Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Feds eyeing online forums to correct so called 'misinformation'

Doesnt sounds good. its a violation of privacy ,

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thanks for the link Swami.

Funny how most people in Canada don't think they are living in a police state! Be very careful in what you post. I would recommend not putting anything in print that might be incriminating. Everything is being monitored.

This reminds me of Germany when many were rounded up for being against the Nazi regime. They will have more evidence if it is in cyber space to round up those against the government.

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Welcome to the word police

5. Link to Post #5
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Micjer, I don't think that's called for. What we need are millions voicing themselves, not hiding out. Passivity and apathy are part of the problem .. or do you think that we should all just THINK good thoughts, therefore do nothing?

I don't see how it's possible to round up all those people... there are far, far more than you even realize! The government should be afraid of us, not the other way around.

They are OUR servants... more need to step up to the plate and VOICE en masse... there's real power in numbers, don't forget that.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) created the internet in the early 70's, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I'm just wondering what they have to say about sites like this.
    I welcome their input…

Peace

7. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

I decided long ago, (circa 1999) that they would most likely "come for me" one day or another, due to some of the things I will, or had said on forums, etc.

This assumption led me to take the "John Hancock approach" to things. John Hancock signed his name to the Dec. Of Ind. twice the size of everyone else, saying, "There. King George out to be able to read that!"

I have used the same nick everywhere I have spoken publicly, Fredkc. It happens to be my real first name, middle and last initial. A quick Google of my nic returned "About 12,500 results", and even that is probably understating the #. BTW, "Internet privacy" is an oxymoron of the first order.

Mean what you type, and never type anything you wouldn't shout from the rooftops, or in a pub full of complete strangers, and you'll do fine. You may not like the results, but you'll never have trouble looking in the mirror.

So far, my only regret is the hordes of women who stalk me, for my charm, and good looks!

Let freedom ring!
    Fred

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote So far, my only regret is the hordes of women who stalk me, for my charm, and good looks!
    lol fred its your good looks and charm that is just sooooooo irisistable!!!
    i have kind of resigned myself that there is no privicy in net land, so will carry on as one does and say im as mad as hell

https://youtube.com/watch?v=90ELl...eature=related

well? want to join in anyone?
    thx swami for posting that vid reminds me a bit of this http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2165967/posts (COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum.. ) just another thing to curb free thought, cause misdirection and stop folk from finding the truth
    Last edited by morguana; 24th May 2010 at 22:57.

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

I think that one needs to be "wise" in what one speaks out in public, but to be worried that one will be found out is not necessary. If TPTB want to know where I am and what I am thinking all they have to do is ask. There is no hiding out from TPTB's they already know what they want to about anyone they want to know about. But I do feel that the "Be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove" scrip is a valid point of view.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

lol!!
    Most of us at Avalon already know what goes on in regards to dis-info mongers!!!

Just try to be well researched and know the issues involved....I suggest you keep the wording a-political as much as possible.....That does NOT mean you should be quiet on issues.....but demand the higher path from all of our "elected" officials....THEY work for the people......

All public servants should strive to pull in the best technologies, the best monetary system, the best in health care...Education....

It is NOT that difficult if one wants to be FAIR.......and it is for the higher good of Earth & Humanity.....

In Light!

11. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Redtailhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

Remember the 1st amendment?

“ Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

@Moxie. You have a valid point. I really didn't explain what I meant very well. What I was referring to was certain words shouldn't be used to give them reason to be interested in certain subjects, or individuals. You don't want homeland security knocking because they do not play by the rules.

Yes we need to be spreading info and helping to awaken others, but this is different than organizing a rally or something that might interfere with the G20 summit in Toronto for example. They are taking this thing way too serious. Even the Blue Jays have to move their home game to Philadelphia.

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Moxie,

Quote They are OUR servants... more need to step up to the plate and VOICE en masse... there's real power in numbers, don't forget that
    I agree that this should be true but do you really believe they were our servants? Some might have had that ethic but I doubt that the system has worked that way for a very long time. I do however agree that we should voice our disenchantment over what's happening. I find it ironic that the Goverenment budgets are being cut for services that are desparately need by some yet they manage to find the money to fund such a program.
    Layers upon Layers...when will people wake up and stop playing their game?

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

My understanding is that all satellite transmissions as well as all radio, wire & cable (did I leave any out?) are recorded while run through a filter.
    The 'Filter' keys on words and flags - cues user to a smaller grid. This smaller more specific grid continues the process.
    At some point down the line you have a Professional listening to your call, as well as notations on your access code.
    A Citizen can also be 'UP' because some one gives your name out, or any number of ways.

Watch the prison population, is it growing at an alarming rate? Are you grateful to the Government for keeping the criminals locked up?
    You could make a case for that. Or that Prison is a growing industry.

The World Governments want more power, to arrest with out warrant and to hold indefinitely. And they pretty much know exactly who's out there. They have been listening in for a very long time, and are always looking for new customers.
    Perception is Everything

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Think I just got one thing to say about this really:

Bring it on!

The very last thing on my mind is wether someone disapprove to what I'm saying or not.
    People always tell me I remind them so much of Sid (the wierd furry guy from Ice Age, you know), is that a good thing?

16. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Oh well, if half of what the webbots are predicting in their latest report from yesterday, I don't think we will have to worry all that much about the "insiders". I'll keep being me until the end

17. Link to Post #17
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

This is downright funny, being on Project Avalon talking about a chance the government might start watching and participating in forums...

18. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

There are already government agents on internet forums, its not realistic to suggest otherwise, the internet is an information haven, this is what intelligence organizations specialize with, collecting information, controlling the flow of information. There is no way the WWW is 'not' on the radar, it is simply not feasible.

However I am less convinced that every time a disagreement arises means that there is a disinfo agent amidst.

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I personally do not believe they want to "spy" on us. What I do believe what may well be happening now is a campaign to clean up the "smear" that may "hurt" a certain political party(s). They state "misinformation" can get viral if not reigned in.

So by placing their own agents as reputation defenders, they now have their voice on the net, which will get even more confusing then it is now.

They are not stupid, and must realize the importance of this quote:

A good reputation is more valuable than money.
    Publilius Syrus

The "big ones" know of this cycle that is coming, right? So, now more people will be bought
    by emotions, then money. This is the new cycle. They have no choice put to continue playing the game, and they do realize that the game always changes, and if you can bend in the wind like a willow tree and not fight it, then you find another way to reel in the minions.

Just my opinion, but I have had dreams about this also.

in love & light
    The states of awareness we currently perceive are only a thiny fraction of the whole.
    The continuum extends deep into nonphysical areas of the universe far beyond our current physical comprehension ~ William Buhlman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast