+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The scientific works of the greatest inventor of all times: Nikola Tesla - AVAILABLE.

1. Link to Post #61
    Netherlands Avalon Member Trail's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 times in 267 posts

Default Re: The scientific works of the greatest inventor of all times: Nikola Tesla - AVAILABLE.

EPIC FAIL.. Today we drilled through the main water pipe just above my meter closet..

This means I have to ruin my bathroom tiles to repair it.. tomorrow morning 9 o clock someone is coming to fix that...

I now have gotten one pipe with 3x6mm copper power wires for the solar panels through to the attic, getting another pipe in for the networking cable(s) caused the water leak.. but at least getting it done after the water pipe is fixed will be a breeze once the bathroom tiles are removed to allow full access to repair the water mains..

This mission WILL BE COMPLETED.. eventually... even if I have to tear down the whole house in the process... wich is quite a success so far on that aspect.. sigh..
    Last edited by Trail; 22nd June 2014 at 21:13.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck
    Its a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear. – Dick Cavett

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Hervé (23rd June 2014), ThePythonicCow (22nd June 2014)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks

Default Re: The scientific works of the greatest inventor of all times: Nikola Tesla - AVAILABLE.

SUCCESSI installed two 19mm plastic pipes for wires from the basement to the attic through a (currently not so-) hidden passage way in the bathroom. I now have 2 CAT6 STP networking cables to the attic, with room in a pipe for 2 or 3 more if I wanted to. I did two just to make a point. This house has to accept that I'm now the boss here.. even if it takes almost two weeks and a lot of physical and financial damage..

We fixed the water problem, it took 6 hours with a professional construction worker to drill out TWO broken water pipes. We actually hit the radiator (heating) pipeline AND scratched the water mains. Both are repaired now. To fix this we had to break open the 'hidden' passage where all the pipelines reside and drill through the floor to the meter closed. In the floor (or meter closet ceiling) there where pipelines. So, my bathroom is a huge mess with cracked tiles and a big hole in the wall needed to fix the urgent water problem. The bathroom won't be fixed for at least three weeks so my better half is definitely NOT AMUSED.

Wednesday the solar panel installers are coming back with heavy equipment to drill out the floor in the attic to fix the broken plastic pipe used by the washing machine power line wich they ruined trying to fit 3x6mm through it to the attic so then I'd have extra power for the waching machine AND have 9000 watts of power to use in the attic alone. (1x dryer, 1x spare washing machine, 1x outlets and lighting). More than enough.

Mission completed. After Wednesday when the construction workers are done I will install the NAS and configure it for remote access, I will put up a public guest account for everyone here to use. Meanwhile I can finally install my 1100 watts main beast-ish computer in the attic. This is a 8.5 watts 24/7 slowish barebone PC.

Almost forgot ... the speeds: 95.5mbit download / 110mbit upload!! (the upload starts at 500mbit then drops to 100 after a 2 seconds burst).
    Last edited by Trail; 23rd June 2014 at 20:39.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

POST EDITED WITH NEW LINK
    Simple FTP server awaiting connections.

ftp server: The Library
    server url: attic.djtrail.nl port: 8000
    username: guest password: guest
    directory: /Freedom/Freedom Teachings/Docs/Nikola Tesla - Massive e-book collection/

(For those not familiar with using FTP, I *highly* recommend using any free ftp program to download from the server *and not your internet browser*, an FTP program lets you copy files much more easily and protects your files better from corruption and lets you resume broken files.)

Enjoy

p.s. the directory 'Gast' is writable if someone feels the need to drop some files.

p.s.2. This is the first time I ever use the built in FTP software from the NAS so I have no clue what the amount of maximum users it has and I see no way of configuring it, If the server says it's full, please try again later. Let me know if there are problems accessing stuff, this simple setup has never been tested.

~Trail.
    Last edited by Trail; 27th June 2014 at 20:45.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Bluegrass (27th June 2014)

6. Link to Post #64
    El Salvador Avalon Member Bluegrass's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Trail (here)
    Simple FTP server awaiting connections.

Server: attic.djtrail.nl
    Username: gast
    Password: gast
    Port: 21
    Directory: /array1/Freedom/Freedom Teachings/Docs/Nikola Tesla - Massive e-book collection/

Direct link for ftp programs like (www.)flashfxp(.com) or others:
    ftp://gast:gast@attic.djtrail.nl/arr...%20collection/

~Trail.
    Trail, can you please check the route? I am using a free ftp program to download the files, and they seem to be in this directory:

Directory: /array1/Gast/Freedom/Freedom Teachings/Docs/Nikola Tesla - Massive e-book collection

What a mine! Thanks a lot, Trail.

7. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Someone scared the bejevus out of me.. the whole Freedom folder was gone... yet.. somehow I still had my disc full...

I went looking and someone has mistakenly moved the whole folder to the writable guest folder.

I knew it was a mistake to use the built-in FTP program wich I can hardly configure.

I installed a tested and proven FTP server program and have put the folder back online.

Fresh new link:
    ftp server: The Library
    server ip: attic.djtrail.nl port: 8000
    username: guest password: guest
    ftp://guest:guest@attic.djtrail.nl:8000/Freedom/Freedom Teachings/Docs/Nikola Tesla - Massive e-book collection/
    Last edited by Trail; 27th June 2014 at 20:47.

8. Link to Post #66
    Slovak Republic Avalon Member worldserver's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, I also have a lot of materials, could you help me publish them, please? I am having it in a cloud service provider.

9. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

I currently do not have enough discspace available. I could buy a new USB disc and connect it to the NAS for everyone to use as an upload disc, but that will need to wait till I recovered from the big expenses I just had to endure.
    Last edited by Trail; 28th June 2014 at 11:41.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Moz (28th June 2014)

11. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

Hello Trail,

The server does not permit a connection using this info ftp://guest:guest@attic.djtrail.nl:8000/Freedom/Freedom
    I will wait for an update from you.

moz

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moz For This Post:

Trail (28th June 2014)

13. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Hi again,

it working so all is good.
    you have a loooot of stuff there.

tot sienz

moz

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Moz For This Post:

Trail (28th June 2014)

15. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by worldserver (here)
    Hi, I also have a lot of materials, could you help me publish them, please? I am having it in a cloud service provider.
    OMG.. my gf is going to hate me.. I should NOT have done this... but I just bought http://www.alternate.nl/html/product...ticleId=896824 (a 3TB NAS with builtin backup disc).. it was on sale and my other (real 4 disc raid5) NAS is from the same brand so I know they are good..

Sure i'll help.. should have 3 TB of space available after Wednesday.. or sunday next week when I don't find time to initialize the new NAS before my day off..

~T.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Moz (28th June 2014), worldserver (29th June 2014)

17. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Hello Trail,

I have been going through your files and there is hours of great stuff!!!
    Please dont close just yet. I will logon later today to download the tesla files.

moz

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Moz For This Post:

Trail (28th June 2014)

19. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

No problem take it easy

It might go down Monday because I'm unsure if the maintenance guys that are coming to adjust the inverter for the solar panels are going to need to cut the power in the house. I better take no chance and shutdown the raid nicely for the day to prevent data loss. It will go back up when I get home from work.

~Trail.

EDIT: Server has had its planned downtime and its back up.
    (But the $@#%! solar panel installer did not even show up but called with an excuse.. next appointment will hopefully be made when I'm at home wich minimizes downtime..I've had it with these guys..)

BTW The Library Server is running on pure solar energy, my whole house is, for the past 6 days.. The 17x260watt panels produce an average of 20 kilowatts per day so far.. but that won't be like that in the winter months.. im hoping for 4000+KW per year.. although 3500kw is more likely..

Tomorrow the extra space will be delivered... I'm hoping to find time to configure it...
    Last edited by Trail; 30th June 2014 at 20:21.

20. Link to Post #73
    Slovak Republic Avalon Member worldserver's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you! I sent private message

21. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

The new 2x3TB Buffalo Linkstation Networked Attached Storage arrived!

I've changed the original 6TB array to a 3TB mirrored array. (This means that the device has two 3 TB drives wich could be used as 6TB (raid 0 mode) but will be used as 3TB with an automatic backup copy to the other drive (raid 1 mode).)

Copying the contents from 'The Library FTP' over from the old Terrastation NAS to the new Linkstation NAS as we speak.

This operation takes over 8 hours.. after that there will still be more than 2TB space available for everyone who wishes to share interesting info with the rest of us..

22. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

Server has been up and running steadily for almost 2 months now..

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (24th August 2014)

24. Link to Post #76
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Quote The Secret of Nikola Tesla (Serbo-Croatian: 'Tajna Nikole Tesle'), is a 1980 Yugoslav biographical film which details events in the life of the inventor Nikola Tesla (portrayed by Serbian actor Petar Božović). Tesla was born to ethnic Serb parents in 1856 Croatia (at the time, part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire). He arrived in New York in 1884, became an American citizen in 1891, made immense contributions to science and died in Manhattan at age 86 during World War II in 1943.[1]

This biography includes references to his amazing abilities of detailed mental visualization as well as the slowly intensifying personal habits, indulgences or eccentricities for which he became nearly as well known. The film portrays Tesla in a battle with Thomas Edison over the clear superiority of Alternating Current over Direct Current. It also depicts Tesla's dream of supplying consumers all around the globe with limitless free energy.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Nikola_Tesla
    English

25. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Dear Trail,

After having some of the info you shared, my laptop was stolen from my house with other minor stuff.Im back to zero.

I do not wish to be or sound paranoid but they did not take external hard disks or the other laptop, only the one where I had similar stuff as your information.

Moz

26. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

I'm sad to hear you lost your laptop.. however.. the stuff I have is not really that big of a deal to warrant a raid to your home to steal your laptop..

Because all I did was gather the info from the interwebs too.. if I have a copy, at least thousands of other people also have copies.. I know the tesla torrent alone was downloaded thousands of times from a public tracker (demonoid)..

I think you can relax.. I think your thief was just a convenience thief who thought grabbing the laptop would bring in a quick buck..

Still sad to hear you lost your laptop bummer dude

~Trail.

27. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member iotaherculis's Avatar
    Thanks

I am just going to drop this off here:
    http://www.google.com/patents/US20070238252

28. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

Someone from France is downloading everything on the server, 1.4 TB of data.. using 2 connections to speed things up I guess..

Seems a little greedy though But I hope he/she enjoys digging through the downloaded materials for the rest of his lifetime LOL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast