+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Road I Walk and the Message I Carry!

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: The Road I Walk and the Message I Carry!

People Whispering (continued 2)

(written August 7th)

When it comes to support, I have found that there are a few basic categories that are very important. We need love and affection. We need touch. We need moral support. We need protection, sometimes from others, and sometimes from our own destructive thinking. And we need money and resources.
    These are the things we must give each other in order to restore each individual to their full strength.

If we aren't talking about these things, then we're not really building community, or building an infrastructure for creative action. It saddens me to see the expectations placed upon people who want to do good so often seem to be to live in poverty and destitute. How can anything of significance be accomplished if we don't resource people who do good? This, in my opinion, also needs to change.

My vision is to get people doing something that feels meaningful and relevant to them, and to find ways to supply them with the money and resources they need to carry on their tasks without strain.I just watched an interview of an X CIA officer, and in it he explained how money was not an issue for him on his missions. He always had what he needed. If it was $250,000, he had it. My point is that I believe it is time that we, the alternative community, embrace the importance of the material, and not shy away from it out of fear of becoming what we think we are fighting. I see no gain in that.

Money is our vote. Where we spend our money, determines what grows in the world. It should be the weapons dealers who have to work on a non-profit status, writing grants, forced to produce metrics proving their efficacy. They should be the ones who are forced to be professional volunteers, who have to work two side jobs to scratch together enough money to pursue their passions, never quite having enough time or energy to do much else but work because the hours are so demanding and soulless, that they are totally drained, spending their little free time just recovering from their despicably mind numbing jobs.
    Just doing a quick search, Wikipedia listed the total program cost for a single B-2 Bomber to be at $2.87 billion today. Whether this figure is exactly accurate or not isn't important for my argument. Even if it only cost $1 billion, what could we do with that kind of money? How many good things could be done in the world with that kind of funding?

So, you see, there is no slump in the economy really. The economy is just fine. Rather, there is less and less money for love and loving actions, and more and more money for coercion, murder, and colonization. That's how I see it.

These are complex issues that deserve their own posts. My point here, now, is that we have to dig into the ugly and controversial stuff if we want to move forward. We have to know each others life situations. What are we struggling with? What strengths do we have? How can we move resources around to get projects up and running? How can we utilize our abundance to enable the abundance of others? What preliminary work needs to be done to build the kind of trust between people to allow for this kind of sharing to occur safely? How do we deal with divisive elements that might seek to pit people against each other? How do we make allowances for risks and mistakes? How do we discern between malicious intent, and honest mistake?
    This is the level of work I'm interested in. I am only skimming the surface. There are, no doubt, many components that need to be zeroed in on and fleshed out to make what I am talking about more clear. I intend to do this as time goes on, moving from the general and abstract, further and further into the local and specific...
    If our night wasn't constantly lit up by bright lights, we would be able to see the stars.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

Spirithorse (14th February 2012), transitionalman (23rd February 2012)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

People Whispering (continued 3)

(written August 7th)

For now I want to make this point. Our problems are systemic. The system itself is creating the grooves that are leading us down the paths we don't want. To change what we want to see, we have to change the system. Buy changing the system, I am getting as specific as the matrix that operates our social psychology and way of organizing. I'm not saying anything new or profound here.
    People have been severely traumatized through a cocktail of economic stress and hardship, lack of culture or self expression, and most of all, in my opinion, relationships that lack understanding, effective communication, affection, care, emotional expression, or structure, and at their worst, perpetuate a culture of violence, brutality, and colonization.

The likelihood of people who are traumatized, which is all of us really, to be able to get out of that trauma alone, is slim to none. Giving spiritual advice, or telling people to get it together, in my opinion, is very much the wrong way to go. Not that there aren't times when that is necessary. However, placing responsibility on the individual for change comes with a very heavy price.
    It negates that we are social animals, and designed to influence and regulate each other. It negates that we are communal. The evidence as far as I'm concerned is what I see all around me.

To give an example, Cesar Milan, who has been extremely effective with dogs has been able to rehabilitate many problematic dogs. In many cases the dogs he worked with on his show were facing euthanization. Because someone cared for these dogs, and Cesar made his time and energy available, these dogs changed and became manageable, confident dogs. Some were even adopted into his pack, and ended up helping other dogs rehabilitate, simply by being in a healthy social environment. Cesar showed that an animal is not its behavior, but that behavior reveals the efficacy of social management. Many of these dogs would have been dead without intervention, because they weren't going to change on their own. They couldn't because the odds were against them. It is very unlikely that an animal can surpass its own trauma without help. If it could, it would.

Cesar has said that when working with an animal, you have to put the clock away. You stay with it as long as it needs, until the job is done. The real medicine is trust, relationship, and community. In my experience, people are no different.

Somehow we have been convinced that we are individuals, locked in a vacuum of isolation where we have no effect on others, and others have no effect on us. Where we are completely responsible for everything that happens to us. To me, that indicates a survival strategy in a world that is non communicative. But that's not actually how the real world is. Everything is constantly sending and receiving signals with everything else.

On a daily basis, I see incredibly gifted and talented people shutting down and growing more and more depressed, anxious, and isolated, while the days go by and they waste away not doing one fractional decimal of what they are capable of. In our current self help model, I see these trends only increasing. Further isolation, further despair, further anxiety and depression, and less action. People can not get out of their holes by themselves. The likelihood is slim to none. First, our social system is designed to trap and lock us down. Two, psychologically and socially, it is virtually impossible to overcome fear and trauma alone, and since everyone has been traumatized one way or another, we all need help.

What I am proposing and doing, is outreach oriented. Like Cesar intervening in the lives of dogs, and using his expertise and resources to walk traumatized animals through their fears, and providing the most conducive conditions for rehabilitation, applying his will and wisdom to stay with the animal until they come out on the other end, relaxed and strong again, I believe firmly that we must do the exact same thing for human beings. This is what I have done for years, and it works amazingly well.
    If our night wasn't constantly lit up by bright lights, we would be able to see the stars.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Armen For This Post:

Spirithorse (14th February 2012)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

People Whispering (final)

(written August 7th)

What I am interested in is intervening in peoples lives, where it is appropriate, and applying wisdom, energy, resources, and team work to walk people out of their suffocating conditions. If we are not willing to do this for each other, we aren't really a community, and we aren't really exercising our connectedness. That is my stand.

I often hear that you have to make the world respect and value you. Even as it pertains to the law, the expectation is for you to know it. If someone swindles you, it's your fault for letting them by not knowing the law.

This is an outdated world view as far as I'm concerned. It portrays a world that is callous and devoid of love. It perpetuates survival strategies that foster dishonesty and manipulation; a perfect nesting ground for sociopathic behavior.

I hold a different world view. A view in which the world is willing to reach out to the individual, and pull that individual out of hardship. Willing to intervene and provide the most conducive environment for that individual to fulfill their potential, even if that individual is not in a place to ask for it. Willing to go the distance and persevere with that individual, until they find themselves and their own confidence. Until they can relax and trust in the social body. Until the job is done.

I do not believe in forcing myself on people. However, I do know from experience that there are many instances when a person is saying "no, leave me alone", because what they are wanting to hear is that you will not leave them, no matter what. There is a way to tell the difference. I do not believe in colonization. I believe in building trust.

That is the work I do, and will continue to do, no matter what. It is a departure from the way we structure service. It blasts away the distinction between professional and citizen, and propels me into the realm of human, acting as a member of a global village, playing my part, and being supported in return for the contributions I make.

It is a way of taking our stratified, compartmentalized view of social organization, and consolidating it into one amorphous blob of community, where people help each other by following their passions, and ensuring that everyone has what they need to continue to contribute and participate. It eliminates the distinction between work, survival, pleasure, and friendship, for it all becomes expressed through what it is we do in the world. It all becomes the same thing, and in the end all we are, are human beings living together, because what we do flows out of who we are.

There are many challenges that come with working in this new way, inside of this old world. There are many risks, burn out being the biggest one. It can be very difficult to get people to replenish me, not because they don't want to, but because they don't know how to operate within this new structure. But I believe persisting, inspiring, and educating is the way to go. I know that it works beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I feel it is important to implement these new ways of acting in order to walk out of the holes that we have been placed in.

For this reason, I am interested in people who want to come together in supporting our mission work, and get free from the clutches of the old world, with its old clutches. I am interested in people who want to build something new. Everyone has a value and something important to contribute. If you feel that I can help you in some way, find me on chat and talk with me. Or send me a PM. I want that.

Community really is the answer, and the medicine.

Thank you for hearing me...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

Spirithorse (14th February 2012), WhiteFeather (1st February 2012)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

It's August 27th, 10:30 pm...

I'm preparing to leave Seattle, where I have worked and struggled for nearly 2 years. By Wednesday I will be at my next destination. Building new worlds is no joke. It requires tremendous resolve and endurance. For those who have read my previous posts, I think I have made it abundantly clear that I am passionate about catalyzing action. Currently I am maintaining visionary conversations with people all around the world, with the focus and goal of building a network of communities that can house and support people who want an alternative to what we currently have.

I am reaching the tipping point, and instead of talking to people individually, and repeating myself a lot, I now need to consolidate my energy and time, as I have many projects on the burner simultaneously. One of the issues I've encountered is interfacing my Avalon community with my Non-Avalon community. For this reason, I have decided to concentrate the bulk of what I have to share with folks on my blog, http://learninglove.org/. It will serve as my central hub from which I can disseminate information, as well as provide active support. So I will use this thread as a portal into my bigger virtual mothership (it's not that big yet). I will include accounts of my story, as well as how to's and posts on a variety of topics I find pertinent in the process of making social change.

I have had my time wasted so many times by people who did not care to see life as meaningful, and themselves as having the capacity to shape reality. It has been extremely stifling for me to be surrounded by people who pressured me to be cynical, hopeless, and devoid of vision or meaning. I have survived this social onslaught of intellectual, emotional, and spiritual cannibalism, and now I stand poised and ready like never before to give my talents, wisdom, and support to groups and individuals who want to take action in some way to take ownership in the creation of a new world, not a new world order. Many people I meet feel unsure of what they can do, even though the desire is there. For those who can relate to this feeling I say, "All you need is the desire to act". I am extremely proficient at helping people figure out how they can work with what they have and begin the process straight away. To this end, I am looking for rogues, outcasts, people who have been lying dormant, waiting for someone to show them a door out. I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I do know how to unlock many doors, if there is a willingness to be unconventional.

In any case, the time is now for us to come together in solidarity and act. To this end I am working tirelessly. Doing the work is a lot easier for me than describing it, but I will continue to try and elucidate, as well as tell my story. My project is huge in its scope, and I cannot do it alone. Therefore, I am working to assemble a team of people who feel inspired to help and interact with me. For more on that, follow my blog, or message me privately.

Some issues that I am very specifically dealing with:

People Whispering: This is a way of learning how to be in tune with and see people better, resulting in more harmonious relationships.

Conflicts between Men and Women: There is a lot of confusion between these two groups, and I am very interested in addressing those issues.

Getting Visionaries started on their work: Supporting people who want to act to get started on their life's mission.

Living a Creative Life: Countering the corporate death culture by pursuing what I love, and creating with others.

We can only succeed if we help each other. If any of this resonates with you, please continue to follow my story as it unfolds. I'm trying to be as consistent as possible with my posting, and find the biggest challenge to be that I have so much to say, I do not know where to begin. So please be patient. I'm getting there.

We are magical beings with the power to create. The world we were given, the world of the domesticated animal, is not the world we actually live in. It is a synthetic imposition of our wild and natural heritage. The domesticated animal lives in a bubble of comfort where everything is taken care of, and there is no responsibility. Everything is provided for. As a result, the domesticated animal is lame, dull, manic, frustrated, insecure, and unaware when compared to its wild counterparts. To be wild doesn't mean to be savage. It means to have direct relationships with life. To walk the razor's edge of cause and effect. To put meaning into every act and motion. To own the fruits of ones labors. The wild is calling us to stop our own enslavement through the colonization of our hearts and minds. What that means to me, is to act from a place of inspiration and integrity, where currencies aren't embodied by fiat money, but by solid relationships. That is truly the most solid investment we can make, in my opinion.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

christian (3rd September 2011), Morgaine (28th August 2011), Spirithorse (11th November 2011), WhiteFeather (1st February 2012)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

I haven't been very active posting in the last six months, but that's not because I haven't been active. Actually, it's because I have been extremely active in the "real" world, that I haven't had much time to socialize in the "digital" world.

For a quick summary, while some are working to expose the truth behind the curtain of power, others are working to restore and uphold the sovereignty of humans. Others still are tending to recovering our environment, while the indigenous people of the world are working to reclaim their rightful place at the podium; some are focused on exposing and understanding the nature of extra terrestrial contact, and the list goes on.

My particular contribution to society, is my passion for social work. By social work, I don't mean that I am an accredited social worker, but that I concern myself with matters of the social sector. I mentor people, help families regain cohesion, and build community. Everything related to relationships and relating, is of interest to me. Much like a gardener concerns themselves with the actual growing of plants, I concern myself with the actual growing of strong, creative, and dynamic individuals that can comprise a strong family unit based on the principle of love, and beyond that, families that make strong communities, and communities that build strong societies.

The reason I am giving a little background to my area of work, is because it is precisely in the social sector that I am working tirelessly to make profound changes. It is work that requires me to wear several different hats. Much of my work involves providing insights as to how we can operate from where we are now, which is a place where often people feel stuck and helpless, to where we want to be. I operate within a new system, and as it is with two systems that are incompatible, it takes some kind of bridging mechanism to get them to interface. The work I do, and my outlook, though not really new, does appear to be new from the perspective of those who live within our current system. This creates a lot of interface problems. As I continue to do my work in the world, it has been most difficult to show people that I am doing anything at all. For all they know, I am doing nothing at all. Yet, I continue to have impact, often more profound than my "professional counterparts".

I have observed that I'm not alone in this position of doing important and valuable work, without any means of supporting myself. It is a clear trend for those who work outside of our current system. It is clear to me that this needs to change. Our collective attitudes towards those who do "good" needs to change. What I am attempting to work out in these two videos below, are the specific disconnection points that keep people who are working as catalyzers of consciousness from garnering the necessary support they need to truly do what they are capable of. It would be great if you listened to what I have to say and gave me some feedback on whether or not I am making sense.

As many of you can relate to, I'm sure, it is excruciatingly difficult to explain and articulate why and how people on the fringe are important to the whole, why and how we are crippled by society, and what can be done to change it. I don't claim to know how to say it right, nor do I claim to have it all polished and finished. Rather, these videos represent my attempt to just get it outside of me and share it with others who might be able to relate.

I believe the topic of the social catalyst is an important one, as we can generate a lot more progress once, as a society, we can acknowledge this as real, and important, work.

Last edited by Armen; 1st February 2012 at 03:56.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

christian (10th February 2012), modwiz (1st February 2012), Spirithorse (14th February 2012), WhiteFeather (1st February 2012)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Armen, i always loved your posts, glad to see you back again on the project. ~WF~
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Armen (1st February 2012), modwiz (1st February 2012), seko (23rd February 2012)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you for all that you are doing. Many are benefitting and your heart comes through loud and clear. I think you are right that the stories need to be told and that will create the connections, let the tears be shed and the healing will happen. When we can love ourselves unconditionally then we are all powerful and not vulnerable to any kind of exploitation because we are self aware, nothing can stop us.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lelmaleh For This Post:

Armen (1st February 2012)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

I am sitting in a room with pale yellow walls and warm lights. Outside, the rains of Vancouver Island are beating down on the building like fingertips drumming an incomprehensible beat. At night, when I wake up to pee outside, I am often startled by deer, who are startled by me, and always, I make sure to face the family of giant, erect, majestic coniphers; mere youth in tree years. I was devastated to learn that the island once hosted massive old growth forest. They were so big, it took weeks sometimes to cut down and process just one. There are stories from old, old timers, that it was like walking in a cathedral.
    In comparison, the trees I face in my nightly calls to nature are mere babies, but to me they are still awe inspiring.

The rain beating on the roof gives me a certain sense of comfort. I feel like a baby in the cradle. And what perfect accompaniment for what I am feeling on this grey and wet day. What I have to say is not sensational. I don't sport special abilities, and truthfully, I have to confess that it seems to me that if I could say that I was a soul from a higher dimension, or could read people's minds, or could astral project, that my material would be more compelling, or important. I don't have insider information on the military industrial complex, geopolitical events, or alien/human interactions.

Trying to squeak my voice in with all these cosmic and worldly topics makes me feel a bit like facing the giant trees on my nightly pees. Yet, although what I have to offer is far simpler, and more commonplace, I believe it is still very important. As more and more people agree that humanity is facing serious problems, and that life on this planet is not as it could, or should be, more people are looking for solutions and answers.

While I believe the final answer is a mosaic made up of several keys, there is one key I would like to represent with my life. The key of relation. What good are formulas and tools if we don't address how we relate? Even with what we have in infrastructure, it could be a lot different if we related differently. This is something we can't get around, for it is our relations to ourselves, to each other, to nature, and, dare I say, god, that has created the situation we are in now. Relations are of utmost importance, because we cannot avoid having to relate.

In short, there is a lot we can do in our every day lives to stop the hemorrhaging that our society is experiencing at an alarming rate.

They key problem is tyranny. Tyranny is a parasite. It takes without giving back. This is death affirming and artificial, because life is built on abundance and connection. Nothing that feels connected can willfully harm another to exploit, because it's too painful. This is how important our relations are. If we set the conditions for parasites, parasites will make themselves at home, be they human, alien, or more obscure, and they will thrive.

We, the people, may not have the power to remove the parasites at the top of our artificial, human pyramids, but we do have the power to socialize differently, therefore showing that we are responsible and aware enough to handle our affairs. That, in itself, will go a long way towards changing the situation.

The way to get rid of a parasite is to change the conditions of its environment to be incompatible with its own needs. It then has to leave, because it cannot survive its environment anymore. So we have to clean up our social body. We have to clean the way we relate. What do I mean by that?

Well, tyranny thrives on disconnection, which allows for deception, brutality, coercion, and intimidation. We experience our connection through our emotions. Our emotions give us a palbable image of the actual shape of our relationships. They tell us when something is twisted, or tangled, or broken, and by following the information our emotions are giving us, we can sense things becoming untangled and coherent again.

But we live in a world where emotions don't really count for very much. Our professional code requires us to disregard our emotions, and do tasks that are laid out in front of us, even if they violate our sense of purpose, morality, and better judgement. Our feelings tell us what is right and what is wrong. Emotions, in concert with our intellect, allow us to have a conscience. That is to say, a sense of causality.

Causality gives us a sense of structure, or integrity. This gives us the knowledge that we can know our world, and be deliberate, as opposed to wildly flinging darts at a chair we can't even see because we're blindfolded, desperately relying on faith that something will stick.

Causality and relationship go hand in hand.

What my jargon translates into is vulnerability. I define vulnerability in this context as that which is closest to the true experience of a person; unguarded communication. This is a skill that has to be learned and practiced. When we are vulnerable in the way we talk, our emotions are free to enter the conversation, and we start to understand the shapes of our relationships a lot better.

From the little I know about the military through my own, brief experience, reliable Intelligence is the key for a successful operation. It's no different in our lives. Vulnerability is the most accurate and clear intel you can get from a person. To be good at being vulnerable, our emotions and intellect, our hearts and minds, have to work together. You have to feel what you feel, and also be able to decipher it in words. When I stand back and look at the way we are designed, it's actually quite ingenious and marvelous. It works.

Do you hear me? We're not broken. We are built to function. The idea that we can't is a deception deliberately orchestrated by that which needs you to give yourself to it as a voluntary slave.

I mean, we have the mechanisms built into us to function in harmony. We do, however, have to clean up.

To come back to my point, it is by making emotional connections and getting skilled at speaking and listening through our emotions and intellect, that we can unplug from the artificial world that has sought to replace the real world that's all around and within us.

I don't see how this journey can be a blissful, or easy experience, because we have to, I repeat, have, deal with the consequences of our collective history. We have been living on the broken spines of others. For some it's worked out pretty well. For others, not at all. But collectively, whether we got crushed, or rode the wave, we were born into a world of exploitation and abuse.

We can't diminish that. Only by acknowledging it, and letting it enter into us through our emotions, can we re-awaken our connections to each other, and therefore to life. Only through our tears and remorse can we have the wisdom to apply our cunning and wealth towards the right actions.

There is no need for anyone to be out of work, for there is so much meaningful work to do to restore the body, of which we are a part, of this planet to a functioning and healthy habitat.

But none of our talents can do anything or be anything without the spark of inspiration. This, intangible, illusive spark is the only fuel that can power the engine of our hearts and minds to do the right thing. This spark, we experience through the power of our feeling. The feeling that we are connected. That we can love each other without knowing very much about each other. That love is what really drives us.

It is this capacity to feel, and transmute the feeling into communicable symbols, that will help us change our relations drastically. I want to continue getting into more detail about specific issues I see that are contributing to the decay of our social fabric. I want to address these issues from a more analytical perspective, as well as a much more personal perspective as well.

Well, that's it for now...
    Last edited by Armen; 10th February 2012 at 21:46.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

Caren (10th February 2012), christian (10th February 2012), DianeKJ (12th February 2012), DoubleHelix (11th February 2012), Lettherebelight (10th February 2012), markoid (10th February 2012), seko (23rd February 2012)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 77,651 times in 8,595 posts

Best thing I have read today, Armen. Thank you!

Oh, and what meaningful (to me) imagery:

Quote Trying to squeak my voice in with all these cosmic and worldly topics makes me feel a bit like facing the giant trees on my nightly pees

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Armen (11th February 2012)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Thanks for this, Armen great post. Lots to think about here. Looking forward to further insights!

For now...I'm gonna read this one again!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

21. Link to Post #31
    Great Britain Avalon Member seantimberwolf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 times in 332 posts

OUTSTANDING!
    THANK YOU,

Sean Timberwolf, wild and free
    "And if one man could stand tall, There would be hope for us all, Somewhere in the spirit of man!"

22. The Following User Says Thank You to seantimberwolf For This Post:

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Man and Woman

Something is different now. It used to be that I had to board planes and trains alone. It used to be that I spent long hours on the road, suffering in silence. It used to be that wherever I arrived, I walked through airports and stations, nearly invisible. My eyes would scan the clusters of eager faces, anticipating the arrival of someone they loved. I watched, invisible and in plain sight, wondering what it would be like to have someone standing there waiting for me. It would set the temperature of my heart to cool, and a slight chill would permeate through me; like standing at the edge of existence, knowing I was truly alone. I remember the dignity it required to walk quietly through the cracks of space and time, knowing no one would know if I was dead or alive. My heart felt warm with love, and my body was cold, walking the road. I would smile to myself. I knew what I was doing mattered, even if no one would ever know.

Lately, it's been a different ball game though. I'm not alone anymore. I have friends who are motivated by the same passions as me, who have endured the same isolation and ridicule as me. I have homes where I can rest and feel accepted.

Now, having formed a school, I have traveled with someone down the Pacific Northwest Coast. Destination, Eugene, Oregon. As winter submits to spring, the wheel has turned for us. After having spent 5 months in British Columbia, we are once again on the road. The difference, that we, not I, are doing work that matters. The mission, to find and connect more people who are crossing the line from talk to action. People who instinctively know that humans have to recognize the wrong turn we have taken, and face the real, hard work we have to do to make what was misaligned right again.

Make no mistake. The road to heaven is through hell. If we don't face ourselves, then I'm not interested in enlightenment. Let the Ascended Masters and God, or whatever could be held up as a symbol of a higher state, celebrate by themselves, because moving into a new world free of suffering, without facing the wrong we have done can only be one thing to me; a scam. And if that's not true, then I don't want anything to do with existence.

As much as we want to meditate and change our internal vibrations, the bottom line is still behavior.

The 11 hour trip from Vancouver was grey and wet, but nothing in comparison to the ten years it's taken to stop being alone. Now, in Eugene, we are already slipping and sliding down the banana peel of progress at terminal velocity. Things are moving very fast, and one thing is overwhelmingly clear.

We are not alone. The seeding stage is over. Now little sprouts can be seen everywhere, and this growth will only continue and accelerate. Not only are people all over North America acting on their common sense and open heart, they are spontaneously understanding the same vision; that we have to be connected beyond our individual family groups. Everyone I talk to now understands that we are in this together, and that each person's prosperity has to lend itself to another person's prosperity.

I have gone from one property where people are supporting the rehabilitation and growth of people, right into the loving arms of another such place. Each community has unique features that make them strong and weak. Together, we are working out problems. Together, we are sobering up. There is very little shouting here, but a lot of sobbing, and doing. With every doing and weeping, we become more emotionally connected, and the infrastructure is beginning to be set into place to take on more and more disillusioned lone wolves who know what's really going on.

What was once labeled as conspiracy is becoming more and more the proof of our collective ignorance. It's harder and harder to deny. We are stolen. So let's give the trinkets back, and take back the purity of our hearts.

Regardless of where I go, I see the same patterns emerging. Patterns that, in my estimation, are standing in the way of further progress. To open new and bigger doors, we have to change the way we see. Society must have a structure, and there is a way to structure people in such a way that harmony prevails. As I promised before, I wanted to begin digging into specific problem areas, and begin talking about what I feel are at the heart of these problems.

Strong societies are made by strong communities. Strong communities are made by strong families. Strong families are made by strong individuals who know their place within their respective families. There is a structure that creates integrity, just like physical buildings have structural integrity. One of the keys to strong families, are the relationships between spouses. I am aware that there are people who don't identify as one specific gender, and that there are people who are not interested in traditional man-woman relationships. However, I am going to focus on those kinds of relationships when trying to explain that there are huge problems between men and women and how they relate. Although I can only use conjecture, my hunch is that the feminist movement, just like every other movement, has been co-opted by subversive elements and thoroughly corrupted. Whether on purpose, or by happenstance is not so important to me.

What matters, is that the way men and women relate is not working. Families are breaking up at an alarming rate, and neither men, nor women are able to find stable relationships. Simply delving into this issue alone is such a controversial, sensitive, loaded, and important subject, that even if we just solved this problem alone that men and women are having with each other, an enormous amount of trauma would be reversed and our society would have a lot more integrity.

This is one of the thickets that I am in the middle of. I have been educating men on what it means to truly be a man, while also pointing out the ways in which the feminist movement has programmed them to fear and be ashamed of who and what they truly are as men. I have been working to point out to men what they are good at, and why they are invaluable. It's incredibly sad to me how men are treated today, and how little there is in the way of support for men to learn about being men in relation to women. Many men I know, including myself, have been raised by their mothers, and learned how to be a man from them. Unfortunately too often, these young sons become the unwitting spouses of newly empowered women who have gone AWOl, programming these young men with very damaging beliefs about manhood, while raising them as single parents. These boys grow up to be insecure, mild, timid, unreliable, sexually muted versions of themselves.

The reason I am in a position to do this, is because that is my story. I was raised that way, and I have suffered because of that upbringing. It was only through hard work and diligence, that I was able to change my understanding of what it means to be a man. As my understanding improved, my relationships with women improved. Want to quit smoking, talk to someone who's been a chain smoker. If there is any value in the unnecessary suffering I endured, it is to share what I learned to keep others from having to suffer the same things unnecessarily.

On the other hand, I've also been teaching men how to understand life more through their emotions. This is the weakness of men, always trying to analyze and build structures to squeeze life into. Men are learning to incorporate their feelings and intuitions into how they relate to the world around them. I have also had to teach men that they have a value.

When feminism demanded equal rights to the privileges of men, women forgot to also share their privileges with men. That is, women still demanded that men buy them expensive jewelry. That they open doors. That they put their safety on the line to protect them. That they fix things that were broken. That they put up with the emotional antics and escapades of their spouses. Essentially, men lost the ability to control women, meaning, to hold them accountable for their actions.

What seemed like a victory to women, didn't turn out so great after all. Now, they had the right to suffer depressing and grueling working conditions. They got to see that the world of men they were wanting to be part of was not so pleasant and empowering afterall. It was just as oppressive as their domestic prisons, just in a different way. But most of all, they got to deal with men who have no backbone, no strength, and no identity as men. They got to choose between manipulators that would take advantage of them, or yes-men that would nurture them right into the arms of another man.

I understand the extremely inflammatory nature of what I'm saying, and I am in no way going into the complexity of this particular sticking point. I am prepared to present my case and thoroughly explain my reasoning in every way, and I have. It has to start somewhere. I also want to make it clear that I am aware of the abuses of men on women, and I am in no way supportive of that. My point, and the point of other men's rights activists, is that enduring abuse does not give anyone, including women, the right to become the abuser. What we are after is harmony. Not the turning of tables.

I want to make clear that I work very diligently with women to help them feel their own value and strength in society. I listen, I observe, I apply based on what I see works. So I am not attempting to diminish the struggles of women by what I say. Rather, I am shedding light on more pieces of the puzzle.

On the other hand, I am also working with women to help deal with the fact that most men are very disembodied. They have strong mental and abstract faculties, but understand very little in the way of how to respond emotionally to people, especially women. The way men attempt to solve problems is to fix it, not being aware that often all that's required is just a feeling of compassion and empathy.

Men get very uncomfortable and confused around emotions. It's frightening and messy to us. This is the work that many men are doing. To soften their way of dealing with people. To transition from fixing problems and abstracting experience, to experiencing and feeling.

Men have to learn that reality is not a reflection of meaning. Reality is experience.

Women have to learn that reality without reflection and meaning, is akin to a dragon burning down the village.

Men and women have to learn that each is the steward of the other. Men help women create boundaries and containers. They bring meaning and order. They focus and control. Women help men step outside of the abstract, and into direct experience. They expand and radiate. They breathe life and creativity.

If these meanings don't make sense in the context of men and women, then take what I'm saying in terms of masculine and feminine.

Either way, these two halves were designed to compliment and safeguard each other. Expansion and chaos without order is utterly destructive and crazy making. Order without expansion and chaos, is bone grindingly bleak, and empty.

There is a lot more that needs to be said about men and women, but I suppose this is as good a start as I can muster tonight. I have often stood at the verge of speaking my mind, heart beating out of my chest, scared that I would be tarred and feathered for what I had to say. Surprisingly, it has not happened yet. Surprisingly, more and more men and women of all ages, especially young, agree with the insights I am sharing. This has given me the fire and backbone to keep speaking out, drawing attention to these very important matters.

My feet are cold like icicles, but my heart is warm. It's the difficult conversations that yield the most fruit. Thank you for hearing me...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armen For This Post:

seko (23rd February 2012), Spirithorse (1st March 2012)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

I understand what you are expressing in your post Armen. Lived a similar situation.

Thanks a lot for sharing and good to see you here again.
    Breathe in the air

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 times in 458 posts

is anyone still in touch with armen or knows how to get through to him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2