+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 9 19 25 LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis / Marijuana

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Avalon Member divine_moments_of_truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Boy, two, with brain cancer is cured after secretly fed medical marijuana by his

Hemp oil was used 60-70 years ago in pharmacies, however, large medical companies can't put a patent on a plant so there's no money to be made.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to divine_moments_of_truth For This Post:

ceetee9 (6th May 2011), dmarie (8th May 2011), Franny (6th May 2011), ktlight (6th May 2011), noprophet (6th May 2011), Omni (8th May 2011), seko (6th May 2011), thunder24 (6th May 2011)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Default Re: Boy, two, with brain cancer is cured after secretly fed medical marijuana by his

Quote Posted by ktlight (here)
    The US federal government does not recognise the legality of using the drug for medical reasons and frequently clashes with states over the issue.
    The US Constitution clearly delineates what are and what are not federal matters, yet the US Government (as opposed to state governments) continually grabs ever more power that of right, according to the Constitution, belongs to the state governments.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Omni (8th May 2011), thunder24 (6th May 2011)

5. Link to Post #163
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Seikou-Kishi (here)
    The US federal government does not recognise the legality of using the drug for medical reasons and frequently clashes with states over the issue.
    The US Constitution clearly delineates what are and what are not federal matters, yet the US Government (as opposed to state governments) continually grabs ever more power that of right, according to the Constitution, belongs to the state governments.
    They use the taxation power to do it and the state of emergency.

6. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    That may be how they do it, but it's not legitimate. Still, the states must be complicit or they wouldn't allow the dissolution of their sovereignty.

Also, I've just noticed you have the Palestinian flag, unless by a happy coincidence Coruscant shares that particular design

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Lord Sidious (6th May 2011)

8. Link to Post #165
    United States Avalon Member Providence's Avatar
    Thanks

After one bout of high-dose chemotherapy, Cash was so weak he could not life his head and too sick to eat any solid food for 40 days.

It was at this point that Mr Hyde decided to take action and go down the route of medical marijuana to try and help his young son.

Cash's doctors refused to even discuss the option but his father went and sought authorisation elsewhere and then secretly administered it through his son's feeding tube.

There are so many documented cases of people who have survived cancer because they chose an alternative therapy rather than to depend upon the only three acceptable forms of treatment (at least in the US) radiation, chemo-therapy, or surgery and yet is is so difficult to convince the masses that they are putting their confidence in a medical system that actually perpetuates the long-suffering and eventual death of a cancer patient for corporate and financial gain.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Providence For This Post:

Art (8th May 2011), ktlight (7th May 2011), thunder24 (6th May 2011)

10. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

That may be how they do it, but it's not legitimate. Still, the states must be complicit or they wouldn't allow the dissolution of their sovereignty.

Also, I've just noticed you have the Palestinian flag, unless by a happy coincidence Coruscant shares that particular design
    Of course the states are part of it, they want the federal $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, don't they?
    Yeah, I have the palestinian flag up, out of sympathy for their plight.
    I have had it since about the third day or so after I got here.

11. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Quote A desperate father whose son was suffering from a life-threatening brain tumour has revealed he gave him cannabis oil to ease his pain. And he has now apparently made a full recovery.
    Combine that with this thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?19262-Oklahoma-lawmakers-approve-life-sentence-for-cooking-hashish&p=209383&highlight=hash#post209383

Now that really is life for a life.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanz For This Post:

ktlight (7th May 2011), thunder24 (6th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 times in 446 posts

RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story

"THC induces the Cancerous cell to make a fatty substance called ceramide, which prompts the cell to start devouring itself, noncancerous cells don't make ceramide when they come into contact with THC. The healthy cells don't die."
    Biochemists Guillermo Velasco & Manuel Guzmán, Complutense University

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14570037
    Cannabinoids: potential anticancer agents.
    Guzmán M.
    Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology I, School of Biology, Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain. mgp@bbm1.ucm.es

Abstract
    Cannabinoids - the active components of Cannabis sativa and their derivatives - exert palliative effects in cancer patients by preventing nausea, vomiting and pain and by stimulating appetite. In addition, these compounds have been shown to inhibit the growth of tumour cells in culture and animal models by modulating key cell-signalling pathways. Cannabinoids are usually well tolerated, and do not produce the generalized toxic effects of conventional chemotherapies. So, could cannabinoids be used to develop new anticancer therapies?

Cannabinoids reduce ErbB2-driven breast cancer progression through Akt inhibition.

Cannabinoids--signal transduction and mode of action

Cannabinoids in the treatment of cancer.

Therapeutic potential of cannabinoid receptor ligands: current status.

Synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists inhibit tumor growth and metastasis of breast cancer.

Cures to the World

Part 2: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Tbx6GQh0sEc
    Part 3: https://youtube.com/watch?v=59v17AyTQak
    Part 4: https://youtube.com/watch?v=oroxpBMi_hI

Here is another link to this video: http://blip.tv/file/4450414

I was having a talk with a friend last night and we agreed on the point that there are too many uptight a holes on earth that need to smoke it to lighten up. If they were high they would be way too busy enjoying the world around them and quickly forget about their plans for world domination. It was called smoking a peace pipe for a reason. lol

Education on this subject is needed not more studies that are put out by the pharmaceutical companies to tell people it is bad for you. Hiding knowledge is something the elite have done throughout history. A cured patient is a lost patient in their eyes. When you take monetary gain out of the equation we will be a healthy society.
    Last edited by daledo; 6th May 2011 at 23:06.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daledo For This Post:

EC1000 (24th June 2011), ktlight (7th May 2011), Omni (8th May 2011), thunder24 (6th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

Of course the states are part of it, they want the federal $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, don't they?
    Yeah, I have the palestinian flag up, out of sympathy for their plight.
    I have had it since about the third day or so after I got here.
    Yeah I don't like what's happening to the poor Palestinians. As a British Jew I feel doubly responsible for it, and while I wouldn't suffer another to assume guilt that wasn't their own, forgiveness is easier to give to others.

I don't understand that about Federal Dollars... All the money the Federal government has has come from citizens of the various states, excluding those who live in the District of Columbia, all US citizens are citizens of their constituent states and, considering the very nature of federalism, they are first and foremost citizens of their state, not the federation. Frankly, I think all forms of federalism are parasitism dressed up as something grandiose. The federal dollars that state governments clap like seals for comes from state citizens. It's like asking a tapeworm for nutrition lol.

16. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

Yeah I don't like what's happening to the poor Palestinians. As a British Jew I feel doubly responsible for it, and while I wouldn't suffer another to assume guilt that wasn't their own, forgiveness is easier to give to others.
    Here we go with this guilt crap again. So you are a jew, and?
    Did YOU sign the balfour declaration? Did YOU fire white phosphorus on civilians? Did YOU prevent any pregnant women from getting to hospital by stopping them at the checkpoint?
    If the answer to these is no, then what the hell drugs are you on? You aren't guilty because of dirtbags, that is the point of my stop the madness thread.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...madness-NOW%21
    Just because people who are somehow associated to you by blood or religion do bad things doesn't extrapolate out that you are bad too.
    There are many jews in the middle east that want nothing but peace with their neighbours, Ofra Haza was one, you know that.
    Let go of your false guilt, that is what ''they'' want you to keep.
    Gaddafi made a comment about how israel is only 15km wide at it's widest point. I never realised that myself, distance isn't something aussies are good with, it can take an hour+ to get from the northern parts of perth to the southern parts for example. I bring this up as I think he was right, the best solution is for ALL of palestine to be one state.
    As long as we can sort out the extremists on both sides that is.
    Both groups, the jews and the arabs should be able to live together, they have before and they should be able to again, but only after the extremists are dealt with.
    The amount of effort to build israel since 1948 is amazing, but there are two things missing, security and peace.
    Those are not possible the way things are, or with a two state solution.
    For me, I wish both sides well and an end to the madness, whatever way they can do it best suited to them.

I don't understand that about Federal Dollars... All the money the Federal government has has come from citizens of the various states, excluding those who live in the District of Columbia, all US citizens are citizens of their constituent states and, considering the very nature of federalism, they are first and foremost citizens of their state, not the federation. Frankly, I think all forms of federalism are parasitism dressed up as something grandiose. The federal dollars that state governments clap like seals for comes from state citizens. It's like asking a tapeworm for nutrition lol.
    I bet you don't know the truth of what you are saying.
    Yes, the money comes from the people, they are the collateral backing the currency, the birth certificate being the ''birth'' of an artificial legal entity commonly known as the strawman that is used to securitise bonds that is then used to borrow into existence the federal reserve notes, commonly known as ''dollars'' that are in circulation.
    And yes, it is parasitic.

17. Link to Post #171
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

For those that haven't already watched it, see 'RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story' on you tube. It covers the hemp oil cure story in canada, shows people who've been cured, shows how to make the oil, etc.

---edit----
    Just noticed a thread further down, listing this vid. Doh!!!!!
    Last edited by siggy; 8th May 2011 at 17:39.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to siggy For This Post:

ktlight (8th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #172
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,300 times in 5,193 posts

Default Big Pharma attempting to corner the market on medical marijuana

FYI:

Quote As DEA raids and IRS harassment continue on state-approved medical marijuana, Big Pharma eyes the profitability of cannabis and prepares to muscle in, using its lobbyists and government connections to ensure a monopoly on legal sales of the drug.

In early April of 2011, two drug manufacturing giants, G.W. Pharmaceuticals and Novartis, announced they had formed an alliance to license and market GW's Sativex, a liquid cannabis drug. The drug is already available in Great Britain, as well as Canada and Spain. The licensing agreement with Novartis will enable sales to expand into markets in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. FDA Phase III trials are still being organized for Otsuka, GW's partner for licensing Sativex for the US market.

Unlike other cannaboids produced for recreational or medicinal use, Sativex is not a synthetic but an actual extract of the cannabis plant. It therefore lacks the side-effects of the synthetic drugs which merely attempt to replicate cannabis. Patients, primarily people diagnosed with MS or cancer, spray Sativex beneath their tongues.

GW claims that Sativex is formulated to provide the same health benefits that medical marijuana offers but without that drug's high. GW says that Sativex balances the psychoactive agent THC with cannabidiol (CBD), the chemical believed to be the source of medical marijuana's anti-nausea and cancer-cell-killing effects, in such a way as to eliminate any of the sensations associated with recreational marijuana. However, cannabis expert Dr. Lester Grinspoon, professor emeritus of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, points out that the issue of whether Sativex produces marijuana high depends on the size of the dosage.

One of GW's allies in its attempt to replace state-legalized whole-plant medical marijuana with its own chemical extract is Dr. Andrea Barthwell whose career includes consulting for GW, as well as stints as deputy drug czar under President George W. Bush and as president of the American Society for Addiction Medicine. Barthwell frames Big Pharma cannabis as best way to bring marijuana into medical usage: "The safety and advisability of any prescriptive medicine should depend on years of careful scientific scrutiny, not whims at the ballot box by individuals who lack the qualifications to make such decisions. Allowing cannabis to circumvent FDA approval sets a dangerous precedent and puts us on a slippery slope."
    source to read more
    http://www.naturalnews.com/032547_me...ig_Pharma.html

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

fifi (29th May 2011), Omni (1st June 2011), Realeyes (29th May 2011)

21. Link to Post #173
    Thanks

Default Dad Gives Cannabis Oil to Toddler Battling Brain Cancer - Medical Marijuana

KYLX4 HD News programme

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r4lsv...mbedded#at=503

Wonderful story, lovely wee boy.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fina For This Post:

Cjay (17th June 2011), DoubleHelix (16th June 2011), g.k.r (16th June 2011), ouporblowup (16th June 2011), seko (16th June 2011), shadowstalker (16th June 2011), the_flyingboy (16th June 2011)

23. Link to Post #174
    United States Avalon Member ouporblowup's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Dad Gives Cannabis Oil to Toddler Battling Brain Cancer - Medical Marijuana

anyone who thinks these people are in the wrong should consider how much worse for your children their average cold medicine is compared to cannabis oil

ooo
    Let those who seek evil find it

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ouporblowup For This Post:

g.k.r (16th June 2011), pilotsimone (17th June 2011), seko (16th June 2011), shadowstalker (16th June 2011)

25. Link to Post #175
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: Dad Gives Cannabis Oil to Toddler Battling Brain Cancer - Medical Marijuana

the link is not working anymore, it falls on a video about giving funds at an hospital for children.

26. Link to Post #176
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

It's working now, wonderful story.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

g.k.r (16th June 2011)

28. Link to Post #177
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

Quote Posted by Fina (here)
    KYLX4 HD News programme

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r4lsv...mbedded#at=503

Wonderful story, lovely wee boy.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Flash (16th June 2011), g.k.r (16th June 2011), Lettherebelight (16th June 2011)

30. Link to Post #178
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

There are many thousands of cases like this that go unpublicised, largely because of the fear of prosecution, even when it is legal in the place where the medicine was administered. We need to publicise a lot more cases like this... and...

It's time to put some Washington DC balls in the vice and keep tightening it until the Feds drop their corrupt prohibition.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

seko (17th June 2011)

32. Link to Post #179
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 times in 446 posts

Default Maybe the smoking gun on medical marijuana and MS.

The DEA recognizes the importance of listening to science. That's why the DEA has registered seven research initiatives to continue researching the effects of smoked marijuana as medicine. For example, under one program established by the State of California, researchers are studying the potential use of marijuana and its ingredients on conditions such as multiple sclerosis and pain. At this time, however, neither the medical community nor the scientific community has found sufficient data to conclude that smoked marijuana is the best approach to dealing with these important medical issues.

http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html

By the above statement they are admitting that smoking marijuana is an approach to treating multiple sclerosis pain. No one said it had to be the best approach. Just like finding cures for diseases... always looking and collecting money but never finding.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daledo For This Post:

Sarlic (4th August 2011), shadowstalker (4th August 2011), thunder24 (4th August 2011)

34. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

Default Re: Maybe the smoking gun on medical marijuana and MS.

Thanks for the info Daledo.

I think not only does Marijuana help with the pain associated with MS but may also suppress the attacks you get from the disease which would help many thousands live normal lives.
    But knowing what we know about the drug companys i really doubt this one will get off the ground due to the fact that they wont like the idea of people being able to treat themself
    with something they can grow in their back garden when the latest MS treatment costs £20.000 uk pounds per year. Drug companys wont like loseing money to help people

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarlic For This Post:

daledo (4th August 2011), thunder24 (4th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 1 9 19 25 LastLast