1. Link to Post #621
    Australia Avalon Member Lily de Cuir's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,453 times in 438 posts

Default Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

Hello Ulli!

Thank you so much for your time with this thread. Great information. Wondering, if you have the time of course, to look at my chart and that of my son?

I will PM details.

Thank you so much!

Cheers,
    Lily

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lily de Cuir For This Post:

ulli (6th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #622
    United States Avalon Member Shamz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Ulli !
    Hope you are doing well ! I sent you a PM couple of weeks ago about my astrology reading. I am sure you must be very busy since lot of people are asking you and its so wonderful of you that you are handling all the requests. If you get time can you please tell something about my reading - appreciate that, If you can't do this because of work - I understand completely - no worries.
    Love
    ~~ Much Love
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in ( I am You and You are me )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shamz For This Post:

5. Link to Post #623
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

How can you live spontaneously/at ease/at all when you have figured out the people and events around and before you?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

christian (6th September 2011), ulli (6th September 2011)

7. Link to Post #624
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,208 times in 2,967 posts

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    How can you live spontaneously/at ease/at all when you have figured out the people and events around and before you?
    It's all potentials and probabilities, not so much certainties.
    In order to function in this world and support other people and events most effectively, it is advantageous, to know where the potentials and probabilities are, I think.
    Because there are virtually no certainties, one always has to adapt anyways.
    And even if some stuff would be set in stone and you would suffer from a Cassandra-like fate, you still are left with the choice of how to deal with it within yourself, that should keep you busy. In every situation you have a choice and you can make a difference, no matter how small it is, a contribution is never in vain.

Being at ease is an issue in and of itself, I guess.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

modwiz (28th September 2011), Sierra (6th September 2011), ulli (6th September 2011)

9. Link to Post #625
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

When I weigh my own spontaneity and impulsiveness
    ( Mars conjunct Mercury in Aquarius -which can mean tactlessness)
    against my more cautious Capricorn nature I came to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try,
    both personalities still manage to manifest...though at different times.
    Despite 30 years of astro practice.
    But at least I'm conscious now of what I'm doing, and can see more quickly where I went against my own deeper principles.
    I try to be fair to myself, as well as others.

The main question is: is it possible to be spontaneous and still have self awareness or self knowledge?

It depends what your basic beliefs and goals are.
    If all that matters is that a person gets to let it all hang out, not ever considering how others would feel,
    just so they can feel good about themselves, we will never get to a society where there is harmony.
    All have to be considered, the one and the whole.
    This is what higher consciousness is about.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

christian (6th September 2011), Sierra (6th September 2011)

11. Link to Post #626
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shamz (here)
    Hi Ulli !
    Hope you are doing well ! I sent you a PM couple of weeks ago about my astrology reading. I am sure you must be very busy since lot of people are asking you and its so wonderful of you that you are handling all the requests. If you get time can you please tell something about my reading - appreciate that, If you can't do this because of work - I understand completely - no worries.
    Love
    Hi Shamz...yes, your name is in the box...together with many others who wanted a reading. I pull out a paper when I feel like tackling. I do it lottery style.

I have been busy lately and also not felt like doing astrology readings`at all.
    I get like that at times. Right now my husband is ill and needs attention.
    I know I sometimes still post on other threads at Avalon, but that's the main reason why I am here, just like the other members.

If it is really urgent why don't you google "free astrology chart reading", or go to www.astro.com.
    There is a lot more free stuff there than I can ever offer.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

christian (6th September 2011), Shamz (6th September 2011)

13. Link to Post #627
    United States Avalon Member Shamz's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much for replying Ulli - much appreciated
    I am absolutely not in any kind of hurry to know about the reading - just for curiosity sake I gave you my name/details. I know that whatever is supposed to happen - will happen no matter what. So astrology/numerology/psychic readings etc - just a guide/tool to take little care in what/how you do your work.
    Your husband's health and of course yours comes first and should no way be compromised. I will pray for your husband's health for sure.
    Take care and keep spreading the love.

thanks
    ~~ Much Love
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in ( I am You and You are me )

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shamz For This Post:

Limor Wolf (6th September 2011), ulli (6th September 2011)

15. Link to Post #628
    Thanks

I opened this thread initially as a discussion thread for astrology,
    and to help people BE astrologers, and USE the web to study their own charts...
    it is all out there, and much is for free, computer generated...

But it has turned into a bit of a chore...and sometimes rather overwhelming,
    as I'm having guilt feelings that I can't attend everyone. Right now I just need a break.

For every chart I do five new people beg me to do theirs...it's just endless.

I have the Moon in Taurus, which means my first impulse is to oblige...
    then I realize I can't do it...
    then the stubborn Taurus resistence comes in...until I feel conflict.

So for now: no more until further notice.

Wow, I said it...what a relief!

One piece of advice: when a person learns the teeniest lesson and makes a willing step towards the world they want to be living in, which is a world of reciprocal maintenance, or one of give and take, then life opens the flood gates and good luck returns.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

araucaria (7th September 2011), Calz (6th September 2011), christian (6th September 2011), dan33 (6th September 2011), Limor Wolf (6th September 2011), modwiz (28th September 2011), Shamz (7th September 2011), Sierra (6th September 2011), spelsylver (6th September 2011)

17. Link to Post #629
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

Ah, I've a moon in Taurus too, Ulli — it can get a bit much at times :-)

You take all the time you need. If you're not smiling when you log into Avalon, it's going wrong :-)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

christian (6th September 2011), ulli (6th September 2011)

19. Link to Post #630
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Take a break ulli! I hope your husband feels better soon ... much much better.

Sierra

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

21. Link to Post #631
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chiquetet (here)
    It's all potentials and probabilities, not so much certainties.
    In order to function in this world and support other people and events most effectively, it is advantageous, to know where the potentials and probabilities are, I think.
    Because there are virtually no certainties, one always has to adapt anyways.
    And even if some stuff would be set in stone and you would suffer from a Cassandra-like fate, you still are left with the choice of how to deal with it within yourself, that should keep you busy. In every situation you have a choice and you can make a difference, no matter how small it is, a contribution is never in vain.

Being at ease is an issue in and of itself, I guess.
    What you give here is a description of life which is in itself a collection of potentials and probabilities. No need for astrology to come thusfar.

If we would say that astrology limits the scope of those life-given potentials to your personal data, it would entail the certainty of exclusion of the potentials that aren't aligned with your astrodata, or: your possibilities are limited.

So, if there are no certainties and if also from an astrological point of view this is acknowledged, why not just live life as it comes and indeed deal with each event to the best of one's abilities?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

23. Link to Post #632
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    against my more cautious Capricorn nature I came to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try,
    But at least I'm conscious now of what I'm doing, and can see more quickly where I went against my own deeper principles.

The main question is: is it possible to be spontaneous and still have self awareness or self knowledge?

If all that matters is that a person gets to let it all hang out, not ever considering how others would feel,
    just so they can feel good about themselves, we will never get to a society where there is harmony.
    I support the search for a higher consciousness but I doubt that (most) people see astrology as a means to do just that (which is probably why you came up with this thread in the first place).

I did those free charts and all that and I find the parts interesting that speak about my personality but then they start elaborating about how my marital life will be (if any), how much I will (not) earn, whether or not I will have (m)any) children and whether I will live life until a long age and that's where I start getting ... problematic.

That last part does not give any peace if it has anything negative in it. You may regard it as just a possibility that may or may not happen but it's always there lurking in the shadow. It tends to become a fight where you fearfully try to ward off the worse possibilities described in your birth chart and life should be easier than that.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Calz (6th September 2011), ulli (6th September 2011)

25. Link to Post #633
    Thanks

I support the search for a higher consciousness but I doubt that (most) people see astrology as a means to do just that (which is probably why you came up with this thread in the first place).

I did those free charts and all that and I find the parts interesting that speak about my personality but then they start elaborating about how my marital life will be (if any), how much I will (not) earn, whether or not I will have (m)any) children and whether I will live life until a long age and that's where I start getting ... problematic.

That last part does not give any peace if it has anything negative in it. You may regard it as just a possibility that may or may not happen but it's always there lurking in the shadow. It tends to become a fight where you fearfully try to ward off the worse possibilities described in your birth chart and life should be easier than that.
    There are many more paths than just astrology. Most paths claim to be the only one but that is not true.
    Even the Gurdjieff teachings, which are called the Fourth Way, can become a bit dogmatic.
    Gurdjieff had divided the search for higher consciousness into three paths: the way of the fakir...physical disciplines.
    The second is the way of the monk, with religious practises developing devotion, an emotional excercise, and the third was the way of the yogi...mental and meditation training, which would lead to higher mind powers.
    Then Gurdjieff schools were to integrate all those three other practises, thus he called it the Fourth Way.
    Each person is nowadays confronted with an enormous number of choices, which is marvellous.
    When someone finds astrology is for them they become very excited.
    Then they start reading, and some is absorbed while some is rejected, and so the search goes on.

If you say that you find the part that speaks about your personality is of interest, then stay with that for a while. If you take just one of those planets, say your Venus isin Aquarius, it could become a three week study course, as there is so much to read about it...so many newsletters, websites, endless info just on what it 's like to have Venus in Aquarius, and who has it, and what their love life is like.

After a while of studying this you will start noticing a change taking place in how you relate to people, just as a result of having focused on your Venus.
    These inner changes then bring about outer changes, such as who you interact with, and how.
    It is a slow and very subtle process, and makes life really interesting.

When the inner universe is explored by just one person, then a ripple effect starts, and the outer world follows suit.
    Even if only 5% of the world's population study this, and aim for inner peace by balancing their planets, then the outer effect should be amazing.

The same would be true for palmistry, although it didn't appeal to me as much as a field of study. But the truth can be found there, too. It's a matter of personal taste.
    Last edited by ulli; 6th September 2011 at 21:41.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (6th September 2011), christian (7th September 2011), Sierra (13th September 2011)

27. Link to Post #634
    Thanks

About that negativity: I had a hard time with that myself, and sometimes still do.
    But on the whole I am less fearful than someone who doesn't practice it.
    Studying astrology got me to study fear itself, and how anticipating bad things can bring them about.

But I also made another discovery...once when anticipating some really negative transits with full terror,
    when the date finally arrived, the events that happened, although they fitted the planets in question,
    in actuality were much weaker than expected...
    as if whatever karma I had to burn got used up already in the period of anticipation.

The general argument whether astrological predictions are useful, or not,
    can be compared to how we feel about weather forecasts.
    Some people watch them all the time, some never.
    Some need them to know when to board up their houses...if a hurricane is on the way.
    So if I'm in a month where Pluto squares my Mars, and then during that same month
    Mars transits via squaring my Uranus as well,
    I don't do anything risky, but rather go within.
    It's a bit scary, but it also prompts one to meditate and pray, which is always a good idea.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 6th September 2011 at 22:18. Reason: fix quote'ing

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

christian (7th September 2011), PurpleLama (6th September 2011)

29. Link to Post #635
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

http://www.new-astrology.com/index.php
    I have had a lot of fun with this one that was posted early on in this thread. Anyone wanting a reading should definitely check this one out as well.

30. Link to Post #636
    Thanks

So, if there are no certainties and if also from an astrological point of view this is acknowledged, why not just live life as it comes and indeed deal with each event to the best of one's abilities?
    It's a good question, but let's look at "there are NO certainties..."
    there are loads of certainties in life, which people then accomodate themselves around.
    Such as daylight fading every 24 hours...at dusk....
    people use watches to time such events.

It's all just a matter of scale.

The earth's axis of a 23 degrees angle means summer and winter seasons...
    farmers wouldn't plant seeds in the ground in Canada in October.
    There is a winter coming, that much is certain.

Astrology is a language, and can be used as a weather forecast.
    But it also can be used as a consciousness raising tool, if one wants to monitor oneself,
    and look into where one's thoughts arise, or how one's emotions are triggered.

The fact is that access to astrology has been limited for centuries,
    and the masses have been told it is a pseudo science, when in fact it is extremely rich.
    Like ufologists, astrologers have had to deal with media blackouts, except for the clown shows.
    That alone should raise flags.

So many things are really detrimental to people's health, yet there is no ridiculing going on.
    Why then with astrology?

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (6th September 2011), Carmody (7th September 2011), christian (7th September 2011), Sierra (13th September 2011)

32. Link to Post #637
    Thanks

I went and registered at new-astrology.com...
    I had been using it to get data quickly and ran out of freebies there.
    So now I'm a paying customer.

Well, I thought, at least let me check the site and see what it has to offer me.

For the last month I have had Uranus (ruler of astrology)
    sextile my natal Mars (action planet), so to me it made perfect sense that I was being active in this thread...
    especially as my natal Mars is in the 6th house (work, detailed work) and in Aquarius (the waker-upper knowledge pourer)

Well, here is what this website had to tell me about this transit:
    The owner Frank Burns is from Alaska but lives in France, so he zeenks like a Frenchman now, hehe...

"You will be attracted by a virile, strong man with an out-of-the-ordinary personality: he will certainly be a bit brusque, will speak roughly to you and will be harsh with you. That will please you as it gives you a sense of security and you will not have to take yourself in hand because he will decide everything for you. It is likely that when the influence of this transit has disappeared, you will regret this choice."

I suppose Frank Burns assumes that all women who use his program are single.
    Unless the man in question is out there, but until now I haven't noticed him.
    (I wonder what my darling hubby of 21 years marriage would make of this....ooops, he needs another tea)

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (6th September 2011), christian (7th September 2011), Sierra (7th September 2011)

34. Link to Post #638
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

That is an interesting point of observation.

I learned a lot about astro many years ago ... but chose only to look at things when I felt the urge and not follow the day to day aspects.

Everyone is different. I know Carmody is so sensitive he likes to be aware of what is coming energetically.

Aside from moon phases I tend to ignore it.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

modwiz (28th September 2011), Sierra (7th September 2011), ulli (9th September 2011)

36. Link to Post #639
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)

That is an interesting point of observation.

I learned a lot about astro many years ago ... but chose only to look at things when I felt the urge and not follow the day to day aspects.

Everyone is different. I know Carmody is so sensitive he likes to be aware of what is coming energetically.

Aside from moon phases I tend to ignore it.
    My point exactly. People map their own lives according to their needs.
    If you are born like me, with many squares and oppositions,
    but also with a prominent Jupiter (search) and strong Aquarius factors (curiosity)
    it's only a matter of time before astrology comes along to help temper your life.

You being a Libra probably built personality traits
    to give you that protection long before you even knew about astrology,
    so are not as vulnerable as some.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (7th September 2011), Sierra (7th September 2011)

38. Link to Post #640
    United States Avalon Member elainebab5's Avatar
    Thanks

I applaud your candor. Had I not skipped the middle of the thread I might have seen all the chart requests.
    And empathize - I loved sewing until I started doing alterations.
    'nuf said.
    I went to the first site mentioned and got a chart for Andrew and I - wow and wow.
    You can bet I'll be back with tons of questions.
    I am aiming to know myself as well as YOU know YOURself. That is awesome. But first I'm concentrating on understanding Andrew's chart. He is so empathetic, can judge character usually before I do and he's twelve. No strange "Mommy that low hum is the voices telling us to get underground" conversations - just that his hunches are usually right and when he was little he didn't even know the words to express them. And he's really funny with a fantastic sense of humor and wit. I'm off to figure out what is envionrmental and what he's born with. Onward and upward! Thanks for your honesty and encouragement.
    Peace Out!!! Elaine

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elainebab5 For This Post:

christian (7th September 2011), ulli (9th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst 1 22 32 34 LastLast