Default Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

So, the transits are in transition?

3. Link to Post #663
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    What a shame this thread has died.
    It did not die as such - it evolved, into the Here and Now thread, started as this one finished. There is still plenty of astrology within a broader palette that has shed the energy leakage of Ulli giving and others taking - this being part of the reason why that thread has lasted ten times longer and is still going strong.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

PurpleLama (3rd April 2014), ulli (22nd August 2014)

5. Link to Post #664
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

ah ok..
    will find me a cottage there then.

with love
    Eelco

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

araucaria (3rd April 2014), PurpleLama (3rd April 2014), ulli (22nd August 2014)

7. Link to Post #665
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Alright, I have some questions about YODs. What the heck are those things, really? I've read conflicting ideas about them. I'm interested because there are four in my natal chart and there may or may not be some pretty difficult challenges spanning a wide area there depending on who/what I read.

Here they are (apex // sextile):
    1. Moon 5deg Gem. // Neptune 5deg Capr. sextile Pluto 8deg Scorp.
    2. Jupiter 28deg Ar. // Venus 26deg Virg. sextile Pallas 26deg Scorp.
    3. Venus 26deg Virg. // Juno 28deg Aqu. sextile Jupiter 28deg Ar.
    4. Pallas 26deg Scorp. // Chiron 29deg Gem. sextile Jupiter 28deg Ar.

Some share points and legs. They all fall within 3 degree orbs. I've attempted to interpret it, but not only is there conflicting information -- there's also the fact that there are four of them that share some planets. Also, all of them are within the first or last five degrees of another sign, maybe that affects their meaning (esp. for the later degrees)? I don't know.

I included the asteroids because one of the books I was flipping through said that those asteroids should be included when determining YODs.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 4th August 2014 at 03:20.

8. Link to Post #666
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

I don't want to discuss astrology (at the mo)...just want to say...

I have both the Moon and Saturn in Cancer...I mostly try not to blame my astrology or even define myself with some of it...but, got to say, I see/feel that my loneliness and at times neediness (and not feeling whole - sometimes) is party to do with that. Help me please.

9. Link to Post #667
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)

I have both the Moon and Saturn in Cancer...I mostly try not to blame my astrology or even define myself with some of it...but, got to say, I see/feel that my loneliness and at times neediness (and not feeling whole - sometimes) is party to do with that. Help me please.

You chose your birthtime based on what you are here to "learn".

Nothing "pre-ordained" but simply the related energies.

Title of thread is what ... :

Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

Moon in Cancer is a good place to start (so much more ... but you *can* help yourself you know)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Curt (22nd August 2014), kanishk (22nd August 2014), ulli (22nd August 2014)

11. Link to Post #668
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

I didn't even realise that this thread has had activity lately.
    With Cancer the issue is belonging, familiarity, roots, comfort zones.
    Since the moon is associated with this sign,
    having the moon in Cancer makes for a stronger need in those matters.
    Moon in Cancer (or the 4th house) is as if the umbilical cord was never cut.
    It gives strong yearnings for motherhood, but also a strong need to be mothered or fed.

In contrast Saturn in Cancer (or the 4th house) wants to deny all these things.
    Saturn is harsh, strict, masculine, rational.
    So this placing is difficult for a person to manage, as the highs and lows follow one another so quickly.

Each time the moon is opposite it's own birth position the needle on the yearning scale goes up.
    A few hours later (or earlier, depending one where exactly Saturn and the moon were originally)
    one experiences the moon's opposition to Saturn and happiness vanishes,
    with harsh reality causing depressive moods.

The best way to get a proper grip here is simply by studying astrology,
    and by associating with people who share that placing, and comparing one's responses to these effects.

If Saturn and the moon are less than 7 degrees apart the issues are even more complicated.
    Conscious work has to be done to forgive the mother, for example,
    since the moon governs motherhood in general, and mothers in particular.

With Saturn that close to the moon there would be an outright denial of experiencing motherhood, or in case one has children at all,
    they will harder lessons that most parents experience.

Yet despite all this negative stuff associated with Saturn he does bring rewards in the end, if the person has patience and diligence.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (23rd August 2014), Curt (22nd August 2014), kanishk (22nd August 2014), Wind (25th August 2014)

13. Link to Post #669
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is a bit off topic but I found out that Jimmy Savilles birthday was October 31st 1926. What does that say about him?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aheb For This Post:

araucaria (22nd August 2014), ulli (22nd August 2014)

15. Link to Post #670
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aheb (here)
    This is a bit off topic but I found out that Jimmy Savilles birthday was October 31st 1926. What does that say about him?
    Yeah, I had a look at his chart the other day. This is just sketchy, as I don't know the birth time.

Venus, sun and Saturn in Scorpio.
    Scorpio rules power, obsessiveness, passion, sex and death. Of course, not every Scorpio is a bad person, as those things can all be used to help mankind.
    Savile could have become a surgeon, a brilliant gynaecologist, had he chosen that path.
    Although come to think of it....with a Mercury in Sagittarius, which brings mental bravado and sloppy thinking, squaring his Neptune, he might have been better off writing rock lyrics in his spare time. Mercury square Neptune does open a person's mind to influences of the lower realms, but if they have a strong moral foundation they don't necessarily give in to those types of promptings.

Uranus trine his Mercury gave him the ability to become a radio show person, and his Mars in Taurus opposite his Scorpio sun made him a predator.
    Again, not everyone with that placing would want to take that path.
    Some might be real protectors, with all intention to make the world a safer place. Never siding with the dark side.

But these choices are before all of us, and astrology does not indicate with which end of the spectrum an individual is identified.
    It is more about direction taken. Once a bad habit sets in- the longer one waits to control it, the harder it becomes to do a U-turn and create a life of real service.

He probably thought he was doing endless good, and gave himself permission (Mercury square Neptune) to indulge (Mars in Taurus) a bit.
    It got out of hand when he got the green light from the elite.

The stars may whisper, they don't compel. This is ultimately up to each individual to make choices which then will impact their future development.

There will always be evil in this world, but woe unto the soul through whom it comes....
    Last edited by ulli; 22nd August 2014 at 15:30.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

aheb (22nd August 2014), araucaria (22nd August 2014), PurpleLama (22nd August 2014), transiten (26th September 2014), Wind (25th August 2014)

17. Link to Post #671
    Thanks

Hello ulli, I sent you a PM

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rohannson For This Post:

ulli (25th September 2014)

19. Link to Post #672
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Apart from the sun in Scorpio, astrology wouldn't be expected to have much to say about the calendar dates like Hallowe'en that Satanists are so fond of. I also saw in a video that Leeds was a significant birthplace for the dark side, but it would be hard to confirm anything from a birth chart
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds.

Self-confessedly had no feelings, didn't know what love is - would these be in his chart?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

ulli (25th September 2014)

21. Link to Post #673
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Apart from the sun in Scorpio, astrology wouldn't be expected to have much to say about the calendar dates like Hallowe'en that Satanists are so fond of. I also saw in a video that Leeds was a significant birthplace for the dark side, but it would be hard to confirm anything from a birth chart
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds.

Self-confessedly had no feelings, didn't know what love is - would these be in his chart?
    WEll that is an interesting point that I have never considered. Could the place of your birth have such an effect?
    BTW I dispute the WIKI entry I don't accept that Leeds is the third largest city in the UK. You have London, Birmingham and Manchester which are all larger and I would imagine that Liverpool is also.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aheb For This Post:

araucaria (22nd August 2014), ulli (25th September 2014)

23. Link to Post #674
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

You know what I find a bit or a lot of a struggle at times, is the opposing forces of privacy v sharing, openness v closing...someone who needs their own space and also connection...I have been working on being more open with the world over some years...one of my biggest fears was to reveal some things about myself...(it makes me feel unsafe)...

This can be seen in my chart (not that astrology is the only influence)

Strong Gemini (sun), strong Pluto (conjunct the ascendent - similar to Scorpio rising), strong Moon (in Cancer - I don't see/feel that Saturn in Cancer cancels it out but makes it stronger in some ways...like hyper emotional sensitivity inside - which is true for me but maybe not for some others with this position).

I was reluctant to share my sun sign here as I have quite often been misunderstood for it...I'm extremely feeling/sensitive and am more right brain than left...which is the opposite of how my sun sign is seen, but I'm not my sun sign! *giggle*

Anyway...it can be a struggle to have strongly opposing forces, so sometimes the best thing to do is to integrate...to give them both what they need...and, perhaps, to help them to be friends, and not enemies...

24. Link to Post #675
    Thanks

You know what I find a bit or a lot of a struggle at times, is the opposing forces of privacy v sharing, openness v closing...someone who needs their own space and also connection...I have been working on being more open with the world over some years...one of my biggest fears was to reveal some things about myself...(it makes me feel unsafe)...

Strong Gemini (sun), strong Pluto (conjunct the ascendent - similar to Scorpio rising), strong Moon (in Cancer - I don't see/feel that Saturn in Cancer cancels it out but makes it stronger in some ways...like hyper emotional sensitivity inside - which is true for me but maybe not for some others with this position).

I was reluctant to share my sun sign here as I have quite often been misunderstood for it...I'm extremely feeling/sensitive and am more right brain than left...which is the opposite of how my sun sign is seen, but I'm not my sun sign! *giggle*

Anyway...it can be a struggle to have strongly opposing forces, so sometimes the best thing to do is to integrate...to give them both what they need...and, perhaps, to help them to be friends, and not enemies...
    Integrating planetary opposites is the way to go. Not easy, lots of slips, yet worth it. More than anyone can possibly realize.
    Just contemplating one's chart, and studying the various energies which influence us, can bring new understanding.
    The main thing all Geminis need to learn is that they are like messengers, who carry information, and as such don't normally look at the content of the information they pass on.
    But since it is one's own soul direction we are dealing with it would be best to always know who one is working for. I'm speaking allegorically here. In other words, dig into what prompts you to share, especially the private stuff, and make sure you know exactly why you are doing it.
    Because if sharing gets you in trouble over and over, and yet you keep on regardless, then ask yourself what is prompting you to share and open up. Maybe it's not necessarily a whiolesome energy. Unless you believe that what you share will benefit others immensely, why lay your vulnerabilities wide open?
    Being private, being discreet, is just as much a virtue as is being open. It all depends on your main agenda.
    I have lots of Aquarian energies, which often also caused me to open up more than necessary,
    and I found out the hard way that this often had very adverse effects on my life. Nothing good ever came from it.
    Once I became more active as an astrologer I needed to learn to keep my big mouth shut,
    especially when it came to client confidentiality. Their secrets are sacred.
    Fortunately I never had anyone who confessed child or spouse or animal abuse,
    as that would have really given me a dilemma.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), Natalia (25th September 2014), PurpleLama (25th September 2014), Violet (20th November 2014), Wind (26th September 2014)

26. Link to Post #676
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)

Integrating planetary opposites is the way to go. Not easy, lots of slips, yet worth it. More than anyone can possibly realize.
    Just contemplating one's chart, and studying the various energies which influence us, can bring new understanding.
    The main thing all Geminis need to learn is that they are like messengers, who carry information, and as such don't normally look at the content of the information they pass on.
    But since it is one's own soul direction we are dealing with it would be best to always know who one is working for. I'm speaking allegorically here. In other words, dig into what prompts you to share, especially the private stuff, and make sure you know exactly why you are doing it.
    Because if sharing gets you in trouble over and over, and yet you keep on regardless, then ask yourself what is prompting you to share and open up. Maybe it's not necessarily a whiolesome energy. Unless you believe that what you share will benefit others immensely, why lay your vulnerabilities wide open?
    Being private, being discreet, is just as much a virtue as is being open. It all depends on your main agenda.
    I have lots of Aquarian energies, which often also caused me to open up more than necessary,
    and I found out the hard way that this often had very adverse effects on my life. Nothing good ever came from it.
    Once I became more active as an astrologer I needed to learn to keep my big mouth shut,
    especially when it came to client confidentiality. Their secrets are sacred.
    Fortunately I never had anyone who confessed child or spouse or animal abuse,
    as that would have really given me a dilemma.
    Thank you Uli, that is a really really good question for me, why do I share? There are different reasons, not always known by others...and yeah not always consiously known by ourselves...

I'm good at keeping secrets (and usually don't even feel tempted to share them) and do not like to gossip about people..at work I stay away from commenting on gossip as much as poss...don't want to get all into that and don't like others taking mean about other people...at times I try and say something that might help the peace and love...but there have been times when I have talked about others and this has especially been when I felt like I needed to talk about feeling hurt about something that someone said or did or was like...(and good things about them) for years I didn't talk about something to do with a family member...then I felt like I really needed too...so that opening up may have been in my shadow...and I made mistakes with it and have learned a lesson from it...but still this is a good reminder!
    Last edited by Natalia; 25th September 2014 at 11:46.

27. Link to Post #677
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Donald's Trump's chart shows his Gemini Sun was conjunct (near) Uranus when he was born. Uranian people, usually Aquarius Sun, are famous for being ganged up on and railing futiley against the crowd. An example was Norman Mailer, who I recall railing against a booing audience on the Tonight Show, among other incidences:

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/arti...-vs-big-media/

Added to the mix in Trump's case is his (hyper masculine) Mars rising in fiery Leo. Mars doesn't back down from a fight.

Trump was born to challenge the prevailing power. Hence his popularity among the powerless.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

onawah (1st October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (1st October 2020), ulli (22nd December 2020), wondering (1st October 2020)

29. Link to Post #678
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,290 times in 1,184 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Donald's Trump's chart shows his Gemini Sun was conjunct (near) Uranus when he was born.
    More than that, Trump was born under a Lunar Eclipse, look at the axis of the lunar nodes on its Full Moon axis, with Mars conjunction in the ascendant, so that Mars is its dominant, since at the time of its birth Mars the was on the horizon. And who makes the bridge has its Full Moon axis and the why with the return of Mars in direct phase, it will return to the double sextile of its Sun / Uranus conjunction, is a good point for Trump ..

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

ulli (22nd December 2020)

31. Link to Post #679
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,290 times in 1,184 posts

Arrow Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    "How come everything is sooo perfect", instead of "how come everything is so imperfect?"
    A fair reflection Ulli has to ask in astrology, because the people who come to see an astrologer, it is when everything goes wrong.
    We often retain of astrology the negative part of an interpretation of the astrologer, even if by the way he will have noted positive points, to believe that we are unconsciously masochistic beings for ourselves?
    In any case, I very much appreciated your vision of astrology.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

ulli (22nd December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst 1 24 34