+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Places NOT To Be When The Dollar Collapses

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Default Re: Top 5 Places NOT To Be When The Dollar Collapses

Quote Posted by Lochinvar (here)
    My plan is to help as many people as possible and to not burn any buildings down. To feed the hungry and aid the sick. And to believe that we live in a world of infinite possibilities where the situation in the OP's video may not arise even though it might seem likely at the moment.
    Very good, but be careful that you enable yourself to sustain your help for others. People in panic can easily take you down with them.
    I like your idea ... here's an example: You can either hide where and how you are growing vegetables or you can show out in the open
    and share with your neighbors how to grow them. Offer them a good example to follow !

You will have a better chance on success when you work together. If you have to work in shifts and want to avoid working alone you
    already need 6 people at least, which is more than the average family size.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Lochinvar (12th July 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Quote The island nation of England
    Cool Scotlands gonna make it.

IMHO
    My 5 places not to be.

1. Fear
    2. Ignorance ( at least be prepared in some way)
    3. A place with no sense of community
    4. No spiritual aspect to your life
    5. Fear

There is big change coming there is no doubt. I am always in the worst place when the wierdest stuff happens. But thats cool. So Im stayin put, strapping in for the ride and gonna help as many as i can along the way.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Anchor (12th July 2011), arpanet (12th July 2011), Calz (12th July 2011), Curt (26th October 2011), Gardener (26th October 2011), Laura Elina (14th July 2011), Lettherebelight (26th October 2011), Lochinvar (12th July 2011), Lost Soul (12th July 2011), modwiz (12th July 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (12th July 2011), seko (26th October 2011), sshenry (12th July 2011), TargeT (11th July 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

well money would be the first shock but worst of all will be all of the people on anti-depressents unable to get medicine...

so I would say not in front of a drug store after they have run out...

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

You know the Federal Reserve and it's fiat dollars ran out for some of us years ago. We lost homes, jobs, marriages, and had no greenbacks. It happened quietly and not many cared to see or respond. It happened to me in 1978, 1997, 2006, and 2010. Big deal! Well, okay I was depressed for a couple of years. We get over it and move on! This is OLD stuff not new revelations. We've done this before. If not in this life, another life somewhere else.

Without jobs and mortgages, you lose a huge elephant of worry, trouble, and woes upon your back, neck and shoulders. Without jobs, you must find creative things to do with your 24 hours. How tough is that? When you are forced out of these things ~ or they are taken away, it seems sad at first until you realize that the shackles have been removed. Unexpected as it may be. We have been programmed to believe, we must be saddled with these things ~ in order to be responsible ~ and once they are gone, there is a fear that comes over you and quickly passes back into the dust bin of history. Free at last comes to mind! I guess you needed to be there.

It's the anticipation of having these things happen or be taken away that holds all the power, terror and woe over us and allows fear to grow larger by the day. It is through fear of these things happening, it stops us short, and we snap those handcuffs and shackles back upon our own selves ~ no one else can do it.

Who says we need to make some corporation rich? Who says we can't build a house out of sticks? Millions of acres lay vacant ~ so why are we locked up in cities? Who says we need these shackles? We do so through our participation erecting prisons of our own.

In truth, this is what happens when disaster befalls us.... We are not afraid when it actually comes upon us and arrives. We awaken fast and quickly take stock of what's needed, available, and we go forth and create something very new. One of our greatest talents is our ability to think on our feet. Access things, be flexible and open to a moment's change in circumstances. We are adaptable, self-teaching, self-healing, self-sustaining, self-motivated, self-sufficient especially in crunches. When push comes to shove. We need not shove back but create something increasingly better.

There is this illusion of want and need flowing over this thread. Watch this to see how crazy you are to be worrying about shortages, disasters and being caught in places we wouldn't be caught dead now. In this very moment. New York forgive me. The rest know who you are....Israel. Yeah, I'm was going to line up with the Palestinans for food and watch the "Audacity of Hope" be boarded by pirates! It's number ONE on my travel list. Not!

Here's the "create" what we need video. This is it folks! More like it coming this year, 2011. Put this in your pipe and smoke it! Nah, just teasing. Please don't do it!

It is natural to seek shelter, warmth, food. Instinctively we know how to do this without the need for others to guide our path. Who do you think blazed a trail Westward from Europe across the American plains? Well, it was you, sweetheart. You, you, you. And if you don't believe in reincarnation, think of it this way. Your pioneer elders gave your the genes necessary for survival and their blood runs through your veins. These talents are not lost and can easily be called forth again.

Should disaster befall you. You make your way to a park or camping ground. An area of greater safety. If necessary, you can huddle together for warmth. When was the last time you needed to do that? You share what food you have or can find. You use what resources are available. We know those among us who have talents for hunting, fishing, or showing the way to guide us to these necessary things.

Sometimes you have only the branches of a tree for shelter from the storms of life. Still you are blessed. When the last vintage of what you thought was important is taken from you....And it's just you and your God or your perception of your Creator.

Well, what happens then? <drum roll here>

You will find peace for once without conditions, without providing anything, without needing to prove anything. And you may know yourself for the very first time.

Hey, worse things can happen to you.

We can advance or we can create the times when we will be forced to learn and know these beautiful things for ourselves. Fear is the enemy. Nothing more. And so it is...

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

Calz (12th July 2011), crosby (11th July 2011), fifi (12th July 2011), Lisab (11th July 2011), Lost Soul (11th July 2011), modwiz (12th July 2011), sidh25 (12th July 2011), sshenry (12th July 2011), sunflower (12th July 2011), TargeT (11th July 2011), Taurean (11th July 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Concur with Darla. Food and water are a must. Shelter you can always build whether it is with tarps, wood or even branches and mud (tie and weave branches together and then use mud to build up the walls). Keep it simple.

Red Elk's book, Short Stories, gives a lot of insights into how to do things primitively as well as address spiritual matters and wisdom. If you can't get it, then get an old Boy Scouts handbook and read it.

Finally, remember to walk in the light. Most of us can do without a lot of the fancy trappings that the media tells us will make our lives better. They (the clutter) don't. Only bonding with the Creator and walking in the Creator's light does. Paz!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

Taurean (11th July 2011)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

the TRUE evil of the Federal Reserve system is that it's mission is to "seek 100% employment"

now why does a society with the capabilities of automation that we have need 100% employment? Id say in reality we need around 20% employment to maintain a life style similar to what we have now.

and in reality, who could stay "un employed" for long? we'd all end up doing SOMETHING, hopefully what ever we are passionate about, or at least interested in; I bet that ALONE would be enough to provide for societies needs..

I loved the venus project for that line of thinking, though there were some shady connotations and I don't see it as realistic *right now*

anyway, my point was to expand on Darla's excellent post; think of what you could accomplish with out a job, with all of your time for what YOU wanted to do with it.

not having this society is a dream to me, and I do not fear it, I welcome it eagerly.

Let washington continue its insanities, just be calm, improve your self, keep learning & be ready for *whatever* as in reality, only YOU can count on YOU to take of YOU (which is all of us since you ARE me.., so you can view that as a half full or half empty comment, I see the former)

Life always throws us interesting curve balls though right? while I eagerly await the collapse of this control system, my current girlfriend basically said she'd rather die than (my words/summary) "not live a materialistic life"; and she wasn't joking.

Just another reminder that all is balanced I suppose.
    Last edited by TargeT; 11th July 2011 at 23:28.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

modwiz (12th July 2011)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

No one has mentioned the very obvious. Our increased global population has been made possible by an agricultural system based on cheap oil/fertilizer. The "green revolution" enabled previously unproductive land to be farmed with the use of cheap fertilizer and modified crops. Stable, relatively cheap food resulted in a dramatic leap in how many people could be fed. (Also, a global vaccination program dropped the death rate from some previously deadly diseases).

Take away the infastructure of mechanzied agriculture, harvesting, shipping and storage, and the carrying capacity of the planet drops sharply. This can come about due to lack of fuel (the result of war, of disruption of supply), or the structure can become worthless given climate instability, drought, etc.

6 billion people cannot be fed on subsistance farming.

13. Link to Post #28
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

People in this part of the world would have NO problem surviving quite well without money at all. Even the city folk have rural knowledge. They teach farming in schools. Villages organize crop, water and land use. Police don't even work at night.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erich For This Post:

Calz (12th July 2011), modwiz (12th July 2011), seko (26th October 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 times in 747 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni

if your into a doom and gloom fallout scenario...
    the video's narrator serves up and suggests these particular locations...
    [B

"1. Israel
    2. Southern California
    3. The island nation of England.
    4. The New York City area.
    5. The Washington D.C. area - the home of the Federal Reserve."
    Thanks Giovonni and Operator. I'm not very much for gloom and doom, but I was curious what they were saying. Israel... that's interesting. Being away from large population centers makes sense.

Thanks!

16. Link to Post #30
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member Anno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 times in 567 posts

Quote Posted by Lochinvar (here)
    People will starve if the supermarkets close. Do you not agree?
    Many people starved to death today because the land they used to farm is now used to fill overseas supermarkets.

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by Anno (here)
    Modern Humans have been around for what, 200,000 years? The dollar has been around for 200ish, the banking system maybe 400 ish. So what if it collapses?
    We seem to have done ok before it so why would we be doomed if it went?
    the fiat currency system has been around for at least 6000 years, on record.[...]
    I don't have any problem with a currency. It certainly makes trade easier. It's this centralisation of control and the idea that everyone MUST use the Dollar. **** the dollar. And the Euro too. I want shiny beads =D

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anno For This Post:

Calz (12th July 2011), Curt (26th October 2011), Lord Sidious (12th July 2011)

18. Link to Post #31
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Erich (here)
    People in this part of the world would have NO problem surviving quite well without money at all. Even the city folk have rural knowledge. They teach farming in schools. Villages organize crop, water and land use. Police don't even work at night.
    Sounds like a great place to live.

19. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

I disagree. If you research the history of vaccines, there is much evidence that the accepted mainstream theories about vaccines are simply untrue. There is plenty of information about this in the various threads on PA that have been created over the years regarding vaccines.

Quote Posted by ahamkara (here)
    (Also, a global vaccination program dropped the death rate from some previously deadly diseases)..

20. Link to Post #33
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote "They" are counting on "us" to kill each other off to a great degree when the food runs out ... making their "job" easier???
    Since morality apply only to us, they have no obligations what so ever, remember " ask not what your country can do for you" and " I, (Insert full name), do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God."
    I suggest for everybody to reconsider their contract.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

fifi (12th July 2011), Lord Sidious (12th July 2011), seko (26th October 2011)

22. Link to Post #34
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Quote The island nation of England
    Cool Scotlands gonna make it.

IMHO
    My 5 places not to be.

1. Fear
    2. Ignorance ( at least be prepared in some way)
    3. A place with no sense of community
    4. No spiritual aspect to your life
    5. Fear

There is big change coming there is no doubt. I am always in the worst place when the wierdest stuff happens. But thats cool. So Im stayin put, strapping in for the ride and gonna help as many as i can along the way.
    They must be expecting a fault line to open up along Hadrians wall.....and Offahs dyke....(does she even know?). Would it be fearful to rebuild the wall and keep the water and oil to ourselves? How long would the deer, sheep and cattle last I wonder?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lochinvar For This Post:

Curt (26th October 2011), Muzz (14th July 2011)

24. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Well, the news are not very comforting to watch, that's for sure, economy crisis within the EU, US debt, what not. But as it was pointed out, living in fear is no use, either you halt or you act, like they say.... Prepare for the "worst" and hope for the best, besides... We have done this many a times before, lived and died, and we are still here. If things really do fall apart at the level some think they do, suppose the best thing one can do for themselves is to remain calm and as clear minded as possible, that's really the best defense and attack plan regarding survival you got there, wits will get you through harsh circumstances. Having been born and raised in near approximate of the arctic circle and having been taught self defense and survival skills since young age (no, not quite Hanna style, lol), I'm confident in some aspects that I have a fair chance of not freaking out, when going gets tough, and yet again... I'm not preparing for the end times either, just making sure I'm not walking with my inner radar offline and that I got a plan, if the situation calls for one.

Just stay aware, that's what I tell myself.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laura Elina For This Post:

58andfixed (26th October 2011), Curt (26th October 2011)

26. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

So, the only ones who will feel bad when the economy collapses are the rich because ALL of their money will be worth NOTHING....LOL! I remember seeing a picture of a guy with a barrel of money to buy one loaf of bread.

27. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,899 times in 4,329 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Quote Posted by doodah (here)
    Can anyone post the 5 places? I can't do YouTube on my computer with dial-up service. I sure am curious! Thanks.
    if your into a doom and gloom fallout scenario...
    the video's narrator serves up and suggests these particular locations...
    "1. Israel
    2. Southern California
    3. The island nation of England.
    4. The New York City area.
    5. The Washington D.C. area - the home of the Federal Reserve."
    Thank You Giovanni.
    Taureen brah,,,,if your going to post something like this, you should summerize the information.
    Just saying, I was interested in the info as posted by Giovanni,,,no so much in the 13 minutes it took for the video to spit this information out.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 15th July 2011 at 08:47. Reason: trim quoted material

28. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

All well said, and I simply selected the core nuggets to highlight as my personal plan as well, for I have a part and it begins with being aware and understanding my part in the whole experience.

Thank you.

Quote Posted by Laura Elina (here)

Prepare for the "worst" and hope for the best,

the best thing one can do for themselves is to remain calm and as clear minded as possible,

I'm not preparing for the end times either, just making sure I'm not walking with my inner radar offline and that I got a plan, if the situation calls for one.

Just stay aware, that's what I tell myself

29. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

In the old days, you could store gasoline.

With ethanol added in almost all gasoline these days, in the west...., you cannot store gasoline. It simply goes bad, and unusable - in a few months.

Ask yourself if that was accidental or planned.

I'm trying to find ethanol free gasoline, and I can't. People talk about not being able to start cars or anything with an engine, that has been 'stored'.

It's the ethanol, in most cases.

I have a generator in my garage that has real gasoline in it. About 1/4 of a tank. It's been stored, like that.... for about 4 years now. Fires right up.
    Last edited by Carmody; 26th October 2011 at 04:23.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Curt (26th October 2011), Lord Sidious (26th October 2011), meeradas (26th October 2011), Sidney (26th October 2011), TelosianEmbrace (26th October 2011)

31. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

By design Carmody, most likely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast