+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 4 14 34 LastLast

Thread: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 times in 292 posts

Default Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

yes exactly.....there are lots of things i resonate with...but also things I am 'learning'.

Allow me to digest.

And allow yourself some peace and sleep!!!!! Sleep well

~ Without a rich heart, wealth is an ugly beggar. ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flasky For This Post:

ulli (16th July 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    The 12th house thing is pretty curious,
    i'm still getting to the bottom of that myself,
    as for being of this world, i tend to think not.
    I certainly have had a VERY hard time making sense of it here, fitting in, things like the monetary system i still don't get.

But strangely enough i always have enough to do what i have to do,
    so i just have faith now that all will be sorted for me to do my job here.

My heath is good, i NEVER get even a cold,
    i have a pretty strong immune and healing capacity.
    First i worked pretty hard to heal thine self, then others around me,
    and these days i'm more working as planet and cosmic cleaner.

Yes i feed who ever needs feeding, have a few projects on the go,
    with growing organics, and giving away seedlings so people can get back food gardening.
    And my home is my scared space, i very much isolate myself from 3D for the most part.

One of my downfalls is i take on too much, and spread myself too thin,
    but i'm getting better that saying no.

For sure this is "the time" that im here for,
    all those years of early trauma and waiting around,
    are now turning out to be worth riding out.

Had many big battles with some seriously dark and big entities, yes,
    once i got knocked off my chair and pinned to the ground when trying to remove an entity from another person.
    I was like "cool" , i called in my helpers and saw this battle play out over my head. Another time i had a dragon visitor, very interesting story that one.
    I think now, this has all just part of the initiation for me here,
    ( along with the abusive religious family, and partners).

The losses bit, i just dodged a bullet with the bank and my house,
    i managed to keep control of it, and sell it myself.
    Was a loss on one hand, but now i'm more free to focus on the important tasks at hand.

What i have found is even the most dire events, soon turn out to be the greatest blessings.

Awesome read Ulli , spot on!!
    I'm so glad you liked my reading, as in some cases these comments can be taken the wrong way...
    or induce more fears than justified.
    The health factor: Saturn in the sixth house...maybe later in life protect your feet...you are still young...
    as long as you are a healer your own health is protected.
    having the moon st such a good angle to the midheaven could bring you a lot of income, if you started a business on your own, small babysteps to begin with, soon grow bigger...potential success story there.
    I had a look at your picture after I did it, and thought that strength of yours shows in your features...also I forgot to mention your two Virgo placings...Virgos are animal lovers, and there you were, with that magnificent dog in your arms. Loved the picture.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), thunder24 (16th July 2011)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    all the other planets could be in totally different places...so not quite the same.

When people find a real astro twin, they discover they drive the same model car, have the same color walls, have the same speech defect...love the same pets, give them the same names...
    totally amazing...
    Yes.... as you know (ulli has my exact birth info), I have a extremely well known person as my astro twin. Hours apart. I apparently have the more potent alignments, due to those few hours difference. Our lives and the given flow has been quite similar.

When their fame was peaking the energy levels were so high, that I was getting something out of it, it seemed. Thus the idea of pagan celebrations masquerading as Christan celebrations IS a big deal. Very much so. Energetic misplacement and theft, at the minimum.
    I just checked the famous Astro twin. His birth time is suspect by a few minutes. Possibly an hour. His score was a whopping 4700.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (16th July 2011), SHAPE (16th July 2011), ulli (17th July 2011)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

oh yes.. animals make the best people, Louis in profile pic,
    and his father Ozzie are my constant companions.
    And really if it wasn't for my furry friends, i would have asked to be removed from here in my teens.
    Maybe also why i'm drawn to Shamanics so much .

And the astral bit fits also pretty well, i have been working on OBE techniques lately,
    My north and south node, im told, say that last time around i was more into religious areas, ( Sag),
    but this time its more the occult 8th house, so thats where my focus has been.

I have an irish friend that does a mix of vedic and western astrology, his chart is similar to mine.
    He also talks a bit about the "Grand Cross" i think he has a FB page on it.

Interesting stuff, i will look forward to reading more of other's charts.

Thanks again, Ulli, XX
    Last edited by astrid; 16th July 2011 at 04:16.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

8. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

ulli (16th July 2011)

9. Link to Post #65
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks for this interesting thread Ulli

my birth details are
    24 February 1986
    4.00pm Melbourne Australia.

Although there are many astrology sites on the web
    where one can get free basic chart readings,
    it is always so much more fun to discuss charts in a group.

Experience has taught me also that as long as such discussions are kept light
    people feel more comfortable to join in.

So here I am opening up this thread for astro discussion. I know I'm not the only person on the forum who has studied this and I would like everyone who can contribute to feel free to chip in.

Over the years I noticed that the mathematics of astrology are basically what is termed nowadays as "sacred geometry".

Whenever planets in our solar system make exact angles, such as 30, 60, 120 degrees harmonious energies start to filter into our lives,
    while the harder angles such as 45, 90, 150 or 180 degree, or exact lineups,
    bring more testy energies, sometimes from very low dimensions.

These energetic windows open and close depending on a given planet's speed,
    as only a few degrees of orb, or leeway, allow stuff to flow.
    Usually during a transiting aspect, the effect lasts only for the time period it takes the planet to pass from within one degree before and after the event.

But before we get too deeply into the angles
    we could just look at planets in the various sun signs.
    This is the most popular and basic astrology
    yet much can be gleaned about reality from this.

My personal take here is that if one wants to attain balance and enlightenment
    it is a good idea to study the sign OPPOSITE one's sun sign.
    It shifts one's consciousness away from compulsive behaviour,
    more towards a midpoint on this axis.
    That way a higher level of perspective can be attained.

If you want to keep your birth data private you can always either PM it to me,
    and I won't publish your three outer planets
    as they can give away your exact birth year,
    or else you can go to any free astro site,
    and bring back your sun, moon, mercury venus mars and jupiter positions in their various signs.

We won't bother with the exact degrees for now
    as that would complicate things to a point
    where the excercise won't be practical for the group.
    Let's see how it goes.

If you know for example that your spouse is a Leo,
    and has the moon in Virgo, I would prefer it if you check with them first
    if it is ok to discuss it here.
    No one likes to think they are being analyzed without their consent,
    especially if it is done in public.
    Anyway, as long as we keep this light,
    and with the main vaim on a consciousness raising excercise, it could be great.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fosselovelight For This Post:

ulli (17th July 2011)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Here is some homework, in case anyone is interested.
    Rupert Murdoch was born March11th, 1931 in Melbourne, Australia at 11:55 pm.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th September 2014)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Here is some homework, in case anyone is interested.
    Rupert Murdoch was born March11th, 1931 in Melbourne, Australia at 11:55 pm.

♥'ing the thread
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th September 2014), Star (20th July 2011), ulli (16th July 2011)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

my details are 17.04.1980 12:30 noon , Hall in Tirol
    if any of you, who is good with that could tell me something, i'd appreciate.

i also find palm-reading quite interesting. - from a book i know it is very connected with astrology - if have certain aspects in horoscope, then there are equivalent signs within hand..
    Last edited by phimonic; 16th July 2011 at 10:25.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to phimonic For This Post:

ulli (16th July 2011)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

Yes I've been wondering about Murdoch's chart just don't know how to throw a chart I just google the basics. Judy Hall wrote a book called Astrology of a Prophet on David Icke but only published a limited number. Bet that's interesting.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Star (20th July 2011), ulli (16th July 2011)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lisab (here)
    Yes I've been wondering about Murdoch's chart just don't know how to throw a chart I just google the basics. Judy Hall wrote a book called Astrology of a Prophet on David Icke but only published a limited number. Bet that's interesting.
    David Vaughan Icke:

Birthday: April 29, 1952

Time of birth: 17:15

Place of birth: Leicester, England

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

ktlight (16th July 2011), Lisab (16th July 2011), pickle (16th July 2011), Star (20th July 2011), ulli (16th July 2011)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Quote Posted by phimonic (here)
    my details are 17.04.1980 12:30 noon , Hall in Tirol
    if any of you, who is good with that could tell me something, i'd appreciate.

i also find palm-reading quite interesting. - from a book i know it is very connected with astrology - if have certain aspects in horoscope, then there are equivalent signs within hand..
    The more difficult thing to do with astrology is the more difficult thing to do with Buddhist masters and the like. Both must tell their 'clientele' the truth, couched in terms that the given person can accept and understand..in a way that brings no harm. The good astrologer like the good spiritual teacher, must spend time with the individual in order to learn something about the individual. This, in order to couch the terms of the communication in the best way and or light possible.

Both must reduce the potential contextual errors in generalized communications (as such a communication on this forum would be) to create a situation where the 'answers' or 'data' given has the least potential for unintended harm. Only in person and over time can a really good reading be given, for the client must them selves be reflected in the communication.

In a general reading, the communications are so different than what the inquiring mind may consider as the basis and reality of life and existence, that even those communications can be very rewarding and/or shocking.

Even the general reading has the capacity to pique the curiosity of the intrepid inquirer.

The conclusion is that astrology is a complex multi-disciplinary system of analysis of the overall gestalt of the human condition, as a system of flow, in both time, dimensions and lives. In Modern terms, we might call this a 'renaissance' science.

However, in strict scientific protocols of the modern age, which ironically originated in astrology..this methodology has been simplified for a lesser learned and lesser complex system of specialization--- this thing called 'modern science'.

This might be seen in possibly two components. One, where this specialization allows those who are not as capable of overviews and complex meta-analysis to enter (as an endeavor) a more simplified version of such a complex system. Science as a rigidified and dogmatically inclined system, where all behavior and methodology is 'written'-in pattering behavioral and context records for the adherents to live and act by. Thus freeing the adherents of science from the base requirement for individual thought and reasoned response. Science is slowly but surely falling into that trap, it is called 'engineering', and is not an open endeavor, it is a closed dogmatic one. The second view, or more 'paranoid' (entirely valid analysis shows it is very possible)seeming possibility is that science was purposely driven down this path by those who where the originators of Astrology, the druidic endeavors and their passed down knowledge and ways -- the mystery schools, which contained Astrology as one of their cornerstone or 'fundamental origins' aspects/components. That the overt specialization and compartmentalization of modern science was a purposeful act, in order to drive mankind away from the idea of the opening of man into a higher state through the very existence of the meta or renaissance path.

Astrology is a meta-science in comparison to the overt specialization of modern 'branches' of science. the very compartmentalization of modern science has created it's own failure to see the forest for the tress, as it where.

Thus, the child of Astrology, science, this 'science' fails to recognize it's parent...Astrology..due to science's very over-specialization and heavy observation, methodology, and protocol blinders on it's minute little components. The child is purposely corrupted via their ignorance, and used as a weapon to kill off the unwanted components of the parent, via manipulation. As a comparative..This can be seen in the ways that some religious aspects are used as a grouped weapon against others and how the very idea of soldiering is used as a tool against human growth. Pol Pot and Cambodia come to mind as does that of most known similar pogroms. The usual suspects are seen at each gathering.

The same weight, in some ways, is gathered against astrology. Astrology's only real defense over the years, has been it's very real and complex levels of elevation which has caused it to slip by relatively unnoticed by most (persons) that are within the system of repression (via ignorance), due to Astrology's stated levels of complex meta-analysis.

Only the very top of this system of repression sees astrology as a threat to their structure and 'power' over the masses. The ignorance of science to the validity of astrology is the very defense that those elevated levels of control use to keep themselves safe from what is contained within astrology.

The praetorian guard aspect of science being alerted to the validity of astrology is something that they do indeed fear, as it clearly shows a pattering of life and existence that according to science, cannot and must not exist. For if it does, all their analysis and writings are not invalid....but they are skewed and shifted beyond their current beliefs, structures, and understandings. In such a scenario of change, the false walls erected in science would begin to fall.

The paradox would fall.
    Last edited by Carmody; 16th July 2011 at 14:12.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), Belle (16th July 2011), Calz (16th July 2011), ktlight (16th July 2011), Lisab (16th July 2011), modwiz (16th July 2011), phimonic (16th July 2011), pickle (16th July 2011), SHAPE (16th July 2011), ulli (16th July 2011)

23. Link to Post #72
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Wow, what a talented bunch we have here at Avalon! I'm proud to be amongst you. I don't want to gum up the works any more with astrology readings, I'm sure the requests can get exhausting. So, let me ask a basic question of one of our resident astrology whizzes: In the old classic song Age of Aquarius, what do they mean with "when the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars"?

Thanks and Cheers,
    Fred

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    Wow, what a talented bunch we have here at Avalon! I'm proud to be amongst you. I don't want to gum up the works any more with astrology readings, I'm sure the requests can get exhausting. So, let me ask a basic question of one of our resident astrology whizzes: In the old classic song Age of Aquarius, what do they mean with "when the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars"?

Thanks and Cheers,
    Fred
    " the moon is in the seventh house" begs several questions "who's seventh house?", also were they born with the moon there? Which would mean their
    relationships are a bit unstable, like the moon, they come and go, are fluctuating.
    By transit the moon passes through my seventh house every 28 days, ie evey lunar month. Not a big deal at all.
    Now the Jupiter Mars comment....
    Jupiter's orbit lasts around 12 years, while Mars orbits the sun in around two year cycles. So Jupiter and Mars can be aligned every seven months or so, even more while there is retrograde motion. No big deal in itself.

To me it is clear that whoever wrote those lyrics did astrology a disservice, and had no knowledge of it.
    I was never happy about that.

As far as the age of Aquarius goes, I hold some personal theories that I have not seen anywhere else.
    Bear with me on this.
    Aquarius is associated with invention, technology, modernism, individuality to the
    point of eccentricity, but also large mechanized groups, humanity as an an idea, or ideal, revolutions, rebellion, change of system.
    Speed, electricity, space travel, ...
    Aquarians often feel like outsiders, as if they come from 50 years on, into a backward oldfashioned humanity stuck in the past. They can feel lonely on a crowded street thinking that all the other ( single) people out there are somehow connected to one another, only the Aquarian is alone.
    The lonely outsider.
    Now, when blending these images into one single salsa and reflecting on history I came to the conclusing that the true dawning of the age of Aquarius came with the Founding fathers of the US, the French Revolution, and really started rolling with the Industrial Revolution.
    While until that time the fastest way to travel had been by horse, in the middle of the nineteenth century everything started to change. An amazing array of new inventions. An Aquarian speed freak must have been behind that.
    The telegraph bringing communications around the globe for the first time. By the turn of the twentieth century there was little left of the Piscean age, as far as I'm concerned.

But during the sixties a line-up of several planets in Aquarius gave it another burst, although I put a lot of the sixties events down to the fact that the generation of Pluto in Leo ( sexuality and hedonism) as well as Neptune in Libra ( drugs and escape into love and harmony ) found their free expression, fuelled by the media.
    To really use the language of astrology effectively one has to blend a lot of factors and then proceed from there.
    Once a group of astrologers find themselves in a room together the debate never ends.
    There is nothing more stimulating, mentally.
    Last edited by ulli; 16th July 2011 at 13:39.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Carmody (16th July 2011), Fred Steeves (16th July 2011), modwiz (16th July 2011), pickle (16th July 2011)

26. Link to Post #74
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

I knew this thread was going to rock immediately when ulli put up the OP.

Thanks to all for participating.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

modwiz (16th July 2011), pickle (16th July 2011), ulli (16th July 2011), Wings (18th July 2011)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 294 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)

Thanks to all for participating.
    Indeedy, seconded, what a corker. Huge thanks to all!
    "...when I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone....."

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pickle For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), Calz (16th July 2011), ulli (16th July 2011)

30. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

Carmody, you are the greatest. I am in awe of you and want to thank you for your great contributions.

Whenever people asked me how astrology worked I would offer a little theory of my own, which doesn't compare to yours.
    My explanation was based on something I had read in one of my Gurdjieff books, namely that shocks raise consciousness, and memory depends on consciousness.
    The greatest shock or surprise we experience in life happens when the umbilical cord is cut, and air enters our lungs for the first time. At that moment there most be a feeling of immediate extinction, yet " helloooo, I' still here!!!"
    It is at that moment that whatever cosmic energies are crisscrossing the room, they are leaving an imprint in each cell, maybe at the DNA level, that gets triggered at later times whenever planets pass those spots.
    Of course this was just intuitive speculation on my part.
    I was wondering what you might think about the contribution of our glands in this context.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

astrid (16th July 2011), Calz (16th July 2011), Circles of TRUTH (5th August 2011), Fred Steeves (16th July 2011), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), modwiz (16th July 2011), SHAPE (16th July 2011)

32. Link to Post #77
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    In the old classic song Age of Aquarius, what do they mean with "when the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars"?

To me it is clear that whoever wrote those lyrics did astrology a disservice, and had no knowledge of it.
    I was never happy about that.
    Well, that about sums it it up then huh? LOL. Rather anti-climactic after years of wondering, but if it's bulls**t I'd rather know about it. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Fred

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    I have to as a stupid question here. What is an OP?

Fred

33. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Do you need the location as well or is that irrelevant?I was told once that location is very important also?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Arpheus For This Post:

ulli (16th July 2011)

35. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

OP is the post starting a thread (original post).

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Fred Steeves (16th July 2011), ulli (16th July 2011)

37. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

If you want to finetune your bulls++t detector all you have to do is invest three weeks of astrology study with a serious astrology website, and then look at whatever else there is out there.
    After a while just a quick look at the graphics can betray the BS level of a given site.

The media looove BS astrologers...as their level is so low as to keep ordinary people from taking astrology seriously.
    Once there was a conference of top astrologers, and the organizers had invited 300 journalists from the top papers and networks.
    If just ten had showed up, it would have been understandable. Instead there was a ZERO turnout.
    Makes you wonder.
    The excuse used to be that they didn't wish to offend their bible belt viewership/readership.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (22nd July 2011), Fred Steeves (16th July 2011), Lunesoleil (22nd December 2020), Marianne (17th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 4 14 34 LastLast