+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Igor, they created life!

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Igor, they created life!

Hi Everybody,

So it seems that artificial life has been created a couple of hundred years after Mary Shelly wrote her stories with her husband about Frankenstein.

We need to understand two initial things here. Firstly, this has been going on for a very long time. Just as secret weapons and aircraft have been created many many years before they were released to the general public, other sciences and creations are no different. So as we speak, the simple lifeforms that the media is all hyped about are around fifty years behind the actual research. Think of all the trials and errors, before the biologists could produce a safe, perfect example to show the world. It's a good possibility that the scientists are creating a much more complex form of synthetic life, like a higher animal, or even human and are still going through the throws of the trial and error stage, still having to dispose of all the faliures.

Secondly, this breakthrough opens up a whole can of worms, as in theory, now we can live forever, we just need to have the same treatment as the simple lifeforms in our cells. Immortality could be just around the corner. Also creating life from dead people using their DNA or bringing a recently dead person back from the grave, which would give a boost to those companies which deep freeze people after they die so the person can be cured and brought back to life at a later stage.

Of course we are going to get a speight of more people telling us that they worked in underground bases, like area 51, creating life and that the program is far more advanced than we know it. Although I can beleive some people because of their history and evidence, there are others who try and jump on the bandwagon to try and get a shot at fame and perhaps fortune. Beware of this type.

Best regards,

Steve

2. Link to Post #2
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Default Re: Igor, they created life!

Well maybe they are slowly trying to prepare us for the biological robots (Greys) they are making

3. Link to Post #3
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Creating life, is nothing new. But perhaps the discovery that we can..is.

4. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

From another forum I haunt...
    Quote It is noted in the article, but I think it is worth pointing out again that this is a synthetic genome, not a synthetic organism. It is a huge accomplishment, but an entire synthetic organism is going to take a lot more work. This is the transformation of an existing organism into a related organism with a customized genome. A wholly synthetic organism is probably still a long way off.

5. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi everybodies and thread starter steve_a, if I am correct, it's possible to use organisms and make them alive with some sort of consciousness. Like using the MRI scan of a living being and project it in another physical body that is temporarily without a host. Someone told about this in one of the Camelot interviews, if I remember well. And David Wilcock mentions some experiments with frog/salamander eggs in his 4 You Tube video presentations 2012 Event horizon. See www.divinecosmos.com It seems that the life force energy that is governed by the
    "I am" presence (the eternal soul aspect) in humans, cannot be made in a lab, as I understand it. That quality (of the soul) is capable of creations within our DNA, for example the love of self is a great healing/creating force in the DNA. And I don't mean the self service type of self love, but the love for oneself in embracing the shadow and stop judging, stop being afraid and stop running away for oneself. To be able to see the dragon in the eye and befriend it, tame it. That sort of consciousness will never be produced in a lab, as it's originating from a non physical world, as I see it in my not so humble opinion.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

"So it seems that artificial life has been created a couple of hundred years after Mary Shelly wrote her stories with her husband about Frankenstein."

Correction Mary Shelly wrote Frankenstein all on her lonesome! She helped edit her husbands work and helped promote it.
    Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the masters instead seek what they sought.

7. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Ruis,

In that case I shouldn't believe everything I read in the newspaper!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle5035717.ece

Best regards,

Steve

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Until the 1970s, Mary Shelley was known mainly for her efforts to publish Percy Shelley's works and for her novel Frankenstein, which remains widely read and has inspired many theatrical and film adaptations.

I always try and find 2-3 sources, there is no question that it was Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley's own work.

http://schools-wikipedia.org/wp/m/Mary_Shelley.htm
    http://www.online-literature.com/shelley_mary/
    http://people.brandeis.edu/~teuber/shelleybio.html

It was a good thread though
    Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the masters instead seek what they sought.

9. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Ruis,

I also try and look for several fonts before I reach a logical conclusion. Of course, a published work doesn't necessarily mean that the named author is or was the unique one (ghostwriters and Barak Obama, or Shakespear and Bacon). We know that Shelley lived or at least was being bonked by Percy, : http://www.wsu.edu/~delahoyd/frank.comment1.html

Some would and have argued that it was Percy who wrote the stories : http://paganpressbooks.com/BOOKLIST.HTM
    Whilst others defend the Mary Shelley theory : http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007...9/gender.books
    And there are others (like me) that think it was a little bit of both : http://www.wired.com/table_of_malcon...d_percy_byssh/

Either way, we're both drifting away from the point of the thread.

Best regards,

Steve

+ Reply to Thread