+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: How do we prepare our children for the 'changes' , help them become 'awake and aware?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default How do we prepare our children for the 'changes' , help them become 'awake and aware?

~As a 'lone' parent I sometimes struggle with getting the balance right on how much info/knowledge I introduce to my child about the potential 'changes' to life as we know it....
    Obviously, i dont wish to scare her...and am VERY cautious when bringing up/responding to issues related to our forum here....

#Although she is a bright sensitive child who has a total belief in multiple dimensions, aliens, reincarnation, 'spiritworld' (our name for the afterlife plane)
    she is at present still quite emersed in her innocence to the projection of the 'matrix' reality most of us are living in....

so I contantly swing with the notion of how much do I tell her?? do I just ''let her be, and enjoy whats left of 'normality'' as she knows it?? ....and/or.... prepare her mentally and spiritually as much as I can??

#Most of her friends are from families who are 'sleeping' and 'blind to our reality' ...if I let her know too much, she is likely to discuss with friends and then risk being rejected / excluded as a 'weird kid' by those families ...

She is aware that 'mum is busy with research regarding changes in our planet' and I have prepared her for the possiblilty of having to get rid of most our possessions at some point and for us to be going on a 'travelling adventure'together, and she seemed to be cool with that idea!
    We also talked about the possibility of 'time travel' becoming a reality for us all in her lifetime....and she jumped into my arms with joy and tears in her eyes !! ( is this a sign she is ready?)

So, i guess its a case of mental/spiritual preperation -Vs- ignorance and innocence.... ???

As a parent to a child I adore and love, I obviously want to do the 'right thing'
    I am aware that the 'timelines' are ever changeable and what could potentially happen might not materialise....so how much preperation does a parent give their child at this time of confusion and unpredictability???

I would appreciate other parents views and some insight to how they are choosing to deal with this... beacuse I am REALLY CONFUSED!

many thanks!
    live laugh love learn

firehorse Kate

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Red face Re: How do we prepare our children for the 'changes' , help them become 'awake and aw

As a full time parent of 5 children ages 1 through 15 I just say don't rush it , gather your thoughts remember our children will change the future of this world as we know it. With that in mind help them to grow and have fun, give them lots of hugs , kisses and you'll see that they will begin to see things through your eyes and heart just by your deeds.Help them to tap into the reservoir of unlimited potential.
    My mother was a working mom that could not take care of me, mainly she just pray for me to be wise and be protected. As a young man I could hear my mother's prayers even if she was thousands of miles away. Her heart drew me back to her bosom. I never imagine myself living in Puerto Rico because I did not speak Spanish yet for the last 17 years of my life I have made this beautiful island my home, home as they say is where your heart is and mines is right next to my mom.

3. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: How do we prepare our children for the 'changes' , help them become 'awake and aw

I have twin sons of 19 studying at University and for the past few years I have drip-fed them information as and when I thought they were ready for it. Some of the information is hard even for us adults to accept so as they were growing I would suggest the possibilities of alternative views as something to be aware of and to consider alongside accepted ideas. I was pleasantly surprised how open to 'alternative' ideas they were and I think you might find the same. Things seem to be a bit easier now with UFO stories in our press regularly and many films depicting a vast range of the weird and wonderful from alien contact to 2012. You can argue that they are equally misleading but if they promote a healthy interest then the job is half done.

4. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: How do we prepare our children for the 'changes' , help them become 'awake and aw

yeah this is tricky as you don't want to harm your child in any way, and it is a double edge sword because it can seem that you can harm them by "telling them" or "not telling them" controversial info that could bleed into other peoples lives other than your families via friendships and family.

my advice is if they are very young...just use the "wouldn't it be neato if we could do this or that - or if this were real" just to keep their minds open to the possibilities without making claims they can pass on to others - in other words if it may backfire on you or them, then keep it only in the realm of possibilities - always leave yourself an out that you can use in case someone outside is alerted and alarmed by anything they say you told them. For instance....Johnny's mom calls you and says your child is saying we will be able to read minds some day. You reply ... oh we were just watching that show "Heroes" on TV and I made a comment he took a real shine too i guess...I will talk to my child and straighten things out, thanks for your concern and being a good neighbor.

if they are already immersed in the matrix and have to deal with the world in general through school etc then I would treat this stuff like I do religion. Make no claims as to what the truth and consequences are (do we really know for sure yet anyway?) but keep them informed enough to make their own decisions. Maybe even let them research stuff on their own if they are interested. if they are not interested...then no power on earth that I know of will make any difference here. if you make wild claims that they find bizarre and controversial, you may find yourself losing their respect as an authority figure through influences which are also authority figures outside the home. The older they are the bigger the can of worms you could unleash becomes IMHO.

I think there is no clear answer here to be honest as every home and family is different with different interpersonal relationships, occupational dynamics and therefore everything is really on a case by case basis here.

my two cents

5. Link to Post #5
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Yes a very hard question...but an important one.

the best rule of thumb imo is "answer what they ask"

Honesty and openness has worked very well with my children as they are all awake and aware, though they are older now (18-19-21) this process started about 5 years ago.

Their generations seems very aware of what this world offers as "truth". Their are few inhibitions left and it seems this allows them to keep a sane perspective while living with the awareness of big brother in their lives.

Makes me very hopeful for the future

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

thanks for the replies so far peeps!!

thanks for feedback!
    yes, I am very cautious and careful in communiction... but at the same time try and be open and forward thinking with subjects I introduce to her...
    My daughter is now 13- she knows/senses we are a bit 'different' from other families..because of things she has asked me... she is an 'out there' kinda kid...in her imagination and ideas...so she readily takes on board certain concepts her peers might not have thought about....but she is also a regular child emersed in the material trappings..goes to regular school ( against my better judgement-am seriously close to taking her out and home-schooling)
    her daily life revolves around activities/ friends/music/tv/films on top of the stuff we do together....so as my awareness grows in the reality of our existence...I become more aware of my responsibility to teach my child..however, i dont want her becoming 'screwed up'. I am sure u know what i mean!! lol...

I have been open about ET reality as well as other inter-dimensional creatures, and introduced these concepts when she was about 7 while reading 'fantasy' stories ( dragons, fairies etc) She is a very imaginative soul with an open mind- and fully accepts it is reasonable that ET is around on other planets if we exist on this planet/plane ... now my daughter is older, I am finding it tricky to keep that balance- especially with the myriad of info coming our way with some of the possible timelines...I want her to be mentally prepared for when disclosure time comes.. so at least she has a head start and can keep grounded.... but, on the other hand I want her to still have the dreams that life will continue as she know it- i dont want her to be worried or scared for the future- and that contradicts how I am feeling right now- sometimes i want to just cry hard with all the strangleholds NWO is planning on the population....what really will be our kids future??

When she asks questions I try and give her part truth- but partly I keep my mouth shut so i dont neg her out too much or have her worry... I want her to experience being a Normal Teen- even if she hasnt got the 'average mother'lol... I cant see most her friends parents sitting down and discussing with their kids the choices available to make when ET shows their face!!

The other week, she was off school feeling a bit poorly- so I sat with her snuggled up with the pc and said i didnt want her to miss out on education just because she was offschool..so I introduced her to the 'ring of power' documentary... she found it relatively interesting- but didnt have the patience or attention span to watch it in full... but we had a good discussion and she asked somegood important questions..
    Ijust want her to be an awake and aware human- but have the balance of 'normal'regular life- I was delighted last year when i overheard her advising her friends on the dangers of aspartame... and then this year she txt me from school saying they were having lunch outside and she was really upset that the chemtrails above her were poisening her and her friends while they ate... I really didnt know how to respond- I was glad she took notice and cares whats going on- but sad she now has this burden... I am the one who has introduced her to these things... some people may say it was too early?? I dunno... its done now!!
    I know none of us have the answers and there is not any one 'right' way to deal with these issues... but hearing how other people walk the two worlds is always helpful!!

all the best
    kate

7. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

I have two young boys, 4 and 2 years old. I began to introduce to them the reality of their consciousness. I tell them that when they are happy, everyone around becomes happy. Happyness is contagious. Of course it has to be simple and at their own level of consciousness. But it surprises me how smart they are to catch the deep truth behind it. My oldest once told me; 'Dad, it is also true when we are angry.'

Like Frank said, I try to keep it simple and at their own pace. Ultimatly, they learn much more by our own behavior, so we as parents have to double the effort to stay sharp and focused on positivity, rather then fall into negativity. I will tell them the 'bad news' later, for now, I want them to taste the power of consciousness. My oldest caught the message and draws everywhere what gift he wants for his birthday...

Namaste, Steven

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

thanks Steven.... thats very wise advise!! your children are blessed to have you
    namaste

9. Link to Post #9
    Deactivated
    Thanks

I have a 13 year old daughter who finds all this normal as I’ve been making her aware of things since she was old enough to talk. I only did this as it was normal to me as a child. In that sense I do count myself lucky. I sometimes feel that she thinks I’m crazy but she says she doesn’t! Hhmmm. She has a large group of friends and somehow has managed to keep the two worlds separate. I think we need to give kids more credit cos I do believe the majority do understand. All I can continue to do is to be truthful about everything and keep reminding her that fear has no place in what’s about to maybe happen. She seems cool with that and carries on enjoying her life. She’s a great kid in that respect but as a teenager – well the less said about that the better!
    Last edited by Gita; 17th March 2010 at 15:18.

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

LOL Gita... sounds like you have the right balance there!!!... I am probably 'over concerning' myself with these worries... as you say- kids are more resourceful than we give them credit... and like your child- mine appears to take it all on board and assures me the subject matter doesnt bother her...

As for the teenage grumps ..well yeah less said the better!!

I lie your attitude!!
    all the best,
    kate

11. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Okay, Im going to say my point of view as a 19 years old. My mother always told me what she knew or things that she learned. I was then very ''aware'' at a young age and it was the same thing for my brother (16 years old) and my sister now (21). Yes, it can change your life from a ''normal'' teenager's life. I find it sometime hard to not have many friends with whom I could talk to about those kind of things. I wasnt interested in the same activities. Yes, sometimes I can say that I was sad. Friends are important when you are a teenager. However, when I had friends, it wasn't people who just wanted to be drunk or to take drugs etc. They were friends that I could still talk with them about some ''things''. Not everything of course cause I would be taken for a ''crazy'' person loL. To be awaken like that bring on me a period of ''stress''. However, I don't see those as negatives. To have go through all that, i became stronger in a sense. One thing for sure, I would never go back and change it. Even if someone was going to tell me that it would be more difficult or whatever, I wouldn't change a thing. I would still choose to know everything. Personnaly, I think this is the best thing that happened in my life. My brother and my sister are also aware and are doing very fine, just like myself. I would not have like if my mother had not told me everything she knew. But I cannot say anything for your daughter because it is different from one family to another. One thing for sure, i still want to learn everything! What I think its that we make our own choices. Even if you tell your daugther everything you know, she still can choose between believing it or not. I know that its complicated. But i wanted to share my experience. I am happy about what I became and when Im going to be a mother, I think I will say everything to my children. That would be my choice.

12. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

yeah, it is hard to find the line between the kooky ideas and normal behaviors.

I always posed new information as ‘what if’ possibilities/ how do you feel about/ what can you do to fix ...

you are doing great... just follow your heart and guidance, be there for them to bounce ideas off of you when they need/want to, and let them know its ok for them to believe differently than you

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Hi Kilkine and Busymom!

your feedback is appreciated...

Its great to hear the perspective of a younger person brought up with some of these issue with an open minded mother...Kilkine- you sound pretty balanced person to me- and yes, I agree with the point that no matter what we teach our children they can 'choose' to see things differently... and that is good and healthy!
    so far- my daughter takes on board the things i say to her and 'logs it' for a later date- often she will ask questions long after ii have forgotton we had a conversation!!!

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Hey firehorse, thanks, this is very constructive and one of those "deep thinking" threads.

I don't have children, so I'll only speak based on my own upbringing and how I arrived at the "awakened" stage myself.
    IMHO, and I don't mean this is any negative way, but aside from encouraging your children to Read rather than watch TV (that is a Must), perhaps you shouldn't share all your personal beliefs till at least your child is older and can come to their own conclusions about things, kids are easiest influenced by their parents, what they're parents say, what they're parents believe in, what they do. Whose to say that if your child doesn't end up believing 'your truth' that they don't end up finding another truth of their own, through their own life experiences, that has just the same merit and fulfillment as yours.

True, the parent needs to guide the child for what they see best for them, but remember especially when they're at that age, anything you have them believe now will change the course of their life indefinitely and subsequently they form their own personalities in that way.

It was very thoughtful when you suggested that maybe after telling your child of all these 'truths', that they may be socially ridiculed and not accepted later because of it. Thats a very critical point and I applaud you for including it.

What I'll say and my sincerest advice is to let children (especially the older they get) learn most things on their own, even if its mistakes that they have to make, your only job is to safeguard them from extreme harm and teach them morality, discipline, respect, love, and dedication to the betterment of themselves, and always encourage them to read.

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Hey firehorse, thanks, this is very constructive and one of those "deep thinking" threads.
    Excellent post firehorse! We have so many books in our house - all of the major (and some minor) religious texts. Books on ET, UFO, Bigfoot, Mysterious places of the World, Seven Wonders, Ghosts, Lake MOnsters, etc. Our kids just naturally became curious by reading or looking at the pictures. It seemed to keep them open minded to many different options. We also watched alot of documenteries on these different topics.
    I am not sure that there is a right or wrong way - but awareness does not need to equal fear for any of us

5th
    "In spite of everything I still believe that people are good" Anne Frank

16. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Red face Re: How do we prepare our children for the 'changes' , help them become 'awake and aw

I will like to add that as a parent I share incredible deep conversations with my 15 year old son, he's an old soul. My other children like Steven I work at their level, since my youngest are 1 and 3 yrs. old, at this stage what they want to know is if they are love. As a child my mother could not raise me, I attended private boarding schools and only saw her on holidays, I was a bit of a loner.
    Because of this I am now determine to dedicate my life to my children, everyday I put my best face forward come what may. Just be patient make sure you recharge your batteries to give them plenty of love and support , learn to begin to trust them and you will be pleasantly surprise by their level of maturity. Visualize the things you want them to learn, for me the most important thing is to develop their emotional strength so they can deal with whatever comes their way. In this way my children have become my teachers. By trying to over protect them you inhibit their potential to grow and develop naturally.Is like when they first begin to take their first steps you are scare to death that they might hurt themselves soon enough they are running all over the place and you learn to relax. Trust them , pray and meditate for their protection soon enough they will feel your warm embrace guiding them in times of need.

17. Link to Post #17
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

actually Heretic has the answer in the avatar...

The kids are all laughing that we are all finally waking up...

18. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

When I was growing up neither of my parents had any interest in these things...like many they were too busy trying to put food on the table I guess. I used to be drawn to the unusual and while friends were reading the latest trendy novels I would be reading Eric Von Dannikens books and trying to make sense of the 'unexplained'.

I would like to think that I have set my children up to seek alternative answers and who knows...maybe I have set off a chain of events which leads my children and their children to greater and greater levels of understanding.

19. Link to Post #19
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks

My son is only 10 i have been telling him what is going on and how he / we have been manipulated to believe we need government to assist us and hold or hand to be able to live . in fact we don`t need them at all. I have told him to question his teachers and climate change do not accept the story make them prove it and not take the Official Government story as fact . When all the facts prove it to be the exact opposite. He has done it and when it does happen they refuse to deal with him saying they will address it later i have told him to make her discuss it and not ignore you but as of yet it has not happened

20. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    actually Heretic has the answer in the avatar...

The kids are all laughing that we are all finally waking up...
    that is sooo true...my second son (now 22) was always refusing to go to church and got me to re-thinking my stance on beliefs, etc.- within the last 2 years!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast