+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Group survival, or taking a holiday together.

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Default Group survival, or taking a holiday together.

Sometimes stuck me yesterday. My wife and I are selling the house and moving to somewhere that may be more practical. We want to move anyway. Nobody knows the power of what might come in the near future.

Having a very fertile imagination I see the future (if one survives) as needing small workable communities. It suddenly stuck me that I was going to put all my energy into working with a group of people I have not met yet.

The problem with that is to explain to them what has gone on, a getting them get their ancient skills up to speed, because there will be no calvary coming.

But what is some Avalonians got together?

Plan A. To move home in ones own country, but that takes time.
    Plan B. To take a long sabbatical somewhere in the world that might be suitable, for a year. Somewhere where there are natural resources. If nothing happens, simply return home.

I welcome a plan C.

I haven't thought this thing totally though, or told the wife!
    (I ask you kindly, please do not disrupt this thread with cynical abuse.)

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

blufire (28th June 2011), Carmen (28th June 2011), daddy fishwick (28th June 2011), Daren (28th June 2011), Davy (28th June 2011), ghostrider (28th June 2011), Heart-2-Heart (28th June 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (28th June 2011), ktlight (28th June 2011), Lisab (28th June 2011), Lost Soul (10th July 2011), loveandgratitude (28th June 2011), Marikins (28th June 2011), Miller (28th June 2011), modwiz (28th June 2011), MorgaineFallen (28th June 2011), mosquito (28th June 2011), Nasu (29th June 2011), PixieDust (28th June 2011), Rainbowbrite (28th June 2011), shadowstalker (28th June 2011), Siberia9 (30th June 2011), Spirithorse (28th June 2011), The One (28th June 2011), Watching from Cyprus (28th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 times in 297 posts

Default Re: Group survival, or taking a holiday together.

I am where you are. Would like to move to tropics but can't get family buy-in. So stuck here and will relocate to country which I wanted to do anyway. A while ago I saw a website that wanted you to buy land in a commune and then sign an agreement that this random woman would be your leader, spiritual and otherwise! Maybe that's a Plan C.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marikins For This Post:

Nasu (29th June 2011), Tony (28th June 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Quote Having a very fertile imagination I see the future (if one survives) as needing small workable communities. It suddenly stuck me that I was going to put all my energy into working with a group of people I have not met yet
    Funny you should mention the above i dreamed something very similar. We lived in small communities and you had people in charge and you would meet up for meetings every now and then and everybody had a job to do. There was no money, no weapons, no TVs. It was peaceful actually it was beautiful

WE all had a purpose

6. Link to Post #4
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

The trouble with anyone one in charge, they will probably end up being eaten!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (28th June 2011), ktlight (28th June 2011), Marikins (28th June 2011), Miller (28th June 2011), The One (28th June 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pie'n'eal (here)
    So we become cannibals

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,300 times in 5,193 posts

All involved would be responsible for something. Each has their unique skill which, whenever required, would be consulted on. No bosses.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Carmen (28th June 2011), ceetee9 (28th June 2011), Marikins (28th June 2011), Tony (28th June 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    England Avalon Member Shakespeare's Foot.'s Avatar
    Thanks

As long as Plan C isn't Croydon.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shakespeare's Foot. For This Post:

1159 (28th June 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (28th June 2011), kesom (28th June 2011), Marikins (28th June 2011), Miller (28th June 2011), mosquito (28th June 2011), shijo (28th June 2011), Spirithorse (28th June 2011), Tony (28th June 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 times in 531 posts

Hahaha.....We started off with an awesome vision for a Utopia and 3 posts later we are all Cannibals......i love it

Hurritt

P.s Pie n eal, when you run this idea past the Wife i would hide all the frying pans first. lol
    Last edited by HURRITT ENYETO; 28th June 2011 at 11:24.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

Carmen (28th June 2011), Marikins (28th June 2011), NancyV (29th June 2011), Tony (28th June 2011), ViralSpiral (30th June 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

HaHa H E, might all have to be communities of one, so everyone could be their own boss!!!

Actually, to be serious (Sirius!!) each person has talents and abilities to be shared or taught to others so a natural leadership of specific areas of expertise would just happen.
    Last edited by Carmen; 28th June 2011 at 11:31.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (28th June 2011), ktlight (28th June 2011), MorgaineFallen (28th June 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I suppose you could make one rule...No conspirators.
    But that means none of us can go!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Marikins (28th June 2011), Nasu (29th June 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Oh God, we are a hopeless bloody lot LOL I tell ya, it'll never get off the ground!! Lots of fun planning and talking about it though. I'd have to have a sign on me warning against channelled material!!!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Marikins (28th June 2011), Tyler (1st July 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Quote Posted by The One (here)
    Quote Having a very fertile imagination I see the future (if one survives) as needing small workable communities. It suddenly stuck me that I was going to put all my energy into working with a group of people I have not met yet
    Funny you should mention the above i dreamed something very similar. We lived in small communities and you had people in charge and you would meet up for meetings every now and then and everybody had a job to do. There was no money, no weapons, no TVs. It was peaceful actually it was beautiful

WE all had a purpose
    A bit off topic but ... in a society that people are living with the rest of their society and not against them like now. Each will have their occupation (not slave work). We all have likes and dislikes but we select jobs that make us money not make us happy. Alex Collier said that in Andromedian society all kids are tough everything and everyone has what he needs to have a very good life. When the kids graduate and select their occupation area then they provide freely (as they got till then) their expertise to their society. Thus a never ending circle of giving love to the new generation.

Personally i would be too ashamed to even think about ****ing the previous generation and my only goal would be to be better at what i love to do. Ofc you will say this is utopia but its not. Its how we see ourselves in a society and how we teach our kids to live in this society that will create "that utopia".

Something last... i am sure some will say you cant produce like this enough materials cause not many will for example make shoes for all the rest. Well 2 things ... 1st This is why we have machines to do the labor for us and not to remove us cause its cheaper for the owners... 2nd When you make a shoe you make it out of the best materials and make it last for as long as possible, not like now cheapest materials and fastest to break. With the 2 above you can reduce consumption and ofc materials / work needed, i believe by 70% +.

There are people out there that have made plans about these kinds of societies... they are just not "profitable" for our masters.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Etherios For This Post:

Carmen (28th June 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), Taurean (28th June 2011), The One (28th June 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

Max Igan has recently been pursuing the theme of getting to know the people and neighbours around you better, and the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

I've always been amazed how quickly people resort to looting and taking advantage of a break down in law and order, ( control system ), and I don't think it would be long before anybody will accept pieces of paper in exchange for goods etc. so sets the scenario for the strongest to survive. How long will the police or military remain at their posts without any reward for their allegiance. They too have families to feed and look after. Soon there would be marauding gangs stealing your stash or exacting tithes ( taxes ) for protection. ( sounds familiar ). Therefore strangers (spy's ) are going to be regarded with a great deal of suspicion.

An awful lot of luxuries are going to be gone from our present paradigm which will also create a great deal of unrest. ( travelling will not be easy, and energy supply is likely to be intermittent ). and there's also the " grass will always be greener " scenario.

So it makes sense to me, for now, to figure out how you are going to mobilize and mould the people around you to function as a self contained unit.

Investment in a good Ham Radio rig seems like a good first measure.

Nietzsche " I am a law only for my kind, I am no law for all. " - Thus Spoke Zarathustra
    Sapere aude

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), Nasu (29th June 2011), Tyler (1st July 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Community cottage industries and crafts will be a reality when things go down. We all have abilities that we can contribute in some way. I have recently taken up spinning and weaving. Its rather fun making things from scratch. We have kind of made an inventory of skills in our country area and its quite empowering. Community gardens are very popular now and different ways to store food without depending on electricity. Drying is really good. Music, dance, wine and fun locally is also necessary.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), Taurean (28th June 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think it could work, we owe it to others.
    While we are here we social creatures.
    Agreed nothing is perfect.
    Good motivation is everything.
    The wife's not keen.
    Maybe we have no choice.
    Like attracts like.
    If some knocks my hut down, I shall just build another one.
    You make your own world.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), ktlight (28th June 2011), Nasu (29th June 2011), Tyler (1st July 2011), ViralSpiral (30th June 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member Someoneson1's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao nice post ... I have had the same concerns and have even tried to move up north but my inner peace was shaken. At which point I realized that I do not need to be concerned if I trust I will be led. And it seems I have an internal gauge that let's me know if I am in the right place.

The other concept is that I am not this body and as I give it fearlessly the the inner guide it will be used in the place it's needed most. My dream is a farm with a small community of like minded ppl. The only way there presently is patience.
    I came, I saw, I laughed, I left.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Someoneson1 For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), ktlight (28th June 2011), Taurean (28th June 2011), Tony (28th June 2011), Tyler (1st July 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 times in 666 posts

I suppose you could make one rule...No conspirators.
    But that means none of us can go!
    Conspiracy evangelist only, - no theorists
    Sapere aude

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), Nasu (29th June 2011)

33. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote There are people out there that have made plans about these kinds of societies... they are just not "profitable" for our masters.
    Exactly my friend. The clothes we wear now are made for us machine made. Imagine today wearing clothes that we have to make for ourselves. Now that would be funny. But then again everything as moved on for the money makers

34. Link to Post #19
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Quote Posted by The One (here)
    Quote There are people out there that have made plans about these kinds of societies... they are just not "profitable" for our masters.
    Exactly my friend. The clothes we wear now are made for us machine made. Imagine today wearing clothes that we have to make for ourselves. Now that would be funny. But then again everything as moved on for the money makers
    I saw a youtube the last few days cant remember which one... i am sure many have said this but its not about money. I mean they make money out of thin air. Its to take what we have so they can control us. They want what they didnt have till now days ... the power over us, to control and really own us. Most will continue to say its about money ... lol

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Etherios For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), Tony (28th June 2011)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 times in 254 posts

Hi Pie'n'eal,

Blufire made this offer in another thread. If I felt the urge to move I would definately consider her offer. Hopefully more people will follow their animal instincts for survival.

Please Everyone at least watch yiolas first video in post #461. Tears came to my eyes when I saw she has moved to the Appalachians.

I too am moving back to western Appalachian Mountains. . . . I will be there the end of this week.

For years now I have had an immense calling to go back home to the mountains and prepare , , , ,not only PHYSICALLY but SPIRITUALLY. My guides, angels, soul have not let me rest. Only until I made up my mind to move back home have I felt more at peace but still a constant urging to “get it done”. I am not afraid or fearful. This is what I am supposed to do.

I have made this offer on other threads and I’m making again on this one. Please pm me if you are remotely interested in gathering in the area I am moving. I will not disclose exactly where I am moving until I know you are serious and that our families or individuals can work together.

I am in no way saying you need to move now and uproot your families. I am offering a safe place to come to either after “something” happens or if you wish or feel the calling now. But you need to know of a place to come to.

If those of us don’t gather together or at least know where groups are how can we unite and grow together. If there are not strong communities that are together we will not be able to usher in a “new world” or dimension.

“They” want us to stay divided and separate and manipulated.

I am not selling anything. I am not saying you can’t come unless you have thousands of dollars. I am truly offering what I think is one of the safest places in the US. Even if “nothing” happens this is where I want to be. A meaningful life out of the rat race and insanity. A place to be self reliant and sustainable. A place to mix old ways with new technology.

Just pm me. I will try to communicate as much as I can, but obviously I will be incredibly busy and internet is more than a bit spotty where I am moving.
    Life is what it is. How you perceive it creates your reality.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carolin For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (29th June 2011), ktlight (28th June 2011), Marikins (28th June 2011), Tony (28th June 2011), Tyler (1st July 2011), ViralSpiral (30th June 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast