+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lord Sid

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: Lord Sid

Maybe he found a life...... only kidding, kind of. Maybe his life has him doing other things for a lil while, like a hobby. Of course, more likely is a bad case of carpel tunnel has him "sidelined" for a while. All comedy aside, hope he's ok and happy. Is anyone else willing to step up in his absence and be a temporary, over-educated, know-it-all wise ass until Sid's back??? Ok hope we can all laugh at this as im only jesting, Sid and I are very close, we have spiraled through life together like two double Helix of DNA, like peas and carrots Sid and I.
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Calz (20th June 2011), crosby (19th June 2011), DoubleHelix (19th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), Miller (19th June 2011), modwiz (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011), sepia (19th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I am a friend of Robs and speak with him frequently. We are like brothers. It gets tiring, even if most people either like you or are neutral to carry on while someone is pissing on your back all the time. Rob would wade into any subject fearlessly and there are certain subjects that are a guarantee for a golden shower. I miss him too but not the abuse he had to endure from buttnuggets.

Do not confuse these with the other kinds of endearing nuggets that Lord Sid would affectionately throw around.

4. Link to Post #23
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Anno (here)
    Can someone explain to me what all this nugget business is/was about and where it came from? I've only been here five minutes so I just caught the end of it.
    Definition:

nugget:

noun
    1. a lump of something, as of precious metal.
    2. a lump of native gold.
    3. anything of great value, significance, or the like: nuggets of wisdom.
    4. a bite-size piece of chicken, fish, etc., usually batter-fried.
    5. Welding . (in a spot-weld) the metal fused.

Australian Slang
    a. a powerful, heavy animal.
    b. a strong, thickset man.
    c. a piece of &/or lump of Sh#t.

A clever noun constantly used by LS, leaving the reader to ascertain its True Meaning?

So you will have to look back at some of LS reply posts to figure out in what Context the semantical 'noun' was used?

I have no doubt that at times LS used the Australian Slang Defn: Part C as a way of expressing himself without getting himself into trouble with both the Mods and the member it was directed at.

Moohahaha Moohahaha Moohahaha
    Last edited by jackovesk; 19th June 2011 at 05:15.

5. Link to Post #24
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people.”

BILL HICKS

HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK SOON - MISS YOUR ANTICS AND HUMOR

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

Calz (19th June 2011), crosby (19th June 2011), Davidallany (19th June 2011), Lisab (19th June 2011), Miller (19th June 2011), mondaze (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011), shijo (19th June 2011)

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

There is the matter of Lord or Uncle Sid rescuing the down trodden and those who desperately need assistance and I'm not just talking about all the ones who can't post a decent video on Avalon without his assistance. Although Lord Sid found that to be a full time job and beyond. I know he's worn out with all the negatives that arose over Charles/Atticus/ and all the cursed cusing that followed but one thing I know for sure and that's if anyone makes an appeal for real assistance, Sid can't help himself, he will come back in all his glory. He will ride in on his white stallion and save the day...once again.

Some things never change ~ A hail and hardy thunderous applause and much love to Lord Sid! And so it is... xoxoxox
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

Calz (19th June 2011), crosby (19th June 2011), Davidallany (19th June 2011), enoch (19th June 2011), Lisab (19th June 2011), Miller (19th June 2011), modwiz (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011), shijo (19th June 2011), TWINCANS (19th June 2011)

9. Link to Post #26
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Keep the accolades coming, its always nice to be validated especially if you are an evil genius lol.
    In the mean time i'm sure lord Sid is fine and dealing with scaffold contractors for that gapping hole in his dea [cough] th star.
    Today is a precious gift, thats why its called the present

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

crosby (19th June 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (19th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

11. Link to Post #27
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

Okay, where is he? I was just getting used to him and appreciating his candor and intelligence.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (19th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

13. Link to Post #28
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

Quote Posted by manny (here)
    this is a message for Lord Sid.
    hope you have not retired for good.
    you have helped many a people with your love,warmth,humor and advice.
    you are being missed greatly.
    best wishes with whatever you decide.
    seconded, thirded, fourthded and so on..

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bennycog For This Post:

Calz (19th June 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (19th June 2011), DoubleHelix (19th June 2011), juliagulia55 (19th June 2011), Kerrigan (20th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011), sepia (19th June 2011), shijo (19th June 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

I liked to think the definition of the term 'nugget' was the equivalent of 'grommet' (a beginner surfer) - i.e that being:

A leaner surfing the wave of knowledge

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oceanz For This Post:

Anno (19th June 2011), bennycog (22nd June 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (19th June 2011), jcocks (20th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

The art of Lord Sidious's Nuggatory. Remember that the Emperor is not as forgiving, but I still love him.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Calz (19th June 2011), DoubleHelix (19th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

19. Link to Post #31
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,441 times in 1,399 posts

No - I mean that some people on the forum have been absolute ****s and I'm not surprised he's taking a break. I hope that it is just a break and not something more inSIDIOUS (pun) and that when he does return we will all remember what a valued member he is and how much positivity he brings to the forum. I also think that the mods should delete and edit EVERYTHING that is a personal attack. Yet they seem to allow some people a lot of sway and come down heavily on others. When we first joined we were given a set of rules about the forum, about what would be tolerated and what wouldn't. As far as I can see, it was part of the Terms & Conditions that we signed up to. PA is an ailing community at the moment although I know this is only temporary. Maybe we should all go quiet for a while and let the trolls die of starvation.

Hey Modwiz - next time you are in touch with Rob please give him my very best regards? Ta.

Quote Posted by jc71 (here)
    Hey W1ndmill,

You mean about being in the "18" and then departing suddenly. Yes good point - I am sure he will be back when he is ready.

:-) I will miss him in strange sort of way.

Regards,

J

Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    If you were LS wouldn't you go a bit quiet after all that shenanigans ...?
    Last edited by Miller; 19th June 2011 at 07:52.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Calz (19th June 2011), crosby (19th June 2011), jc71 (19th June 2011), jcocks (20th June 2011), Kerrigan (20th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

21. Link to Post #32
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 times in 304 posts

good luck rob in all future efforts to get the masses off their knees! you leave a massive void in this space !

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mondaze For This Post:

Calz (20th June 2011), crosby (19th June 2011), Kerrigan (20th June 2011), Miller (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011), shijo (19th June 2011), winnasboy (19th June 2011)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member sshenry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 times in 319 posts

Sometimes taking a break from certain situations is the only way to keep yourself sane and maintain a healthy perspective.

Wherever you are Lord Sid, I hope that the view is awesome and that you get the full compliment of fries with your ten piece

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sshenry For This Post:

HORIZONS (20th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

25. Link to Post #34
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

All the best LS, I'm sorry to see that you feel forced out of the place you helped build.

The people are this place, so when you're treated that way and you see no resolve, the best thing to do is back away sometimes. I understand why you've left, but this is my last post, probably for good - I've been waiting to see how things go so I've been quiet, but now that you've gone, I leave my last message here to you, to wish you well, and I decide to follow your example.

I don't need any place to continue to grow, but I will miss the people.

Good luck, you deserve to be treated with respect here of all places, shame it didn't happen. Please no-one quote or reply to my post - this thread is entirely for Rob, and I'm simply saying an open goodbye to him.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Dawn For This Post:

Sebastion (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

27. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

This is sad news the mediator has left the building. Many time I have watched LS bring balance back to a wayward thread.
    Or stand up for human dignity. His compassion was evident. Seldom could you ruffle his feathers never responding with venom to an attack.
    This was one lightened soul and I will miss this dark light warrior. This is something he felt he must do or he would not. He loved to help nuggets.
    SID all my best to you brother.
    Enoch

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enoch For This Post:

crosby (20th June 2011), modwiz (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

For people who want to hear what they want to hear you can only tell the what they want to hear. That they are precious nuggets.

LS offered a different perspective on a situation he was involved in and was shouted down by the those who weren't in the least involved in the situation yet seemed to know all about it in some mysterious manner.

What is one supposed to refer to those people as? Yes Moderation would have the pen out if people just began referring to them as "people playing in their own ****"

doh.

Pleeeeeeeeease.

LS didn't create the nugget, he just noticed it for what it was.

But people tend to attack the observer rather than the perpetrator. Because they want to hear what they want to hear.

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Quote Posted by Anno (here)
    Can someone explain to me what all this nugget business is/was about and where it came from? I've only been here five minutes so I just caught the end of it.
    Definition:

nugget:

noun
    1. a lump of something, as of precious metal.
    2. a lump of native gold.
    3. anything of great value, significance, or the like: nuggets of wisdom.
    4. a bite-size piece of chicken, fish, etc., usually batter-fried.
    5. Welding . (in a spot-weld) the metal fused.

Australian Slang
    a. a powerful, heavy animal.
    b. a strong, thickset man.
    c. a piece of &/or lump of Sh#t.

A clever noun constantly used by LS, leaving the reader to ascertain its True Meaning?

So you will have to look back at some of LS reply posts to figure out in what Context the semantical 'noun' was used?

I have no doubt that at times LS used the Australian Slang Defn: Part C as a way of expressing himself without getting himself into trouble with both the Mods and the member it was directed at.

Moohahaha Moohahaha Moohahaha

30. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

It must be Bill's fault .. oh wait! This is Avalon ...

(sorry coudn't resist! no harm intended)
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

9eagle9 (19th June 2011), crosby (20th June 2011), Holly Lindin (20th June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th June 2011), Nasu (20th June 2011), Sebastion (19th June 2011), seko (19th June 2011)

33. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

I love you brother of knowledge, as you can see we miss you.

You can come back when ever mate!!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Calz (19th June 2011), crosby (20th June 2011), modwiz (19th June 2011)

35. Link to Post #40
    Europe Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Not suprising really, I too have stood agast as nuggets have bought in to a shed load of crap , like the whole 'charles material' debacle , why oh why do you all buy into such silly stories ? The endless need for narative, when belief is denuded a greater 'belief' is needed, BS begets super BS. I agreed with Bill about integrity , so I'm off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast