+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 5 15 34 LastLast

Thread: Friends

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks

Default Re: Friends

Thanks for your friendship Giovonni and all the rest of avalon. love and blessings to All.
    Talking to the Sun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebula For This Post:

giovonni (18th March 2012)

3. Link to Post #82
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question Re: Friends

Greeting's my Friends,
    Found this analogy thought i'd share this with you today~ find its concept interesting~ if not suspect

"Why life is all about the downs - what the rollercoaster analogy really means!"

I'm sure you know the saying "Life is like a roller coaster". Usually what people mean by that is that life is full of ups and downs. Which obviously implies that the "ups" are those great times when everything is going fine and life is treating you well and the "downs" are the bad times in your life when things go terribly wrong and you're depressed...

Makes sense right? WRONG!

Here is why the roller coaster analogy is more powerful and true than I ever realized before:

You get on the roller coaster for the "downs" not the "ups"! That's not trivial. Because the "downs" are where all the fun & thrill is. You made your decision to take the ride in anticipation of the thrill you're going to experience during the accelerating ride down.

It's not even a 50/50 thing. It's not like both things are part of the fun on the ride. No. The "ups" are just a means to get to the point of riding down! You get that? Let me say it again: The "ups" are part of the way down!

Alright yes - you relax and enjoy the view during the "ups". You take a deep breath. You're heart rate is slowing down again a bit. You get ready for whats about to happen next. But that's it. That's all the "ups" have to offer to you.

A roller coaster that would only go up would be basically a very large and clumsy elevator...boring as hell..going in one direction...practical & functional maybe if you need to go to a meeting in the 26th floor...but for sure no fun!

And that's what life's supposed to really be I guess, a lot of fun & a hell of a ride down!"

from someone called ~ "supercool"

Blood sweet and Tears~ Spinning Wheel
    Last edited by giovonni; 9th April 2010 at 15:29.

4. Link to Post #83
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Friends

TOO AVALON'S DEAREST FRIEND~ KAREN
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/member.php?4-Karen

5. Link to Post #84
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

Everything But The Girl - Roller Coaster

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Swami For This Post:

7. Link to Post #85
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greeting's my Friends

For all the kind messages and post you all have blessed upon me. When i first started this thread, it was my only intent too help in initiating a friendly atmospheric environment for those~ first arriving (new and old) members. Now that the forum's membership ranks are steadily growing~ i've pondered and wondered whether to continue my (likened) wholesale friendship campaign? To some it might seem a bit egotisic or even silly, but after comtemplating this a few days, i've decided to still dedicate myself to this offer and gesture.

The reason for this decision is quite simple, during my younger school years i attended over a dosen different schools. The circumstances for this is not important now, but i still remember those dreaded first days, sometimes even having to transfer during the middle of a school year. Though it was uncomfortable (to say the least), those experiences however helped teach and encourage me to become a sensitive, compassionate and caring human being. Many times, i would befriend the newcomers myself, not out of sympathy, but in kinship~ for those of us who were oftened disenfranchised from truly being accepted into the whole.

Note, when i do offer my hand in friendship here on the forum, there are no strings attached, only my upmost sincerity and hope~ that it blossoms forth to the rest of the Avalon community.

i'd like to share this friendship story that reminded me of those often uncomfortable and difficult situations in the past, but that could end up being a true life~ blessings in disguised.

Whitney's Story
    "There was a time when Whitney didn’t have a lot of friends. She was a bit shy and reserved. She never really wanted to be popular, but she did want to have someone to share secrets and laughs with. All through high school, though, she just slipped in and out of “light” friendships where she didn’t find a lot of comfort or companionship.

When it came time to go to college, Whitney was quite nervous. She was going to be rooming with someone she didn’t know and living in a town 300 miles away from home. There wouldn’t be a single person she knew in town. She had no idea how she was going to make friends in this new environment.

The first week of classes, something happened that changed Whitney’s life forever. In her English Composition class, she was asked (as were all the students) to share a little about herself. She told everyone where she called home and all of the other ordinary details that students share in such situations. The final question for each student was always the same: “What is your goal for this class?” Now, most of the students said it was to get a good grade, pass the class or something similar, but for some reason, Whitney said something entirely different. She said that her goal was to make just one good friend.

While most of the students sat in silence, one student came to Whitney and held out his hand and introduced himself. He asked if she would be his friend. The whole room was silent – all eyes focused on the Whitney and the hand extended just in front of her. She smiled and stretched her hand out to take his and a friendship was formed. It was a friendship that lasted all through college. It was a friendship that turned into a romance. It was a friendship that brought two people together in marriage."

Note, Whitney learned the power of asking for what she wanted, being honest and taking action.
    Last edited by giovonni; 15th April 2010 at 00:40.

8. Link to Post #86
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greeting's Avalonian's
    Like many here on the forum, I have been experiencing a shift ( lots of changes and challenges) in my life recently. Sometimes it takes all my energy to just get through the daily drama during these often stressful and trying times. Here's a reminder and some pointers 'How to keep a Positive Attitude' ~ especially when you are going through a difficult time in your life or you are trying to get past years of habitual negative thoughts. Positive thinking is the key to having an optimistic outlook on life. You can keep a positive attitude, even when things aren't going smoothly in your life.

Reevaluate your situation. It's easy to think negative or pessimistic thoughts when something happens. However, when you think rationally about the facts instead of the fears, you can see a more positive side of things.

Fill your mind with positive things. Read encouraging, affirming books and listen to upbeat, happy music. Think about happy memories or things you have to look forward to rather than bad things that have happened or things you dread.

Continue to develop yourself spiritually. Research shows that those who are spiritual live longer and more satisfying lives.

Keep positive people in your life. Avoid people who have a negative mindset and surround yourself with people who are upbeat, spiritual and fun.

Practice positive thinking. Try not to let negative thoughts enter your atmosphere. Think instead of all the good things in your life, even if there aren't very many. Concentrate on your good features instead of your faults.

Learn something new, maybe consider taking up a new hobby, but most important~ get out and do things you love to do and enjoy yourself.

And most important~ laugh often~ watch a funny movie or hang out or talk with someone who you can be silly with. Laughter is a wonderful way and usually allows one to get into a positive mood.

Back with you soon~ my best to all~ love Gio
    Last edited by giovonni; 22nd April 2010 at 16:39.

9. Link to Post #87
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

g'day, i'm Shaun , I joined the site today , avalon has special meaning for me as i'm sure it does to many others , I hope to find and assist others to find, in the sharing or "getting together and comparing notes" insightful information that leads us all closer to the realization of "home" in awareness ~☼~

gwyddyon, gwyddyon, gwyddyon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

11. Link to Post #88
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Spiritual Friendships
    By Meilena Hauslendale

As we walk along our paths in life, we will encounter several forms of friendships. There will be friends of convenience, friends by association, and friends of the heart. Friends out of convenience are friendships that you might have simply because you both are accessible to one another. These friendships are common in a work or school environment as people are united by place alone. You might even term these friendships as 'associates' instead of friends, because you associate with one another because you feel that you have to.
    These types of friendships can easily disappear as quickly as they came or they can actually turn into more meaningful friendships as time moves on. Then there are friends by association, friendships that exist because of an association with another friend. You might acquire these forms of friendships because of your current friends. You acquire your friend's circle of companions and make them your own. These associations can lack strong foundations and even knowledge of one another, but either way, you respect them as a part of the friend that originated the encounter.

Then there are friendships that are few and far between, friends of the heart or friends of the spirit. You may find this form of friendship with, or in addition to, your significant other. This type of friendship is guided through a profound spiritual connection. They are very pronounced and spiritually ignited. They can overcome distance. They can surpass cultural and language barriers. They can surpass age and even gender.

They do not exist out of convenience or association. These friendships exist out of respect and purpose. This unity of beings connects our hearts to our souls. They remind us and encourage our greatness and contribute to our over all well-being. These friendships exist on the purest of levels. They are not sexually motivated. They do not even necessarily rely on the power of any physical contact. They exist on a level all of their own.

What these friendships do touch are our hearts. They leave precious imprints where they matter the most. These friendships are gifts unto themselves as they are aligned with our inner workings and details. They somehow give us comfort no matter what our state of mind and they seem to blanket our worries with little or no effort. They exist not out of force, but out of care.

These spiritual friendships allow us to actually feel the insides of another. They allow us that close of a connection that typically both people can feel the other's thoughts and emotions. We are attracted to them because we are intended to be. These friendships may baffle and surprise us as they can sneak up on us quickly, but they are friendships that need not go unnoticed and certainly not forgotten, for however long they are to stay.

Artist and inspirational author Meilena Hauslendale's work and articles are displayed internationally. She is the founder of Silence Speaks International Artist Association and the Editor of Intrigue Magazine. Published books include, 'Making Your Purpose Your Business' and 'Recognizing Unhealthy Relationships.'

12. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Greeting's Avalonian's
    Like many here on the forum, I have been experiencing a shift ( lots of changes and challenges) in my life recently. Sometimes it takes all my energy to just get through the daily drama during these often stressful and trying times. Here's a reminder and some pointers 'How to keep a Positive Attitude' ~ especially when you are going through a difficult time in your life or you are trying to get past years of habitual negative thoughts. Positive thinking is the key to having an optimistic outlook on life. You can keep a positive attitude, even when things aren't going smoothly in your life.

Reevaluate your situation. It's easy to think negative or pessimistic thoughts when something happens. However, when you think rationally about the facts instead of the fears, you can see a more positive side of things.

Fill your mind with positive things. Read encouraging, affirming books and listen to upbeat, happy music. Think about happy memories or things you have to look forward to rather than bad things that have happened or things you dread.

Continue to develop yourself spiritually. Research shows that those who are spiritual live longer and more satisfying lives.

Keep positive people in your life. Avoid people who have a negative mindset and surround yourself with people who are upbeat, spiritual and fun.

Practice positive thinking. Try not to let negative thoughts enter your atmosphere. Think instead of all the good things in your life, even if there aren't very many. Concentrate on your good features instead of your faults.

Learn something new, maybe consider taking up a new hobby, but most important~ get out and do things you love to do and enjoy yourself.

And most important~ laugh often~ watch a funny movie or hang out or talk with someone who you can be silly with. Laughter is a wonderful way and usually allows one to get into a positive mood.

Back with you soon~ my best to all~ love Gio
    Great advice Geo, thank you very much!

Love,

Kriya
    NEVER MIND HIS SILENCE~REMEMBER HE IS LISTENING

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kriya For This Post:

14. Link to Post #90
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Too Friendship~
    For "Someone like You"
    May you All (here at Avalon) find happiness and abundance in your lives ~ my love and best always<>Gio

15. Link to Post #91
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Friends

Greeting's my Friends,

Always remember

Many close their ears to advice, but will open their eyes to example~
    We must teach ourselves anew too live and dream with our eyes wide open.

Peter Gabriel's~ In Your Eyes

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OoEQR...ayer_embedded#!

16. Link to Post #92
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greeting's my Friends

One hard lesson~ I've (always) had to remind myself of was not to get too caught up in relationships (friendships) so much so that i begin to lose myself in them~ Beware of letting your natural desires hinder your walk in love before your God self. One of the cruelest ways to kill natural love is through the rejection that results from having built the love on natural desires.

To not sacrifice yourself for a friendship doesn't mean you need to not be a good friend. A good friend will actually make a friendship be a give and take relationship. There is no need for one friend
    to sacrifice themselves and the other friend to do all the taking.

One way for you to not sacrifice yourself for friendship is to learn to say no. Some friends will continually ask you for favors, help and all sorts of things. Having your friends asking doesn't mean that you have to say yes. There are times that you can say no and your friendship can still be intact. How to not sacrifice yourself for friendship is to know that you can say no and your friend can ask someone else for the favor.

Helping out a friend once in awhile is how to be a good friend. But if you are doing more for one friend that any other and yourself included, then you need to change things so you are not sacrificing your self for the friendship.

One way to let a friend know that you cannot do everything for them and always put them ahead of you and your family, if you have a family, is to talk to your friend. Some friends don't realize that they are asking you to help so much. These friends are most understanding and will change the demands they put on you. Your friendship can stay as wonderful as it has been and you do not have to sacrifice yourself.

If when you talk to your friends, they are put out and seem to give you a guilt trip, try to be understanding, but keep your stand strong. You need to know that you have worth as a person and you do not need to sacrifice yourself for your friendship. There are some people that will use you no matter who you are. Try to explain that you want to help them out when they really need you, but you do not need to pick up their dry cleaning or whatever.

You want to know how to not sacrifice yourself for friendship and keep the friendship happy and harmonious. One thing that you can do is to offer to do what you know you can do for your friend before your friend asks you. This way you get to help a friend in a way they need the help and you get to not sacrifice yourself for friendship.

The key here is to offer to help out before your friend asks you. Then when you are asked to help but have other pressing engagements, you can say no and not feel like you never give your friend the time your friendship needs. Your friend, if he or she is a true friend, will understand that you can't always be at their beck and call.

Also remember that if you feel that you are sacrificing yourself for your friendship, maybe you could ask your friend to help you out once in a while. If you are doing all the helping, yes you would feel like you sacrifice yourself for your friendship. Have your friend help you out with the things you may need help with.

Friendships are great and very rewarding. Friendships can even be more rewarding if you know how to not sacrifice yourself for the friendship. Begin by knowing your worth in the friendship, talk to your friend, learn to say no and ask your friend for some help once in a while.

Friendship is a great thing to have. Some friendships are not the easiest to have because you may feel you have to sacrifice yourself for the friendship. How to not sacrifice yourself for friendship will entail you to be strong and know your own worth as a person. Many friends will take advantage of your friendship causing you to sacrifice yourself.

As old relationships fade and new ones emerge (which have no resemblance or attraction to our old life), one might begin anew by allowing themselves to base new friendships (relationships) in a new way~ It is a life that is completely humble, pure in its intent, and firmly devoted to the good of all humans, but is also balanced in its self sacrifice~
    when it comes to interacting with other loved ones

17. Link to Post #93
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

People hand in hand
    Have I lived to see the milk and honey land ?
    Where hate's a dream and love forever stands
    Or is this a vision in my mind ?

The law was never passed
    But somehow all men feel they're truly free at last
    Have we really gone this far through space and time
    Or is this a vision in my mind ?

I'm not one who makes believe
    I know that leaves are green
    They only change to brown when autumn comes around
    I know just what I say
    Today's not yesterday
    And all things have an ending

But what I'd like to know
    Is could a place like this exist so beautiful
    Or do we have to find our wings and fly away
    To the vision in our mind ?

I'm not one who makes believes
    I know that leaves are green
    They only change to brown when autumn comes around

I know just what I say
    Today's not yesterday
    And all things have an ending

But what I'd like to know
    Is could a place like this exist so beautiful
    Or do we have to take our wings and fly away
    To the vision in our minds ?

Thank You All ~ For Sharing Your Love With Me
    Gio

18. Link to Post #94
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Wink Re: Friends

Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he or she really is.
    Jim Morrison

now that ~ lights my fire

From The Doors~ Dawn's Highway

19. Link to Post #95
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

To a very special Friend

Van Morrison's

"Someone like you"

I've been searching a long time
    For someone exactly like you
    I've been traveling all around the world
    Waiting for you to come through.
    Someone like you makes it
    All worth while
    Someone like you keeps
    Me satisfied. Someone exactly
    Like you.

I've been traveling a hard road
    Looking for someone exactly like you
    I've been carrying my heavy load
    Waiting for the light to come
    Shining through.
    Someone like you makes it
    All worth while
    Someone like you keeps
    Me satisfied. Someone exactly
    Like you.

I've been doing some soul searching
    To find out where you're at
    I've been up and down the highway
    In all kinds of foreign lands
    Someone like you...

I've been all around the world
    Marching to the beat of a different
    Drum.
    But just lately I have
    Realized
    The best is yet to come...
    with someone exactly like you...

Last edited by giovonni; 31st May 2010 at 23:22.

20. Link to Post #96
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greeting's my Friends

My hard learned lesson

Let the past go ~
    Do not fear the unknown ~
    Always try and stay focused ~
    To live for and in the moment ~
    This is how to create ~ Your future/now.

Last edited by giovonni; 2nd June 2010 at 06:52.

21. Link to Post #97
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Smile Re: Friends

i have been very fortunate to meet and make many wonderful friends ~ but i have truly have been blessed to have found ~
    'my aim true love'
    thank you my dear friend for loving me!

22. Link to Post #98
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greeting's my Friends !

Goodbye to the past~ i'm never gonna never ever look back~ again !!!!

The Confidence to Let Go of the Past and Our Suffering

Every single one of us on this planet suffers in some way. Doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, male or female, white, black or purple. As my friend tells me, “it’s part of our contract in being born. We have to suffer.” Some people seem to experience much greater personal tragedies than others but we all have painful issues we have to live through. It is part of life on this planet.

Suffering can happen in thousands of different ways and whether it takes place in the form of abuse (physical or mental), people cheating on us, loved ones dying on us, parents not loving us enough, car accidents or even losing our jobs, it doesn’t really matter in that we’re all affected by it at some point or at many points during our lives. Suffering is whatever causes us great emotional upheaval and we all have to go through it.

The difference is how we deal with our suffering and whether we're able to move on to emotional healing. We can deal with our pain or we can let it slowly destroy us. An important part of gaining confidence is to “let go” of our suffering and have the courage to move on and be the whole person we know we can be.

There’s two main steps in achieving the confidence to move past suffering.

Forgiveness
    Forgive the person. This could be one person or it could be many. It could even be God. It’s whoever you feel has caused you great pain. Forgive them. Write them a letter.

Dear [blank],
    I forgive you for [state whatever you feel has caused you the greatest emotional distress and anguish].

Be as completely honest as you can. Write it all down. You are NOT going to send this letter. You are the only person who will ever see this so get it all out. It’s important to write it down though. Saying it to yourself in your head does not make it “real” enough. Write it down. No one will ever see it so you don’t have to be afraid. Remember though, this is a letter of forgiveness and not blame. Blame is for victims and it makes you powerless. You are in control of your ability to forgive. “I forgive you”.

When you have done that, it is time to forgive one more person; yourself. At the time of the event, you did the best you could. Forgive yourself for letting it happen, for not doing something, for doing something. Whatever happened, forgive yourself. You cannot change the past. You can only become stronger from it.

Forgiveness is so important as the first step because it signifies a mental shift from being a victim to being the master of your life and having complete control over your destiny. You make the decision to forgive the person. You make the decision you are going to move on with your life. You are now taking action instead of simply reacting. You are in the process of taking back your power and being the master of your thoughts and your life.

Let It Go
    This step can be harder than forgiveness. It can be quite easy to say “I forgive you” but still continue to hold on to the hurt and attachment to the “crime” and what you feel has been done to you.

Usually when we forgive someone, we are “blaming” or acknowledging that a wrong has been committed against us by that person. The problem comes when we secretly hold on to that crime. True forgiveness is about no longer holding on to or focusing on the action that got us so upset in the beginning. It is about moving on and completely becoming detached from the event.

The other part of letting go is that we can never truly feel the joy of today as long as we’re continuing to process or make sense of a past event. As Lynn Grabhorn says in her book the Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting Playbook “So rather than denying or stuffing your past, go ahead and look at it, but without judgment. Look at it, express it, admit it, acknowledge it, accept it, and move on. In other words, let your past become something that is simply a matter of fact. That’s all. Express your disappointment, your regret, your anger, and then LET IT GO! If you don’t, you will continue to draw to you the very events that you are still resenting or regretting."

Letting go also means letting go of the anger. A lot of times we are so filled with anger against the person or event but feel that we are helpless to do anything about it. When this happens the anger can turn inwards and we become very self destructive. Self destruction can take any number of forms as we seem to be very inventive when it comes to hurting ourselves. Eating disorders, addictions to drugs and alcohol, bad relationships, crime, self mutilation, not being able to keep a job, being constantly accident prone and on and on it goes. Each one of us finds a different way to take out our anger on ourselves.

You have the power so let it go. You no longer need it.

It is important to understand that forgiveness and letting go won’t happen overnight. After years of having the hurt and anger bottled up inside, it can take a while to develop the willingness to let those emotions go and to allow other positive feelings to take their place. You just need to take that first step to allow real healing to take place. Keep forgiving and keep letting go. The emotions can be incredibly painful but there’s no way to heal except to go through it and feel the emotions.

You are the only one who has the power to let the past go and to move on with your life. It doesn’t matter what anyone else says or does, only you have the power to take control of your life. It is incredibly empowering when you get to the stage when the past does not control your future anymore. You are relieved of your burden of anger freeing you from your previous self destructive behavior. You may find at this point that you are able to help others who are going through the exact same thing you did. You have gotten your life back. You are liberated from the past and you are finally truly free. You have gained unbelievable confidence in yourself and the world around you. You have moved beyond suffering. It is one of the greatest lessons we can learn during our lifetime.

by Catherine Pratt

23. Link to Post #99
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greeting's my Friends, !

a new friend ~ sent me this amazing and very profound poem from a true human~being

Crabby old man

When an old man died in the geriatric ward of a nursing home
    in North Platte , Nebraska , it was believed that he had nothing left of any value.

Later, when the nurses were going through his meager possessions,
    they found this poem. Its quality and content so impressed the
    staff that copies were made and distributed to every
    nurse in the hospital. One nurse took her copy to Missouri .

The old man's sole bequest to posterity has since appeared in
    the Christmas edition of the News Magazine of the St. Louis Association
    for Mental Health. A slide presentation has also been
    made based on his simple, but eloquent, poem.

And this little old man, with nothing left to give to the world,
    is now the author of this 'anonymous' poem winging across the Internet.

Crabby Old Man

What do you see nurses? . . . .. . What do you see?
    What are you thinking . . . . . When you're looking at me?
    A crabby old man . . . . . Not very wise,
    Uncertain of habit . . . . . With faraway eyes?

Who dribbles his food . . . . . And makes no reply.
    When you say in a loud voice . . . . . 'I do wish you'd try!'
    Who seems not to notice . . . . . The things that you do.
    And forever is losing . . . . . A sock or shoe?

Who, resisting or not . . . . . Lets you do as you will,
    With bathing and feeding . . . . . The long day to fill?
    Is that what you're thinking? . . . . . Is that what you see?
    Then open your eyes, nurse . . . . . You're not looking at me.

I'll tell you who I am. . . . . . As I sit here so still,
    As I do at your bidding, . . . . . As I eat at your will.
    I'm a small child of Ten . .. . . . With a father and mother,
    Brothers and sisters . . . . . Who love one another.

A young boy of Sixteen . . . . With wings on his feet..
    Dreaming that soon now . . . . . A lover he'll meet.
    A groom soon at Twenty . . . . . My heart gives a leap.
    Remembering, the vows . . . . .. That I promised to keep.

At Twenty-Five, now . . . . . I have young of my own.
    Who need me to guide . . . . . And a secure happy home.
    A man of Thirty . . . . . My young now grown fast,
    Bound to each other . . . . . With ties that should last.

At Forty, my young sons . . . . . Have grown and are gone,
    But my woman's beside me . . . . . To see I don't mourn.
    At Fifty, once more, babies play 'round my knee,
    Again, we know children . . . . . My loved one and me.

Dark days are upon me . . . . . My wife is now dead.
    I look at the future . . . . . Shudder with dread.
    For my young are all rearing . . . . . Young of their own.
    And I think of the years . . . . . And the love that I've known.

I'm now an old man . . . . . And nature is cruel.
    Tis jest to make old age . . . .. . Look like a fool.
    The body, it crumbles . . . . . Grace and vigor, depart.
    There is now a stone . .. . . Where I once had a heart.

But inside this old carcass . . . . . A young guy still dwells,
    And now and again . . . . . My battered heart swells.
    I remember the joys . . . . . I remember the pain.
    And I'm loving and living . . . .. . Life over again.

I think of the years, all too few . . . . . Gone too fast.
    And accept the stark fact . . . . That nothing can last.
    So open your eyes, people . . . . . Open and see.
    Not a crabby old man . . . Look closer . . . See ME!!

Remember~

The best and most beautiful things of

This world can't be seen or touched.

They must be felt by the heart.

Remember this poem when you next meet an older person who you might brush aside without looking at the young soul within.....we will all,
    one day, be there, too!

blessing's and love to all~ giovonni

24. Link to Post #100
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

HEAR HEAR!!!!

"Remember~

The best and most beautiful things of

This world can't be seen or touched.

They must be felt by the heart."

So well said... Thank you Gio for this post. I will share it with all my loved ones and anyone else who will listen

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Celine For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 5 15 34 LastLast