+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: The scientific works of the greatest inventor of all times: Nikola Tesla - AVAILABLE.

1. Link to Post #41
    Netherlands Avalon Member Trail's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 times in 267 posts

Default Re: The scientific works of the greatest inventor of all times: Nikola Tesla - AVAILABLE.

uTorrent exists for MAC too www.utorrent.com (uTorrent is my favorite program but there are others that will work too.)

After you download and install it on your MAC you can access the torrent link and it will open in uTorrent, you can then select a place on your harddrive for the torrent to be saved to. Make sure you got the free space in that location.

The torrent is still currently HEALTHY. It has 28 people that want to share with you, and currently only 8 people downloading. This means the bandwith (speed of download) will probably be limited to your maximum download speed. I don't expect problems. Also if your connection should drop out, a torrent will simply resume downloading once you get your internet back up and you will not notice any loss of data because of your disconnection. Also all files downloaded via torrents are protected from curruption.. so you can't mess up really

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me for personal assistance.

BTW I offered East_Sun help by PM but he already had success with some help of his son. So you see it's really not so difficult as it may look.

Really.. pm me if you are hesitant to try this out. Im not a MAC guru but i installed uTorrent on a friends mac before without problems.

~Trail.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck
    Its a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear. – Dick Cavett

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Mad Hatter (20th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Default Re: The scientific works of the greatest inventor of all times: Nikola Tesla - AVAILABLE.

Thank you so much!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vanir For This Post:

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 times in 828 posts

Thanks Trail, I'll try this on my work shop computer with it's big empty HD, today. I love the sound of this enterprise. Take care.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

7. Link to Post #44
    Czech Republic Avalon Member haibane's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wavydome (here)
    Thanks of course, but has anyone had good experiences with a mac download of these? I want to keep a pre-intel mac (10.6.x) hooked up to dsl, however long this will take. I have done some big downloads, non-torrent, for CAD, etc, which works flawlessly. The one or two torrent softs tried here on my macs here, over the years, have not seemed successful. I'd love to hear about mac success stories with this.

I think it would be wonderful to search key words, through all these files simultaneously.
    I've checked on availability of uTorrent on PPC macs, and according to their site it's supposed to work, although according to a discussion thread over there, which also happens to be from 2008, without any clear conclusion, it may be a bit iffy and depend on your particular model / configuration, so you might have to get some more help from uncle Google.
    BTW I kept the torrent seeded until recently, until the ratio exceeded about 30, but if you have problems downloading it, let me know and I will re-seed it.

[edit]
    As for keyword searches across a bunch of PDFs, you would need a (PPC mac) application capable of crawling and indexing those files, and I'm not aware of such an app, or if there is, it's likely to be commercial. Also I haven't checked all the files, so chances are some or many of them are actually scans, which means they'd have to be OCR'd (converted from images to text) first, which is possible, but rather a monumental task ...
    Last edited by haibane; 30th March 2012 at 14:16.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to haibane For This Post:

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 times in 828 posts

Thanks haibane, I'm just trying to get the torrent first, just to store it for now... I have a couple other intel macs, just wanted to let them rest, get more use out of the old ppc while it lasts.....

I just came in now as it looks like a learning curve for me, to use torrents. The web page doesn't seem to allow clicking a few times and be done with it. Maybe in a few days i'll study just how to use the torrent, navigate around the ads and so forth. The torrent ap loaded just fine, but perhaps the torrent ap has to be navigated somehow, i'll figure it out. Self taught, so i'm slow. ^__^
    Last edited by Bo Atkinson; 30th March 2012 at 18:09.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

11. Link to Post #46
    England Avalon Member learninglight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

For those new here or missed this i'm bumbing this thread

sharon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

13. Link to Post #47
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Quote Posted by learninglight (here)
    For those new here or missed this i'm bumbing this thread

sharon
    Wow, thank you Sharon.... I had missed this all together! This is an operating bitTorrent link for the Tesla papers:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/4...la?tab=summary

To those who don't know about or use bitTorrents it is a relatively simple process but you need free software installed on your computer.

On Mac I use Vuze and on my old PC (piece of cr*p) I use uTorrent.

Once properly installed you can begin to download PDFs, movies, audios, games and software. (for free)

I am including a screen shot of which link you click on. There are usually several download buttons on the page so you need to know which one to click on. It will read: Download. torrent

or perhaps: GET THIS TORRENT

DON'T GET CONFUSED BY ALL OF THE FLASHY DOWNLOAD BUTTONS, LOOK FOR THE ONE THAT IS RELATED TO THE TORRENT.

* Another helpful hint is to look for healthy torrents. They will have a larger number of SE (seeds) to LE (leeches). Seeds are those who are bit torrenting the file and leeches are those who are gathering the information. More seeds faster download = Healthy torrent.

** If you are looking for a BitTorrent to download there are many sites; Isohunt and PirateBay are two main ones. What I do is put the name of what I am looking for in google or search engine of choice with bittorrent tagged on the search criteria.

HAPPY TORRENTING AND THANKS TO OP FOR POSTING THIS ORIGINALLY... ALWAYS GOOD TO BUMP VALUABLE THREADS.
    Last edited by Christine; 26th July 2013 at 14:05.

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

The original torrent file was on Demonoid wich no longer exists since they where shut-down by authorities, I have edited the original post with an alternative torrent that seems to be an exact copy of the original, but wich was not created by me.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trail For This Post:

gripreaper (14th January 2014), Mad Hatter (20th January 2014)

16. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 987 posts

Here is another large list of ebooks put together as a torrent. The link takes you to a forum, and the torrent link follows the list:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=228929.0

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Would it be possible to get this torrent today by anybody that have these files?

Love,

19. Link to Post #51
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Moz (here)
    Would it be possible to get this torrent today by anybody that have these files?
    I see various torrents available when I do a Google search for "Nikola Tesla collected works torrent" ... are any of these suitable for you?
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Moz (25th May 2014)

21. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Dear Paul,

I will look at it...

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Dear Paul,

In comparison with the original posting on this tread the torrents that are available have a lot less material in them... dont know why?

Moz

23. Link to Post #54
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dear Paul,

In comparison with the original posting on this tread the torrents that are available have a lot less material in them... dont know why?

Moz
    I don't know either ... sorry .

24. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Dear Paul,

Many thanks anyway...

Moz

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Moz For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (25th May 2014)

26. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Love,
    Hey I still have the original contents... I'm in the process of moving to a new house and from +/- 16th june i'll be living there with a 100mbit/100mbit fiber optic internet connection...

If you have the patience to wait that long, I can open up my NAS and let you download the 8+gb collection through FTP.. as soon as I got my network installed and configured.. realistically somewhere between 18-29 june..

~Trail.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Firinn (16th June 2014), Moz (16th June 2014), ThePythonicCow (1st June 2014)

28. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

Dear Trail,

I will be waiting for your post then.
    Many thanks!!!

29. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

First message from new location on a 100mbit fiber optic connection... BUT.. I have not yet found a way to create a true wired connection to my attic.. my speed is about 40/40mbit through an Ethernet 230v power wall plug adapter.. I also do not have the NAS connected yet nor the rest of the network.. consider this a first test message.. working on 100 projects at once.. moving is a pain in the butt.. hold on

edit: Invited an befriended electrician and we looked at all the options to get a Ethernet cable to the attic.. it's going to be hard.. Friday i'll be getting solar panels installed on the roof of the attic and those people are going to need to use the only available route to the meter-closet for bigger power cables, and that's also where the fiber optic connection resides.. they will also need an Ethernet cable and if possible they will install one along with the power cabling..

Meanwhile, I optimized the home plug lan system by moving the 230v outlet in the meter closet to the same fuse as the attic. Before the outlet change the software testing tool of the homeplug system used to say 114mbit connection wich I actually tested as 40-35 down/up speed. After the change the homeplug software says 191mbit (out of 200 max) but my real world test results are 54/54 mbit down/up wich is 54% of what I pay for.. I simply need that real Ethernet cable..

..Just to let you know I'm working on things

edit2:
    MAJOR BUMMER.
    The only route to attic was ruined yesterday while trying to get new cabling through the only existing pipe (used by washing machine) to the attic. We somehow managed to unplug the pipe from its connection point below the cement floor to the meter closet so we cannot use it anymore. So now we don't even have power for the washing machine.

The solar panels are installed but not connected to the mains, thus, not working.

Monday I will be contacted by a construction worker for an appointment to fix this. He will break open the floor.... sigh..

Meanwhile the neighbor alerted me that there is another possible way to route the cables we need. It's a dangerous route, I might ruin my bathroom.. but I'm gonna try this tomorrow with a friend.

Another bummer.. The fricking 230v power-Ethernet adapters have dropped in speed to 15/7mbit for unknown reasons. Not a big deals if I can get a real networking cable installed tomorrow.
    Last edited by Trail; 21st June 2014 at 08:57.

30. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Trail (here)
    First message from new location on a 100mbit fiber optic connection
    I'm jealous .

31. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I'm jealous .
    I knew you would appreciate a fiber optic connection

I'm still jealous myself! At the attic i only get an unstable 15/7mbit while my meter closet tested out as 99/99mbit with a cable straight from the modem to my laptop. My fiber optic network terminator (NT) is a rare 1000mbit port giving me just 100mbit, upgradable to 500/500mbit with one phonecall for like 15 bucks more.

My Job is installing and servicing fiber optic connections (and also copper leased lines etc) for the biggest internet provider in the Netherlands and 99.8% of people that have a 100mbit fiber optic connection also have a so called 100mbit 'gBic' at the POP (the place where fiber optics are provided with data) that cannot even provide more than 100mbit. So I'm very lucky to have a 1000mbit gBic wich are far more expensive.

You KNOW i'll be doing everything in my power to get that 99/99mbit to the attic ASAP.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (21st June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast