Thread: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    As above, so below.
    After over 6000 years of playing and correcting, in the modern scientific sense, properly done astrology has an accuracy rating of 85%. this is due to the point of...well..check this correlation out: Conception of a child (insemination of the female egg) and comparison to the 'time' of the live birth approximately 9 months later..., has a variation of ...... 15%! Fancy that. This is why the older astrology groups or systems are tied to the date of conception the child, not the birth. The moment of inception of the pattern of energy that becomes you, the unfolding of you, from the exact original point. Hebrew astrology was and is done in this way. This is why in the original way of doing things -in the Hebrew religion, the child's conception date was the thing that allowed them to be of the priestly and thus ruling class.
    what you say here in this paragraph is interesting Carmody.
    There has been quite a debate about this already...I recently read a book that totally denounces modern astrology (Jung)
    in favour of the ancient methods...
    yet...
    and here are my thoughts
    if we are entering a period of mankind's development where sovereignty of the individual is increased
    and that means also an increase in personal power, and less dependency on destiny
    then the planets that appear at the moment of birth and indicate our psychological make-up
    can act as a challenge... psychological tendencies that if overcome bring us right into an enlightened state.
    And in such state we can manifest the desires of our hearts...creating our own utopia,
    and thus contributing to the collective utopia...

where we can become masters of ourselves, thus changing our time lines...
    no longer bound by the restrictions that earlier life times imposed on us.
    This what the alchemists are supposedly all about.

Stepping out of the shadow of the big man.

Which is why the druids/shamen, and the geometry-function are considered to be the origins of the elevation of man and the origins of the secret societies.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), Calz (15th July 2011), Fred Steeves (16th July 2011), Inaiá (3rd April 2014), modwiz (16th July 2011), pickle (15th July 2011), ulli (15th July 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by 161803398 (here)
    On October 14, 1955 at 1.24 a.m. in Omaha the actual Sun was in Virgo as were Mercury, Neptune, Venus and Mars (which was just on the border of Leo). Jupiter was in Leo and Saturn was in Libra . I believe Cancer was rising. I can't find the moon and don't have time to look but you get the idea. I love astrology...but the problem I have with it is that when the old charts were taken up again after being suppressed by the Church for so long, people had forgotten about precession. So now astrologers are using outdated charts. So this is what gets confusing for people who tend to follow the personality traits they are told they have based on old charts.
    Really ... hmmm ... what is the source of church suppression??? Would not surprise me. I was never a professional but I don't remember hearing that. There was something about a 13th house (or sign ... cannot remember).

So you are using current software to be able to determine that?

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Just had a B-day the last 24 and born 12:07am with a gemini soulmate who procrastinates, and sets himself into stressful situations because of it. I have always felt at one with planetary effects on the planet and one's birth sign. I am caretaker!
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 15th July 2011 at 19:00.

5. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

This comes from this site: http://www.new-astrology.com/index.p...al&command=new

On the right side bar-- the ability to find this chart of the 'value' of the given astrological alignments will appear, after the basic chart as been completed.

Fascinating. Thanks Carmody. Will definitely have to check into that site!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Calz For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by pickle (here)
    Hi Ulli, may I take you up on your kind offer? Data on its way by pm, many thanks!

Pickle
    Hi Pickle
    I'm just describing the first things that jumped at me...I may leave out some essentials, perhaps others here can fill in those gaps
    Your Pisces self with Venus there as well is gentle, compassionate, self sacrificing..HOWEVER you have Mars in Sag, square venus, and that means you are
    a) never home,
    b) women are from another planet,
    and c) the nice trine between Venus and your Saturn in Scorpio means you will push some old lady's wheel chair before you face your lover at a romantic dinner.

Your partnerships are karmic...and you know it the instance you meet someone. (Pluto in 7th 150 angle north node)
    Kids bring joy.
    Health issues could be circulation-based...watch your arteries.
    Sometimes illnesses that are so weird/rare no one can diagnose them. (Uranus in the sixth house, Aquarius Asc.)

All 1954 births into 1955 have Saturn in Scorpio...so that brings sex issues...either by guilt, or not finding a compatible partner.
    Mars was at the Midheaven...ninth house, in Sagittarius...so quite a bit of travel to do with your work...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

pickle (15th July 2011), Star (20th July 2011)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

On October 14, 1955 at 1.24 a.m. in Omaha the actual Sun was in Virgo as were Mercury, Neptune, Venus and Mars (which was just on the border of Leo). Jupiter was in Leo and Saturn was in Libra . I believe Cancer was rising. I can't find the moon and don't have time to look but you get the idea. I love astrology...but the problem I have with it is that when the old charts were taken up again after being suppressed by the Church for so long, people had forgotten about precession. So now astrologers are using outdated charts. So this is what gets confusing for people who tend to follow the personality traits they are told they have based on old charts.

Astrology is based on the spring equinox as the starting point, nothing to do with the constellations of stars.
    At the time astrology was first introduced those constellations were named as a refence point..ie the first degree of Aries coincided with the first fixed star in that constellation.
    I've explained this previously...the constellation argument is basically introduced by those who use astrology secretly and want to confuse the public about how it really works.
    It was never about constellations, it was about the geometric energy lines criss-crossing the entire cosmos, far distant galaxies included.
    Then those energies are filtered through our own solar system planets.
    I'll find some articles about it...I think Robert Hand was the one who explained it much better than I ever could.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (15th July 2011), Carmody (15th July 2011), Fred Steeves (16th July 2011), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), modwiz (16th July 2011), Violet (15th November 2014)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

An interesting potential Correlation:

It has been found that there are 36 different basic facial types in the human physical sphere of existence.

Astrology has 36 different 10 degree 'decans'.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

aranuk (3rd January 2012), astrid (16th July 2011), Calz (15th July 2011), modwiz (16th July 2011), pickle (15th July 2011), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), ulli (15th July 2011)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Astrology is based on the spring equinox as the starting point, nothing to do with the constellations of stars.
    At the time astrology was first introduced those constellations were named as a refence point..ie the first degree of Aries coincided with the first fixed star in that constellation.
    I've explained this previously...the constellation argument is basically introduced by those who use astrology secretly and want to confuse the public about how it really works.
    It was never about constellations, it was about the geometric energy lines criss-crossing the entire cosmos, far distant galaxies included.
    Then those energies are filtered through our own solar system planets.
    I'll find some articles about it...I think Robert Hand was the one who explained it much better than I ever could.
    The energies are the scalar energies which are outside of time and space, but still integrate with and form interference patterns with this stuff we call 'matter'. Thus the cyclic and shifting energy patterns of life in the earthbound sphere.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (15th July 2011), modwiz (16th July 2011), pickle (15th July 2011), TWINCANS (18th July 2011), ulli (15th July 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 294 posts

Hi Pickle
    I'm just describing the first things that jumped at me...I may leave out some essentials, perhaps others here can fill in those gaps
    Your Pisces self with Venus there as well is gentle, compassionate, self sacrificing..HOWEVER you have Mars in Sag, square venus, and that means you are
    a) never home,
    b) women are from another planet,
    and c) the nice trine between Venus and your Saturn in Scorpio means you will push some old lady's wheel chair before you face your lover at a romantic dinner.

Your partnerships are karmic...and you know it the instance you meet someone. (Pluto in 7th 150 angle north node)
    Kids bring joy.
    Health issues could be circulation-based...watch your arteries.
    Sometimes illnesses that are so weird/rare no one can diagnose them. (Uranus in the sixth house, Aquarius Asc.)

All 1954 births into 1955 have Saturn in Scorpio...so that brings sex issues...either by guilt, or not finding a compatible partner.
    Mars was at the Midheaven...ninth house, in Sagittarius...so quite a bit of travel to do with your work...
    Ulli, that is so accurate it's left me stuck for words, especially b) and c) !!!!

Strange... the bit in bold, it's something that I found overwhelming as a youngster - I didn't like it and worked at suppressing it (felt kinda spooky), but the last few years it's been getting stronger again, now really appreciate it, though these last few years has brought many changes to all of us I think.

Thanks so much Ulli,

Pickle
    "...when I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone....."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pickle For This Post:

ulli (15th July 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Sacred geometry and Astrology have always intrested me alot, which is strange because I otherwise shy away from things that tend to be 'supernatural'.

I never really thought about the 2 being related though, intresting.

I've never looked into my own chart, all I know is I'm apparently Gemini, third phase.. or something. No idea what that means. Does anyone know a good source or link that could show me how to do mine and other people's charts? Or just learn about all sorts of astrology in general? (rather then a site doing it for me)

I once heard that Vedic astrology and Western astrology are actually linked in some way, something to do with "past lives", although I'm blanking on a source (if there even was one, it might of been a conversation I had, I don't remember). Has anyone ever heard of a similar notion before?
    Last edited by Omni connexae!; 15th July 2011 at 19:49.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni connexae! For This Post:

Star (20th July 2011), ulli (15th July 2011)

19. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

It has been found that there are 36 different basic facial types in the human physical sphere of existence.

the decans are interesting...this is how they work.
    The Aries born during the first 10 days of Aries is supposedly totally Aries (Mars), whereas the midddle 10 days make him/her more Leo(Sun), while the last ten days are influenced by Sagittarius(Jupiter)
    Thus Taurus' first decan is Taurus (Venus) ruled, middle decan is Virgo (Mercury) ruled and the last decan is Capricorn (Saturn) ruled.
    Gemini's 1st decan is Mercury, decan 2 is Libra (Venus) and 3 is Aquarius (Uranus) ruled.
    Cancer's 1st decan is Cancer (Moon) ruled, decan 2 is Scorpio (Pluto) ruled and 3 is Pisces (Neptune) ruled.
    Leo decan 1 is sun ruled, 2 is Sag (Jupiter) 3 is Aries (Mars)
    Virgo decan 1 is Mercury ruled, two is cap (Saturn) and 3 is Taurus (Venus)
    Libra decan 1 is Venus, 2 is Aqu(Uranus) and 3 is Gemini (Mercury)
    Scorpio decan 1 is Pluto, decan 2 is Pisces (Neptune) and 3 is Cancer (Moon)
    Sagittarius decan 1 is Jupiter decan 2 is Aries( Mars) and decan 3 is Leo (Sun)
    Capricorn decan 1 is Saturn, decan 2 is Taurus (Venus) and decan 3 is Virgo (Mercury)
    Aquarius decan 1 is Uranus, decan two is Gemini (Mercury) and decan 3 is Libra (Venus)
    Pisces decan 1 is Neptune, decan 2 is Cancer (Moon) and decan 3 is Scorpio (Pluto)

and I did all those above charts because I got temporarily sucked into Carmody's energy field which is very very refined and detail oriented.

but still, it would be interesting to see how the 12 signs can be seen in their subtleties...no two aquarians are ever the same...after all. (or so they think

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), Star (20th July 2011)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Had a book with a lot of material related to decans (long ago and far away).

Don't remember the author or title but it was good.

My long-ago "teacher" said something very similar to Carmody regarding 36.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th September 2014), Star (20th July 2011), ulli (15th July 2011)

23. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

the decans are interesting...this is how they work.
    The Aries born during the first 10 days of Aries is supposedly totally Aries (Mars), whereas the midddle 10 days make him/her more Leo(Sun), while the last ten days are influenced by Sagittarius(Jupiter)
    Thus Taurus' first decan is Taurus (Venus) ruled, middle decan is Virgo (Mercury) ruled and the last decan is Capricorn (Saturn) ruled.
    Gemini's 1st decan is Mercury, decan 2 is Libra (Venus) and 3 is Aquarius (Uranus) ruled.
    Cancer's 1st decan is Cancer (Moon) ruled, decan 2 is Scorpio (Pluto) ruled and 3 is Pisces (Neptune) ruled.
    Leo decan 1 is sun ruled, 2 is Sag (Jupiter) 3 is Aries (Mars)
    Virgo decan 1 is Mercury ruled, two is cap (Saturn) and 3 is Taurus (Venus)
    Libra decan 1 is Venus, 2 is Aqu(Uranus) and 3 is Gemini (Mercury)
    Scorpio decan 1 is Pluto, decan 2 is Pisces (Neptune) and 3 is Cancer (Moon)
    Sagittarius decan 1 is Jupiter decan 2 is Aries( Mars) and decan 3 is Leo (Sun)
    Capricorn decan 1 is Saturn, decan 2 is Taurus (Venus) and decan 3 is Virgo (Mercury)
    Aquarius decan 1 is Uranus, decan two is Gemini (Mercury) and decan 3 is Libra (Venus)
    Pisces decan 1 is Neptune, decan 2 is Cancer (Moon) and decan 3 is Scorpio (Pluto)

and I did all those above charts because I got temporarily sucked into Carmody's energy field which is very very refined and detail oriented.

but still, it would be interesting to see how the 12 signs can be seen in their subtleties...no two aquarians are ever the same...after all. (or so they think
    I'm that way, I suspect due to the level and types of energy available to me. Like a bull in a china shop, if I'm unaware.

I can, and have, walked into a room in a befuddled state and in the process, shut down every person in the room, into a similar befuddled state.

I've got a bit of focus in your direction right now.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (15th July 2011), Caren (15th July 2011), Lisab (15th July 2011), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), ulli (15th July 2011)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote I can, and have, walked into a room in a befuddled state and in the process, shut down every person in the room, into a similar befuddled state.
    Shields Up!!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th September 2014), ulli (15th July 2011)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omni connexae! (here)
    Sacred geometry and Astrology have always intrested me alot, which is strange because I otherwise shy away from things that tend to be 'supernatural'.

I never really thought about the 2 being related though, intresting.

I've never looked into my own chart, all I know is I'm apparently Gemini, third phase.. or something. No idea what that means. Does anyone know a good source or link that could show me how to do mine and other people's charts? Or just learn about all sorts of astrology in general? (rather then a site doing it for me)

I once heard that Vedic astrology and Western astrology are actually linked in some way, something to do with "past lives", although I'm blanking on a source (if there even was one, it might of been a conversation I had, I don't remember). Has anyone ever heard of a similar notion before?
    Vedic astrology is quite different, and I can't really relate to it as well, I guess because I am so left brained...plus it hasnt allowed for the equinox shift...using the original constellations from thousands of years ago.

when I have done readings for Hindus who brought me their original charts even they admitted that my reading was a lot more descriptive of their personality.

Here is my favorite astrology site www.astro.com lots of free stuff.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Star (20th July 2011)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Quote I can, and have, walked into a room in a befuddled state and in the process, shut down every person in the room, into a similar befuddled state.
    Shields Up!!!
    That is why I tend to walk around completely locked down, so I don't cause accidents and/or alter folks too much. Thus I end up seeming like I'm sneaking up on people and they don't even know I'm there. In reality I'm walking around like everyone else does, but I'm 'making like a hole'.

That score you have of about 1500, that is non linear.

For example, 500 is the norm

1000 is 1 out of 10

1500 is one out of 100.

2000 is one out of 1000

2500 is one out of 10,000.

But, this is not exactly correct. It tends to be accurate at the lower numbers but not so much at the higher numbers, as far as I can tell.

My score is 4300. But it is like dealing with an angry dragon at times. It can toss me around with that much energy.

Some days I'm the driver ...... some days I'm the roadkill.

The lack of accuracy also lies in: The person who has the given energy available, and how aware and capable they are - in the utilization of what is available to them.

At birth..... I was all roadkill. What a freaking mess. As I get older, I move toward being all driver. (the same thing we all do!) With the lessons in me of what it is like to be "all roadkill, all the time" (available on cable and satellite-see your provider for more details), I am given the knowledge of what it is like to be pounded to bits. rising to the top and learning how to surf with that energy, without becoming an overpowering sociopath in the process, well..it was interesting.
    Last edited by Carmody; 15th July 2011 at 20:28.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (15th July 2011), Caren (15th July 2011), Fred Steeves (16th July 2011), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), SHAPE (16th July 2011), Sierra (12th August 2011), ulli (15th July 2011)

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Shields Up!!!
    That is why I tend to walk around completely locked down, so I don't cause accidents and/or alter folks too much. Thus I end up seeming like I'm sneaking up on people and they don't even know I'm there. In reality I'm walking around like everyone else does, but I'm 'making like a hole'.
    Capricorns get depressed, melancholic, pessimistic, until hard thinking sessions bring them to a solution of whatever problem they were dealing with.
    I just don't go out when I feel like that now, so as to protect people from feeling my heavy wet blanket.
    But by staying home more I'm fulfilling Capricorn's agarophobic tendencies as well, becoming a hermit. Not healthy.
    Last edited by ulli; 15th July 2011 at 20:17.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (15th July 2011), Caren (15th July 2011), Carmody (15th July 2011), Circles of TRUTH (5th August 2011), Lisab (15th July 2011), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), Sierra (12th August 2011), Star (20th July 2011)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Thanks for this Ulli. Here's my rather watery birthtime for you 10th march 1967 at 12.35 pm. Not very grounded and I tend to befuddle others too. Love n laughs Lisa x

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th September 2014)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lisab (here)
    Thanks for this Ulli. Here's my rather watery birthtime for you 10th march 1967 at 12.35 pm. Not very grounded and I tend to befuddle others too. Love n laughs Lisa x
    tell me about it...I was married to a Pisces. The thing is...Pisceans love the structure that Capricorns provide
    as it gives them a hold, and Capicorns occasionally love to get into that warm Pisces Jacuzzi...

as long as there is love it works rather well... if not, the mudbath is downright awful.

I have a couple of charts still lined up, as well as make lunch, so if you are in the European time zone
    it may have to wait until tomorrow.
    I'll be back in action here in a few hours.

Meanwhile something important to reflect on: the 12 signs and the four elements:

Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius. Their heat animates projects, they bring fuel, and enthusiasm.
    Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn. Deeply rooted in 3 D they can turn ideas into solid reality.
    Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius. Ideas people, mind oriented, communicators.
    Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces. Emotional, sensitive, inspirational...hence vulnerable.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), Star (20th July 2011)

37. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

pm sent with date and time...thanks for your offer and for such an interesting thread.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Belle For This Post:

Star (20th July 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 12 34 LastLast