+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 9 19 34 LastLast

Thread: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Astrology as a "Know Yourself" tool

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Carmody, you are the greatest. I am in awe of you and want to thank you for your great contributions.

Whenever people asked me how astrology worked I would offer a little theory of my own, which doesn't compare to yours.
    My explanation was based on something I had read in one of my Gurdjieff books, namely that shocks raise consciousness, and memory depends on consciousness.
    The greatest shock or surprise we experience in life happens when the umbilical cord is cut, and air enters our lungs for the first time. At that moment there most be a feeling of immediate extinction, yet " helloooo, I' still here!!!"
    It is at that moment that whatever cosmic energies are crisscrossing the room, they are leaving an imprint in each cell, maybe at the DNA level, that gets triggered at later times whenever planets pass those spots.
    Of course this was just intuitive speculation on my part.
    I was wondering what you might think about the contribution of our glands in this context.
    I just saw this post again. I'll have to respond at another time. (next few days) I do have my theories...
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), ulli (20th July 2011)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Setting oneself up as an astrologer means that one may be targeted by religious zealots...as their interpretation of bible text seems to give them a green light to go out on witch hunts.
    It has happened to me in the past, and it never ceases to amaze me when I see the followers of the religion of love thy neighbor going out on hate rampages.

Here is an article that addresses the issue of astrology and religion.

http://www.luckystarz.com/Articles/phipps.html

¤=[Post Update]=¤

For those who don't like to click on a link I pasted it here:

[Return to Lucky Star Newsletter | Return to Lucky Star]

"How can you believe in astrology?," my devout Christian friends have asked me. I tell them that astrology is not a belief system, but an archetypal, poetic language. I don't ask you if you believe in Japanese. I ask if you speak it. I don't ask you if you believe in music, I ask if you play it. I happen to speak the heavenly tongue of astrology along with thousands of other highly intelligent, inspiring, spiritual and even scientific astrologers.

Their skepticism persists due to what they've been taught about the Bible and so I decide to go into their home field and initiate the conversation about Biblical insights into astrology, one of my favorite topics.

"The Bible totally supports the practice of astrology," I boldly claim staring into horrified eyes.

"That's crazy," they say. "Astrology is the work of the Devil. You don't need the stars to direct your life, you just need Jesus."

"But, even Jesus respected the wisdom of the heavens," I say. "Let me see your Bible. I'll show you proof that astrology is a divinely bestowed gift to humanity." I open to the Psalms and begin reading verse 19:1-3, "The heavens declare the glory of God. The skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech. Night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard."

"That sounds to me like the heavens are supposed to speak, to declare insights, reveal knowledge and that no language even exists that does not contain the voice of the heavens."

"Okay, so one Psalm by King David says the heavens speak.God can speak through anything: people, places, events. It doesn't mean we have to govern our lives by the stars."

"But, it does indicate that we can have a conversation with eternal being through the motions of the heavens. The Bible speaks clearly about the purpose of the sun, moon and stars." I open to Genesis 1:14-18.

And God said, let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth and to rule over the day and over the night and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

There you have it. Even in the King James Version. When I interpret charts I illuminate for clients their potential, both shadow and light, to help them accept their whole being and to help them live the full expression of their gifts. We also probe and improve on their weaknesses. When I look at the transits and progressions, I explain the qualities and potential of the seasons, days and years, giving guidance based on the motions and cycles of heavenly bodies reflecting psychological states and the flow of events. My aim is not to predict the future, but to help people live more fully in the present, navigating the currents of life with skill. We all have heard that to everything under the sun there is a season (Ecclesiastes 3:1-10). In Psalms 104:19 it says, "The moon marks off the seasons and the sun knows when to set." When I read a chart, whether it's for a person, city, nation, or event, I am using the heavens as the Bible says, to read the signs.

"Wow," the person says, still dismayed by my intense faith in astrology. "That's interesting."

"That's just the beginning," I continue. "Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes. My study of astrology has given vital proof of divine intelligence behind the universe."

Mazzaroth, The Twelve Signs of the Zodiac

In Job, God asked his humble servant a series of questions involving the wondrous miracles performed. In Job 38:31-33, God asks, "Can you bind the sweet influences of the Pleiades or loose the bonds of Orion? Can you bring forth the Mazzaroth in their seasons? Or can you guide Arcturus with his sons? Do you know the principles of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth?"

Thus, God is proclaiming that there are principles in the heavens and that they govern life on earth. Furthermore, God is responsible for bringing forth the Mazzaroth in their seasons. Most Bibles avoid translating this sacred word, Mazzaroth, because it literally means "the twelve signs of the zodiac" in Hebrew. So, God created the zodiac and brings them forth in their seasons. He explains that heavenly constellations like the Pleiades and Orion have influences that can be unleashed.

We don't have to be afraid of signs from the heavens. God speaks through them. In Judges 5:20 it describes the stars in battle. "They fought from the heaven. The stars in their courses fought against Ciceria." In Jeremiah 10:2 it says, "…do not be dismayed by signs from heaven." We need to be open to the realization of messages in the heavens. In Psalms 136:7-9, it says, "Who made the great lights? His love endures forever; the sun to govern the day, the moon and stars to govern the night." In Psalms 147:3-4 it says, "God heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of stars and calls them each by name." The Hebrew word shem means name, a mark of character, individuality, honor and authority. Stars have all that, according to the Bible. Again, in Isaiah 40:26 we hear, "Lift your eyes on high and behold who has created these. He who brings forth the starry hosts by numbers one by one and calls them forth by character."

In Daniel 1:20 it says, "Daniel was given divine insight by God, even the ability to understand visions and dreams. In every matter of Babylonian wisdom and understanding, they (Daniel and his friends) were ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in the whole kingdom." Thus, the followers of the Eternal One imprisoned in a land of astrologers cultivated the wisdom of the heavens that was ten times better than the average astrologer of the day.

In Psalms 89:35-37 God says, "I will not lie to David that his line will continue forever and his throne endure before me like the sun. It will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky." God describes the moon here as the faithful witness in the sky. In astrology the moon governs daily emotional tides and colors events and moods by its changing position.

Rahab, The Planet Between Mars and Jupiter

In Job (one of the oldest Biblical texts) 26:12 it says that by, "God's wisdom he cut Rahab to pieces." Rahab is the ancient planet between Jupiter and Mars, which is now an asteroid field. The ancients recorded this planet in their star charts and created many myths about its mysterious destruction. The content of these stories always concerned the loss of the sacred feminine. In modern astrology we are attempting to heal this gap in consciousness by reintegrating the feminine archetypes into our work. In the original Hebrew both the masculine and feminine archetypes are equally respected and integrated into the symbols of their language.

The Hebrew word for light used when God says, "The sun, moon and stars were created for giving light on the earth," is aur. The Hebrew writers were well versed in the sacred language of archetypes. They were able to contemplate truth through symbol as each letter of their alphabet held an archetypal meaning. Aleph, the beginning letter of aur symbolizes unthinkable vibration, the sacred spirit of life, infinite potential and eternal possibility. Vav, the middle letter, symbolizes the process of divine fertilization emanating from the creative void. Raysh, the final letter, symbolizes the hidden movement of cosmic possibility as creation. Hidden in the letters of Hebrew light we discover its deeper meaning, the infinite potential of the sacred spirit fertilizing creation.

The first line of the Bible says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." When you break it down into archetypal Hebrew it means the first fruits of the spirit aspiring to express eternity through a fountain of divine wisdom were the creation of the celestial dimensions and the manifest world. Now that casts a whole new light on Biblical translation. The Hebrew word for astrologer is ashaph which breaks down to the spirit communicates through the sacred flames.

The word aur, for light, means illumination, but also radiance, happiness and joy in the original Hebrew, just as night layil also means adversity, challenge and resistance. You hear the ancient root of light in words like aura, aurora, our own Uranus, the planet of divine intuition and in Ur, the ancient city of light, home of the legendary Abraham, father of the Hebrews in the land of Chaldea.

According to Berosus, a Chaldean historian and priest, in the tenth generation after the Biblical flood there was a man among the Chaldeans (astrologers) called Abram (later changed to Abraham) who mastered skill in the celestial language of the heavens.[1] Close to the beginning of the Age of Aries, two millennia before Christ, God called Abraham to migrate west to start the Hebrew civilization.

The Old Testament, from which I've been quoting, describes the Age of Aries from the perspective of the Hebrews. Terah, who was the father of Abraham, left Ur at that time. Ur was a flourishing port city, a center for trade between India and Egypt. To symbolize the Age, Abraham sacrificed God's provision, the ram. Across the world, bull sacrifices from the Age of Taurus were giving way to ram sacrifices as the equinoxes precessed and the quality of times changed. God became known as Jehovah, the warrior God, as Aries exemplifies the archetype of the warrior, pioneer and leader. It was a militant age of sacred ram veneration.

The Twelve Tribes

Abraham was a wise spiritual seeker, but also a brave warrior. Moses later became another fiery leader of this Age. They both studied the ancient sciences of the Egyptians and understood that the twelve signs of the Mazzaroth were the immortal thoughts of God that penetrate creation. The twelve tribes of Israel (Abraham's grandsons) are associated with the twelve signs of the zodiac. According to Jewish astrologers, the Hebrews accepted Deuteronomy 32:8 as proof of the fact that people are divided into twelve distinct personality types. It says, "When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the boundaries of the people according to the number of the tribes of Israel." In astrology twelve archetypal forces divide people.

The characteristics of the twelve tribes were given both by Jacob in Genesis 49 when he blesses his sons and again in Deuteronomy 33 when Moses blesses the tribes. They correspond to the basic meanings of the twelve signs used today. God ordered Moses to have the twelve tribes camp around the holy tabernacle in the exact order of the zodiac with the entrance to the temple facing east. The four gateways to the camp were Judea, Rueben, Ephraim and Dan. These four tribes correspond to the exact description in Ezekiel and Revelations of the four living creatures before the throne of God, which were the lion, the bull, the man and the eagle. These four ancient symbols correspond to our own astrological signs of Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio which contain the four royal stars of Persia, Regulus in Leo, Aldebaran in Taurus, Formalhaut in Aquarius, Antares in Scorpio.[2] God even directs Moses to have the tribes march through the desert starting with Judea (Leo) and going backwards towards the camps of Rueben (Taurus), Ephraim (Aquarius) and Dan (Scorpio). This is the exact motion of the equinoctial precession that gives rise to the flow of the astrological ages, a 26,000-year cycle.

Moses, like Joseph, was well versed in Egyptian astrology. As the adopted son of pharaoh's daughter he was well educated in all the mystery school wisdom of Egypt. The Hebrew word for Egypt is mitsuri, the land of mystery. In Acts 7:22 it says, "Moses was trained in all the wisdom of the Egyptians and was powerful in speech and action." He was the perfect warrior prophet for the Arian age.

Aaron's breastplate was set with twelve sacred stones each symbolizing a Hebrew tribe and thus, a zodiac sign. Joshua 4:6 says, "God is remembered by twelve stones in a circle." The Hebrews created elaborate rituals based on a lunar calendar. In astrology New Moons symbolize beginnings and the sacred feast of Israel instituted by God's commands to Moses through visions, were based on the phases of the Moon. The day of the New Moon was a day of feasting and blowing trumpets (Numbers 10:10). Psalms 81:3 says, "Sound the ram's horn at the new moon and when the moon is full, on the day of our feast." The seventh New Moon was the time of the holy convocation feast and the Full Moon of this month was the Feast of Tabernacles to celebrate harvest. The seventh sign in astrology is Libra, symbolizing balance and love and the Full Moon symbolizes illumination, vision and fulfillment, the time when emotional response is highest. Passover was observed from the Full Moon to the waning quarter, a period symbolic of illumination and the dissemination of truth.

The Age of Pisces

The Age of Aries gradually gave way to the next sign of the zodiac, Pisces, the archetype of universal love and compassion through selfless service. The three Chaldean Magi followed the star across the Arabian Desert in search of the incoming spiritual master of love. Three astrologers utilized the language of the heavens to discover the long-prophesized Hebrew Messiah. Modern research has revealed that Jesus may have been born closer to 7 BCE around the time of the Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus triple conjunction in Pisces. Every astrologer inspired to research the illusive chart of Christ has a pet theory as to the exact birth date. My own research lead me to conclude that he was born on September 16, 7 BCE around midnight in Bethlehem. In any case, the ultimate spiritual mystic arrived to teach the Way as High Priest of the Order of the Melchizedek (as the Bible refers to him in Hebrews 6:20).

Jesus embodied the Piscean archetype, linking the first sign Aries with the last sign Pisces, the alpha with the omega, starting not just one new age, but a whole cycle of twelve ages. People began spiritually cleansing themselves through the baptismal rites, as Pisces is a water element sign. Suddenly, water was sacred (as opposed to fire) and the fish became holy. Early Christians would identify themselves by drawing the sign of Pisces in the sand. Jesus spoke often of the age of his birth as a preparation age for the Age of Enlightenment to follow. He was referring to the Age of Aquarius that is symbolized by the cosmic man bearing the pitcher of the living waters of life, pouring it throughout the universe. At Jesus' first Jupiter return (age 12) he began instructing the Priests at the temple, saying to his parents, "Let me be about my work." After his first Saturn return (age 30) he became intensely devoted to teaching and demonstrating the way of unconditional love. He selected twelve disciples each with a character similar to one of the twelve signs. At the Last Supper Jesus washed the feet of the disciples. In astrology each sign governs a part of the body. Pisces symbolizes the feet.

The Bible is strangely silent on the so-called lost years of Jesus between ages 12 and 30. Some sources like The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus[3], channeled by a Christian minister at the dawn of the 20th century, tell a marlvelous story about how Jesus journeyed throughout Persia, India, Greece and Egypt walking all paths of life. The Christians maintain that he stayed home and humbly served as a carpenter all his life until he got the call to begin his ministry.

The New Testament is full of clues and insights that point to Jesus' respect and reverence for astrology. The most obvious quote is Luke 21:25 when he says, "At the end of this Age there will be signs in the sun, moon and stars…the heavenly bodies will be shaken." (Literally, the heavenly forces will be agitated.) It's in the red print. Jesus said it. He tells his twelve disciples that the age to come will be foreshadowed by signs in the heavens. That is what God said they were supposed to be used for. Signs give directions and guidance to help us navigate life.

The Age of Aquarius

The Age of Aquarius is surely on the rise! Astronomically, the Aries Ingress won't reach the first stars of Aquarius until around 2376 CE, but the symbols of Aquarius are actually alive in the imaginations of the people. Ever since the discovery of Uranus in 1781 the world has been struggling for freedom, independence and human rights in addition to great inventions and advances in science. In the year 2080 Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus will align in the sign of Aquarius similarly to the Piscean configuration of 7 BCE. On the solstice of 2020 Jupiter and Saturn will conjunct in Aquarius. The times are ripe for a new dispensation focused on creative originality, cosmic vision and universal awareness. The next time your religious friends start bad mouthing the celestial language of astrology you'll be armed with Biblical insight.

Astrology asks for a realization of our connection to space, divine being and the process of eternal change. As an intuitive, symbolic language and art of celestial cycles, it not only helps you navigate change, but also teaches you to tap your creative potential. Most people think astrology is about predicting the future, but really it is about diving into the unknown and living the mystery each day. Astrology opens the gateway within so you can discover the sacred silence and encounter the archetypes of creation. This unified spectrum of twelve images symbolizes the image of eternal being.

[1] The First Astrologer. Fielden, Fran. Better Books. Charlotte, NC. 1988.

[2] Brady's Book of Fixed Stars. Brady, Bernadette. Samuel Weiser, Inc. 1998.

[3] The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ. Dowling, Levy. DeVorss And Company. Marina del Rey, CA. 1907.
    ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Kelly Lee Phipps is the author of Celestial Renaissance: A Revolution of Astrology and Brazenwood, an astrology-inspired fantasy adventure novel. He is actively involved in advancing the field of astrology based in Asheville, NC interpreting birth visions for folks across the globe. Currently Kelly is working on a number of book projects including The Tao of Astrology, Living the Mystery: The Physics of Consciousness and Book Two of the Star*Elf Dodecagy called The Unicorn's Shadow.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

777 (20th July 2011), Calz (20th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), Ernie Nemeth (23rd July 2011), Lisab (21st July 2011), SHAPE (20th July 2011), Wings (20th July 2011)

5. Link to Post #163
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    look for 'aspects' on the right hand bar. (First time the word aspect is used and on it's own in that right hand bar). Click on that.

The sum total is just a number. for example, I may be issued plenty of challenges in this life, even though my number of 'negative' influences are low. Any mechanical idea of success (overall population's ideas on societal success) may be less than that of someone with high energy levels that they have to 'struggle with'. (those 'negative' numbers.)

However, those energies may play out in that a high score may and does seem to indicate the level of energies available to the given individual.

Thus someone with high numbers may be able to bring more overall energy to bear into and within a given situation. Or, conversely, be given/handed more energy to deal with in good or difficult situations.

Recall that everyone is stressed to their personal limits, in order to create the need for reflection and contemplation - sooner or later it comes for all of us. That appears to be the design of this giant multi-dimensional dance through time and timelines.
    Thank you ... I've got it now. Mine: 3007 -561 2446

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wings For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011)

7. Link to Post #164
    Thanks

Anyone interested in the curse of Tecumseh and why every president elected in a year ending with zero would die in office
    Will enjoy this article.
    George W. Bush was the exception....one wonders what made that possible.
    Reagan who was elected in 1980 survived an assasination attempt but succumbed to Alzheimers disease.

Here is the article:
    Tecumseh’s Curse and the Death of President Bush

by Ken Kalb

Tecumseh’s Curse

There was a deep mystical tradition among the Shawnee Indians of the Ohio valley, embodied in the teachings and practices of a sage called "the Prophet," emboldened by his brother, the great Chief Tecumseh. Tecumseh felt that all Indians were one people, and insisted that only with the consent of all — could land rightly be ceded by or purchased from an individual tribe. For several years, he successfully journeyed from tribe to tribe, working with Indians of all sections to secure their cooperation in this great work of unification. Tecumseh was a daring visionary -- a powerful orator, remarkable military chief, successful negotiator, and enthusiastic leader. Indeed, the flame of hatred for the white man burned in his heart, and he swore eternal vengeance against the white race for decimating his proud nation.

When the United States refused to recognize Tecumseh’s unification principle, he bound together the Native Americans of the Old Northwest, the South, and the Eastern Mississippi Valley as a military force to defend Native American rights to the land. His plan failed with the defeat of his brother, the Shawnee Prophet, at the battle of Tippecanoe in 1811. Although history reports the battle of Tippecanoe a draw, it nevertheless broke the power of the Shawnee, and became known historically as marking the collapse of the Native American military movement.

Legend transmits that after the historic battle of Tippecanoe, Tecumseh released prisoners with a prophetic message for General William Henry Harrison -- a prophecy that has come to be known as -- "Tecumseh's Curse." 

"'Harrison will win next year to be the Great Chief….... He will die in his office….. I who caused the Sun to darken and Red Men to give up firewater tell you Harrison will die. And after him, every Great Chief chosen every 20 years thereafter will die. And when each one dies, let everyone remember the death of our people."

Indeed, in 1841, President William Henry Harrison died of Pneumonia, and for 140 years -- every President elected every 20 years died in office -- except for President Ronald Reagan who survived a close assassination attempt. (Reagan, however, did develop Alzheimer’s, and was the only President to use the timing advice of an astrologer for all public appearances!). Is this just coincidence or the curse from the collective wrath of millions of Native Americans? As George Bush heads toward the completion of his first term, many wonder if he will be the next victim of Tecumseh’s prophetic curse.

Presidential Death Stars

For thousands of years astrologers of antiquity have made a connection between the twenty-year Jupiter-Saturn cycle and major socio-cultural-political events. Jupiter and Saturn are the two most distant planets visible to the naked eye. The ancients regarded Saturn, the boundary between our solar system and the universe -- the "Great Chronocrator" -- a cosmic clock timing significant periods in human history. When faster moving Jupiter crosses over Saturn every 19.8 years, a new cycle begins oftentimes marked by cataclysmic events.

Since 1840, this conjunction has coincided with the Zero-year Presidential elections. When the contraction (Saturn) and expansion (Jupiter) urge merge, there is a certain wringing out of the karmic towel in human affairs. Jupiter rules politicians, Saturn rules death, and the apex of the political archetype is indeed the President. For 120 years until 1960 when the cycle was marginally broken, this conjunction occurred only in Earth signs. Only the 1960 conjunction occurred in an Air sign, and many astrologers attribute President Reagan's assassination escape to this elemental position. But In 2000, the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction returned once again to an Earth sign! Does this portend an incipient visit to the other side by President Bush? Later, we will examine his chart.

Astrologers fall into two camps on which chart to use for the birth of America. One chart shows Scorpio Rising. Scorpio, co-ruled by Pluto and Mars, rules aggression, death, the atomic age, physical health, secrecy, and intensity. Sound familiar? Chart ruler Mars, god of war, sits in the Eighth house of death in America’s chart forming an afflicted square to Neptune which also forms a hard aspect to the Midheaven -- point of national destiny. Though Jupiter and Saturn indeed conjoined in Earth sign Taurus in 2000, the eighth harmonic, the astrological trigger of the chart, won’t be squeezed again until 2005-2006. And the Jupiter/Saturn conjunction is not a precisely timed indicator, occurring every 19.8 years with the deaths averaging every 21 years.

Another popular time-tested chart is the so-called "Gemini-rising" chart, which I used successfully in my book "The Grand Catharsis" to predict many events, including the Persian Gulf War. Famed astrologer Evangeline Adams also used this chart to forecast the US entry into World War II. This chart finds Aquarius — co-ruled by Saturn and Uranus -- on the Midheaven, which signifies the Presidency. The eighth house signifies death, and Capricorn sits on the eighth cusp, making Saturn the ruler of death. Both charts present moderate evidence for this Presidential Death cycle.

Then again, perhaps the Juju of the Native American curse is well beyond the realm of Western astrology.

For the Record

Since Tecumseh's prophetic curse, here are the Presidents every 20 years and the Vice-presidents who inherited the Presidency:

1840, William Henry Harrison
    Died April 6, 1841 of pneumonia.    
    Vice President John Tyler

1860, Abraham Lincoln
    Assassinated April 14, 1865
    Succeeded by Vice President Andrew Johnson

1880, James Abram Garfield
    Assassinated July 2, 1881
    Succeeded by Vice President Chester Alan Arthur

1900, William McKinley
    Assassinated September, 6 1901
    Succeeded by Vice President Theodore Roosevelt

1920, Warren Gamaliel Harding
    Died August 2, 1923 from food poisoning
    Succeeded by Vice President Calvin Coolidge

1940, Franklin Delano Roosevelt
    Died April 12, 1945, stroke, medical records missing
    Succeeded by Vice President Harry Truman

1960, John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    Assassinated November 22, 1963
    Succeeded by Vice President Lydon Baines Johnson

1980, Ronald Wilson Reagan
    Assassination attempt on March 30, 1981
    Succeeded by his Vice President George Bush by election.

2000 George W. Bush?
    Against All Odds

From Washington through Clinton, there have been 47 Presidential elections during which nine Vice Presidents inherited the Presidency -- about 18 percent.  And, there have actually been 53 inaugurations, lowering the natural baseline odds of death in office to about 15 percent. For zero years, however, with seven out of a possible eight dying (and the eighth being Reagan), the odds of reoccurrence rise to a meteoric 87.5%.

Bush’s Chart

Examining Bush’s chart always makes me smile as it is the chart of a true "charmer." You may view it in the Chart Gallery on the Lucky Star website at: http://www.luckystarz.com. Transiting Jupiter in Leo has just crossed Bush’s ascendant and will spend most the next six months conjoining his stellium of Leo planets, while sextiling his stellium of Libra planets. President Bush should continue to enjoy popularity and continue to get his way for awhile. However, in about a year, Saturn conjuncts Bush’s Sun at 13 degrees of Cancer! Does Lord of Karma Saturn invoke the Spirit of Chief Tecumseh once again? Time will tell.

Ken Kalb is an author, publisher, and astrologer with over 800 published articles and 4 books. He is the director of Lucky Star Astrological Services. In the last 6 years, he has been the vortex of the global LightShift 2000 peace initiative, bringing millions together in Spirit for quantum global meditations to raise planetary consciousness. The August 11, 1999 Total Solar Eclipse, 1/1/2000, May 3-28 World Illumination Days, and 1/1/2001 Millennium meditations are among the largest spiritual convergences in history. The LightShift 2000 website is www.lightshift.com and Lucky Star is www.luckystarz.com . Email Ken at dolfunman@aol.com

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (21st July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011)

9. Link to Post #165
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Dear Ulli,
    I studied astrology during most of the 70's and have done charts also. I agree with you in that giving our your birth data to amateurs who have no integrity, understanding or respect for the art is a dangerous thing. It is akin to someone getting your credit card information. Most people would protect their birth data much more carefully if they knew what the chart reveals. In my early years I made many mistakes seeking information about my chart and was too trusting and naieve and learned the hard way. I no longer practice except for one friend, myself, and political/entertainment figures as regards the news or world events.

Also the Eastern astrology is quite different and I have no clue as to how that works. Also, lots of dissention about adding asteroids, size of orbsf, etc. I studied from a meat and potatoes astrologer who used small orbs and no other asteroids. Anyway, I am happy to see the thread and the object here is for fun and entertainment. I found that just going into the sun and moon signs was enough to really get some validation for the art. For me, I am not swayed by all the new findings and systems. The astrology I was taught works! Keep it simple, lol. Great thread.

Love & Light,
    Star

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star For This Post:

Calz (21st July 2011), ulli (20th July 2011)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star (here)
    Dear Ulli,
    I studied astrology during most of the 70's and have done charts also. I agree with you in that giving our your birth data to amateurs who have no integrity, understanding or respect for the art is a dangerous thing. It is akin to someone getting your credit card information. Most people would protect their birth data much more carefully if they knew what the chart reveals. In my early years I made many mistakes seeking information about my chart and was too trusting and naieve and learned the hard way. I no longer practice except for one friend, myself, and political/entertainment figures as regards the news or world events.

Also the Eastern astrology is quite different and I have no clue as to how that works. Also, lots of dissention about adding asteroids, size of orbsf, etc. I studied from a meat and potatoes astrologer who used small orbs and no other asteroids. Anyway, I am happy to see the thread and the object here is for fun and entertainment. I found that just going into the sun and moon signs was enough to really get some validation for the art. For me, I am not swayed by all the new findings and systems. The astrology I was taught works! Keep it simple, lol. Great thread.

Love & Light,
    Star
    Thank you for your comments, Star. I agree with you, totally, and I also prefer not to get lost in reading the asteroids.
    Although the little bit I learnt about the fixed star Regulus at 29 degrees of Leo has shown me something about how there is a field of study there, too.
    It really deludes those who have a planet there into thinking they are royalty.
    And then they suffer when their supposed "subjects" don't do as they are told. Major personalty clash area.

When doing reading or healing services for others I guess each person feels comfortable with whatever they resonate with, or are guided to.
    Whatever it is you read for another person, whether palms, Tarot cards, asteroids, planets...if it helps them connect to their reality, it is good.
    And what does good, is good.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (21st July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), Star (20th July 2011)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Carmody, my values are really, really low.
    801 - 483 318

I noticed he gave my Mars Mercury conjunction a really high value, over 400, but only a 7 for my Pluto Ascendant conjunction...probably doesn't think much of Pluto.
    Yet it is one of my greatest strengths...helps me to regenerate my energies after I get sick...and without it I probably would not have made it past my childhood.
    Meanwhile that Mars Mercury conjunction brought me quarrels, an over-active mind, disconnects me from my feeling body....so I don't quite understand on what values he based his values.
    Does he think all of our energy supply comes only from Mars?
    Maybe one day I will ask him.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (21st July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Carmody, my values are really, really low.
    801 - 483 318

I noticed he gave my Mars Mercury conjunction a really high value, over 400, but only a 7 for my Pluto Ascendant conjunction...probably doesn't think much of Pluto.
    Yet it is one of my greatest strengths...helps me to regenerate my energies after I get sick...and without it I probably would not have made it past my childhood.
    Meanwhile that Mars Mercury conjunction brought me quarrels, an over-active mind, disconnects me from my feeling body....so I don't quite understand on what values he based his values.
    Does he think all of our energy supply comes only from Mars?
    Maybe one day I will ask him.
    I think he's still working the system out. There needs to be another level of analysis. Which of course, would be whether the aspect is coming or going and what it combines or interacts with.

For example, something you don't need to be told..which is that there is conflict in the chart, which is the (-) values. The issues you are working on. And as you grow, we suspect that those energies change in nature, or of course..that they don't happen all at one time.

As well, when you check into his daily reports based on your given horoscope, one can find that what appears to be a 'low energy' chart for the given person can have very powerful alignments with the given positions of the planets in the 'now'. Suddenly the world becomes a place of potency in interactions and results for someone with a 'low number' score with this analysis of his. For example with your score in the 800 range, you may have found that if you change the date for your times in business in earlier years, some of those days and periods may have averaged 3000 or 4000.

(Which is why I cautioned people to be careful with those numbers. They are just numbers for analysis and one should not weigh one's self worth by such a thing. Which you have not done, obviously. We are musing on the concepts)

IMO, the ascendant is showing itself to be, to me..one of the more powerful aspects in the chart. Potentially, the reality of the 'earth' aspect itself, is what it is..combined with the 'spirit' and the Sun energies..as a 'flavor of being' (existing, as a flow) that holds great sway in the interpretation of reality by the given individual incarnating in the given avatar. I'm saying that the only evidence of the reflection of the prime earth vibration in the horoscope is held in these angular and house aspects, head and tail of the dragon, part of fortune, etc. I'd have to go back and check..but..is your Pluto in the first? Which might weigh it considerably higher. Like a bigger 'earth bound being-view-doorway' resonance with Pluto than the raw 'numbers' may indicate.

when playing with OBE's and astral planes on a regular basis..I found that the ascendant was playing through quite heavily. Meaning when the dawn crested the horizon, I'd snap back into being in my body. Consistently.

So the idea of the angle of the position of the sun's dawn, at the moment of physical birth, this seems to be a quite powerful point. Always interesting to note who 'the angel of the dawn' was. And all those rising sun images in the secret societies. (Essentially 'ego' societies-ascendant societies-the analysis holds through with the known record of their given histories) This is also connected to the idea of the collection of the dawn's dew for the purpose of using it in making the philosopher's stone (Once again, secret societies)...which gives access to the same energies as the OBE's and astral travel. (entry and exit of the body by the spirit-the philosopher's stone is definitely access to this door-this 'ascendant' function) This is tied to scalar energy levels of the given molecular order and level of angular entry into this reality of the 'charged and polarized' water of the dawn's dew. the condensation and the energy pattern of the dew from the dawn.

That the soul is considered to enter the body at this moment, the true dawn on the horizon at birth... this seems to be quite potent and is one of the few true 'permanent' effects of the given horoscope. Transits are powerful yes, as event type markers, but the notes of permanence can and do have unending patterns of influence that are so universal and constant that the given being has little recognition of them, for they don't change. Thus, due to connection of Pluto to the ascendant, it is part of the permanent rose colored glasses that you interpret reality through and by. Like a light or filter that is always on, with a specific tone and level of light/imagery.
    Last edited by Carmody; 20th July 2011 at 15:54.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (21st July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), skyflower (22nd July 2011), ulli (20th July 2011)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

here is your reading, Chuck

since your birthtime is not exact I didn't bother with the Ascendant, which could be either in Pisces or Aries...
    nor the house positions of planets that could fall into either one of two houses.
    I don't like to speculate...unless I know a person really well, and it becomes obvious from their behaviour.
    You have the sun in Scorpio, Mercury in Scorpio and Neptune in Scorpio
    which makes you intense, dynamic, powerful, peace-loving, unless you lose your cool,
    when all that repressed energy burst out like a volcano in eruption...
    then there is a lot of anger
    The reason why people fear Scorpios so much is because when they blow their lid
    then whoever is around at that moment ends up getting punished
    even for what others did long time ago when they stepped on Scorpio's toes,
    yet in the name of peace he let them get away with it,
    and instead shoved the incidence deep down into his underground sewer.
    Then when the last straw, however small, breaks the camel's back that sewer lid flies up the air and the SHTF.

This sentence above is not meant personal,
    as you might have dealt with this issue long time ago,
    but I wrote it anyway, as many people still don't quite understand how the Scorpio energy thingy works.
    And there are Scorpios readers here who might like to get this insight about themselves.
    next, you have the moon, Venus and Jupiter in Sagittarius.
    This is great as it makes you jovial. Jovial means generous, it comes from the word Jove, which means Jupiter,
    the ruling planet of Sagittarius.
    So this colors your attitudes regarding home matters (moon) and love matters (Venus)
    and having Jupiter in Sagittarius really brings with it a freedom-loving streak
    and search nature that as soon as someone tries to get their claws into you you are gone.
    Which means you have a conflict between needing people and not needing people.
    Mars in Cancer makes you protective, business oriented, gives patience for long-term projects.
    Uranus and Pluto in the 6th house brings health issues...either being sick or on a healer's mission
    with Uranus there either exploring alternative healing matters or getting illnesses
    that no one can diagnose as they are so rare.
    You are a hard worker and ambitious (Mars Saturn opposition) and can be excessively authoritarian.
    During the coming weeks, starting August 10th, I advise you to take care of your health.
    Avoid places where you could get infected.
    August 16th, 17th, and the 26th are sensitive dates.
    By September things should get back to normal.
    1987 was a tough year, January 1996, also 1997...these were periods of crisis for you.
    What's ahead is nothing as fierce, and much more short-lasting,
    but as you will have your awareness directed to the planets,
    you can study first-hand how these energies affect us all.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Chuck (20th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011)

19. Link to Post #170
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,604 times in 409 posts

uli... you have my attention lol! I will respond more later. Thank you for your considerable effort in promoting your science here. You have convinced me that you know your stuff and that astrology can be helpful. Thank you for igniting an interest.

Furthermore, it is not common for people to give unconditionally like you have here. Thank you for that.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

araucaria (20th July 2011), dan i el (21st July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), Lisab (25th July 2011), ulli (20th July 2011)

21. Link to Post #171
    Ireland Avalon Member finally there!!!'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Ulli thanks for the wonderful reading you certainly have a gift. Seriously most of what you wrote was spot on and not only that its been a bit of an eye opener for me..
    I see all of this as part of my journey.it also gives me extra courage and belief in the way I want my life to go.. when you said I probably had a tough time off late you couldn't be more wrong I'm probably the happiest iv ever been
    so that to me means I'm changing for the better I refuse to let the negative in my life any more. So as i said before thanks so much this has helped in so many ways especially with my mam so thank you thank you thank you

Love and Respect

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finally there!!! For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), ulli (20th July 2011)

23. Link to Post #172
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 times in 399 posts

Hi Ulli, I'd love a reading if you're still up for doing them?

Incase you are, here is my info:

17th November 1978
    Shrewsbury
    England

If you have the time I'd be very interested, this thread is great! Thanks for all the effort you've put in.

24. Link to Post #173
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I would really like to know what you do read for me as well.

I'll Pm the date and location of birth.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamikaze For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), ulli (21st July 2011)

26. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

Here is your reading, JohannaStarr

You have Aquarius Ascendant, so you come across as bright, independant, head-strong. If there is any uncertainty aboutthe time of your birth, and you were born 15 minutes later you would have a Pisces Ascendant, which gives quite a different personality.
    Up to you to figure that out..friends can help, too.
    Your sun was in Gemini, in the 4th house. gemini makes you adaptable, also flexible, you can mirror whoever you are around and always want to connect people up with each other. The born agent or middle man. Fourth house connects you to your roots, family, home.
    The moon in Capricorn, this governs your emotions and responses...you come across as aloof, even though you like people on the whole, yet keep a reserved distance until the ice is broken. Some say the Capricorn moon also gives sleep problems, can I ask you to please give me some feedback on that?
    Mercury (mental concepts, communication, thought) was in Cancer and in the 5th...you are great with children, love playing with them...somehow want to keep your own childhood going.
    Venus in Gemini in the third, gives talent for story telling, also nice bond with siblings, if any.
    Mars in Taurus in the second...at work once you get going you tend to go on and on, not even allowing for tea breaks...also need to watch a tendency to be a spend thrift, as those Martian impulses always make longer and longer shopping lists.
    Jupiter in Leo in the 6th, enjoy good health, great relationships with coworkers, although they might see you as a bit bossy.
    Saturn in Virgo in the 7th...as I've said before, Saturn is all about delays and restrictions, and the seventh is about marriage partners, so unless you get yourself a Saturnian guy (older, more mature, or Capricorn) you may stay alone. It's hard for people to win your trust, seeing that you also have the moon in Capricorn.
    The other planet in your 7th house is Pluto, and that can make all relationship issues really intense...either you attract people who obsess about you, or you go after really difficult partners, in either case, Pluto being the planet of transformation, this is the area where your greatest lessons are learnt.
    Uranus in the 8th, in Scorpio, you are highly intuitive and even psychic.
    Due to the opposition to Mars you can be accident prone...you need to coordinate your body a bit more, perhaps by doing some athletic discipline. Also the axis being in houses 2 and 8 which govern money...there is a definite need to take things easy as far as spending is concerned.
    Neptune on the MC (mid heaven, top of the chart) your aim is to be giving, and sacrificing yourself in service to others.
    Currently Neptune is waddling over your ascendant, and since he was opposite your sun when you were born spiritual matters are really importnat and you are experiencing confusion and uncertainty as to what you should believe in. it will become clearer as your search progresses.
    As always, I can't recommend astrology enough as a field of study.
    Also Gurdjieff...read Ouspensky's "In Search ot the Miraculous".

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (31st July 2011), JohannaStarr (21st July 2011), Star (21st July 2011)

28. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

Anyone interested in astrology but not yet sure if they are going to get serious may like to play with some of the free software available for download.

Here is a variety of available sites.
    I haven't tried them all....I'm basically hooked on an ancient MS-DOS program I bought many years ago.
    Halloran software is one that I have tried in the past, it's recommendable...simple and precise.

http://www.soulhealing.com/freeastrologysoftware.htm

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

JohannaStarr (21st July 2011), Star (21st July 2011)

30. Link to Post #176
    Thanks

Many thanks for this. It is quite humbling and amazing, but also makes one want to fight against any box they might be put in! lol. As requested here is my honest and open feedback:

Aquarius / Pisces Ascendant
    - I shall check b'date with mother - I did peak at Pisces Ascendant and tbh there are some defo personality traits there too - is it possible to be a bit of both?
    Gemini 4th house - most seems right. However, my parents divorced after years of arguing when I was 10 ensuing a rollercoaster of evernts from which I'm still recovering lol! I do not feel connected to my family as a result.
    Capricorn moon - some people find me aloof until they know me. I do have terrible problems sleeping
    Mercury - I actually tend to avoid children, though I do not dislike them, they tend to like me. Keeping own childhood going - in a way yes because of my family problems I don't feel I had a childhood having been forced to grow up too soon.
    Venus in Gemini- is true, I write fantasy books (unpublished as yet), I have no siblings
    Mars in Taurus - spending better expressed below with Uranus in the 8th, in Scorpio - I can spend too much - but this balances it well.
    Jupiter in Leo - yes to all although not that bossy. Partner says I'm bossy to him though
    Saturn in Virgo - partner is Taurean :O but he's not that bad really ^^ - and always had older partners.
    Pluto - yes have had difficulty with obsessed people - not sure what I learn't but that I should run run run and keep running lol.
    Uranus in the 8th - yes to intuition and maybe to psychic abilities though I haven't had the opportunity to develop those skills but am trying to now... Yes i am accident prone! I train 2x daily for triathlon so hopefully this will help although I keep falling off my bike
    Neptune on the MC - this is interesting. yes to giving. yes to spirituality being important. yes to sacrificing but I have no idea what it is I am supposed to do on this planet lol and I am already nackered! Clearly I should continue searching so many thanks for that, I shall try to find some more stamina .

I hope that is good enough feedback, I have (rightly or wrongly) been very open about it. Sorry if long winded. I wonder if it is possible to have elements of Pisces Ascendant in it too. Why do you ask specifically about the sleep problems?
    Many thanks
    Jo *

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohannaStarr For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (28th July 2011), ulli (21st July 2011)

32. Link to Post #177
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Really enjoying reading this thread. If you do a reading for me I don't mind it being posted to the thread.(details PM earlier this week)
    I used to dabble years ago, I remember long calculations to find siderial times.... looks much easier now...

But the real meat is in the interpretation.

Patrish xx

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrish For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (28th July 2011), ulli (21st July 2011)

34. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

Quote Posted by JohannaStarr (here)
    Many thanks for this. It is quite humbling and amazing, but also makes one want to fight against any box they might be put in! lol. As requested here is my honest and open feedback:

Aquarius / Pisces Ascendant
    - I shall check b'date with mother - I did peak at Pisces Ascendant and tbh there are some defo personality traits there too - is it possible to be a bit of both?
    Gemini 4th house - most seems right. However, my parents divorced after years of arguing when I was 10 ensuing a rollercoaster of evernts from which I'm still recovering lol! I do not feel connected to my family as a result.
    Capricorn moon - some people find me aloof until they know me. I do have terrible problems sleeping
    Mercury - I actually tend to avoid children, though I do not dislike them, they tend to like me. Keeping own childhood going - in a way yes because of my family problems I don't feel I had a childhood having been forced to grow up too soon.
    Venus in Gemini- is true, I write fantasy books (unpublished as yet), I have no siblings
    Mars in Taurus - spending better expressed below with Uranus in the 8th, in Scorpio - I can spend too much - but this balances it well.
    Jupiter in Leo - yes to all although not that bossy. Partner says I'm bossy to him though
    Saturn in Virgo - partner is Taurean :O but he's not that bad really ^^ - and always had older partners.
    Pluto - yes have had difficulty with obsessed people - not sure what I learn't but that I should run run run and keep running lol.
    Uranus in the 8th - yes to intuition and maybe to psychic abilities though I haven't had the opportunity to develop those skills but am trying to now... Yes i am accident prone! I train 2x daily for triathlon so hopefully this will help although I keep falling off my bike
    Neptune on the MC - this is interesting. yes to giving. yes to spirituality being important. yes to sacrificing but I have no idea what it is I am supposed to do on this planet lol and I am already nackered! Clearly I should continue searching so many thanks for that, I shall try to find some more stamina .

I hope that is good enough feedback, I have (rightly or wrongly) been very open about it. Sorry if long winded. I wonder if it is possible to have elements of Pisces Ascendant in it too. Why do you ask specifically about the sleep problems?
    Many thanks
    Jo *

Your natal sun and Neptune, the ruler of Pisces, were in opposition, that alone brings tons of Piscean factors into your personality.
    You don't have any other Aquarian factors, so if my description of the Ascendant is partially correct, then it safe to assume that your Ascendant is Aqua, and the Pisces traits come from the sun Neptune angle.
    Your sleep issues...moon governs sleep, rest, and the 12 th house is dreams, transcendence...and having Saturn ruled Capricorn there gave me the idea that perhaps you would have sleep problems....
    But like all things Saturnian, the problem can be solved, with a bit of effort and study.

Thanks so much for the detailed feed-back...not long winded at all.
    If you write fantasy stories...and geared them towards children, then your chart would click even more, and you might enjoy huge success. And if those stories had some illustration every few pages, triggering the reader's imagination even further I see a future there for you.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (28th July 2011), JohannaStarr (21st July 2011)

36. Link to Post #179
    Thanks

I'm nor sure who hates astrology more, astronomers or religious preachers.
    When I was still young and naive and thought that if people listened to reasonable arguments they could become convinced I wasted a lot of breath. Well, I lived and learnt.
    Skeptics have their minds made up, although skeptical people can still be open-minded and gradually come to see truth.
    Truth can not be seen unless one first develops a crack in one's blindfold.
    Finding is usually the result of seeking.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (21st July 2011), Carmody (21st July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (28th July 2011), Star (21st July 2011)

38. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

¤=[Post Update]=¤

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

777 (28th July 2011), Calz (21st July 2011), Carmody (21st July 2011), Catsquotl (21st July 2011), Ernie Nemeth (23rd July 2011), PurpleLama (21st July 2011), Star (21st July 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 9 19 34 LastLast