Calz (8th October 2011), pilotsimone (27th June 2011)

7. Link to Post #84
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Because of an interesting exchange through another thread that included the mention of using entheogens I feel compelled to relate a very personal experience I had while on an extended stay in Belize and Guatemala. I traveled there specifically to study rainforest medicinal plants but also to visit the Mayan ruins of Tikal.

I realize what I’m about to say is going to make several people very upset and angry but this is *Truth*. I do apologize for this.

During my experience in the jungle I struck up a friendship with an American woman who had lived in this village for almost twenty years. She was a “buffer” between all us curiosity seekers and travelers and the indigenous people and even though she had lived there a long time and had obviously earned the respect and love of the village people she was still deemed an outsider. (first clue)

Through my conversations with her and my personal experience this is what I learned . . .

The Elders who use Ayahuasca and other entheogens are very few. There is a very long process of being chosen for this honor, it involves bloodlines and a long involved rite in being chosen. Most importantly the Elders have absolutely no desire for personal gain or selfish desires. When they perform the rituals which sometimes includes DMT (Ayahuasca) it is for the “good” of all people . . . alive and dead.

When I asked her about the people that traveled to the rainforests to have an authentic Ayahuasca experience and I might add pay rather large sums of money . . . . she smiled a very sad smile. She told me that the herbs and roots used for these people are close and mimic a DMT experience but mostly it is a very wild drug induced trip that generally involves a great deal of violent vomiting. The indigenous people find this amusing and have the opinion that we are very stupid.

How arrogant are we that we think just because we feel we have the right or desire to these very special rituals and plants that the knowledge will simply be handed over to us? Just the simple act of “purchasing” the plants, roots and vines to brew Ayahuasca and extract DMT utterly destroys ANY positive or spiritual energy they may have contained . . . .talk about vibrating at a low frequency and THIS is the energy you are consuming

The actual ingredients and brewing process and rituals are very involved and are only known to a VERY select few and are handed down very carefully.

Most of the vines and roots imported into the US and other countries are these Mimic ingredients. Even the simple medicinal herbs are highly protected by the indigenous people so how much more are the true DMT inducing plants do you think are protected?

The American woman told me that she did know that one of the herbs needed to finalize the activation of the pineal gland absolutely had to be used very very fresh. As in harvested and used within a few hours and also harvested during a certain cycle of growth. The chemical within the leaves breaks down very quickly and has to be extracted immediately.

I see all the “recipes” and information online and it is ALL for very selfish reasons and desires. These very powerful and magical herbs and they are being used with little to no respect and obviously not for the GOOD of all people as the Elders do but only for personal gain.

I can’t even describe the emotion I feel. I see no wisdom. It makes me feel very empty and heavy.

I emphatically ask that everyone think many times before using these chemicals and explore carefully your reasoning. I am not devaluing your experience but I would like for you to question yourself on the true meaning of that experience. Most of all please be very responsible with sharing what you feel to be truth with others . . . .if you do feel you have knowledge or wisdom then it becomes your responsibility to discern very carefully who you share that wisdom with.

On a final note I have to say that in my conversations with my friend and the village women that I very quickly understood that just as the people who come for the Ayahuasca experience that my desire to gain personal and selfish knowledge about the rainforest medicinal plants was also an illusion. How arrogant was I that I felt this ancient wisdom and knowledge should be imparted to me because I wanted it and paid quite a hefty sum.

I will never forget the hearty toothless laughter of one particular older woman as I voiced my dismay and stupidity.

The wisdom I did gain though is much more valuable to me than medicinal herbs . . . .and I will cherish it always.

8. Link to Post #85
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

I had this experience in Cuzco. While it ended up having positive effects its not something i did because i wnated to " Trip Out " . I took it seriously and while good things came of it , its not something ill run to do again. I agree with Blu Fire's take on this. The Shaman i was talking to did relay this to me that if i wanted to experience the real deal i had to be a part of the tribe before it could be. He was honest with me in that he stated this is a "visitors experience".

N

9. Link to Post #86
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Just watched this really interesting video on DMT
    Thought I would pass it along.

One of the most profound experiences one can awaken to in the search for self

10. Link to Post #87
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Since moving to Hawaii 6 years ago I have been practicing with eastern techniques for peace and evolution with good results. I descovered DMT a few months ago and found for me it is a blessing and a wonder.
    If it was possible to die from astonishment I would not be writing this today Ha ET's offering teachings crazy man crazy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fondoo For This Post:

Rich (19th March 2019), Vitalux (21st July 2012)

12. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Probably already posted but in my view is a crucial bumper film/info.

I post it here in Avalon under General discussion because it covers so many possible categories (Mod's please move if desired )
    If you haven't watched, well PLEAS do, it's a must watch for many reasons and reality views!

I my self have not tried DMT (under the right conditions/place I wish I could but!
    I have experienced my own bodily produced accelerated natural DMT veer a (Forbiden knowledge) Tibetan-Breathing-Exercise (Tibetan monks use this exercise to fast track their spiritual evolution and when their time comes to move on it is used to pick the best possible (Memory retained) next incarnation, that is if they don't reach the point where they break free from this reincarnation cycle altogether) and so I fully relate the experiences of the volunteers of the DMT experiment to which is the contents of this great film/documentary!

I was lucky to have watched the full version in Netflix

Below are a few Trailers of the documentary to watch, hope you enjoy and expand

DMT: The Spirit Molecule
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dmt-the-spirit-molecule/
    Quote The Spirit Molecule weaves an account of Dr. Rick Strassman's groundbreaking DMT research through a multifaceted approach to this intriguing hallucinogen found in the human brain and hundreds of plants. Utilizing interviews with a variety of experts to explain their thoughts and experiences with DMT within their respective fields, and discussions with Strassman’s research volunteers brings to life the awesome effects of this compound, and far-reaching theories regarding its role in human consciousness.
    Several themes explored include possible roles for endogenous DMT; its theoretical role in near-death and birth experiences, alien-abduction experiences; and the uncanny similarities in Biblical prophetic texts describing DMT-like experiences. Our expert contributors offer a comprehensive collection of information, opinions, and speculation about indigenous use of DMT, the history and future of psychedelic research, and current DMT research. All this, to help us understand the nature of the DMT experience, and its role in human society and evolution.
    The subtle combination of science, spirituality, and philosophy within the film’s approach sheds light on an array of ideas that could considerably alter the way humans understand the universe and their relationship to it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340425/
    http://www.imdb.com/video/withoutabox/vi1557896217

Quote An investigation into the long-obscured mystery of dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a molecule found in nearly every living organism and considered the most potent psychedelic on Earth.
    Storyline
    The Spirit Molecule investigates dimethyltryptamine (DMT), an endogenous psychoactive compound, which exists in humans and numerous species of plants and animals. The documentary traces Dr. Rick Strassman's government-sanctioned, human DMT research and its many trials, tribulations, and inconceivable realizations. A closer examination of DMT's effects through the lens of two traditionally opposed concepts, science and spirituality, The Spirit Molecule explores the connections between cutting-edge neuroscience, quantum physics, and human spirituality. Strassman's research, and the experiences of the human test subjects before, during, and after the intense clinical trials, raises many intriguing questions. A variety of experts voice their unique thoughts and experiences with DMT within their respective fields. As Strassman's story unfolds, the contributors weigh in on his remarkable theories, including the synthesis of DMT in our brain's pineal gland, its link to near-death & ... Written by Mitch Schultz
    User Reviews

Quote The only explanation
    5 February 2011 | by chrgibson – See all my reviews
    This film has been a long time coming, and although outlandish sounding it is this understanding what the scientific and spiritual world are converging on. The fractal nature of reality is Universal, and the ability of the spirit molecule to facilitate experiences of one with the Universe is neatly explained and validated by a fractal viewpoint. DMT is the gateway to consciousness, and without it we would be completely without perception.

The most profound discovery in the last 50 years is that the most powerful psychedelic known to man, with the power to perceive intelligent alien/angel/shamanic beings, resides within animal and plants all around us.
    Knowledge of the outcome/effects of DMT (and it's apparent door way to other dimensions/realities and all of the possible entities/beings that we reportedly witness in our day to day life time) which we split into many different boxes of understanding is much needed knowledge to have any understanding/view of our so called reality!
    Last edited by Sunny-side-up; 25th September 2015 at 10:38.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Apophenia (25th September 2015), Aspen (25th September 2015), Gaia (25th September 2015), grant (25th September 2015), greybeard (25th September 2015), Loveisall21 (25th September 2015), lucidity (25th September 2015), Rich (19th March 2019), Selkie (25th September 2015), william r sanford72 (26th September 2015), Zampano (25th September 2015)

14. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member earthadvocate's Avatar
    Thanks

I will watch your videos when I can, I don't know if you heard of DR Stanislaf Grof and is research with the DMT and Holotropic breath work:
    http://www.grof-holotropic-breathwork.net/

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthadvocate For This Post:

DNA (21st March 2019), Selkie (25th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (25th September 2015)

16. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

I smoked what I was told was an herbal form of DMT a couple of times and it was very interesting. There may have been DMT crystals mixed in with the herbs or not...I don't know. Weirdly, the most interesting part was the rush. It was really intense. There was an incredibly intense vibration, and then I was through to another level of reality. I saw no entities or cities and the scene in front of me did not change, and yet, I could see much, much more, and everything took on a kind of crystalline quality...gained a kind of purity. It was itself, but more crystalline, pure, and fragile, somehow.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

danegeroussacredgeometry (25th September 2015), DNA (21st March 2019), Rich (19th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (25th September 2015), william r sanford72 (26th September 2015)

18. Link to Post #91
    Avalon Member danegeroussacredgeometry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)
    I smoked what I was told was an herbal form of DMT a couple of times and it was very interesting. There may have been DMT crystals mixed in with the herbs or not...I don't know. Weirdly, the most interesting part was the rush. It was really intense. There was an incredibly intense vibration, and then I was through to another level of reality. I saw no entities or cities and the scene in front of me did not change, and yet, I could see much, much more, and everything took on a kind of crystalline quality...gained a kind of purity. It was itself, but more crystalline, pure, and fragile, somehow.
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I tried something similar. It was spongy in texture and I didn't leave to a different dimension or anything. Stayed here, but it was crazy visual colors and I saw what I believed to be a light being enter a tree lol Afterward felt intense energy rushing through my body. Felt like an energetic cleanse. I could see everything around me as living in some way. Like instead of digits in the matrix it was particles of light. Intense experience to say the least.
    "...As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danegeroussacredgeometry For This Post:

DNA (21st March 2019), Rich (19th March 2019), Selkie (25th September 2015), Sunny-side-up (25th September 2015), thunder24 (25th September 2015), william r sanford72 (26th September 2015)

20. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member graciousb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 149 posts

Interesting substance. Anyone considering, do a lot of homework. I think it takes one to the 'astral' or a place where our world's memes area created. Odd as f..k. Makes the video game theory seem very likely, as if one has stepped behind the curtain of the great and marvelous Oz and found out how the sausage is made.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graciousb For This Post:

DNA (21st March 2019), Mike (19th March 2019), Rich (19th March 2019)

22. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,572 times in 5,713 posts

i found out sort of recently that there is a ayahuasca "church" in orlando, right up the road from me (DMT is one of the ingredients in ayahuasca, i believe). one just has to join and wa-la, that tedious trek thru the peruvian jungle in search of an authentic shaman can be crossed off the "to do" list. it's the spiritual equivalent of tossing the leftovers in the microwave, i know, but too damn convenient to pass up if i decided to really go thru with it.

someone just died there not too long ago actually, and i'm strangely unmoved by it. it doesn't deter me nearly as much as the thought of all my psychic pathology being brought to my attention by a talking moon who also instructs me to shout like a banshi and rub feces all over my face in front of the 50 or so participants. i simply don't trust this version of myself that is lurking just under the surface..he's a distorted clown that will go out of his way to ruin a good thing, or make a bad thing worse. i'd flip out and go missing, and id resurface occasionally as the naked guy walking a dead crocodile down the 4 highway with a leash, murmuring a newly invented language at the sun. i just know it.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Akasha (19th March 2019), DNA (19th March 2019), PurpleLama (19th March 2019), Valerie Villars (19th March 2019)

24. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,917 times in 4,329 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    i found out sort of recently that there is a ayahuasca "church" in orlando, right up the road from me (DMT is one of the ingredients in ayahuasca, i believe). one just has to join and wa-la, that tedious trek thru the peruvian jungle in search of an authentic shaman can be crossed off the "to do" list. it's the spiritual equivalent of tossing the leftovers in the microwave, i know, but too damn convenient to pass up if i decided to really go thru with it.

someone just died there not too long ago actually, and i'm strangely unmoved by it. it doesn't deter me nearly as much as the thought of all my psychic pathology being brought to my attention by a talking moon who also instructs me to shout like a banshi and rub feces all over my face in front of the 50 or so participants. i simply don't trust this version of myself that is lurking just under the surface..he's a distorted clown that will go out of his way to ruin a good thing, or make a bad thing worse. i'd flip out and go missing, and id resurface occasionally as the naked guy walking a dead crocodile down the 4 highway with a leash, murmuring a newly invented language at the sun. i just know it.

Good Luck.
    I personally would rather try DMT rather than Ayahuasca only because of the investment. DMT is a five to fifteen minute experience with from what I've heard no side effects what so ever. Ayahuasca often goes hand in hand with symptoms usually associated with food poisoning. Explosive pooping and explosive vomiting.

Ayahuasca also lasts a long freaking time, so you have the chance of a bad trip lasting a long ass time.

Make no mistake, I offer my advice from complete ignorance, I've never tried either of them but DMT and a chance to visit the machine elves and everything else associated seems like it would be pretty cool.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Mike (21st March 2019), Rich (21st March 2019), Valerie Villars (21st March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5