+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music in dreams, does it happen to you to and what does it mean?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

Default Music in dreams, does it happen to you to and what does it mean?

I know about dreaming vivid dreams, but something strange was happening and even stranger after i started reading the material on PA more often.

sinc a year and after a life changing experience (not dramatic in physics just in emotions, but it pushed me to see a new level of life) i've had strange dreams in which there is music and sometimes lyrics to. (last time i played an instrument so well was more than 17 years ago when i was a kid. then two years ago i tried it but all talent is gone...so am not really musically gifted, but the music in these dreams was so good)

and then after i found this form i had the most vivid dream ever, i really felt the weather the nature of that dream, as if i was transported through time and space to a place i could have been in either a long time ago or some time in the future through maybe an ancestor. the dream was about a real close relative of mind who is so old, and went through a lot in life, none of which was an ordinary experience. he was leaving this icy cold world behind, after checking if he should step on a frozen river, but then double checked and the river wasn't solid. just a door was in the middle of the snow and it was his destination.
    when he finally made it i think there was this since of "good bye cruel world i won't miss you" and he through some snow back onto the world. There were no words just music like in movies when after a lot had happened finally a peace of mind ending is there. and i wish i was musically talented because i feel so much better when i wake up from these dreams than ones with no sound or just talking, and i wish i could share it with others.

just would like to know how often this happens to others to, as it all started for me when i changed my "spiritual" perception of the universe, thanks to life and then the material i found on this forum.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

crosby (16th July 2011), Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011), nomadguy (17th July 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Music in dreams, does it happen to you to and what does it mean?

music, is beauty, beauty is love, love isnt widsom, wisdom is moving the mountain, knowing where your going to put it, but music is love, music can make you remember a person, a place, a time, perfectly, there is nothing else which does this, but its a pleasure to be a slave to it,
    hexen

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hexenomega For This Post:

Marsila (17th July 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Interesting really, I had never tought of music in my dreams, just to realize with your dream that I mostly don't hear souns in my dreams. Even when speaking with somebody, I understand the words spoken, but they are not spoken loud, more telepathically like. I did hear dogs bark or things like that though, but it seems to be as far as it went.

Wait, asking may young musician daughter. she doesn't know. She does wake up in the middle of the night sometimes with a tune (song) in her head though that she never heard before. But those are not dreams she says.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011), Marsila (17th July 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

I used to dream with instruments quite a bit but its been some time now,the funny thing tho is i cant play anything except a bit of flute,and when i had these different instruments in my dreams i played like a pro it was mind blowing stuff like awesome music i could play anything i wanted to by ear,too bad it was a dream thing only LOL,it felt really good too,next time i have another vivid lucid dream i am gonna do it again for old times sake hehe!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arpheus For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Interesting really, I had never tought of music in my dreams, just to realize with your dream that I mostly don't hear souns in my dreams. Even when speaking with somebody, I understand the words spoken, but they are not spoken loud, more telepathically like. I did hear dogs bark or things like that though, but it seems to be as far as it went.

Wait, asking may young musician daughter. she doesn't know. She does wake up in the middle of the night sometimes with a tune (song) in her head though that she never heard before. But those are not dreams she says.
    flash,
    a challange to you, practice and become the worlds best musician, then i challenge you to play accuratly any birdsong you hear, it cant be done, and this stuff goes on above our heads and we dont hear it, nature is, has, and if we arn't careful, will teach us a valuable lesson, and, it seem's, we ,as a group, dont care, or are happy, but,look around, are we happy?, music is all we have, it is all you will carry to wherever we end up next, after this, so, chose your baggage carefully, i'm going to shut up now.

hexen
    Last edited by hexenomega; 16th July 2011 at 23:38.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hexenomega For This Post:

Marsila (17th July 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Music in dreams is so cool! For me it's always crystal clear and vivid when I hear it. I am always awed.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoSh187 For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by hexenomega (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)

flash,
    a challange to you, practice and become the worlds best musician, then i challenge you to play accuratly any birdsong you hear, it cant be done, and this stuff goes on above our heads and we dont hear it, nature is, has, and if we arn't careful, will teach us a valuable lesson, and, it seem's, we ,as a group, dont care, or are happy, but,look around, are we happy?, music is all we have, it is all you will carry to wherever we end up next, after this, so, chose your baggage carefully, i'm going to shut up now.

hexen
    Definitively a musician writing Hexen.

I will not become the best musician in the world, too old, but I may become the best listener of music, being daily sollicited by my musician daughter to listen, judge (as if I could....), interpret, describe the feelings I have while listening, name it. ouf......

She says I am a science nerd. I do like science but not to that level. She loves music and poetry.

Well, in conclusion, I don't think music is the only think we carry in the next life/after life, I think it is love. You represent love through and with music, I represent love differently.

Thanks for the advice, I will check on the birds.

Edited: my daughter is just back from music camp and she was told by a guy working in a music store that the employees had a monthly meeting in which they would tell what was the weirdest question they had in the month.

Every single month this one would come back: "Do you have the original albums of Beethoven"? lol
    Last edited by Flash; 17th July 2011 at 00:05.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Marsila (17th July 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

very interesting, I can only imagine this is a good omen and may be a new beginning.
    Why not now?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Marsila (17th July 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Wait, asking may young musician daughter. she doesn't know. She does wake up in the middle of the night sometimes with a tune (song) in her head though that she never heard before. But those are not dreams she says.
    i love your daughters response, that is an intelligent response, and she could be right. The dreams with this music i never hear before always make me feel in a good way i can't describe.

maybe it is a good thing, also, the thing that got me with that dream is the time travel aspect was so real, i had no idea about the time but i knew it was different than "now" and with that music just was just great lol. maybe messages from a parallel world but i don't know much about that yet.

I was told that dreams are usually in the language our minds thinks in, so this music thing was new to me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

Flash (18th July 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

from my family line back to ancient Ireland, they have a phrase that goes with the family name, "singing from memory"
    Why not now?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Flash (18th July 2011), Marsila (17th July 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

i recall a vivid dream where there was a angel at the foot of my bed.
    he sang Ave Maria whilst overlooking me in my bed.

now as i wright this i realize i do not even know what the song is about!
    i will look it up.
    but the feeling was that he was exorcising me,or protecting me from the dark..

that is the music i heard in my dreams and it stayed with me.

22. Link to Post #12
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Quote Posted by manny (here)
    i recall a vivid dream where there was a angel at the foot of my bed.
    he sang Ave Maria whilst overlooking me in my bed.

now as i wright this i realize i do not even know what the song is about!
    i will look it up.
    but the feeling was that he was exorcising me,or protecting me from the dark..

that is the music i heard in my dreams and it stayed with me.
    Ave Maria means Hail Mary manny

I think you are being shown that you are loved by God.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Like Greybeard said Mani, Ave Maria means "hail Mary" The angel is telling you hello, and letting you know you are protected!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011)

26. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote from my family line back to ancient Ireland, they have a phrase that goes with the family name, "singing from memory"
    i think now i know where they got that from. some of our minds have memories older than our physical bodies and that is a blessing in my world, specially if you get to hear sounds much better than the ones we have now : )

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Marsila (here)
    Quote from my family line back to ancient Ireland, they have a phrase that goes with the family name, "singing from memory"
    i think now i know where they got that from. some of our minds have memories older than our physical bodies and that is a blessing in my world, specially if you get to hear sounds much better than the ones we have now : )
    mmmhmmm
    I am working it out on a guitar, I am getting closer, been working on it for a few years now
    Why not now?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Flash (18th July 2011), Marsila (18th July 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

we are all musicians,
    ever noticed when we butt heads with another, its awful and we hate every long second, then that feeling when its looking to turn ugly,then it gets sorted out?, that sense of harmony out of chaos, you have just played a beatiful tune in harmony with all others involved, like a major tune has just been played and, although it was wild and anything could happen, everybodys together, like some some massive sounding orchestra lfinale's just finished, and your happy, but drained, life is music. make sure you only absorb the good stuff, you have only it for eternity
    hexen

30. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Good question with the music Marsila. Sometimes I'll awaken with a catchy little riff running through my head, kind of like Flash's daughter, it's very familiar, but I've never heard it before. Wish I could play an instrument to duplicate it when it happens. Maybe this is where some of the great musicians get some of their stuff.

I did have one vivid dream years ago that began with me watching the Doors jamming out back when they were still just a garage band.

Cheers,
    Fred

BTW Marsila, if you have vivid dreams you would like to share, I started a thread recently in the Spiritual section called "Dreams of Avalon". That's what it's there for, check it out.

+ Reply to Thread