+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dr Marcia Angel reveals - " The corruption of the medical system"

1. Link to Post #1
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Default Dr Marcia Angel reveals - " The corruption of the medical system"

A Former senior editor of the Well known and highly Prestigious "New England Journal of medicine", exposes the Corruption and brainwashing that is going on in the health system.

Marcia Angel,a former editor of the important scientific journal "New England medicine" wich publishes medical studies, reveals the inappropriate relationship between the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals in an article entitled: "Drug companies and Doctors:The story of corruption".

In this article she talks about her decades of experience with the Medical industry and the unholy relationship between pharmaceutical companies, the lobbyists they employ and the brainwashing and pressure on doctors to sell their drugs to the public.

Marcia has an MD and also holds degrees in chemistry, mathematics and microbiology and is expertised in pathology,she was regarded in the past as one of the most influential women in the United States.

In some of her statements from the article she says:

Quote "since the pharmaceutical industry has no direct access to people,The medical people are the link and they are heavily influenced by brainwashing. This industry rolles some enormous amounts of money on the backs of the patients.
    Drug companies insist as a condition for providing funds that they will be intimately involved in all aspects of the study, they are the sponsors and they can easily tilt things in their favor, so their medications seem more reliable and secure than what they are in actuality. Therefore, it is not surprising that industry-funded studies published in medical journals, consistently biased in favor of drugs that receive positive results.On the negative results we rarely hear".
    And that comes from someone who worked for the medical system for many years!

Angel gives some examples:

"Dr. Alan F. Schatzberg, chair of Stanford’s psychiatry department and president-elect of the American Psychiatric Association also ownes shares in 'Corcept Therapeutics' - the company that conducts drug testing that causes an initiated abortion in women known as 'mifepristone' .

The idea was to allow the use of the same drug to also treat psychotic depression.

Is it not clear how much this arrangment is unusual?

However,one of the most prominent cases uncovered so far is that of Dr. Charles Nemeroff,Chair of the Department of Psychiatry at Emory University. The same one served as principal investigator of the National Institute of Mental Health and received grants for studies of many millions, from which a sum of 1.35 million dollars was transferred to Emory University for research by the drug company Glaxo Smith Kline.It is important to note that totals of above $ 10,000 per year are required to be reported and if it turns out that there is a conflict of interest, the study needs to be suspended or canceled.
    However,Professor Nemeroff has failed to show the receipt of funds from Glaxo Smith Kline, moreover,he also received funds for dozens of lectures he gave while promoting the company's drugs.

"While the exposure of such corruptions receives much attention from the press," says Marcia Angel, it is still very important to know that many similar conflicts occur in the medical world."

Quote "And indeed, most doctors take money or gifts from pharmaceutical companies one way or another.and Many are being paid for advice or for giving lectures sponsored by the company, as well as for writing articles on behalf of the pharmaceutical companies and conducting research 'apparently' that its main contribution is to provide those medicines to their patients and disseminating the information even further.

What is it if not a total contrast of interest? and this is how the medical world runs. No one in the U.S know what is the total amount that is provided by pharmaceutical companies to physicians, but the assessment says that the estimation is tens of billions of dollars a year! "

Angel adds that Doctors may prescribe drugs that were approved for certain use regardless of the specific purpose it received approval for,And claims that it can be that up to half of all prescriptions are such

Even when drugs are already available to the public,the pharmaceutical companies continue to sponsor more and more clinical trials, sometimes in order to obtain FDA approval for additional uses for the same medicine.in other times to show an advantage over competitors, and often as an excuse to persuade doctors to give such drugs to patients.

The former magazine editor touches on another important point:

Quote "In recent years pharmaceutical companies have begun to refine a new and very effective technique to expand their markets.Instead of advancing the treatment of diseases, they began to promote diseases to fit their drugs.The strategy is to convince as many people as possible (along with their doctors, of course) that they have medical problems that require a long-term medical care. And on this it said: "How can a normal behavior becomes a disease ....".
    in order to promote the excessive new terms,the drug companies are giving them names that sounds more serious.Therefore, heartburn is now "gastro esophageal reflux disease",the stress that many woman suffer from before their menstrual cycle is a "disorder and PMS" and shyness is "social anxiety disorder". There is also the "post traumatic stress disorder.

"... When a company receives approval from the FDA to market a drug it is launching an extensive media campaign, including posters on bus stops around the country showing people sad and below them the words: "Imagine being allergic to people..." and the sales leap.

Or as Barry Brand, the product manager of Paxil said:
    "Every marketer's dream is to find a customer segment market that is not yet identified and to develope it.This is what we are doing with social anxiety disorder.
    "

Very interesting! let me introduce you to an interview that was conducted by the Israeli website "Different Truth Project" on the issues of vaccines and autism with Dr. David Ayoub

During this conversation on the relationship between vaccines and autism the American doctor said the following things:

Quote "I think that there is no doubt that we are caused to believe blindly that we have an excellent health system .. that we have sophisticated testings, hospitals that are beautiful ... but if you really want to get to the bottom, what you want to find out is how healthy is the population...our health care organization is no more than a front organisation to the drug companies."

Quote "...The name of a Doctor is noted as the one who has done the research while in fact it is the advertising agency or marketing department that has conducted the study of drug organizations and disease control of the U.S. government.

In those committiees attends those who imply on the safety of vaccines and drugs that they are themselvs produce ...and it is considered "business as usual".

Is there any need to add?

And back to Dr Marcia Anglel,here is an example she brought on how a research is being diverted:

"reasonably,many drugs that are assumed to be useful,are only slightly better than placebo,but there is No way to know for sure because this information is actually hidden.an indication for that was provided six years ago by four researchers wich insisted on having, through the 'Freedom of Information Act' the FDA review comparing between antidepressants including Prozac, Zoloft and Celexa as with that of the placebo. They found that the placebo was 80% as effective as drugs, ie the difference was so little likely that it has not much clinical significance. The public and the medical professionals on the other hand are caused to believe that these drugs are powerful antidepressants.

Dr Angle summarizes her conclusions at the end of the article in a few words:

Quote "This issue of conflict of interest and biases in favor of companies that do the market research exists in almost every field of medicine,particularly those that rely on drugs or devices. It is simply no longer possible to believe the results of the published clinical studies, or to rely on the discretion of the doctors or the medical guidelines.I do not find any pleasure in this conclusion to which I slowly and reluctantly arrived over twenty years of work as a scientific journal editor " The New England journal of medicine."

To summarize:

What does it all mean? The things that we heard here are expressed by someone who was connected for a long time to the medical and health industry,If so, can we trust our doctors almost blindly as we so often do? What are the consequences when we clearly know that there is a mix between the interests of the pharmaceutical industry and giving prescriptions to patients...

True, there are many good medical people that really put the welfare of the patient infront of their eyes,and yet,as long as this thin line between the desire to cure people and the obvious economical benefits that derives from it becomes indistinct ,than we have a real problem.

And who pays the price?

~*&^~*&

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 13th July 2011 at 19:38.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

161803398 (13th July 2011), BMJ (14th July 2011), ceetee9 (13th July 2011), conk (15th July 2011), crosby (23rd July 2011), Endless (13th July 2011), fifi (14th July 2011), Franny (13th July 2011), from_Brzil (14th July 2011), karelia (13th July 2011), Lord Sidious (14th July 2011), Marikins (13th July 2011), Marsila (22nd July 2011), Mike (19th July 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011), Odracir Oiravlac (20th July 2011), onawah (13th July 2011), Ria (13th July 2011), Seikou-Kishi (21st September 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Default Re: Dr Marcia Angel reveals - " The corruption of the medical system"

Did Angel say anything about vaccines?

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

Good post. A family friend who had quite a senior position in a well known pharmaceutical company was made redundant a couple of years ago. She was understandably very bitter which may have coloured her judgement as she had never spoken like this before but she said words to the effect: 'remember, they do not want to cure you just maintain you so that you keep buying their drugs'. I decided to look into this more thoroughly and found several Youtube videos - such as the whistleblower Gwen Olsen saying the same thing. Wade Frazier has some very interesting info about this on his forum too.

My doctor's surgery is well stocked with a television (donated by a pharmaceutical company) and books, posters and leaflets all advertising pharmaceutical products. The more the NHS's budget is squeezed the more prevalent this will become. I also have a friend who is a dentist and she has often joked about all the freebies she gets which range from televisions, music systems, phones and GPS systems.

Incidentally I did not allow my daughter to have the Human Papillomavirus vaccine believing it to be neither safe nor necessary (despite having had early stage cervical cancer myself) and my doctor was quite understanding. Surprisingly so considering the big government push there was on this. Sometimes doctors get paid per patient prescribed with certain drugs - such as in the reduction of blood pressure.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

ceetee9 (13th July 2011), crosby (23rd July 2011), Limor Wolf (13th July 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,246 times in 853 posts

Most of us all ready knew about corrupt medical systems. Alex Jones covered this
    a couple or three years ago. I think that the actual doctors are now buying into
    the lies to because just yesterday, i was reading a yahoo news article where
    doctors are going to tell their patients, to either let him/her (doctor) give their
    children vaccines or they will have to go to a different doctor. I see a lot of
    law suits in the future...

Imo, all vaccines are nothing more than poisons and why would anyone
    want to have their children shot up with that stuff.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to humanalien For This Post:

conk (15th July 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Retired
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Did Angel say anything about vaccines?
    Not to the best of my knowledge,she does not go out strongly against the vaccines,she is mostly relating in general to the hugh profits of the pharmacuiticle companies from the fiscal aspect,and not so much from the health perspective.

yet she also touches the important points (society is fed by drugs wich are mostly unnecessary to it and is intended to raise the drug companies profit on the backs of the citizens)

I would say that like in many other 'disclosures' of similiar corruptions the dots are there crystal clear for all to see,yet they are not connected to one another and therefore does not create the whole picture.If she continues to explore the involvment of WHO (world health organisation) to everything she is talking about (ie putting the pressure on countries to purchase the swine flu Vaccination,spreading the viruse on a switzerland trains and in Mexico,the connection with the rockefeller),and understand that it is working under the umbrella of the UN and is used as a tool to the NWO,than she might have reached even firmer conclusions
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 13th July 2011 at 19:42.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Retired
    Thanks

Humanalien,things are happening in both ways -on one hand there is a tighter control on what a citizen should put into his body those days wether its vaccines or food,for example,in Israel we have passed the point of persuasion by doctors and now we are in the point of Punishment and the imposing of fines:child allowence that every family recieve by law is dramatically reduced if you haven't vaccinated your childrens.. not nice.

however,on the other hand there are other occasions when doctors start to wake up and walk out from the system or develop a different way of thinking,I heard of a few cases like this lately.

its this duality dance again,but consciousness will win

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011), Seikou-Kishi (21st September 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There is a political party now, The Canary Party that is based on just these issues. Their name is taken from the historical practice of putting a canary in a mine to see if the air was safe for miners to breathe, often resulting in the death of the canary. Their stance is that humans are being used as guinea pigs (and worse) by the medical community.
    I got this email from them today:

The Canary Party Massachusetts Pursues Vaccine Exemption Rights

While much of the summer is being spent building the Canary Party's infrastructure and getting platforms in place, a few states have begun to work on issues in the public arena.

First out of the gate is Massachusetts, whose members testified in support of a bill to give families the right to a philosophical vaccine exemption that would respect the basic human right that all should have to decide what medical interventions they chose to have, with out being coerced.

Watch some of their powerful testimony here.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5m_1X...ature=youtu.be

Canary Party MA Leader Allison Chapman testifying in support of H1055

The Canary Party believes that every state should have a philosophical exemption and hope to work toward that end.

As The Canary Party Convention delegates meet next week to form our foundation, we are looking to you to let us know what legislation, both at the state and federal level, that you want passed to preserve your medical freedom and to bring greater accountability to the medical industry. On any medical topic. If you have worked on any legislation in the past, or have something you want passed in the future, please send us the bills, or ideas for bills, in any format that you have.

If you are in Massachusetts, or have friends and family there, please forward them this email and encourage them to contact their state representative on supporting H1055.

Ginger Taylor
    Executive Director

Follow The Canary Party:
    Facebook
    Twitter

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

conk (19th July 2011), Corncrake (13th July 2011), crosby (23rd July 2011), Czarek (14th July 2011), Limor Wolf (13th July 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    can we trust our doctors almost blindly as we so often do?
    Doing so only gives our power away. I know this many not be a very popular idea... but we bare a major part of the responsibility with the current situation.

We are always looking for a "quick fix pill". Something that will work in magical ways while we keep our un-healthy way of life.

We don't demand to know what is in a pill, we don't ask for natural remedies, we don't ask for prevention. In a big way what is happening is a response to what we are asking. If we stopped paying for drugs and instead queue up at a natural remedy store, I bet that the owner will open a bigger store.

So, I don't blindly trust my doctor. I tell her often that the simple job of quoting a study I can do myself by reading the net. And dare I say that, in some aspects regarding my own body, I am much better informed than she is. You can imagine we're not the best of friends

But seriously now... who's interest is for you to be healthy? Yours or the doctors? Who's interest is for you to be sick? Yours or the drug companies?

True, there are many good medical people that really put the welfare of the patient infront of their eyes
    Yes there are! Unfortunately many of those are too conditioned to see that sometimes they're hurting instead of helping.

In conclusion:

You have to take care of yourself, so you will not have to visit the doctor

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Corncrake (13th July 2011), Limor Wolf (14th July 2011), Lord Sidious (14th July 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

A Former senior editor of the Well known and highly Prestigious "New England Journal of medicine", exposes the Corruption and brainwashing that is going on in the health system.

Marcia Angel,a former editor of the important scientific journal "New England medicine" wich publishes medical studies, reveals the inappropriate relationship between the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare professionals in an article entitled: "Drug companies and Doctors:The story of corruption".

In this article she talks about her decades of experience with the Medical industry and the unholy relationship between pharmaceutical companies, the lobbyists they employ and the brainwashing and pressure on doctors to sell their drugs to the public.

To summarize:

What does it all mean? The things that we heard here are expressed by someone who was connected for a long time to the medical and health industry,If so, can we trust our doctors almost blindly as we so often do? What are the consequences when we clearly know that there is a mix between the interests of the pharmaceutical industry and giving prescriptions to patients...

True, there are many good medical people that really put the welfare of the patient infront of their eyes,and yet,as long as this thin line between the desire to cure people and the obvious economical benefits that derives from it becomes indistinct ,than we have a real problem.

And who pays the price?

~*&^~*&

Limor
    A good doctor is like a good police officer that does not want to write unneeded tickets. The system will punish them both for acting in accordance to their conscience rather than policy that is invariably set to maximize profits. Society is set up to make these people fear for their livelihood and thereboy elicit compliance in almost every case.

Dr. Angel, (what's in a name?) has probably secured her future financially and we benefit from her courage to now attempt to wake us up to the horror show that is western medicine, ( emergency miracles not included in this indictment).

We also benefit from Limor posting this piece.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th July 2011 at 20:03. Reason: trim quoted material

17. Link to Post #10
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by humanalien (here)
    Most of us all ready knew about corrupt medical systems. Alex Jones covered this
    a couple or three years ago. I think that the actual doctors are now buying into
    the lies to because just yesterday, i was reading a yahoo news article where
    doctors are going to tell their patients, to either let him/her (doctor) give their
    children vaccines or they will have to go to a different doctor. I see a lot of
    law suits in the future...

Imo, all vaccines are nothing more than poisons and why would anyone
    want to have their children shot up with that stuff.
    My stepdaughter was dismissed by her pediatrician for not poisoning my grandaughter. I got through childhood with just a smallpox and polio vaccine. Both were probably unnecessary. I had every other childhood disease and besides being immune for life now, unlike temporary vaccine immunity, I passed the genetic test that Nature sets up to insure that weak bodies do not advance to procreation age.

Unwillingness to understand this hard to accept (emotionally) fact is one of the symptoms of humanity being at war with Nature/Gaia.

I will probably end up at war with some members for this comment. Hopefully not, because the same emotionalism that clouds the higher discernment is a huge contributing factor to why we have given our power over our bodies and minds to doctors, psychologists and politicians. The list could be larger, obviously.
    Last edited by modwiz; 13th July 2011 at 20:16.

18. Link to Post #11
    Retired
    Thanks

Onawah,Thanks for introducing the Canary party.this is a good video,the fact that there are a couple of doctors giving testimonies together with the mothers and other people only strengthen it even further (people tend to take more notice of a "professional" opinion) ,will it bring some change? I am sure it will,by exposing more and more to the risks via facts ,figures and the faces behind the statistics.
    will it bring THE change? I am not so sure.. the governments are insisted to take us via their agenda,and they will not give up on a well planned program.we need to learn to cut ourselvs from the system instead of asking their mercy.The best of luck to the Canary party nevertheless.

Ilie, I agree 100% with what you say.more and more we learn that we are our own doctors and our own carers wich remind me of the phrase:" if I am not going to be there for myself,who will?" but damn it,if you are not helping dear Docs,please,at least try not to spoil :-)

btw ,I believe that you know more about your body than your Doctor knows,you are just like me,I need to tell them this as well
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 13th July 2011 at 20:49.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), Lord Sidious (18th September 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011)

20. Link to Post #12
    Retired
    Thanks

Quote Originally posted by Modwiz:

"A good doctor is like a good police officer that does not want to write unneeded tickets. The system will punish them both for acting in accordance to their conscience rather than policy that is invariably set to maximize profits. Society is set up to make these people fear for their livelihood and thereboy elicit compliance in almost every case"

liked your Analogy Modwiz,it reminded me of this interview of a danish police officer that dared to say 'no' and to stand by what he believes.I went to search for it,and here it is - exactly like you described it (Bless those people who are the exceptions)

Talk about what Ilie wrote..imagine going to the doctor explaining that you suffer from 'Ascension symptoms'..
    (two guess: its either will cause the poor GP to browse nervously through his books or to reach the phone and call security to come and take you.lol - do not try this at home

not yet anyway
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 13th July 2011 at 21:05.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), karelia (13th July 2011), Lord Sidious (14th July 2011), modwiz (13th July 2011)

22. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

7 reasons schools should NOT mandate vaccines.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032997_ma...c_schools.html

Health authorities do not believe that your child is entitled to be educated unless he or she has first been indoctrinated and intoxicated by the demigods of vaccination. Parents who question the necessity and morality of this dangerous and invasive policy are derisively informed that unvaccinated children are a scourge on society. We are told that everyone -- your children and mine -- must be vaccinated or the "protective cocoon" will fail. Apparently, vaccines are a colossal waste of technology unless market share is complete!

Vaccines are not legally required for your child to enter school. Each state offers legal exemptions to "mandatory" injections. Health authorities rarely inform parents of their rights. If you are opposed to vaccines for your child, read your state vaccine laws and submit an exemption.

Some parents are not sure whether to vaccinate their children; it seems like a difficult decision. It may also be scary to oppose the authorities. However, vaccination may not be the right choice for your family. To help you see through the nonsense and confusion, I have compiled 7 reasons schools should NOT mandate vaccines.

1. Parents should not be obligated to play Russian Roulette with their children.

Vaccines pose serious risks. These hazards are acknowledged by vaccine manufacturers in their product inserts, documented in numerous studies, substantiated by the federal government's Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), and confirmed anecdotally by parents. For example, the MMR vaccine manufacturer concedes that diabetes, thrombocytopenia (a serious blood disorder), arthritis, encephalitis (brain inflammation), Guillain-Barre syndrome (paralysis), and death, have all been reported during clinical trials of its vaccine.

Peer-reviewed studies link the haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine to epidemics of type 1 diabetes, the hepatitis B vaccine to autoimmune and neurological disorders, and the flu vaccine to paralytic ailments. These are just a few examples. Medical and scientific journals contain hundreds of other peer-reviewed studies linking vaccines to debilitating ailments. (Many of these studies are summarized in the Vaccine Safety Manual.)

In addition, every year approximately 25,000 people file vaccine adverse reaction reports with the CDC. In the past 5 years, more than 21,000 young American females filed adverse reaction reports after receiving the new HPV vaccine. Thousands of these cases were labeled "serious," requiring hospitalization, resulting in life-threatening disabilities or death.

VAERS is a passive reporting system, so the number of people believed to be hurt by vaccines is vastly underreported. According to Dr. David Kessler, former head of the FDA, "only about 1 percent of serious events -- adverse drug reactions -- are reported."(1) This is confirmed by the Thinktwice Global Vaccine Institute, which receives unsolicited personal stories of vaccine damage every day. The families telling these dreadful stories rarely file official reports.

Of course, these stories do not constitute "proof" of vaccine damage -- at least no more than a child's cry after skinning his knee is "proof" of pain. However, patterns of adverse vaccine reactions are easily observed when unrelated families consistently report similar stories of healthy children prior to their shots and hospitalized children after their shots. These patterns tell a larger story.

A medical industry that errs on the side of denial rather than concern is backward and criminally negligent. In an enlightened healthcare community, we would listen to the larger story with sincerity, and opt to protect additional children from harm. Pretending that serious reactions to vaccines are rare does not make it true, incapacitates our children, and degrades our society. Since reputed vaccine risk-to-benefit ratios are bogus, and pharmaceutical shots are considerably more unsafe than officially acknowledged, it is morally unconscionable to mandate vaccines for entry into an educational institution.

2. Unvaccinated children cannot threaten vaccinated children if the shots are effective.

When students contract disease, vaccine proponents are quick to blame the outbreaks on unvaccinated children. Yet, the official data tells a different story: a majority of cases occur in fully vaccinated populations. Dr. William Atkinson, former senior epidemiologist with the CDC, admitted that "measles transmission has been clearly documented among vaccinated persons. In some large outbreaks...over 95% of cases have a history of vaccination."(2)

Similar problems with vaccine efficacy plague other vaccines as well. For example, in a recent outbreak of pertussis, 4 of every 5 people who contracted the disease were vaccinated against it.(3) In a large outbreak of mumps in the United States, 92% of the cases were in people who were vaccinated against mumps.(4) These outbreaks provide evidence that herd immunity -- the idea that when a proportion of people within a targeted population are immune to a disease, transmission rates are reduced -- may not apply to vaccinated populations. Vaccination and immunity are not synonymous.

Authorities claim that vaccines won't work for society unless a very high number of people in the targeted population -- school children -- take them. Apparently, unvaccinated children are a threat to the group. But this does not make sense. By this reasoning, the unvaccinated -- who are being coerced into taking the shots -- are somehow responsible for protecting the vaccinated. How ironic!

If some students are vaccinated, that's their family's choice. If other students are unvaccinated, that's their family's informed decision as well. Vaccinated students take their chances hoping to avoid serious adverse reactions, while unvaccinated students risk contracting the disease. However, if vaccinated students contract the disease, the shot was ineffective, NOT the fault of unvaccinated students. Officials ignore their own ineffective vaccine, choosing instead to smear the unvaccinated. Outrage should be vented in the proper direction -- at those who developed ineffective shots and falsely promoted a defective product.

3. Some vaccines required for school entry are clearly unnecessary.

Our children have become captive instruments of the vaccine industry, accessible by mandate to satisfy other purposes. For example, children rarely develop hepatitis B. In the United States, less than 1% of all reported hepatitis B cases occur in persons less than 15 years of age.

When the hepatitis B vaccine was initially introduced, 87% of pediatricians did NOT believe it was needed by their patients. Doctors knew that children rarely develop this disease. According to the hepatitis B vaccine manufacturer, children are targeted "because a vaccination strategy limited to high-risk individuals has failed."(5) In other words, because high-risk groups -- sexually promiscuous adults and IV drug users -- are difficult to reach or have rejected this vaccine, authorities are targeting children.

Authorities believe that by vaccinating children (a low-risk herd) they will protect unvaccinated adults (a high-risk herd). Since children are unlikely to contract hepatitis B, and studies show that vaccine efficacy declines after a few years, children are being subjected to all of the risks of the hepatitis B vaccine without the expected benefit.

The chickenpox vaccine is another drug that should not have been mandated for all children. It was available since the 1970s but authorities were reluctant to license and promote it because the disease is rarely dangerous and confers lifelong immunity. The vaccine, however, contains a weakened form of the virus; once injected, it remains in the body indefinitely. Authorities were concerned that it could reawaken years after the vaccination and cause serious problems. (Today, devastating epidemics of shingles have been linked to overuse of the chickenpox vaccine.)

In addition, the chickenpox vaccine was originally developed for children with leukemia or compromised immune systems, a small population at greater risk for complications from the disease. But vaccine manufacturers quickly sought a wider market for their potentially lucrative product. A study conducted by the CDC in 1985 determined that the vaccine was not necessary. However, in 1995 it was promoted as "cost-effective" -- rather than essential -- because moms and dads would not have to miss work and stay home (an average of 1 day) to care for their sick children. It was licensed shortly thereafter.

Before the chickenpox vaccine was licensed, doctors would encourage parents to expose their children to the disease while they were young. Doctors recommended this course of action because they knew that chickenpox is relatively harmless when contracted prior to the teenage years (but more dangerous in adolescents and adults). However, after the vaccine was licensed, the CDC began warning parents about the dangers of chickenpox. Doctors stopped encouraging parents to expose their children to this disease. Instead, they were told to have their children vaccinated against chickenpox.

These examples confirm that some vaccines required for school entry are NOT essential. School officials have become henchmen for the vaccine industry. Low-risk children are being force-vaccinated to protect high-risk adults or to increase the vaccine manufacturer's profits. Blackmailing families by threatening to withhold a child's education for refusing needless vaccines is a moral outrage.

4. Conflicts of interest permeate the vaccine industry.

Vaccine recommendations and other important healthcare decisions that affect our nation's children are frequently based on ulterior motives. Safety and protection are NOT always top priorities. Instead, authorities may be influenced by monetary considerations or the urge to manipulate undesirable study results. For example, in June of 2000, two separate yet highly significant events rocked the vaccine industry:

Event #1: Congress held a hearing to determine if "the entire process [of licensing and recommending vaccines] has been polluted and the public trust has been violated." Two years earlier, vaccine authorities had evidence that a new vaccine under consideration (for diarrhea!) was dangerous, yet that didn't stop them from licensing and recommending it for every child in the USA. Shortly thereafter, this vaccine was linked to numerous cases of a life-threatening intestinal blockage and baby deaths.

After this vaccine was withdrawn from the market, Congress discovered that 60% of the FDA advisory committee members who voted to license this defective vaccine, and 50% of the CDC advisory committee members who voted to recommend it for every child in the country, had financial ties to the drug company that produced the vaccine or to two other companies developing their own potentially lucrative competing vaccines. For example, an FDA committee member who voted to license the defective vaccine had received more than $250,000 per year in research funds from the drug company that made the vaccine.

A CDC committee member who voted to recommend the defective vaccine for every child was paid by the industry to travel around the country teaching doctors that vaccines are safe. In addition, he held a potentially lucrative patent on a similar vaccine under development! Despite this important Congressional expose', no one at the FDA, CDC, or U.S. Department of Health and Human Services admitted a problem, and claimed that it's perfectly acceptable for committee members with obvious conflicts of interest to make healthcare recommendations for every child in this country -- even when they stand to benefit financially from their own decisions!

Event #2: Just one week prior to the Congressional investigation into conflicts of interest within the vaccine industry, a top-secret meeting of high-level officials from the CDC, FDA, World Health Organization (WHO), and representatives from every major vaccine manufacturer, was held at the secluded Simpsonwood conference center in Norcross, Georgia. They had gathered to discuss an alarming new study that confirmed a link between thimerosal (mercury) in childhood vaccines and neurological damage, including recent dramatic increases in autistic spectrum disorders. According to the lead researcher, "We have found statistically significant relationships between the exposures and outcomes."(5)

Since 1991, when the CDC and FDA started requiring babies to receive multiple doses of thimerosal-laced hepatitis B, Hib, and the already mandated diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis shots (via DPT and DTaP), cases of autism skyrocketed. Dr. Robert Chen, head of vaccine safety for the CDC, congratulated the group for their apparent success thus far at being able to keep the incriminating data out of "less responsible hands." Dr. John Clements, WHO vaccine advisor, was more blunt, declaring that perhaps the CDC study "should not have been done at all."(6)

Instead of warning the public and recalling the dangerous vaccines, this small group of federal health officials and vaccine industry executives spent the weekend calculating how to cover up the truth -- and followed through on their plot over the next few years.

First, the CDC's vast database on childhood vaccines was removed from public access so that unbiased researchers could not confirm the study results. Next, the incriminating data from the original study was reworked, and the new version was published in a peer-reviewed journal. However, this time "no consistent significant associations were found between thimerosal-containing vaccines and neurodevelopmental outcomes."

Finally, to complete the deception, the CDC would need additional "proof" that thimerosal-laced vaccines are safe. According to Dr. Gordon Douglas, the director of strategic planning at the National Institutes of Health (and former president of vaccinations for Merck, a major vaccine manufacturer), four new studies were currently taking place "to rule out the proposed link between autism and thimerosal."

These two events -- the Congressional hearing on conflicts of interest within the vaccine licensing and recommendation process, and the secret Simpsonwood conference -- confirm that U.S. health authorities have lost their ethical bearings and have NOT made our children's safety a top priority. Requiring vaccines for school entry when they may have been added to the childhood immunization schedule simply to line the pockets of powerful authorities is dangerous and corrupt. Withholding a child's education for refusing vaccines when crucial studies purporting to prove their safety are bogus, is both reprehensible and indefensible. Thus, every family must remain free to accept or reject vaccines.

5. Recovery from natural disease provides advantages over artificial immunity.

Measles, mumps, rubella and chickenpox usually confer permanent immunity; the child will rarely contract these ailments again. In contrast, vaccines provide temporary immunity; protection is incomplete, requiring booster doses. Vaccinated children are still susceptible to the disease. Studies also indicate that childhood diseases can have a favorable effect on the child's immune system. When children overcome illnesses on their own, their immune systems are stimulated: they build resistance to other diseases in later life. For example, several studies show that women are less likely to develop ovarian cancer if they have had mumps in childhood.

6. Few people utilize exemptions.

In 1991, the CDC concluded that outbreaks of disease can be avoided if 70% to 80% of children are vaccinated. A 1992 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association confirmed that vaccination rates of "80% or less" should be sufficient to protect against disease outbreaks. Most parents obediently follow their doctor's orders and vaccinate their children. In addition, schools rarely publicize legal exemptions to "mandatory" vaccines. Thus, only about 2% of families file waivers to recommended shots. This number could substantially increase without threatening the notion of herd immunity.

7. Developed nations that require the most vaccines have the worst infant death rates.

In the United States, healthcare authorities, pediatricians, and school officials use coercive tactics to increase vaccination rates. Parents are intimidated and their children threatened with removal from school if vaccines are not "up to date." Other countries recommend fewer vaccines and do not require them for school entry; medical intervention is not compulsory, free will is honored, yet epidemics do not occur. Outbreaks of common ailments are manageable without requiring vaccines for school entry.

A new study published in Human and Experimental Toxicology -- I co-authored this paper -- found that developed nations with higher (worse) infant mortality rates tend to give their infants more vaccine doses. For example, the United States requires infants to receive 26 vaccines (the most in the world) yet more than 6 U.S. infants die per every 1000 live births. In contrast, Sweden and Japan administer 12 vaccines to infants, the least amount, and report less than 3 deaths per 1000 live births.

Our study found "a high statistically significant correlation between increasing number of vaccine doses and increasing infant mortality rates." This raises important questions: Would fewer vaccines administered to infants reduce the number of infant deaths? Would fewer vaccines given to school children actually improve their health? Mandatory vaccination for school entry must end.

Sources for this article include:

1. JAMA (June 2, 1993):2765.

2. FDA workshop. (September 18, 1992).

3. Euro Surveillance (May 2007);12(5).

4. CDC. MMWR (May 26, 2006);55(20):559-63.

5. As noted in the vaccine makers' product inserts.

6. Data accessed via the Freedom of Information Act.

Complete documentation for statements made in this article can be found in the Vaccine Safety Manual for Concerned Families and Health Practitioners.

About the author:
    Neil Z. Miller is a medical research journalist and the Director of the Thinktwice Global Vaccine Institute. He has devoted the last 25 years to educating parents and health practitioners about vaccines, encouraging informed consent and non-mandatory laws. He is the author of several books on vaccines, including
    Vaccine Safety Manual for Concerned Families and Health Practitioners; Make an Informed Vaccine Decision for the Health of Your Child (with Dr. Mayer Eisenstein); and Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective? Past organizations that he has lectured for include the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, the International College of Integrative Medicine, Autism One/Generation Rescue, the Hahnemann Academy of North America, and Dr. Gabriel Cousens' Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center. Mr. Miller is a frequent guest on radio and TV talk shows, has a degree in psychology, and is a member of Mensa.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/032997_ma...#ixzz1S6JKecla

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011)

24. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Perhaps One of the Most Unnecessary Vaccines Ever
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...l-vaccine.aspx
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=sqZ31...layer_embedded

Barbara Loe Fisher is a pioneer in vaccine education and safety, and the co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC). Over the past 25 years, she’s been appointed to several federal vaccine advisory committees as a consumer representative because of her leadership role in the area of consumer advocacy.

Here, she warns about the possibility of yet more doses of another vaccine being added to the routine infant vaccine schedule: the meningococcal vaccine for meningitis. Learn why this may not be a smart vaccine policy change and how you can, personally, give the CDC your opinion at public engagement meetings in Chicago and Denver this month.

Some parents have already spoken up at a recent forum on vaccines; some testifying for it, others riling against it. As reported by The Seattle Times:

"[W]hat poses the greater risk: vaccines, or the diseases they're made to prevent? Should all children undergo vaccination — and its risks — to prevent a relatively rare, but potentially dangerous disease?... For a full day, more than 100 people wrestled with questions of safety, cost and effectiveness of a vaccine for meningococcal meningitis, one of several types of the disease, which can cause inflammation of the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord."
    Sources:
    Video Transcript
    The Seattle Times July 12, 2011

Dr. Mercola's Comments:

Follow Dr. Mercola on Twitter Follow Dr. Mercola on Facebook

Yet another vaccine is now being seriously considered for inclusion on the childhood vaccination schedule: the meningococcal vaccine for meningitis. Barbara Loe Fisher, co-founder of the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) recently attended a vaccine stakeholder engagement meeting sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), where this topic was discussed. She was one of the few consumer representatives at this meeting.

What is Meningitis?

Meningitis is an inflammation of the meninges of your brain; basically, it's a brain inflammation. It can be caused by a few different kinds of organisms, including Neisseria meningococcal—which the meningococcal vaccine is geared toward—pneumococcal bacteria (Streptococcus pneumoniae), and Haemophilus influenza B. (The very first vaccines, smallpox, rabies vaccines, as well as other vaccines like pertussis, MMR and hepatitis B vaccine, can also cause brain inflammation in individual cases.)

Signs and symptoms of meningitis include:

Severe headache High fever In babies: high pitched screaming and arching of the back Rigid head and neck and extreme pain when trying to put your chin to your chest
    Vomiting Diarrhea Convulsions Confusion

Meningococcal disease is a serious disease that can result in the loss of limbs, brain damage, and death. The onset and progression can be swift, and requires urgent medical attention. So when you notice the kinds of symptoms listed above, you need to get checked out immediately.

Fortunately, meningitis can be effectively treated with intravenous antibiotics if caught in time, but therein also lies the crux.

"Often it moves so fast that if you're not paying attention and you don't get to the hospital—and of course this has been the argument [for the vaccine]—it can result in brain injury and death," Fisher says.

"But we have to look at the incidence. Right now, 20 percent of us carry Neisseria meningococcal organisms in the back of our throat at any one given time, and we're asymptomatic. What is it about people who could go on to have invasive meningococcal disease? That's what they really need to be looking at. What are the risk factors?

The other thing is that most of us, by the time we are teenagers, already have natural antibodies to Neisseria meningococcal… But what's going to happen when we no longer have the natural antibodies—when children are getting vaccinated at two, four, six, and 12 months, and you have vaccine-induced antibodies, which are not the same? [Vaccine induced] antibodies are not the same as the natural [antibodies]. We potentially have to change everything."

This is a very important point because most people don't realize that there's a distinct difference between vaccine-induced immunity, which is primarily measured by the number of antibodies in the blood (humoral immunity), and the kind of immunity produced after exposure to and recovery from the disease, which qualitatively superior because it is both cell mediated and humoral.

How Meningococcal Disease Spreads

Educating parents and children about how meningococcal disease spreads and can lead to severe complications may be far more important than imposing a universal use vaccine policy for all babies.

First; understand how it spreads. For example, you cannot catch Neisseria meningococcal simply by standing next to someone who has it. In order to catch it and spread it, you have to have an intimate exchange of saliva, such as kissing, or sharing toothbrushes or cups. You won't catch it from someone coughing in an elevator.

"People just don't have the basic information that they need to make informed choices," Fisher says. "I hope that people will take a serious look at this and give the CDC feedback, either at these city meetings or by writing to the CDC. Again, availability of the vaccine is one thing, but recommending it for everyone, which then turns into a state mandate, is something else."

Meningococcal Vaccine Now Considered for Babies…

The meningococcal vaccine is already recommended for young teens, 11-12 years old, and again at 16 years of age or as college freshmen. Now they want to add anywhere from three to four more doses at two months, four months, six months and 12 months of age.

"Here is the situation with this vaccine," Fisher says. "Neisseria meningococcal is only associated with about 1,400 to 3,000 cases [of meningitis] per year in the United States, out of 308 million Americans. There are five strains (serotypes): A, B, C, Y, and W135. A third to half of the cases of Neisseria meningococcal disease is caused by strain B. And that strain is NOT in the vaccine."

In children under the age of five, strain B is responsible for 66 to 70 percent of the cases of meningitis. Infants under the age of one are now the new target age group being considered for this vaccine recommendation—despite the fact that:

The bacterial strain responsible for the vast majority of the cases is NOT included in the vaccine, and
    In the last nine years, there has been an average of 16 fatalities per year from the Neisseria meningococcal infection in children under the age of 12 months.

The proposed policy is now to vaccinate EVERY child at two, four, six and 12 months, and then again at 11 to 12 years of age, and at 16 years of age. That's six doses of a meningococcal vaccine that does not cover 30 to 70 percent of the cases that actually occur, depending on the age group!

"You really have to take a look at the cost-benefit analysis," Fisher says.

You also have to look at the insertion of another vaccine into a schedule that already contains eight vaccines to be given at two, four, and six months of age. Where is the evidence showing that it is safe for an infant to receive all these vaccines in combination within the first six months of life? Where are the studies showing it will be safe to add a ninth vaccine?

There aren't any!

Remember that Natural Immunity is FAR Superior to Vaccine-Induced Immunity

Many believe that an immunization induces the same type of immunity that you would get from natural exposure to the infection. But that's simply not the case. This is well-documented, and I don't think any respectable scientist, who understands basic immunology, would dispute it. Natural exposure is far more likely to lead to permanent immunity while vaccine exposure almost always creates a temporary and typically far inferior immunity or fails to stimulate any immunity at all. This is why one dose of a vaccine doesn't work and why "booster" doses are needed to try to extend vaccine induced immunity.

"This is something that's not being looked at either," Fisher warns. "Are we going to become vaccine dependent? Are you going to see a mutation of this Neisseria meningococcal organism into a more virulent and a more prevalent form?..."

The primary reason why most outbreaks of meningitis occur among college students is that many freshmen, away from home for the first time, don't live a healthy lifestyle. There is usually a decline in their nutritional status combined with the stress of a new environment and disrupted sleeping habits—all of which can have a dramatic and detrimental impact on the healthy functioning of their immune system. A depressed immune system is going to be far less able to resist infections.

Is Six Doses of Yet Another Vaccine Within the First Year of Life Warranted?

The proposed vaccine policy change would be to recommend six doses of the meningococcal vaccine for every American child, with four of those doses given under age 12 months, for a disease that in the last nine years killed an average of 16 children per year under age 12 months in this country. Do those mortality statistics warrant spending multi-millions of scarce health care dollars to purchase four doses of meningococcal vaccine for every single child in America under 12 months old?

Meanwhile, at least 106,000 people die each and every year from taking properly prescribed prescription drugs. Why isn't something being done about prescription drug use if they're truly concerned about saving one life every two years?

I have to say that this proposed vaccine policy change does not appear rational —unless your primary justification for this recommendation is a financial one, for the benefit of the drug companies.

"I think the vaccine should be available for anyone who wants to use it," Fisher says. And I agree on this point. "The issue I have with a universal use recommendation by the CDC for meningococcal vaccine, for children under one, is that every time the CDC recommends a vaccine for universal use for children, in the last quarter century almost all of those vaccines have turned into state mandates. Meaning that, you don't have a choice.

That's really the overarching issue that has many parents concerned… It's not that the vaccines are being recommended; it's that the vaccines are being mandated. They are being forced on you. When anyone tries to make an educated voluntary decision, they are then thrown out of the doctor's office. They are harassed. They are threatened."

This is a situation with the potential to get explosive…

Has Anyone Done a Cost to Benefit Analysis?

"If you take an objective look at this potential universal-use recommendation by CDC for the [meningococcal] vaccine, you have a couple of issues," Fisher says. "First, you have a cost issue… The cost depends on if you get it in a public health clinic or in a private pediatrician's office, but we're looking at… about $60-100 per dose."

So that's upwards of $500-600 per child for this one vaccine alone. In the end we all pay for it one way or another since it's paid by either the parents or the government, who takes it from federal income taxes. Again, looking at the disease statistics, and the current cost of US health care as a whole, are four more doses of this vaccine truly warranted for every single baby under 12 months old in the US?

Vaccine Mandates Violate Health Freedom

The second issue is the potential for this recommendation to turn into state mandates. Texas recently mandated the meningococcal vaccine for freshmen college students. Fortunately, Texas has a conscientious belief exemption courtesy of the amazing work of Dawn Richardson, who is NVIC's Director of Advocacy and also founder of the Texas-based Parents Requesting Vaccine Education (PROVE).

"It's all about protecting our right to choose," Fisher says. "That is, if a mother wants to give her children – say there has been meningococcal disease in the family and the mother believes that her child may be at risk for meningococcal disease—certainly she should have the right to have access to a vaccine. But we should not be forced to use a vaccine that we do not believe is either safe, effective, or necessary for our children. We need to have that right.

I am very concerned about this proposed policy. That's why we have put out information that the CDC is holding public engagement meetings. There are meetings in Denver, in Chicago, and in Seattle. They have already held one in New Hampshire, to get input from the public about what the public thinks about the addition of this meningococcal vaccine to the under one-year-old recommended schedule.

I hope everyone weighs in, and if you can't get to the meeting that you will write to the CDC… Because again, it's one thing to make the vaccine available, it's quite another to recommend it for every child, and then force it."

It's important to take into consideration the very real possibility that the meningococcal vaccine most likely will become mandated, because the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) is part of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). So if the CDC recommends it, then that federal government recommendation will likely be relatively quickly turned into state mandates.

At that point, unless you live in a state that allows you to file and receive either a conscientious belief, philosophical or religious exemption to vaccination or you are able to find a medical doctor (M.D.) or doctor of osteopathy (D.O.) to write a medical exemption, your child will be required to receive four to six doses of the meningogoccal vaccine. If you don't receive your health care in a public health clinic, the meningococcal shots for your child may cost you as much as $500-600 dollars, in addition to the dozens of doses of other vaccines that are already mandated in states, in order for your child to be allowed to attend public school or many private schools, as well.

Protect Health Freedom—Get Involved Now

If you feel as strongly as we do about the right to exercise voluntary, informed consent to vaccination, and I hope you do, then I strongly encourage you to take an active role in voicing your opinion to the federal Centers for Disease Control (CDC). There are a few ways you can do this.

Write to the CDC to express your opinions on the proposed addition of more doses of meningococcal vaccine to the childhood vaccination schedule. Send your letter by July 30, 2011 and address it to:

Centers for Disease Control
    c/o Michael Hughes
    The Keystone Center
    1600 Broadway, #1920
    Denver, CO 80202

You can also email a copy of your letter to NVIC at ContactNVIC@gmail.com. Let NVIC know if you give permission for your letter to be publicly posted (without your address) on NVIC's website at NVIC.org.
    Attend one of the public meetings sponsored by the CDC and facilitated by The Keystone Center at the following locations (Admission is free but to participate, attendees must be willing to stay for the full day):

Thursday, July 21 in Chicago. Holiday Inn, Chicago O'Hare Airport, 5615 North Cumberland Ave., Chicago, IL. 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Online registration: http://keystone.org/registration/chicago Phone 1-866-276-7083, Fax: 970-262-0152. Event flyer: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22CLZMMQ2B9/

Monday, July 25, Denver. Mt. Yale Conference Room, Children's Hospital of Colorado, 13123 East 16th Ave., Aurora, CO 80045. 9:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Online Registration: http://keystone.org/registration/july25denver Phone: 1-866-276-7083. Fax: 970-262-0152. Event Flyer: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22CM4FWRRF7/
    Sign up for the free NVIC Advocacy Portal, which will help you take action in your state to protect your right to know and freedom to decide which vaccines you want for yourself and your children. NVIC is educating citizens about how to stand up for the human right to informed consent to medical risk-taking, specifically the legal right to make informed, voluntary vaccine choices.

Get involved and protect your right to file and receive legal exemptions to vaccination, including medical, religious and conscientious or philosophical belief exemptions, which you will need even more in the future if meningococcal vaccine and many other vaccines are added to government vaccine recommendations and mandates.

Related Links:
    Doctors in Denial About Vaccine Reactions?
    Latest Vaccine News
    Why Vaccine-Injured Kids are Rarely Compensated

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Its so true, I manage a Starbux, these drug reps come in every day bringing lattes and cappucinos to the doctors office, 8,10,12 drinks, enough for everyone in the office, these same doctors get these drinks from different reps multiple times in a day. Its a bit unsettling knowing that the drug that gets prescribed to you may depend on how many lattes your doctors office was brought that day. Its a sick system. DONT GET SICK, is my message.
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), modwiz (20th July 2011)

27. Link to Post #16
    Ilie Pandia

Quote 2. Unvaccinated children cannot threaten vaccinated children if the shots are effective.
    However, if vaccinated students contract the disease, the shot was ineffective, NOT the fault of unvaccinated students. Officials ignore their own ineffective vaccine, choosing instead to smear the unvaccinated. Outrage should be vented in the proper direction -- at those who developed ineffective shots and falsely promoted a defective product.
    That such an important argument . I just wanted to point at it again in case got missed in the big text.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), modwiz (20th July 2011), onawah (15th July 2011)

29. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What You Should Know About Meningococcal Disease &
    The Vaccine

by Barbara Loe Fisher

Today, pediatricians give American babies as many as 33 doses of 13 different vaccines by 12 months of age. Now, federal public health officials are considering recommending that doctors give four more doses of a new vaccine - meningococcal vaccine - to babies between two and 12 months old in addition to the two doses children already get at 11 and 16 years old.

Big Questions About Necessity

There are big questions about the necessity, effectiveness, safety and cost of this new proposed change to the child vaccination schedule.

Meningococcal Disease Rare in the U.S.

Invasive Neisseria meningococcal disease is a bacterial infection that involves inflammation of the meninges of the brain and can lead to a serious blood infection. It is very rare in the United States. In our population of 308 million, there are between 1400 and 3000 cases every year that fluctuate with natural cycles...
    watch the video and read the entire commentary with links to references:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=X0sKJ...layer_embedded

Sign up for NVIC's free Advocacy Portal at NVICAdvovacy.org and protect your vaccine choices.

In The News

131 Children Vaccinated at Gunpoint - "About 131 children from Nsanje who fled into neighboring Mozambique during the anti-measles [campaign] a few months ago were vaccinated this week at gunpoint. The children, belonging to Zion and Atuma Churches were taken into Mozambique by their parents to hide them from officials, fearing they might get vaccinated. According to Dr. Medison Matcaya, District Health Officer for Nsanje, medics went to vaccinate the children in Nsanje under police escort..." - Mike Lanya-Lulanga M. Malawi Voice, July 8, 2011.

We Don't Know Enough About Childhood Vaccines, Researcher Asks: Are 36 doses of vaccines by age 2 too much, too little or just right? "The topics of vaccines and vaccine safety spark emotional outbursts at scientific meetings and family dinner tables alike. But many of these debates are remarkably fact-free. Surprisingly few people - not just concerned parents but also doctors, policymakers and even immunization experts - can answer this seemingly simple question: How many immunizations does the federal government recommend for every child during the first two years of life? The answer is important because most states, including Maryland, faithfully follow the recommendations of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, codifying CDC guidelines into requirements for children to enroll in school, kindergarten, preschool and child care. A new Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health study reports that the higher the proportion of infants and toddlers receiving recommended vaccines, the higher the state's rate of children diagnosed with autism or speech-language problems just a few years later..."
    - Margaret Dunkle, Baltimore Sun, July 11, 2011.

Parents Have Good Reason to Distrust Childhood Vaccines - "Steven L. Salzberg's response to Margaret Dunkle's vaccination op-ed is itself a study in fear-mongering and ignorance ("Sun prints dangerous anti-vaccination op-ed," July 14). It is precisely because of the condescending and uninformed views of Dr. Salzberg that parents are losing confidence in the CDC mandated vaccination program. Salzberg is "deeply concerned" that the op-ed piece will lead to decreased uptake of vaccination and increased morbidity due to vaccine-preventable infectious diseases. Fair enough, but how about a comment from him on the following points: The co-author of the 2002 epidemiological study from the Journal of Pediatrics cited by Dr. Salzberg is currently under federal indictment for stealing money from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His credibility is in doubt, as is that of the entire study..."
    - Josh Mazer, Baltimore Sun, July 16, 2011.

Are Vaccines Safe for Kids? - "For some people, vaccinating infants and children against preventable disease is a part of childhood, like baby teeth and tricycles.
But critics say vaccines cause more harm than good. Vaccinations can have dangerous physical side effects, they add.

Such conflicting messages can create a dilemma for parents as they wonder what to believe.

A national survey released in June of 376 households found that 80 percent of parents are uncomfortable getting their children vaccinated. Still, 95 percent said they would get the vaccinations..." - Becky Orr, Wyoming News, July 17, 2010.

30. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

great thread Limor.

i recently had lunch with a doctor/friend of mine. she's very aware of my negative feelings towards conventional medicine and sympathizes with many of them, though still remains very embedded in the pharmaceutical matrix, if you will. because we usually become argumentative if we discuss wellness/treatment of disease etc, we rarely ever do.

yesterday was an exception. not sure how it came up, but we were discussing cancer when she surprised me and said rather definitively that "There will never be a cure for cancer." my natural reaction is to bring up things like 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide, mms, ph therapy, iodine etc, but I caught myself, knowing that it would likely lead to a pointless debate at best, an argument at worse. so after a moment or two, i just asked "why?" her response: "There's too much money in it."

now, like most of you, i already know that the pharm cartel is getting rich suppressing cures and really does not want to discover the "magic pill", but hearing it from a well-respected MD in such a matter of fact way made quite an impression on me.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), Limor Wolf (20th July 2011), modwiz (20th July 2011), onawah (20th July 2011)

32. Link to Post #19
    Retired
    Thanks

Onawah, Thanks for the vast information about the risks and faults of vaccines,there is always an extra meaning and validity for the public when it comes from those who are or were inside the system,so thank you very much for the information.I hope that we can spread it between our acquaintances,family friends etc and it will make them consider this issue so they will not automaticaly comply with this social consensus.

Chinaski,

Life never cease to surprise :)

But I believe that some of the many MD's can see the relevent connection between the pressure that is exerted on them,also the heavy marketing and the pushing of giving drugs to patients and the corruption of the pharmaceutical companies,But it is more convenient to stay under the umbrella of the health system and to be able to publish studies that goes hand in hand with it and not against it... and like in any other area of our life,luckiely there are the few that put the real welfare of their patients first.of course,there are always (the majority) those that can not 'see'.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd July 2011), Mike (20th July 2011)

34. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

it just seems obvious that the healthcare industry should be non-profit to avoid all the highly unethical conflicts of interests, though surely some will argue that it will lessen the motivation to find cures for diseases etc. but since these pharm cartels aren't interested in cures anyway, and since the closest things we have to cures are in the form of nutritional supps, herbs etc, i say 'who cares?'

Japan's hospitals are strictly non-profit, and this should be the model for the rest of the world imho. of course, their docs make commission on every prescription they write, so they are not without corruption. but hey, its a start.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

crosby (23rd July 2011), Limor Wolf (20th July 2011), modwiz (20th July 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast