+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Female sleeptalking in a mans voice - need help?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member watchZEITGEISTnow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 390 posts

Default Female sleeptalking in a mans voice - need help?

Hi there - this is an odd one for me to ask, but where else could i ask?

I've been with the same woman for about a year now - and we are close.

The other night when both asleep - i noticed her snoring - which made me chuckle at the time...then after 5 minutes her snoring stopped.

Then she started sleep talking to me - in a mans voice - the conversation was fluent and went on for about 2 minutes before ... well i actually freaked out - kind of sat up to look at her - the second i did she woke up and looked at me startled "WTF!!".

I told her what happened and she didn't seem to know or really care - so she went back to sleep.

I would appreciate any info into what I actually experienced? It was the strangest thing in my life that has happened like that so far... so any input would be great?

Thanks!

ps.(The convo was really about this girl herself and what she was going through in her life and she (he the voice) said "I love you" (as in saying it for her - really really weird!)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

astrid (21st June 2011), Cjay (21st June 2011), Maia Gabrial (21st June 2011), Nasu (21st June 2011), ouporblowup (21st June 2011), pharoah21 (21st June 2011), RedeZra (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

Default Re: Female sleeptalking in a mans voice - need help?

Lol my girlfriend does weird things in her sleep as well. One night while I was staying up on the net, she started mumbling something funny. It got louder and louder, and I realised she was speaking in a COMPLETELY different language, one that I've never heard in my life. She was speaking it fluently too, it kinda sounded like 'gara bara vara cha va taka la' something like that, almost like a chant. I was scared for my life lol. I kept trying to wake her up but she just wouldn't wake up!

Then a few weeks later she woke me up claiming I did the same thing

From this, and other experiences we've both had while sleeping, I'm assuming that some people seem to be able to channel while they sleep. Either that or there's just a bunch of weird unexplained things going on in peoples subconcious.
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), Maia Gabrial (21st June 2011), MargueriteBee (21st June 2011), RedeZra (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,336 times in 1,770 posts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Houman For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (21st June 2011), Teakai (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

some suggestions have been : it was a past incarnation (as a male) talking to me, a dream (it was no dream), channeling....

¤=[Post Update]=¤

lol - yep like that - but asleep!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

If there are any mediums that would like to talk in private about this please let me know - i just feel there was a purpose for this...just want to know what that could be

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Just spoke with a person who informed me that was her "masculine" talking to me and it was saying some things she herself would find hard to talk about..so yeah...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

wow... this is an interesting one WZN !!

And yes, a few possibilities,

let me sleep on it, i will get back to you.

A
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Nasu (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Lol good way to have conversation I say.
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

shadowstalker (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

I can't shed any light on your experience but I had a similar experience about 15 years ago. There were 8 people present - 3 adult couples and my 2 children who were 12 and almost 14 at the time. It was new years eve.

One of my best friends and I had previously discussed several times and experimented with a phenomena that we first heard about in high school. It is easy to reproduce. It involves lifting heavy objects with ease. The subject came up in conversation so we decided to try it.

I have a very heavy 8-seater dining table made from chunky wood, reinforced with steel. Four people positioned themselves around the table - one person at each end and one person on each side. We all piled our hands together in the centre of the table, then with our eyes closed, we focused our thoughts on the table being as light as a feather.

After about one minute, a designated person said "now", then we all made fists with only our little fingers sticking out, pointing upwards and without a second of hesitation, we lifted the heavy table above our heads using only the tips of our little fingers.

After a few seconds, the real weight of the table became apparent and our little fingers could not hold it. Perhaps this happened when the concentration of one or more of the four people was broken. As the table began to fall, we would do our best to "catch" it and slow the falling table using our whole hands but even so, it would still hit the floor with a heavy thud.

After initial skeptical discussions about it being a trick or that it was only the strongest of us who could do it, we tried various combinations of the 4 people, including my 2 kids and the 2 smallest women. Every time, without fail, the heavy table was lifted above our heads using only the tips of the little fingers.

The person who was most excited about this was my son. Maybe he thought he was like superman for a few seconds each time he lifted the table above his head.

After about half an hour of this game, our little fingers were getting sore - not from lifting the table because that was effortless but from that initial moment when the table was suddenly heavy again.

Later, we were relaxing in the lounge room. The adults were sitting on couches chatting away while the kids were sitting on the floor, watching TV. My son had fallen asleep on the floor waiting to watch the fireworks that signal the start of the new year.

Suddenly, my son sat up and started speaking in a very authoritative and deep manly voice that immediately reminded me of James Earl Jones. His voice was so powerful that everyone stopped talking and paid attention to what he was saying. We did not understand a word he said but it felt to me like he was delivering an important message, perhaps a stern warning to all of "naughty" humanity. When he finished speaking, he lay down on the floor and went back to sleep.

We all looked at each other in stunned amazement, then after a while saying things like, "did you see... ?", "did that really happen?", "did you hear how DEEP his voice was?", "what language was that?", "that didn't sound like any language I have ever heard", "om-F-g, that was freaky", etc. Then we went back to our conversation as if nothing strange had happened.

Every time I think of it, I am amazed and puzzled by what happened. My son was 12 years old. His voice had not broken and was still a high-pitched young boy's voice. Yet when he woke up and spoke to us, his voice had a tone very similar to James Earl Jones (see short video below). Perhaps even stranger was that none of us could recognise the language my son spoke.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I will be most interested.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Nasu (21st June 2011), pharoah21 (21st June 2011), RedeZra (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

A friend of mine has a son who would stand over him while sleepwalking and speak to him in completely different voice.

He was diagnosed with having schizophrenia.
    But he was/is having a lot of trouble with anxiety and just coping with the world in general - his episodes aren't just during sleep.

The meds his on don't seem to be very effective either.

I don't have much faith in the psychiatric sciences. I remember hearing once that people who are diagnosed with schizophrenia today would possibly be sensitives connecting to other entiities in other cultures or times past.

Sorry - not much help there, really, just thought I'd mention it.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), Nasu (21st June 2011), pharoah21 (21st June 2011), RedeZra (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

The interesting thing too, is we do have access to many more states of consciousness , other than just asleep and awake.

But most people don't have the ability to open these other doorways at will.

For Shamanic practictioners, this is all second nature.

Robert Monroe also of Hemi- Sync fame talks about this,

when he discovered there is a lot more than OBEs to be found when exploring these other states.

And personally the mental health model fails people in so many ways, by not considering all these other doorways.

In our culture a person hearing voices is labelled with an illness,

but in other cultures that same person would be called a Shaman or a Mystic.

See my personal take on this , is that we, through our struggles in the west to even handle being here,

also go through a very real initiation. If you come through it, then you get to be inservice to others.

Thats my take any way.

A
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), Holly Lindin (22nd June 2011), Nasu (21st June 2011), pharoah21 (21st June 2011), RedeZra (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

that's an amazing story cjay. it's odd that these messages come through in different languages, assuming that they are messages. and languages we've never heard? That in itself is hard to understand........because even if it was past life memories you'd assume that the majority of the languages spoken in the past are still spoken today right?

if you have an iphone, there's some app i've heard of called sleep recorder or something like that, it'll pick up on any sound made during your sleep, so you can hear if you're speaking or not. i always wish i could have used it during my experiences but my phone doesn't even have a camera let alone an app store.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was driving home from work one night and there was a late night call show dedicated to 'sleep talking'

By the sounds of it this happens quite a lot! Loads of people were ringing in with all the points mentioned above. One English girl was recorded by her boyfriend speaking fluent Spanish even though she had never been to Spain.

Interesting stuff!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

Cjay (21st June 2011), pharoah21 (21st June 2011), RedeZra (21st June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), shadowstalker (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (21st June 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Pretty much as long as its not aggressive and threatening, and insinuating to harm you or her pretty much it probably a fragment coming forward or a bit of self expression. I find all remarks valid, I'd have a voice activated recorder on standby so she can hear some of this stuff for herself. I have an uncle that speaks French in his sleep, and my grandfather used to laugh in his sleep all night long. I was a notorious sleep walker/talker too.

I was in a relationship witha a man that was in the other diretion. He Normally slept with one eye open, finger twitching on the trigger as it were. Periodically and then with increasing regularity he'd go into these DEEP sleeps, like a coma , and this voice would start speaking to ME. 'You bitch, I'm going to kill you, I'm going to strangle you, I'm going throw you till your bones break."

I'd inform him of this erm..sleep activity because it was a symptom of something even more alarming but he wouldn't have any of it either. The voice would also state things that bothered me, my personal trigger points at it were. I very well knew what was wrong with him, but you know....if there's a devil walking he earth I'd manage to find a way to date it.

One day we were standing in the foyer putting our coats on to go out for the evening and he suddenly picked me up with one arm and hurled me into the wall. He had no idea why he did so. So eventually this sleep expression began to manifest into the wakening hours and he'd have no idea why he behaved the way he did.

That's sort of thing I'd be telling you get the hell out of dodge and find the closest excorcist.

This seems more of uninfluenced or self expressive.

28. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

the body is just a suit and a vehicle for the soul

so when ethereal entities or spirits can walk through walls then they can as easily slip inside the body

for a quick fix or cohabitate with the soul more or less unnoticed

as such spirits miss the sense and pleasures of physicality

it's not easy to restrict them as they come and go as they very well please
    Last edited by RedeZra; 21st June 2011 at 19:04.

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Noble Hops's Avatar
    Thanks

"I never gave a damn 'bout the meter man, 'til i was the man who had to read the meters, man." -- Mike Watt

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Noble Hops For This Post:

watchZEITGEISTnow (22nd June 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Nyce555's Avatar
    Thanks

I talk in my sleep often. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of doing it and laugh at myself. It usually happens when I wake up either laughing or crying and I'm trying to figure out what was so funny or why I am so sad. The dream I am usually having at the time seems real. My boyfriend was told me that he heard me having conversations in my sleep. I can usually explain the part of the dream based on what he tells me I said. I am always amazed that i am saying those things outloud. I also used to sleep walk a lot. I grew out of it the older I get, but I did it often up into my mid 20's. He would tell me I would be lost in the living room or bathroom trying to make my way back to the bed, but I could never figure out how to get back. He would actually wake up hearing me crying in another room and he would have to escort me back to the bed. I would wake up the next morning with no memory of this. I still don't remember to this day.

I do remember sometimes doing it when I was a kid. I would tell my mom about a weird dream about searching for a bathroom and my mom would say "I know, you were in the kitchen trying to pee, but could find the toilet so you were just standing there looking lost. I had to walk you to the bathroom". My mom also sleep walks. I heard it was hereditary so I guess I will have that to look forward to when I have kids.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyce555 For This Post:

pharoah21 (22nd June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (22nd June 2011)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    A friend of mine has a son who would stand over him while sleepwalking and speak to him in completely different voice.

He was diagnosed with having schizophrenia.
    But he was/is having a lot of trouble with anxiety and just coping with the world in general - his episodes aren't just during sleep.

The meds his on don't seem to be very effective either.

I don't have much faith in the psychiatric sciences. I remember hearing once that people who are diagnosed with schizophrenia today would possibly be sensitives connecting to other entiities in other cultures or times past.

Sorry - not much help there, really, just thought I'd mention it.
    I read a book once written by a schizophrenia sufferer who was explaining the importance of being allowed to experience her episodes. They were learning experiences to her. I really got her message so I snuck this book into the library in the mental health department of a hospital I worked in.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Cjay (22nd June 2011), Holly Lindin (22nd June 2011), pharoah21 (22nd June 2011), seko (21st June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (22nd June 2011)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

Quote I read a book once written by a schizophrenia sufferer who was explaining the importance of being allowed to experience her episodes. They were learning experiences to her. I really got her message so I snuck this book into the library in the mental health department of a hospital I worked in.
    Well done ktlight, that was a good idea.
    I now and then sleeptalk but my girlfriend can not understand what I am saying. hihihi.
    Yesterday she told me that she felt like someone hit her with an elbow in her head when she was asleep. She thought it was me, but we were facing opposite sides. So it wasn't me for sure. She didn't get a bruise or anything......it was very weird for her.

Try to understand what the voice is saying WZN, what else can you do???

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

pharoah21 (22nd June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (22nd June 2011)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Quote Posted by ktlight (here)
    I read a book once written by a schizophrenia sufferer who was explaining the importance of being allowed to experience her episodes. They were learning experiences to her. I really got her message so I snuck this book into the library in the mental health department of a hospital I worked in.
    Do you recall the title or the author, KT? It sounds like something I'd like to read.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

pharoah21 (22nd June 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (22nd June 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast