+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 45. Dried up elite, juicy us!

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Default 45. Dried up elite, juicy us!

What do the elite really want?

Money perhaps? Control perhaps? Technology perhaps? Or is it 'something' else?
    This 'something' else could be their weakness. What is the point of money, control or technology
    if you do not have 'ever lasting life'! Ever lasting life means no karma to face, so they may think.

Of course we can't know this for sure, but being promised everlasting life is a powerful motivator. How they achieve this is not beyond imagination. Diet? Clone? Avatar? A box load of me?

The thought of karma or judgement day keeps most of us on the straight and narrow.
    But what if you think, that whatever you do has no consequences. Wouldn't you feel like a God?

Being motivated in this way and keeping the deception going must produce a great deal of anxiety and fear. So we can guarantee that they are not the happiest of bunnies. They could have more to fear than we do! Spiritually they have run dry, no juice, because they are stuck in the physical world, which they believe to be real.( Even beings in another dimension are no different, they too are stuck. If you really do know, all there is left is kindness.)

We are a little more juicy, but we could be juicier! The general public are unfortunately stuck in an advertisers dream. We can help them. How? By being very juicy!

This forum could an excellent place for the juice to flow. But let's be frank, it does sometimes get boring, the same themes going round in infinite circles...no juice! A common purpose gone Common Purpose.

Look at how you really feel, and write about it. Take down the defences and projections. All of us have messages on our private message boards that are different than on displayed on the forum. Talk about how you really feel. If anyone criticises, they are saying more about themselves than you, and we all see that.

People that criticise please do not feel bad, because this is a process of opening up, and yes, it is uncomfortable. Maybe then we can meet in the middle beyond the words. Translating an experience is difficult.

What Bill has just said, on his thread, I do not see at all. But he has every right to say it. I in turn must look more closely at what he is saying and try to feel the experience, in my own way. I find, I word it differently and value different aspects.

An example. Take a diamond. An archeologist will be interested in how it is formed. An industrialist is interested on its uses. A diamond cutter will be interested in shaping it. An investor is interested in its value. A wearer is interested on how it looks. It is still the same piece of carbon, and can be melted, so it's not real anyway.

The importance in the forum is that the site is visited. People may find something of value, expressing something that they can identify with. Some of us a far too clever for our own good, and people cannot get on with it. Someone else might just say something they think is irrelevant, but another will think, “Thank goodness... I feel exactly the same way!” ...let there be juice!

Tony

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Amenjo (20th June 2011), Cjay (20th June 2011), craig mitchell (20th June 2011), crosby (20th June 2011), Heartsong (20th June 2011), Jayke (20th June 2011), kersley (20th June 2011), loveandgratitude (20th June 2011), Nasu (20th June 2011), Rainbowbrite (20th June 2011), ROMANWKT (20th June 2011), Wacko in pajamas (20th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

Default Re: 45. Dried up elite, juicy us!

ahh pie'n'eal, very good food for thought. thanks for this thread.
    regards, corson

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Cjay (20th June 2011), Nasu (20th June 2011), Tony (20th June 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

As he spake, so it passed, let there be juice he yelled and low there was juice a plenty.... Great post... N

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Cjay (20th June 2011), crosby (20th June 2011), Tony (20th June 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Pink Yoda and green Yoda, how I enjoy your insights and humour. Let's use the teacher's juicer/grinder (a la The Wall) to make some elite worms for our compost heap.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Nasu (21st June 2011), Tony (20th June 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Tomorrow is the next exciting instalment... source of the juice!
    Or, how to get your juices going!!!

Tony

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

crosby (20th June 2011), Heartsong (20th June 2011), Nasu (21st June 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    Tomorrow is the next exciting instalment... source of the juice!
    Or, how to get your juices going!!!

Tony
    thank you. I was just going to ask for a further definition of "juice". As yet, I'm not sure I have any....

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member sshenry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 times in 319 posts

An odd, but strangely disturbing thought is this: It was said once that 'magic cannot live in an unwilling heart', and in this case you would need to substitue "spirituality" for "magic.

If the elite (whoever or whatever they are) have rejected spirituality vehemently enough, would it be enough to keep a soul from wanting to reside within it? This of course would mean that they are soul-less and what they have become is one possible future for those who continue to reject the spiritual aspect of themselves. It would also mean that these dried up elite have realized that they cannot continue to thrive and exist as they are and are in need of 'something more' (which they have rejected and driven away).

The very cut and dried 'here and now' approach of the elite makes it difficult for them to understand the real nature of what it is they are looking for (what they know intrinsically that they need) and you can see how this would drive them in circles. They can't accept spirituality - they no longer have a frame of reference for it - but they know that those who DO still have that connection have SOMETHING that they need, and so they go about attempting to control it in an attempt to gather it for themselves (a technique that serves them well on the level of physical accumulation).

Eh - don't mind me, I'm just rambling now

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sshenry For This Post:

crosby (20th June 2011), Nasu (21st June 2011), Tony (20th June 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

juice = sparkle, flow of creative energy, fun, display of craziness, warrior, divine madness, childlike.... .anything that works for you!

15. Link to Post #9
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sshenry (here)
    An odd, but strangely disturbing thought is this: It was said once that 'magic cannot live in an unwilling heart', and in this case you would need to substitue "spirituality" for "magic.

If the elite (whoever or whatever they are) have rejected spirituality vehemently enough, would it be enough to keep a soul from wanting to reside within it? This of course would mean that they are soul-less and what they have become is one possible future for those who continue to reject the spiritual aspect of themselves. It would also mean that these dried up elite have realized that they cannot continue to thrive and exist as they are and are in need of 'something more' (which they have rejected and driven away).

The very cut and dried 'here and now' approach of the elite makes it difficult for them to understand the real nature of what it is they are looking for (what they know intrinsically that they need) and you can see how this would drive them in circles. They can't accept spirituality - they no longer have a frame of reference for it - but they know that those who DO still have that connection have SOMETHING that they need, and so they go about attempting to control it in an attempt to gather it for themselves (a technique that serves them well on the level of physical accumulation).

Eh - don't mind me, I'm just rambling now
    They are putting themselves in hell, all eighteen hells.
    It's healthy to have a ramble!

Tony

16. Link to Post #10
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I typed out this some time ago, now it may be relevant. It's the stepping stone to the hell realms.

In Tibetan Buddhism there are six psychological realms (I know in other traditions this is described differently). These are the god realm, the jealous god realm, the human realm, the animal realm, the hungry ghosts and the hell realms.

I just happened to come across Chogyam Trungpa's description of the animal realm in his book, The Myth of Freedom, which I found interesting...

Stupidity.

The descriptions of the different realms are related to subtle but distinct differences in the way individuals handle themselves in daily life - how they walk, talk, write letter, the way they read, eat, sleep and so on.

Everyone tends to develop a style which is peculiar to them. If we hear a tape recording of our voices or see a video of ourselves, we are often shocked to see our style as someone else sees it. It feels extremely alien. Usually we find other people's point of view irritating or embarrassing.

Blindness to our style, to how others see us, is most acute in the animal realm. I am not speaking literally being born as an animal but of the quality of mind, a mentality which stubbornly pushes forward towards predetermined goals.

The animal mentality is very serious. It even makes humour into a serious occupation. Self-consciously trying to create a friendly environment, a person will crack jokes or try to be funny, intimate or clever. However, animals do not really smile or laugh; they just behave.

They may play, but it is unusual for animals to actually laugh. They might make friendly noises or gestures, but the subtleties of a sense of humour are absent.
    The animal mentality looks directly ahead, as if wearing blinkers. It never looks to the left or right but very sincerely goes straight ahead, trying to reach the next available situation, continually trying to adjust situations to make them conform to its expectations.

The animal realm is associated wit stupidity: that is preferring to play deaf and dumb, preferring to follow the rules of available games rather than re-define them. Of course, you might try to manipulate your perception of any given game, but you are really just following along, just following instinct.

You have some hidden or secret wish that you would like to put into effect, so when you come to obstacles, to irritations, you just push forward regardless of whether or not you may hurt someone or destroy something of value.

You just go out and pursue whatever is available and if something else comes up, you take advantage of that as well ans pursue it.

The ignorance or stupidity of the animal realm comes from a deadly honest and serious mentality which is quite different from the bewilderment of the basic ignorance of the first skandha. In animal ignorance you have a certain style of relating to yourself and refuse to see that style from other points of view.

You completely ignore such possibilities. If somebody attacks you or challenges your clumsiness, your unskilled way of handling a situation, you find a way of justifying yourself, find rational to keep your self-respect. You are not concerned with being truthful as long as your deception can be maintained in front of others. You are proud that you are clever enough to lie successfully. If you are attacked, challenged, criticised, you automatically find an answer. Such stupidity can be very clever. It is ignorance or stupidity in the sense that you do not see the environment around you, but you see only your goal and only the means to achieve that goal, and you invent all kinds of excuses to prove that you are doing the right thing.

The animal mentality is extremely stubborn, but this stubbornness can be sophisticated as well, and quite skilful and ingenious, but without a sense of humour. The ultimate sense of humour is a free way of relating with life situations in their full absurdity. IT is seeing things clearly, including self deception, without blinkers, without barriers, without excuses.

It is being open and seeing with panoramic vision rather than trying to relieve tension. As long as humour is used as a way to relieve tension or self-consciousness or pressure, then it is humour of the animal realm, which is actually extremely serious. It is a way of looking for a crutch. So the essence of the animal style is to try to fulfil your desire with extreme honesty, sincerity and seriousness.

Traditionally, this direct and mean way of relating with the world is symbolised by the pig. The pig does not look to the left or right but just sniffs along, consuming whatever comes in front of their nose; it goes on and on and on, without an sense of discrimination – a very sincere pig.

Whether we are dealing with simple domestic tasks or highly sophisticated intellectual projects, we can have an animal style. It does not matter whether the pig eats expensive sweets or garbage. What is important is how he eats. The extreme animal mentality is trapped in the continual, self-contained, self-justifying ground of activity.

You are not able to relate with the messages given to you by your environment. You do not see yourself mirrored by others. You may be dealing with very intellectual matters, but the style is animal since there is no sense of humour, no way of surrendering or opening. There is a constant demand to move on from one thing to the next, regardless of failure or obstacles.

It is like being a tank that rolls along, crushing everything in its path. It does not matter if you run over people or crash through buildings – you just roll along.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), Nasu (21st June 2011)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Jam out with your ham out !
    That was well done baby !
    I always enjoy reading your posts .

I feel all of this doomsday ,UFO, planet X , etc ...is all fabrication , when you get to the bottom of it .
    I have seen the "soul sucking E.T.s" right in front of my face ......and still my gut tells me , it is all fabricated and designed .
    Any who ~thank you sir~
    From the former to the latter .... nothing really is the matter

+ Reply to Thread