+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Object/s sighted around sun by SOHO - analysis and ideas wanted

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Question Object/s sighted around sun by SOHO - analysis and ideas wanted

So last week, on the 21st of May, 2010 i decided to have a look at what SOHO's live lasco2 imaging was picking up, specifically in the infra-red spectrum. I was immediately surprised to see a huge object by the Sun... invisible on the other spectrum imaging. I check back in archive for the previous image released.. nothing was there.

I waited for the next two images, and what i saw surprised me.
    The object/s appeared to turn to face the sun and two spherical objects split off.. and then the following image they had disappeared.

If it was a comet, how could it appear and disappear within an hour, and in that hour a twenty five minute segment it had not travelogue across the space, but turned its position?! Please, if there are obvious explanations for this, please offer them. And i want proof with examples of prior occurrence, because i consider this possibly something extra terrestrial or at least anomalous behaviour for a moving comet. I mean the size and speed for it to appear and disappear.. but then remain stationary except to turn to face Sol.... O_O im puzzled!

Here follows the four images of the hour, in linear progression relative to universal time. Time stamps are included, all images can be found in high res in the archives at http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/home.html

How come no one else has seen or mentioned this? Even if this is a natural and normal and regular thing, it would deserve a noting right? Surely other people have seen this?!

What do you think?! Any explanations?

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Object/s sighted around sun by SOHO - analysis and ideas wanted

If anything, I would react to that stream of hot particles coming off the sun being almost identical for an hour.

As for the object you mention, these pictures are as useful as a drawing to me as there is really no good way of telling the distance of that object in relation to SOHO.
    Looks like a comet, but seems to be ignoring the suns heat energy in terms of its tail pointing kinda strange.

Also, as much as I can gather: Closer to the camera means longer tails of "light", further away and they will look more normal...due to this not being instant pictures.

As much as I can give on it for now at least.
    Last edited by Lucrum; 31st May 2010 at 13:11. Reason: Corrected info
    People always tell me I remind them so much of Sid (the wierd furry guy from Ice Age, you know), is that a good thing?

+ Reply to Thread