Thread: The Importance of Vitamin C

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Default The Importance of Vitamin C

Hi all

I read an article in a book recently that showed the possibility that we are all deficient in Vit C. It stated that the RDA for us is 90Mg daily and that because of the small amount we take , our bodies have to use plaque to repair the lining of our arteries instead of collagen. This leads to blockages and obvious heart attacks.

Quote" 300 mg of vitamin c daily reduced the risk of heart disease by 50% in men and 40% in women."

Tests also revealed that a higher intake of vit c boosted life expectancy by 6 years. Those in the 12 months test showed that taking 1,500mg daily actually reversed the plaque effects and cleaned the artery linings and those who did not take that dose had worsening deposits in the arteries..

The book is called " Breakthrough Cures - Revolutionary Answers to the Deadliest Diseases".

May be worth a read for you as it also covers many diseases like cancer and speaks of the importance of Bicarb.

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

astrid (20th July 2011), Bo Atkinson (23rd March 2012), Calz (13th July 2011), Carmen (20th July 2011), crosby (12th July 2011), DeDukshyn (22nd June 2015), Eram (27th March 2012), etheric underground (24th July 2011), foreverfan (23rd March 2012), g.k.r (12th July 2011), gaiagirl (24th March 2012), Gardener (22nd August 2015), genevieve (23rd August 2015), heyokah (24th July 2011), hohoemi (22nd February 2012), Maia Gabrial (22nd July 2011), Mike (24th July 2011), Omni (13th July 2011), pharoah21 (12th July 2011), phimonic (12th July 2011), RushNBlue (23rd July 2011), seko (23rd March 2012), TWINCANS (24th July 2011), ulli (12th July 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member Trail's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 times in 267 posts

Default Re: The Importance of Vitamin C

I've heard 1000-4000mg a day is healthy.. i was already taking a 1000mg tab a day but not long ago i've bought 2000g (2kg) of ascorbid acid in powder form. buying vit c in bulk is extremely cheap. i was paying 1.79 euros per 20 1000mg tabs. i payed about 35 euros incl shipment for the 2kg in powder and i got to pick the container size i liked so i picked 200g containers.

Now what i do is make my own lemonade with it and i drink it all day long.
    Ascorbid acid is very acidic and it tastes very much like a real sour lemon.

So i take a bottle put a little very hot water in it then i poor about 3grams in there and add quite a lot of sugar (will try stevia (a natural sugar herb) instead of sugar soon), i shake well then add cold water and store in the fridge.

It is good to drink right now, because at this point it tastes kind of like a better version of 7 up, without the bubbles, but i happen to have an old 'club soda' machine to add bubbles wich i use when my bottles are cold.

I drink it like this or add a tiny amount (1/5th of normal dosage) of chassis, orange, or strawberry sirup to it..

All my friends love the taste.. and they all feel that healthy vitamine c boosting effect and ask for more..

I love my vit c kick the soda club bottles wich i use are 1 liter bottles and they have a bigger than normal opening at the top.. wich is very usefull when you have to add powders..

I get exactly 3 glasses out of one bottle and i drink about 5 glasses on avarage.. often more.. sometimes less..

The only days when i drink little or no vit c is on days when i take MMS. (as the two violently react with eachother)

If you want to take 4 grams of vit c a day and just take a big dose in the morning it doesn't have much effect and most of it won't be absorbed by the body but secreted. Vit c is easily secreted through the urinal tract. Drinking it throughout the day has a much better chance of being actually absorbed and used.

On the other hand i've also heard that the constant battering of acidity of ascorbid acid is bad for my teeth though.. i have already lowered the amount of vit c per bottle from 5-6 to 2.5-3.5 grams.. (i'm not noticing any harmful effects on my teeth yet)

Maybe i'm just getting addicted to it
    Last edited by Trail; 12th July 2011 at 22:40.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck
    Its a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear. – Dick Cavett

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trail For This Post:

Ammit (13th July 2011), Bo Atkinson (23rd March 2012), Maia Gabrial (22nd July 2011), MessiahMews (17th May 2012), Omni (13th July 2011), pharoah21 (12th July 2011), phimonic (12th July 2011), seko (23rd March 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

One of the best sources of Vitamin C is Capsaicin. You have to eat fresh chillies. Salsas.

http://chilly.in/chilli_benefits.htm

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (23rd March 2012), Ivanhoe (13th July 2011), Maia Gabrial (22nd July 2011), Mike (24th July 2011), Nani (23rd July 2011), Omni (13th July 2011), phimonic (12th July 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by Trail (here)
    The only days when i drink little or no vit c is on days when i take MMS. (as the two violently react with each other)
    The reaction is not violent, and it does not cover a day.

Vitamin C neutralizes MMS, rendering most of the MMS, and some of the Vitamin C, useless.

An hour's time buffer is more than ample.

I take five or ten grams of Vitamin C per day, and ten drops of MMS per day (a normal sized person might take six, but I'm larger than normal.)

I either take the MMS when I first get up in the morning, and then avoid Vitamin C for (the better part of) an hour, or else if I haven't taken Vitamin C for the last hour before retiring, I might take some MMS then.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (23rd March 2012), Calz (13th July 2011), hohoemi (22nd February 2012), Maia Gabrial (22nd July 2011), Omni (13th July 2011), Patrikas (13th July 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

"Food Matters" is a great dvd which included much information on the benefits of Vit C. it is important to note that the body wont store Vitamin C so its best to take it all day. I take 1000mg every two hours, there is no known side effects of Vit C and you cannot overdose on it. Another really good benefit is that studies have shown that people who take Vitamin C in conjunction with exercise burn 30% more body fat in the gym. Makes me wee a lot though. :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to core2011 For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (23rd March 2012), Omni (13th July 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My favorite book on Vitamin C is Vitamin C: The Real Story, by Steve Hickey, PhD, and Andrew W. Saul, PhD. It follows in the tradition of Linus Pauling's work, and considers taking Vitamin C to bowel tolerance, which for many people would be five to fifteen grams per day. One cannot, as a practical matter, obtain tens of grams of Vitamin C per day just from consuming natural foods. Optimum Vitamin C levels require supplementation.

I take Vitamin C in several forms:Arrowwind has also posted here on liposomal Vitamin C
    Quote Vitamin C - Mega dosages of vitamin c will help to maintain internal metabolic stability. There is now a way to make oral administrations of vitamin c at home that will equal in effectiveness IV administration. Also, in pill form, liposomal C is better utilized and you can reach IV levels orally.. www.Livonlabs.com is one source, but you can make your own. You can also purchase it at iherb for a better price:
    http://www.iherb.com/LivOn-Laboratories-Lypo-Spheric-Vitamin-C-30-Packets-0-2-fl-oz-5-7-ml-Each/25231?at=0

This site will teach you how to make homemade Lipsomal Vitamin C that is as bioactive as IV vitamin c.
    http://www.pdazzler.com/archives/62

If you are using oral ascorbic acid learn about administration to bowel tolerance.
    go here and put bowel tolerance in their search bar. www.vitamincfoundation.org
    I would encourage others to acquire the ingredients and ultrasonic cleaner equipment needed to make liposomal Vitamin C and become familiar with its preparation and usage. See this post and this post for instructions and details.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th July 2011 at 07:23.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (23rd March 2012), Calz (13th July 2011), ktlight (13th July 2011), Omni (13th July 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Brilliant thanks Paul very very interesting thanks for sharing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to core2011 For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (13th July 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Trail (here)
    The only days when i drink little or no vit c is on days when i take MMS. (as the two violently react with each other)
    The reaction is not violent, and it does not cover a day.
    If you wait long enough so the MMS and Ascorbid acid don't meet, there's no reaction. but i was talking about having mms and ascorbid acid actually meet. It's quite explosive for sure once you see the fumes being created you will think twice about taking them together. You can try it at home by putting a little ascorbid acid into a mms solution.

If you don't believe me i can make a small video of the reaction and put it online.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote If you wait long enough so the MMS and Ascorbid acid don't meet, there's no reaction. but i was talking about having mms and ascorbid acid actually meet. It's quite explosive for sure
    Many combinations of common food ingredients react to give off gas. The Baking Soda (Bob's Red Mill aluminum free) that I sometimes mix in my liposomal Vitamin C to make it more basic bubbles nicely when I first mix them.

I just mixed some MMS and ascorbic acid powder now. No explosions. A bit of bubbling and some wasted test ingredients.

Jim Humble is quite clear in his books about MMS -- try to avoid taking Vitamin C rich foods, drinks or supplements within about the same hour as taking the MMS, or else the MMS will be less affective. He recommends not mixing MMS with Vitamin C rich orange or other juice, not because of any explosion risk, but because the ascorbic acid neutralizes the MMS.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Patrikas (13th July 2011), seko (23rd March 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

The reaction you just witnessed was done in under a second.. ofcourse your glass didn't explode or anything.. but the reaction was extremely fast and you could observe a quite loud sizzling.. and immediately a cloud of fumes appear that stink.. its an oxidant and anti-oxidant (one has more electrons above neutral and one has less electrons under neutral) so they very much like to react together.. i call that pretty violent.. at least after observing that i think i better not get mms and vit c together in my stomach because i do not want those fumes inside of me like you said just wait an hour after taking mms before you take vit c and we should be fine, just like JH sais.

p.s. If you are using 10% activator to create mms it might be a slower reaction as the 50% activator wich i use. The end result of using 50% citric acid creates a more pure mms solution for the ascorbid acid to react with.
    Last edited by Trail; 13th July 2011 at 11:16.

19. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote If you are using 10% activator to create mms it might be a slower reaction as the 50% activator wich i use.
    I am using 50% activator ... however you've just noticed a key aspect of this.

Simple chemical reactions proceed with a rate that is proportional to the concentration of the reactants. Recall that it takes 20 seconds for MMS to be activated with 50% acetic acid solution, but almost two minutes with 10% solution. Concentration determines rate.

As soon as you swallow either of the MMS or Vitamin C, it is mingled with far and away enough bodily fluids to slow any reaction down to quite a bit less than one gets from quickly swallowing a mouthful of cold beer or soda so that the carbonation fizzes in your stomach causing a burp. You'd have to quickly swish both the MMS and Vitamin C in your mouth to get anything close to what you saw in your glass. All totally harmless and all quite out of the realm of any ordinary mingling of the two by swallowing them separately.

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

FDA is attempting to take away IV vitamin C ! We must stop them! Please take action and sign letters.

The Natural Solutions Foundation has also posted an action item, this one going out to various FDA and government officials:
    http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o...ction_KEY=5448

Although this is bad news, the good news its that now you can make in your own home Lipsomal Vitamin C. that IS AS EFFECTIVE AS IV VITAMIN C and for a tiny fraction of the cost.... although this is good it will not be helpful to those who are too weak to swallow, as in that recent case from New Zealand where the guy was on his death bed and the family forced though a court order to administer IV vitamin C. He is well and alive today.

If you have interest in having access to vitamin c at this powerful level I suggest that you stock pile several bottles of crystal ascorbic acid. We may be very close to loosing all our access to vitamins.

To learn how to make lipsomal vitamin c go here:
    http://www.pdazzler.com/archives/62

or here for a video:

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Earth Angel (23rd March 2012), seko (23rd March 2012), ThePythonicCow (13th July 2011)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

The Best Vitamin C you can get!

http://www.healthforce.com/shop?page...ural+Vitamin+C

Quote Truly Natural Vitamin C

Don't Flush Your Health & Money Right Down The Drain!

Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, but when it is in an isolated and/or synthetic form, it is quite poorly absorbed and can actually adversely affect our health!

According to one human study, 1500 mg (total) of isolated and/or synthetic vitamin C per day can cause iron deficiency and anemia!*

Most of the isolated and/or synthetic vitamin C consumed is unused by the body. What's worse, it puts a negative strain on your liver and kidneys to excrete it, and it is quite acid forming in the body! If a vitamin C is an ingredient of a product, it is synthetic and/or isolated. If it is naturally contained in the ingredient(s), it is naturally occurring (as it is in our product)! Ascorbic Acid and Calcium Ascorbate are synthetic/isolated forms of Vitamin C. "Ester-C" (for example) has a few elements added back to an isolated vitamin C molecule and is therefore more absorbable than Ascorbic Acid or Calcium Ascorbate. However, Truly Natural Vitamin C™ has all of the naturally occurring elements synergistically present and bonded (including naturally occurring bioflavonoids) because it is 100% food (100% Acerola Cherry Powder).

Truly Natural Vitamin C™ contains naturally occurring Vitamin C in a powdered form. It is non-toxic in low or high dosages, highly absorbable, and therefore is rarely excreted (expensive waste) through your urine.

Other products sometimes give the illusion of being totally or partially whole food products, but in reality, they actually are not!

Vitamin C never occurs as an isolate in nature. It is always a part of an entire Vitamin C complex.

There are many "Vitamin C with rose hips and acerola" type products out there. Every one of those products we have seen has a very small amount of rose hips and/or acerola (which are plants naturally high in absorbable vitamin C) with a whopping amount of synthetic and/or isolated Vitamin C! Vitamin C mixed with whole foods is not the same as vitamin C contained in whole foods. The superfoods added "on the side" are good for you, but not the main ingredients or the supplement as a whole! Get your Vitamin C the way nature truly intended!

Ingredients: Acerola Cherry Powder. Each 1.5 teaspoon serving provides 302 mg of naturally occurring, non-toxic, highly absorbable vitamin C that is not excreted as expensive, bright yellow urine! Approximately 70 servings per container. Contains a small amount of Non-GMO/ Organic Maltodextrin (a complex carbohydrate - NOT sugar) as a drying medium.
    * These statements have not been evaluated by the F.D.A. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

genevieve (23rd August 2015), seko (23rd March 2012)

24. Link to Post #14
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

There is a significant difference how body absorbs any water-soluble vitamins from natural sources compared to any of these pills etc.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Vielle For This Post:

seko (20th July 2011)

26. Link to Post #15
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

ok... I formerly had high blood pressure and have used both vitamin C and chilli but each of these methods whether used individually or in conjunction with each other must be done properly. I had a dear friend of mine who was taking vitamin C for arteriosclerosis but much to my dismay she passed away a few years back. I am so grateful though as she allowed me to learn a little lesson. Vitamin C is good BUT it must be taken with l-lysine to reverse the conditions of arterioscleriosis. My friend did not take l-lysine... I have also tried using very hot chilli - ie jolokia... Using the chilli can have good effects and give you more energy BUT it must be taken twice or three times a day i have found to achieve the desired results; not doing so just led to my blood pressure going up. These days i use Linus paulings method and take 3000mg vit C and 1000mg l-lysine twice a day then use chilli if i ever feel any congestive feeling... I use the pauling method as it easier to obtain the materials rather than chilli - being easy makes it easier to do... Also ascorbic acid works best for me here...
    Also I'd like you all to refresh yourselves with the knowledge of Bob Beck - i use the ozonator with this health protocal - but thats for another thread..

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krylda For This Post:

seko (20th July 2011), Trail (20th July 2011)

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member silvervioletrubie's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you HORIZONS for sharing.

I believe most "added" vitamin C, or asorbic acid is very bad for us. There are ways that having a body loaded with "added" vitamin c in combination with carbonation (soda, beer, etc) can cause bone degradation and early osteoporosis (by stripping the body of calcium).

This has just happened to a good friend who thought he was doing himself a faver by consuming lots of vitamin C in the form of vitamin supplements and juice with added vitamin C.

To remedy his situation the doctor told him to not take added vitamin C in conjunction with carbonated drinks (not in the same day). And developed a regimen that would deliver large amounts of absorptive calcium to his bones.

This rings true to me...

There are many sources of natural complex Vitamin C in plants and fruits that allow us to ingest copious amounts without needing to "add" it to other foods.

My BS detector goes off every time I see "100% daily value of vitamin C in each serving", especially on juice.....you've got to be kidding me right?

Have you ever wondered why you cannot buy orange juice with out added vitamin C, (Orange juice!!) or MOST juices in the grocery store.....just look for yourself for "straight" juice.....I bet you'll be surprised!

If you are a critical thinker, this should raise some type of red flag!

I am not trying to say that Vitamin C cannot be an answer for some ailments, just be careful what you are ingesting, is it really being delivered in a form that helps you?

Love is always the answer!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvervioletrubie For This Post:

HORIZONS (23rd July 2011), Trail (23rd July 2011)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

It's a good thing im taking calcium/magnesium supplements too then..

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

silvervioletrubie (8th August 2011)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Default Potassium, Even more Important and We're ALL LACKING IN IT

Thank you for this thread on vitamin C. There is an even MORE pressing shortage for us all in the form of POTASSIUM. I'm going to include a 4 page article here which is a real eye opener. Nearly every disease we have links back to this problem, which became extremely severe when modern farming practices and salty snacks came into being. It is no a stretch to say we are all sick and dying because of this severe shortage.

Potassium_01.pdf

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

HORIZONS (24th July 2011), seko (23rd March 2012), silvervioletrubie (8th August 2011)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Default Re: Potassium, Even more Important and We're ALL LACKING IN IT

FoodMatters Part 1 of 8 (parts 2 thru 8 appear when video ends)

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

HORIZONS (24th July 2011), silvervioletrubie (8th August 2011)

36. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Potassium, Even more Important and We're ALL LACKING IN IT

Quote Posted by The Abundant Traveler (here)
    Thank you for this thread on vitamin C. There is an even MORE pressing shortage for us all in the form of POTASSIUM
    The United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA) limits over-the-counter potassium supplements to 99 mg per serving. This amounts to 2.8% of the FDA's own recommended daily allowance (RDA). So you'd have to take 35 pver-the-counter potassium pills per day to reach even the typically low FDA RDA for potassium.

I take C-Salts, available online from Wholesale Nutrition. A single teaspoon of this powder contains 4 grams of Vitamin C and 365 mg of potassium. I take other forms of Vitamin C (including liposomal) and other potassium supplements as well. Before I found C-Salts, I was making my own potassium capsules, putting potassium gluconate or potassium bicarbonate powder in 00 caps, in order to get around the damn FDA limits.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Mike (24th July 2011), silvervioletrubie (8th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast