+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sleep paralysis and strange tone

1. Link to Post #1
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member Anno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 times in 567 posts

Default Sleep paralysis and strange tone

This is my third attempt at posting this. The gods seem to be against me today...

I woke up mid-way through a dream last night and found myself semi-awake. Meaning I couldn't move. What people call sleep paralysis. The last thing I remember from the dream was seeing a silhouette of a dog type shape and thinking 'Jackal'.

As my eyelids closed and I was back in the darkness I heard a deafening tone. I've played with a tone generator online and it was between 326.63Hz E and 349.23Hz F. It was slightly pulsing, like woooow. It was so loud and deafening that I thought it was the fire alarm and managed to get my eyelids open again, with much effort. It felt the same as when I had general anesthetic and tried to fight it.

When I did it stopped. When my eyelids closed again, the tone came back. It was definitely inside my head and deafeningly loud. Eventually I lost the fight with my eyelids and the tone got faster until it became one long tone.

Like this: wooow..............wooow..............wooow............wooow...wooow...wooow...wooow...woooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Then it was morning and I was awake. I don't remember the dream except seeing the Jackal so I don't know if the two are related.

Have any of you heard of this kind of tone before or had a similar experience?

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Anno For This Post:

aranuk (17th June 2011), Calz (21st June 2011), Caren (18th June 2011), Fred Steeves (17th June 2011), Jake (17th June 2011), Maia Gabrial (17th June 2011), Malachi (17th June 2011), MorgaineFallen (21st June 2011), Ria (17th June 2011), shadowstalker (18th June 2011), Sierra (17th June 2011), tessie999 (22nd June 2011), yiolas (17th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,317 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Sleep paralysis and strange tone

Read the Charles phenomena thread. in the Charles area.

That is very close to the tone I was dealing with, starting Feb 9th, the start or first day of the Ninth wave of the long count. Who knows why it was happening.

Other things were going on as well.

The level or intensity of the tone was extreme.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), aranuk (17th June 2011), Calz (21st June 2011), Caren (18th June 2011), DeDukshyn (18th June 2011), sygh (18th June 2011), yiolas (17th June 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Avalon Member aonascimento's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anno (here)
    This is my third attempt at posting this. The gods seem to be against me today...

I woke up mid-way through a dream last night and found myself semi-awake. Meaning I couldn't move. What people call sleep paralysis. The last thing I remember from the dream was seeing a silhouette of a dog type shape and thinking 'Jackal'.

As my eyelids closed and I was back in the darkness I heard a deafening tone. I've played with a tone generator online and it was between 326.63Hz E and 349.23Hz F. It was slightly pulsing, like woooow. It was so loud and deafening that I thought it was the fire alarm and managed to get my eyelids open again, with much effort. It felt the same as when I had general anesthetic and tried to fight it.

When I did it stopped. When my eyelids closed again, the tone came back. It was definitely inside my head and deafeningly loud. Eventually I lost the fight with my eyelids and the tone got faster until it became one long tone.

Like this: wooow..............wooow..............wooow............wooow...wooow...wooow...wooow...woooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Then it was morning and I was awake. I don't remember the dream except seeing the Jackal so I don't know if the two are related.

You´re about going out of body consciously. First time it happened to me, i got scared to death, but then i could control the frequency of the oscillation i was feeling. The higher the tone, the less you feel it, then you start floating in your OBE. That´s it. Let the fear go away and enjoy your trip.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aonascimento For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), aranuk (17th June 2011), Calz (21st June 2011), Caren (18th June 2011), DeDukshyn (18th June 2011), Jake (17th June 2011), Maia Gabrial (17th June 2011), Sierra (17th June 2011), sygh (18th June 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by aonascimento (here)

You´re about going out of body consciously. First time it happened to me, i got scared to death, but then i could control the frequency of the oscillation i was feeling. The higher the tone, the less you feel it, then you start floating in your OBE. That´s it. Let the fear go away and enjoy your trip.

That sounds about right. The first few times I experienced that it freaked the living s**t out of me. It's kind of like jumping out of an airplane from 13,000 feet, once you do it a few times, the shock wears off and you can really begin to have fun and explore the possibilities.

Have fun Anno! Keep us updated.

Cheers,
    Fred

8. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

I have woken in a state of paralysis to find beings working on my spine.
    The loud sounds can be related to coming back in to your body.
    I do not know if this is helpful.
    The main thing is how did you feel about it?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ria For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), Fred Steeves (17th June 2011), Maia Gabrial (17th June 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Read the Charles phenomena thread. in the Charles area.

That is very close to the tone I was dealing with, starting Feb 9th, the start or first day of the Ninth wave of the long count. Who knows why it was happening.

Other things were going on as well.

The level or intensity of the tone was extreme.
    The animal totem dreams I've been having and the shadowman that turned up in my house do all coincide with me joining here. The shadowman came right after I posted in the Charles thread first saying I didn't think TPTB had anything to do with it and it was more likely to be an internal power struggle. I'll go find the thread and have a look.

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    That sounds about right. The first few times I experienced that it freaked the living s**t out of me. It's kind of like jumping out of an airplane from 13,000 feet, once you do it a few times, the shock wears off and you can really begin to have fun and explore the possibilities.

Have fun Anno! Keep us updated.

Cheers,
    Fred
    It'd be cool if you guys are right. I'm undecided on the whole astral travel thing. I have fallen out of my body once so I know the theory is sound and I recalled a memory of entering my body when I was about 18 months old. I think the previous occupant changed his mind. If I do get out, I'll be off to the moon to check out these reptilians. Is there any danger that you can get stuck outside of your body?

Quote Posted by Ria (here)
    I have woken in a state of paralysis to find beings working on my spine. The loud sounds can be related to coming back in to your body. I do not know if this is helpful. The main thing is how did you feel about it?
    I didn't feel anything. The noise itself was uncomfortable but I don't like loud noises of any kind and always feel... ...crushed? Hard to explain, but loud noise bothers me. Other than that I just was observing it and wondering what was going on. I gave up on fear a long time ago, it never helps.

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

i had the same experience about 3 years ago. I woke up in the middle of the night, totally conscious, but I couldn't move anything except my eyelids. I have to say i totally freaked out and I closed my eyes, until, about 30-60 seconds later I could move again. It was a great feeling and I fell asleep almost instantly, in spite of my racing heart. But I did not remember any sound at all.

Sometimes I hear a very-very low tone buzzing sound at night, not too loud, just enought to keep me awake and that's it. I thought that it's maybe some big machine far away, but now i'm not sure.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malachi For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), Fred Steeves (17th June 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 343 posts

Great thread Anno.
    In my experience I was completely paralyzed and wide awake.
    Tried to get my wife to observe me, and, I was going to wiggle a finger, or move an eyelash.
    It didn,t work because she could not stay awake.
    It caused a bit of a row between us for a while, she thought I was crazy.
    I researched it down to sleep paralyses.
    But as far as i,m concerned there is a lot more to it than they are letting on.

toothpick

14. The Following User Says Thank You to toothpick For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I keep coming out of sleep paralysis and finding beings (some look human) in my room coming towards me, some have been less threatening but most of them don't seem nice! If I lash out they usually fade away. This happened last night and I screamed and my dog was looking towards where the being had been so I think he saw it too. I've been advised not to panic and send love and light to the beings or surround myself with white light etc but when it happens I don't have enough time to think, they seem to hurl themselves towards me and then dissapear and it's scary stuff! I don't want to stop the paralysis altogether because I want to learn to astral travel and I know sleep paralysis can be a spring board for that.

Could it be that I am going to the astral plane in my sleep, not remembering and bringing these beings back? Or are they just turning up in my room and scaring the crap out of me?!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juliagulia55 For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), Caren (18th June 2011), Fred Steeves (17th June 2011), Jake (17th June 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

It'd be cool if you guys are right. I'm undecided on the whole astral travel thing. I have fallen out of my body once so I know the theory is sound and I recalled a memory of entering my body when I was about 18 months old. I think the previous occupant changed his mind. If I do get out, I'll be off to the moon to check out these reptilians. Is there any danger that you can get stuck outside of your body?
    Hey, that's good you've already done it, you've got a head start. From my experience anyway, it took much practice once out. It started just by sliding out of body up and down the length of the bed and then back. Once that stopped freaking me out it was like going to class. Over the "course" (ha ha) of a few months it went from sliding out and back in, to floating wobbly round the room, to navigating round the house, to outside practice, to eventually I could just shoot straight up like 60,000 feet, stop on a dime, and enjoy the view. That's partially why I used the freefall analogy, the progression of learning to use the air to "fly" goes from wobbly, to like a bird.

I've never felt apprehension in the least of not being able to get back, and never heard of anyone who did. Relax and enjoy.

Oh, and by the way, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Cheers,
    Fred

18. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by toothpick (here)
    Tried to get my wife to observe me, and, I was going to wiggle a finger, or move an eyelash.
    It didn,t work because she could not stay awake.
    It caused a bit of a row between us for a while, she thought I was crazy.

That's funny! Been there, done that.

Sometimes it's better just to put a cork in it and watch the damn sit com.

Cheers,
    Fred

19. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Could you speak of your emotions felt during this encounter?

One way to think about it may be in terms of archetypes; symbols.

Anubis... Anno-bis Perhaps he is checking on his namesake?

From and ancient Egyptian perspective, Anubis (Ancient Greek: Ἄνουβις) is the Greek name for a jackal-headed god associated with mummification and the afterlife in ancient Egyptian religion.

In the ancient Egyptian language, Anubis is known as Inpu, (variously spelled Anup, Anpu, and Ienpw).

He takes names in connection with his funerary role, such as He who is upon his mountain, which underscores his importance as a protector of the deceased and their tombs.

Like many ancient Egyptian deities, Anubis assumes different roles in various contexts, and no public procession in Egypt would be conducted without an Anubis to march at the head.

Anubis' wife is a goddess called Anput, his female aspect, and their daughter is the goddess Kebechet.

The critical weighing of the heart scene in the Book of the Dead also shows Anubis performing the measurement that determined the worthiness of the deceased to enter the realm of the dead (the underworld)

One of the roles of Anubis was "Guardian of the Scales".[9] Deciding the weight of "truth" by weighing the Heart against Ma'at, who was often depicted as an ostrich feather, Anubis dictated the fate of souls.

Anubis is a son of Ra in early myths.

In later times, during the Ptolemaic period, Anubis was merged with the Greek god Hermes, becoming Hermanubis.

Hermanubis also appears in the alchemical and hermetical literature of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.

Anubis was sometimes associated with Sirius in the heavens
    , and Cerberus in Hades.

Where did these legends come from? Are they rooted in historical fact; an interpretation of events that could not be explained in scientific terms at the time?

Who knows.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sync For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), aranuk (17th June 2011), Calz (21st June 2011)

21. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

My apologies if this is taking the this interesting thread off topic, but I am just starting out with the whole 'out of body experience' thing........and am wondering what is / are the best method(s) to try for a newby?
    I've tried the 'rope climbing' method, but got really disoriented and snapped straight back. Should I just persist and practice practice practice?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukes4monny For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), MorgaineFallen (21st June 2011)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Anno, Hello.

("Hypnagogia" the Unique State of Consciousness Between Wakefulness and Sleep) As you may know by now, Sleep paralysis occurs to each and every one of us, each and every time we sleep. It is our bodies way of keeping us from hurting ourselves while we are in the dream-states. We do not 'act' out our dreams in our sleep because of our bodies natural ability to paralyze itself. If you can stay awake (trance) while your body does this, you will feel a thick, cold adreniline type 'rush' indicating the loss of muscle tone. It usually creates an 'excited' or 'enhanced' or 'heightened' state of awareness. Mostly, though, people will wake into paralysis spontaneously. As stated by someone already, this is a platform for OBE. The OBE is a natural untapped potential for all of us. It is a real phenomenon. I have been plagued by the spontaneous OBE for as long as I remember. It has only been recently that I embraced the experiences.

I have seen doctors regarding my sleep paralysis issues. I have had sleep studies done by some of the best sleep medicine specialists in the field. They are always quick to explain hypnopompic and hypnogogic 'hallucinations' with regards sleep paralysis. "Alpha Wave Intrusion Indicating Arousal" is what they ended up calling it. A derivative of REM sleep behavior disorder. (Acting out dreams while sleeping) except I was being aroused into a waking state while still in deep theta,, and paralyzed.

There are lots of Audio and visual and kinesthetic phenomenon that will occur from that state. In that state we are much more acutely aware of our energy bodies and energy body sensations. Most people will experience intense vibrations and energy flow phenomenon. Others will see and hear lights and sounds. It is highly personal, what you come accross when first endeavoring to project into the non-physical.

That is what is happening. You are having OBEs. The oscillating tone that you heard was 'getting in tune' no?
    "Like this: wooow..............wooow..............wooow....... .....wooow...wooow...wooow...wooow...woooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

Our physical bodies have an energy body counterpart that follows the rules of energy/vibration/frequency/fluidity etc... We have to start understanding our physical world through these terms. Especially if we intend to master the astral and our energy bodies. The astral is our birthright.

I go into vast details about this stuff in my book, The Book of Jacob. you can view it or download it from: www.thebookofjacob.webs.com

There is a story unfolding throughout the universe, and we are part of it. The next chapter will be about Human Potential. Part of our 'awakening' into consciousness will be the realization of our truly amazing abilities and potentials.

Best regards, Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), Calz (21st June 2011), core2011 (20th June 2011), juliagulia55 (17th June 2011), Malachi (17th June 2011), sdafnom (17th June 2011), ZAINA (21st June 2011)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by dukes4monny (here)
    My apologies if this is taking the this interesting thread off topic, but I am just starting out with the whole 'out of body experience' thing........and am wondering what is / are the best method(s) to try for a newby?
    I've tried the 'rope climbing' method, but got really disoriented and snapped straight back. Should I just persist and practice practice practice?

Dukes4monny,, excellent question. There are lots of approaches to take when endeavoring to project into the non-physical. Learning to quiet your mind and drop into trance, is the first step. Mind/Awake body/asleep. It takes practice, yes. Another thing you can do (if you don't already) is take up an energy work routine. Energy work is easy, it is like exercise for you energy body. Increasing your awareness of your energy body, and doing a normal energy work routine will stimulate primary and secondary energy centers and build pathways for energetic flow. It will also 'loosen' up your energy body, making for a seamless 'exit'.

Try this one, Robert Bruce is the real deal. http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new-energy-ways.html

Medation/energy work/trance/OBE.. In that order. Best regards, Jake.

www.thebookofjacob.webs.com
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Anno (17th June 2011), Calz (21st June 2011), dukes4monny (17th June 2011)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by toothpick (here)
    [...]I researched it down to sleep paralyses.
    But as far as i,m concerned there is a lot more to it than they are letting on.
    They say it's a safety mechanism don't they. To stop you acting out your dreams and hurting yourself. I love the idea that the falling feeling you get sometimes as you fall asleep that jolts you awake, is a throw back to when we lived in trees and it stops us from falling out in our sleep. I always try to remember that any theory relating to the body can be true but doesn't have to negate what is happening to the spirit. The two are separate.

Quote Posted by juliagulia55 (here)
    I keep coming out of sleep paralysis and finding beings (some look human) in my room coming towards me, some have been less threatening but most of them don't seem nice![...]
    I recall a theory that this too is a safety mechanism. They're meant to be projections of your self to stop you doing things you're not ready for. I think it has to do with manifestation. If you go off into the astral in fear you're going to manifest fear, so it's best to scare yourself back into your body.

Quote Posted by Sync (here)
    Could you speak of your emotions felt during this encounter?[...]
    I don't full recall the dream itself. It wasn't a positive one. All I remember is being in a field with a group of other people. There was a campfire and 'things' were trying to encroach on us. The last thing I remember seeing is the silhouette of the Jackal. It was sat under a bench and looking at me although I couldn't make out any features. Each time I go to say Jackal, my mind throws out Dingo, too. If you check my previous threads you'll see one called something like Spider Dreams. They are the first two animal totem dreams I had since joining here. This one being the third. The first was actually two back to back dreams about spiders, then a few days later I had one with shinto style fox spirits.

All three dreams were dark in nature but I didn't really feel anything. As soon as I become aware, any emotions go away and I'm just there observing what is happening and thinking about it, which is what usually wakes me up.

Anno-bis made me laugh btw. I've seen Anubis. Last year I had a dog die and I asked him to guide her. I was stood in the back garden and after I asked I saw a cloud in the shape of an angel being chased by one that looked like a dog. Slyphs?

I don't really care about staying on topic, aslong as it's interesting! I too would like to know more about this. I've never consciously tried astral projection. I'm more of a theorist. I like to read and learn then let things happen in their own time.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anno For This Post:

juliagulia55 (17th June 2011)

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    The oscillating tone that you heard was 'getting in tune' no?[...]
    The note or tone was constant, I guess the modulation I heard would best be described as power or volume. It's hard to explain in words. At first it was just woooow. But when I couldn't open my eyes anymore the woows started to get closer together and sped up until there was just one long wooooooow.

On a moderator side note... each time I click reply on this thread, it remembers all of the other multi-quotes I've done so I get every last one appearing in the reply box each time I reply. =/

30. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)

Dukes4monny,, excellent question. There are lots of approaches to take when endeavoring to project into the non-physical. Learning to quiet your mind and drop into trance, is the first step. Mind/Awake body/asleep. It takes practice, yes. Another thing you can do (if you don't already) is take up an energy work routine. Energy work is easy, it is like exercise for you energy body. Increasing your awareness of your energy body, and doing a normal energy work routine will stimulate primary and secondary energy centers and build pathways for energetic flow. It will also 'loosen' up your energy body, making for a seamless 'exit'.

Try this one, Robert Bruce is the real deal. http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new-energy-ways.html

Medation/energy work/trance/OBE.. In that order. Best regards, Jake.

www.thebookofjacob.webs.com
    Jake, many thanks for these pointers. The two links you gave look very useful. The meditation and complete relaxation for me is not a problem........I'll have to implement an energy work routine and hopefully this will help me on my way

31. The Following User Says Thank You to dukes4monny For This Post:

Jake (17th June 2011)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

[QUOTE=Fred S.;246060]

Good God Fred have you twice ran out of fuel piloting an airplane?
    What a brave man you are! I could ONLY jump out if it ran out of fuel or lost a wing or something serious we were going to crash. But never for fun, good Lord.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

33. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    Good God Fred have you twice ran out of fuel piloting an airplane?
    What a brave man you are! I could ONLY jump out if it ran out of fuel or lost a wing or something serious we were going to crash. But never for fun, good Lord.

Stan

That's pretty funny Stan. Actually the number's more like 60, and I keep meaning to pay more attention to the damn fuelgauge! Needless to say the safe driver insurance discount is out the window. Details, details...

Cheers,
    Fred

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast