+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing With Flowers

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Healing With Flowers

Flowers are the physical manifestation of the Creators Love.

Throughout my life I have found many ways to enjoy flowers.They have taught me so much.

I would like to share with you some practical uses for flowers as well as spiritual applications.

Flowers can help people who suffer with brain injuries or dealing with loss of memory. The colors, scent stimulate the brain activity. As well as help with studying.

Place a yellow flower near you when you are studying...i suggest a sunflower or a gerbera

A report by leading charity, the Alzheimer's Disease Society, for Alzheimer's Awareness Week says that research at a Newcastle hospital shows that sage has similar affects on dementia to drugs such as Aricept

One in five over 85-year-olds will develop dementia..statistics say.

The first person to note the positive effects of sage was 18th century herbalist John Hill. He said sage slowed the memory's "rapid decay".

But my favorite way to ...grow with my flowers..is Ikebana

Ikebana: The ancient Japanese art of flower design that focuses on the philosophy of building a closeness with nature

This for me has been the most fulfilling part of being a florist. Ikebana is more about the empty space between the flowers...then filling a space with flowers.

Flower Essence Therapy
    :

A gentle yet effective way to help restore balance both emotionally and physically it also enhances well-being and creativity, and brings the physical body into balanced harmony.

Flower essences (or gem essences, shell essences, etc.) are actually an "energy medicine". They are capable of healing us at all levels of our being: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.

How to collect flower essences

1. All equipment should be sterilized firstgood hot soak with some soap is usualy good enough but the dishwasher also works very well).

2. When you choose your flower, try to connect with it, feel the energies of its life spark. Choose a healthy plant and visual scan for which flower heads you will cut...(generally one to five).

3. Collect the flower heads by snipping them, with scissors, into a plate/jar/bowl preferably glass, without touching the flowers or the plate.

Touching them or sniffing them will alter the flower's energy. Oils on our skin get transfered to the petals very easily and damage the bloom.

4. Using scissors or tweezers, remove the petals from the flower head. Allow them to fall onto the glass plate/jar/bowl without handling them with your hands.

5. Fill a 2liter, sterilized bowl with 1 liter of distilled water.

6. Try to Shake loose all the stamen before using tweezers to place the petals in the bowl of water so that each petal touches the water surface. The petals will float.

7. Place the bowl in the garden or sunny place outdoors.

8. Repeat steps 2-7 for each individual flower variety that you are making.

9. Take a moment to share in the sun with the flowers, feel the energy source feeding the water, from the flower, from the sun and from you.

While waiting for the remedy to infuse the water it is wonderful to meditate or journal as well as to take pictures of the plants and vistas.

10. This process should be about 3 hrs..but if it is a very sunny area, 2 hours will suffice

11. Fill a 2 liter canning jar with approximately 1 liter of brandy

Recommended ratio is 40-50 percent brandy and 60-50 percent essence (no more than 50 percent brandy

12. Fill the remainder of the jar with the flower infused solution (after straining it).

Drink a little of the remaining essence if you like, then return it to the Earth with thanks.

13. Secure the jar with clean lid and bands and label with name of flower and date.

14. Congratulations, your mother tinctures are complete! Your stock essences can be diluted into dosage portions at your convenience.

Tips:

1. Tools and supplies needed: scissors, long tweezers, 2 tliter glass bowl, glass saucer, distilled water, canning jars and lids, brandy, funnel is also helpfull if you can find a glass one.

2. Best time for collecting flowers: 8 AM - 10:30 AM. A sunny day is a must in preparing flower essences!

3. Choose flowers a day a head of being fully open.

4. Choosing which flower to be made into essences for your personal use can in itself be a process of inner growth and awareness.

You can use your flower essence in a few different ways. Some take it orally, But i use it mostly on pulse points, and for meditation.

Over the last decade,the special community I have found through working with flowers, reminds me a lot of the community here At Project Avalon.

So many varieties are found, each with their own uniqueness and there own particular requirements for care.

Beauty in each nuance, whether it be a freshly cut rose about to bloom... a sunflower, turning her head to see the sun...or The slow decay of a cut flower that offers of glimpses of the circle of life, seen through the eyes of The Creator.

I am blessed to be surrounded by such caring, giving and loving flowers...

My only wish... is one day...to return to them all.. fulfilled in a new destiny..as a Honey Bee.

Healing

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

angelichuman (2nd August 2014), DeeMetrios (8th August 2014), rgray222 (2nd August 2014), tuku (21st February 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Healing With Flowers

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Wink Re: Healing With Flowers

A beautiful post and thread Celine. My wife loves flowers and you have given me a whole new perspective on the value and meaning of flowers. If you guys where near me a would order a room full.

Thank you Celine.
    Blessings to you and your family.

5. Link to Post #4
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Thank you Frank!

if you need any help ordering flowers..I would love to help..

The language of flowers is something you dont see much in north america.

Ex: Red and white roses together say..Togetherness and Unity

if i could i woul dgive a dozen red and white roses to each member

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Hi Celine, your flower thread has inspired me to create some inspiration montages, this ones for you!

The busy bee on the cone flower allowed me to pet him as he went about his business, bumble bees rock!

[IMG][/IMG]
    The states of awareness we currently perceive are only a thiny fraction of the whole.
    The continuum extends deep into nonphysical areas of the universe far beyond our current physical comprehension ~ William Buhlman

7. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Excellent information here, thanks for posting.

Kevin aka COA

8. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you Celine for the very useful information

Love

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stardustaquarion For This Post:

Rich (3rd August 2014)

10. Link to Post #8
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

You are most welcome! Any chance to talk about flowers...lol

Here are some of my favorite essences that i found worked out pretty great...depends on your location and time of year of course

The little yellow buttercups of summer give an essence that allows "your being" to radiate light from the inside out

One of the earliest spring blooming plant and one of my favorites (shhh dont tell the other flowers,..) the lilac flower is often associated with the birth process and mother/child nurturing/bonding

St. John's Wort an herb known for helping depression also illuminates the soul, showing us the light of our own spiritual and physical beings

Wild Rose flower essence offers vitality to our soul , restoring hope and a sense of well being.

Last edited by Celine; 20th March 2010 at 15:15.

11. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Interesting information, I never really thought about the healing ability of flowers but it makes so much sense. Earth is a master of self-healing herself and in doing all the creatures that depend upon her existence. Nature is the perfect corrector of imbalanced energies. After reading your posts I was reminded of a light and sound healing session I attended and I found this link that relates to the earth element of healing and flowers being the perfect example of that. Thank you for sparking my interest once again on this subject.

http://energymedc.com/Five%20Element%20Healing.htm
    Layers upon Layers...when will people wake up and stop playing their game?

12. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi Celine

If you want to talk to the Fairies about flowers just talk to them, they always hang on my patio and I always have some food growing even when I don't plant much. One time I wanted to get a nettle plant cos is good for allergies and it appeared in a pot out of no where cos my patio is walled....Also I got some lovely purple flowers that I guess are wild. That is the reason I invited them to your garden lol, so they help you....actually they wanted to come Hope you don't mind

Love

13. Link to Post #11
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by stardustaquarion (here)
    Hi Celine

If you want to talk to the Fairies about flowers just talk to them, they always hang on my patio and I always have some food growing even when I don't plant much. One time I wanted to get a nettle plant cos is good for allergies and it appeared in a pot out of no where cos my patio is walled....Also I got some lovely purple flowers that I guess are wild. That is the reason I invited them to your garden lol, so they help you....actually they wanted to come Hope you don't mind

Love
    What a wonderful garden you "paint" ...and thank you, no I do not mind at all.

The presence of flowers in my life remind me to live in the moment, to fill every moment with beauty and love.

here is a very unique type of flower... a flower created by mother earth herself, in a very harsh enviroment...

The Desert Rose is a crystal, a rosette formation of gypsum and barite with sand inclusions

14. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member angelichuman's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet thread. I love flower essences as well!
    I like power of flowers http://www.ishalerner.com/flower-essence-store and
    green hope farm essences. www.greenhopeessences.com This one is made without alcohol, as a preservative for those not wanting alcohol.
    I like how they work on the subtle layers/levels and the emotional/mental aspects. Like if we aren't good at expressing ourselves, there is a flower for that... Or if we need to release past trauma or a bad break-up there's some for that.. I recommend getting a blend to start, there are so many essences to choose from! It can be overwhelming to pick just one.

+ Reply to Thread