Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1 7 17 34 LastLast

Thread: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

Default Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

Quote Posted by Wings (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Here is some homework, in case anyone is interested.
    Rupert Murdoch was born March11th, 1931 in Melbourne, Australia at 11:55 pm.
    .... well Pluto transiting his ascendant would be the big kicker at the moment, I think.

Wings, you have been hiding your light in the wings, I see...lol.

Well spotted. Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

PurpleLama (25th September 2014)

3. Link to Post #122
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I'm enjoying your thread. Keep posting. I'm not an astrologer, but occasionally look at charts out of interest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wings For This Post:

ulli (18th July 2011)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks

Here is your reading Red_rose

Asc Libra, Midheaven Leo
    Sun in Sagittarius is the 2nd house: idealistic, yet love your stuff...will never have too many money worries.
    Moon in Aquarius in the 4th: You LOVE your parents even though you may be a handful as a daughter, due to the square with Uranus and Mercury
    Mercury in Scorpio in the second: detective mind, sometimes quite psychic, very intuitive due to the conjunction with Uranus, you know EVERYTHINK, gurl!!
    Venus (hope you are sitting down) your Venus is afflicted due to a square from Saturn. There are two factors here against forming a happy love relationship: Venus being in Sagittarius means you can't commit, as the grass is always greener on the other side and the square from saturn means you don't really trust anyone, and thus keep you distance...yet thinking the "nobody loves me" wail.
    Mars in Virgo, 10th house: you are a dedicated work horse who will continuously strive to perfect your art.
    Jupiter in Virgo in the 10th adds even more emphasis to the above, and brings openings and plenty of success.
    Saturn in Virgo in the 11th...you see the council of wise and mature friends and are a loyal friend yourself.
    Uranus in Scorpio in the 2nd house square your moon which is in aquarius: this also can cause sudden mood swings which has others quite perplexed, although your family know and accept you and that's where you feel safest.
    Pluto in Libra in the 12th: premonition dreams, strong psychic ability.
    Your toughest year was 2007, especially October. Also July of 1997 was very difficult.
    Your carreer will really take off by April 2012,
    so if you don't have a website already I recommend that you get yourself one....make it beautiful and you will do extremely well.
    wow thanks Ulli. You hit the nail on the head with some aspects there. 1997 was around the time my parents split up which broke my idealist heart. 2007 can't quite think what was so wrong with that year, maybe that will come to me.

The love commitment I'm not sure about, I'm in an 8 year relationship but I'm not married so maybe that is showing it's head there, and I trust my partner with my life and heart.

Weirdly, I have recently been thinking about starting a website with a blog about getting involved with nature, hhhmmmm.

Some things did definitely resonate enough for me to look further into astrology, which I think your chart reading for people will provoke others to do. So don't feel disheartened that people aren't talking enough in this thread as you are being a catalyst as we speak.

Thank you for your time angel.

red_rose
    We shall not cease from exploration
    And the end of all our exploring
    Will be to arrive where we first started
    And know the place for the first time

6. The Following User Says Thank You to red_rose For This Post:

ulli (18th July 2011)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wings (here)
    I'm enjoying your thread. Keep posting. I'm not an astrologer, but occasionally look at charts out of interest.
    Thanks, Wings.
    Professing an interest is the first step to becoming a pro.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

Quote Posted by red_rose (here)

Asc Libra, Midheaven Leo
    Sun in Sagittarius is the 2nd house: idealistic, yet love your stuff...will never have too many money worries.
    Moon in Aquarius in the 4th: You LOVE your parents even though you may be a handful as a daughter, due to the square with Uranus and Mercury
    Mercury in Scorpio in the second: detective mind, sometimes quite psychic, very intuitive due to the conjunction with Uranus, you know EVERYTHINK, gurl!!
    Venus (hope you are sitting down) your Venus is afflicted due to a square from Saturn. There are two factors here against forming a happy love relationship: Venus being in Sagittarius means you can't commit, as the grass is always greener on the other side and the square from saturn means you don't really trust anyone, and thus keep you distance...yet thinking the "nobody loves me" wail.
    Mars in Virgo, 10th house: you are a dedicated work horse who will continuously strive to perfect your art.
    Jupiter in Virgo in the 10th adds even more emphasis to the above, and brings openings and plenty of success.
    Saturn in Virgo in the 11th...you see the council of wise and mature friends and are a loyal friend yourself.
    Uranus in Scorpio in the 2nd house square your moon which is in aquarius: this also can cause sudden mood swings which has others quite perplexed, although your family know and accept you and that's where you feel safest.
    Your toughest year was 2007, especially October. Also July of 1997 was very difficult.
    so if you don't have a website already I recommend that you get yourself one....make it beautiful and you will do extremely well.
    wow thanks Ulli. You hit the nail on the head with some aspects there. 1997 was around the time my parents split up which broke my idealist heart. 2007 can't quite think what was so wrong with that year, maybe that will come to me.

The love commitment I'm not sure about, I'm in an 8 year relationship but I'm not married so maybe that is showing it's head there, and I trust my partner with my life and heart.

Weirdly, I have recently been thinking about starting a website with a blog about getting involved with nature, hhhmmmm.

Some things did definitely resonate enough for me to look further into astrology, which I think your chart reading for people will provoke others to do. So don't feel disheartened that people aren't talking enough in this thread as you are being a catalyst as we speak.

red_rose
    About the Venus square Saturn...the cases where it does work out well, is when the partner is "saturnian" in some ways...
    that could be by either being a Capricorn, or having a Capricorn Ascendant or Moon, also if they are another sign, yet have Saturn in the first house.
    Another strong Saturn factor would be if they were born with saturn conjunct their sun. Sometimes having a planet in close proximity to one's sun can mean that the sign that planet rules is manifested louder than the actual sun sign.
    This is what I got from experience, rather than read in books.

All those factors produce a similar energy that your Venus could then relate to. If they also have a few sagittarian factors in their chart it means they allow you the space you require.
    Last edited by ulli; 18th July 2011 at 16:41.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

red_rose (18th July 2011)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks

Asc Libra, Midheaven Leo

red_rose
    About the Venus square Saturn...the cases where it does work out well, is when the partner is "saturnian" in some ways...
    that could be by either being a Capricorn, or having a Capricorn Ascendant or Moon, also if they are another sign, yet have Saturn in the first house.
    Another strong Saturn factor would be if they were born with saturn conjunct their sun. Sometimes having a planet in close proximity to one's sun can mean that the sign that planet rules is manifested louder than the actual sun sign.

All those factors produce a similar energy that your Venus could then relate to. If they also have a few sagittarian factors in their chart it means they allow you the space you require.
    Thank you.

My partner is a Sagittarius!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to red_rose For This Post:

ulli (18th July 2011)

13. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

Asc Libra, Midheaven Leo

red_rose

Thank you.

My partner is a Sagittarius!
    Well, two Sagittarians usually get along well, as they respect each others space.
    I am a Capricorn with the sun conjunct Jupiter (ruler of Sagittarius) and so I found me a Sadge.
    And he is a Sadge with the sun conjunct Saturn (ruler of Capricorn) and so he found himself a Capricorn.

By the way, my Venus is in the same place as yours, although not square Saturn...
    instead it is opposite Uranus, which accounts for the fact that I'm already in my third marriage.
    Third time lucky, so far it has lasted over 21 years.
    Last edited by ulli; 18th July 2011 at 17:53.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

red_rose (18th July 2011)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

Ulli,

I'm a right brain kind of person and I find astrology quite daunting. The sun in the thingy and the house of the thingy ect makes me go crosseyed!

Are you a left brained person?

I've never met a Capricorn, nice to meetcha!
    Last edited by red_rose; 18th July 2011 at 17:09.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to red_rose For This Post:

ulli (18th July 2011)

17. Link to Post #129
    Thanks

Ulli,

I'm a right brain kind of person and I find astrology quite daunting. The sun in the thingy and the house of the thingy ect makes me go crosseyed!

Yes, I am left brained. But I can totally understand your point, and I blame the language of astrology.
    The way to understand it is to mentally simply translate the house number into the sign's name.
    The annual movement makes the sign chart
    and the daily rotation makes the house chart,
    they are simply two charts overlapping.

So if you have the sun in say Virgo but in the first house,
    think Aries,
    and blend that with the Virgo factor.
    Hence you get a more pushy (Aries) Virgo.

And vice versa, if you are an Aries but were born just after sunset,
    hence the sun was in your 6th house (Virgo ruled)
    you get an analytical (Virgo) Aries.

it's just like cooking a soup, you add the ingredients and start stirring...
    in the end everything blends into the special flavour
    that makes the individual the unique being that they are.

Some of the more experienced astrologers don't even bother with the houses,
    knowing that information overload causes people's eye to glaze over,
    so they just give them info about their sun, moon and ascendant.

I tend to do the overload approach, having a full 6th house myself...
    I'm very analytical, but have sent some clients to sleep with all that info I offer.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks

Ulli,

Yes, I am left brained. But I can totally understand your point, and I blame the language of astrology.
    The way to understand it is to mentally simply translate the house number into the sign's name.
    The annual movement makes the sign chart
    and the daily rotation makes the house chart,
    they are simply two charts overlapping.

So if you have the sun in say Virgo but in the first house,
    think Aries,
    and blend that with the Virgo factor.
    Hence you get a more pushy (Aries) Virgo.

And vice versa, if you are an Aries but were born just after sunset,
    hence the sun was in your 6th house (Virgo ruled)
    you get an analytical (Virgo) Aries.

it's just like cooking a soup, you add the ingredients and start stirring...
    in the end everything blends into the special flavour
    that makes the individual the unique being that they are.

Some of the more experienced astrologers don't even bother with the houses,
    knowing that information overload causes people's eye to glaze over,
    so they just give them info about their sun, moon and ascendant.

I tend to do the overload approach, having a full 6th house myself...
    I'm very analytical, but have sent some clients to sleep with all that info I offer.
    note to self: read Ulli's message really really slowly, one sentence at a time, and it might make sense

20. The Following User Says Thank You to red_rose For This Post:

ulli (19th July 2011)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Here is your reading, Kathymarie

You have Aries Ascendant, and Capricorn Midheaven. A solid worker who is also capable to take initiatives and makes a born leader.
    Although your Cancer Moon made you a bit shy, and also very maternal, with your Cap amibition you struggled to balance home and office,
    in other words, supermum.
    Mercury in Sagittarius, in the 8th, you had some weird insights which is why you ended up here at Avalon, looking for explanation for the strangeness out there.
    Venus in Aquarius in the 11th, loads of friends, also Mars there, so friendship with both men and women,
    Jupiter in Taurus, in the first, you are hospitable and enjoy being a great hostess.
    Pluto in Leo in the 5th, your test and transformation came through your children...who made sure that you learnt who is in charge, lol.
    Uranus in cancer opposite the MC, either brings frequent job changes, or if only one job, then it's a uranian job, like in technology.
    But since it was in Cancer I could be wrong there....maybe a restaurant with vegetarian food.
    Neptune Saturn conjunction in the 6th house, means creativity, and great attention to detail, also hard working.
    Health could have been tricky at times, but then there are no bad angles to that conjunction, so maybe you were ok.
    You have Uranus square Moon coming up, will be exact at the end of August. Are you planning to move house?
    Moon rules the home, also mothers, so that area could be affected.
    The more you look into protecting this area the smoother the ride will be when the time comes and the angle is sharp.
    Being a Capricorn I'm sure you like to be prepared.
    Last edited by ulli; 18th July 2011 at 19:03.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

23. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

Here is the next group, although I'm going to take a little break now.
    If someone wants to give me a neck massage, go right ahead.

JohannaStarr, Finally There, Chuck, Klight, Chinasky,
    although I am tempted to leave FinallyThere till last.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

finally there!!! (19th July 2011), ktlight (18th July 2011)

25. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

Sun in Pisces, Mars in Scorpio

( a anonymous chart I did recently)

One of the lessons Pisceans teach the rest of the world is about oneness..
    the interconnectedness of everything.
    We are drops of one ocean.

Many Pisceans hardly know where they end and the next person begins...
    As if they are drops of water, with no membranes.

When you think of a water drop hanging in the air
    it has a fine film around it, giving it its boundaries.

Once it falls into a larger body of water those boundaries dissolve

The lesson which Pisceans have to learn here are to find balance,
    and that balance has to do with BECOMING independant individualists.

Because the soul does have an identity of it's own which can only be interfered with by Source
    Who is all loving, all knowing, all healing....the Source of All There Is

Only when in touch with Source does the predator/victim paradigm dissolve...
    no one feeding of anyone else, as all find the connection to the Source directly.

With Mars in Scorpio there are compulsions to penetrate...penetration being a Scorpio key word

But there are different types of penetration...intent and motive counts.

The thief and rapist does so without permission...

While the eye surgeon does it only when the patient has asked for his eye to be operated (penetrated)
    and signed a document giving permission

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Lisab (25th July 2011)

27. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

tried to separate two posts, but failed.
    Mod, I think I need help!!!

...it's ok, I fixed it.
    Last edited by ulli; 18th July 2011 at 19:04.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks

Here is your reading, Phimonic,

You are self confident, comfortable with public appearances, have musical abilities.
    You expect your work to be adventurous, and to produce immediate results.
    You are interested in anything foreign, people, cultures, travel, in other words: you are a seeker.
    You become bored quite easily.

You get on great with women, and have many women friends.

You will always have a hard time saving money, it takes conscious effort.

Early childhood education was quite strict, some obstacles there...maybe also difficulties with (older?) siblings...
    Parent relationship also intense.

Your greatest surprises will come via your children, and also your greatest inspiration.

Normally I don't bother telling Aries about their past as they are so action oriented that their memories don't function too well, but you may remember the last week of August of 2010...

that was a rough ride, which made you depressed.

Things are so much better now, although for the next few weeks your energy body becomes even more electric, and might affect your computers...
    so back up your hard drive.

And let me repeat one more time: keep an eye on those spending impulses.
    Shorten your Christmas shopping list.

thank you very much for the reading ulli! -
    very interesting and true.

actually i come along well with my older sister, but have problem with her, in the sense, that she talks too much about confident told issues , so i lost a lot of trust in her kind of. - also she doesn't really listen and understand me well, so i might seem a bit distanced to her.
    parents is an issue on its own, not really want to discuss in detail here. - they just not that open-minded - conservative thinking..

" Your greatest surprises will come via your children, and also your greatest inspiration. " - true that for sure!

-"Normally I don't bother telling Aries about their past as they are so action oriented that their memories don't function too well, but you may remember the last week of August of 2010... that was a rough ride, which made you depressed. " - i was mainly working very much as far as i remember, and then it was all for nothing in the end, - had left very much energy with that, at that time; so - yes.

but it's a shame i no have money at the moment to buy harddisks for backup . ^^ -would love to go shopping some hardware

again - thank you!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to phimonic For This Post:

ulli (19th July 2011)

31. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

here is your reading Ktlight
    It may be off by 1 hour until we establish exactly what daylight savings time was in effect.

Even though you have the sun in Aries which makes you quite adventurous and gutsy, if not reckless,
    by house position (4th) you are Cancerian and value your family and home atmosphere.
    You are quite attached to your roots.
    Mercury in Pisces in the third house means you have a flair for poetry,
    you are soft-spoken and artistic
    while Venus in Aries in the 4th makes you very loving, idealistically so.
    also you make sure your home is beautiful and stylishly decorated.
    Mars in Capricorn gives amibition and makes you a financial strategist, as it is in the second house.
    Butyou were a spendthrift before you learnt how to manage your money.

You need to watch out now as Pluto transiting through Capricorn is currently making a square to your Venus
    and I want to suggest that perhaps you consult someone else about this so as not to rely on me exclusively.

In any case matters of love are currently being tested in a deep way...
    You may be worried about a loved one or you own health is going through a bit of a crisis
    as Venus can sometimes be seen as the health planet.

With that Jupiter Saturn conjunction in Taurus I see more of the strategist, especially when it comes to investments.
    It gives frugal ability, due to the 6th house and you may have managed your money matters successfully through some stormy seas.
    Neptune at the midheaven in Virgo...you are a giver, and charities are important.
    I remember Princess Diana having that same placement.
    Pluto in Leo in the 8th...you are fascinated with the power games that are currently being played out on the world stage.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

[QUOTE=phimonic;265036]
    but it's a shame i no have money at the moment to buy harddisks for backup . ^^ -would love to go shopping some hardware

again - thank you!
    That's just my point...
    Mars in the second house combined with impulsive Aries sun means you are always broke.
    Most Aries people shop before the money arrives... and they never have enough, somehow.
    The discipline of doing with less is not for everyone...lol.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

phimonic (19th July 2011)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks

[QUOTE=ulli;265061]
    Quote Posted by phimonic (here)

again - thank you!
    That's just my point...
    Mars in the second house combined with impulsive Aries sun means you are always broke.
    Most Aries people shop before the money arrives... and they never have enough, somehow.
    big lol - yes - i guess i'm jinxed ^^

36. The Following User Says Thank You to phimonic For This Post:

ulli (19th July 2011)

37. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

the thing is that probably i need it that way - me having money would be a pain, i guess - HAHA
    if i had made money years ago - i would never have learned what i know now, - seems like living on the edge is a major issue , that drives me going. ^^

38. The Following User Says Thank You to phimonic For This Post:

ulli (19th July 2011)

39. Link to Post #140
    Thanks

Thanks a lot ulli!!!!

It all sounds accurate

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Spacyman For This Post:

ulli (19th July 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1 7 17 34 LastLast