+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with sheeple at work......

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,276 times in 1,094 posts

Default Dealing with sheeple at work......

I understand that are alot of people still asleep to whats going on. I'm proud that I've awoken to some things and try to stay humble. I really do try. I don't care about being rich and I try to put spirituality first in my life. I believe in loving thy neighbor as thy self. I took on a part time job at a retail store to hold me over awhile. So I have to check people out which is fine. I do my best to treat people with respect and I handle 1000's of dollars some nights. Well we were told not to open too much change if not needed which I understand but tonight I opened a roll of quarters which we needed none where in the till but I also opened a roll of dimes without thinking, dimes come in $5.00 rolls, now as the night manager counted my pan he scolded me about the dimes. 5.00 dollars worth of dimes! I take in alot of money also dealing with lottery and beer sales and I know my pan is always even or a few cents over yet this guy loses it over 5.00 dollars in dimes. Some people are so caught up in this 3-D illusion and think that the "store" or the "factory" can't run without them. The more I think about it the more I pity the people believing the lies.....waiting on the world to change

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), crosby (22nd July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Eligos (22nd July 2011), Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011), ghostrider (24th July 2011), Hervé (23rd July 2011), Heyoka_11 (22nd July 2011), Holly Lindin (24th July 2011), Jayke (22nd July 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011), phillipbbg (22nd July 2011), Rainbowbrite (22nd July 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (22nd July 2011), ROMANWKT (23rd July 2011), w1ndmill (22nd July 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd July 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,730 times in 2,652 posts

Default Re: Dealing with sheeple at work......

morning truth4me. i can resonate with your thread here. i work in retail as well. it is becoming a hellish ordeal at the store chain that i work for. they are cutting the hours, and piling loads more work on the full timers, cutting raises, and beating us almost to death over a semi-new program that was designed to keep bringing the customers back. there are some grocery stores in our area that work with a premise of synergy. they offer fuel perk rewards for shopping at their store, in turn, when you purchase your food at the designated gas station, they offer food perks to help you save money on purchasing food at their grocery store. it can be very helpful in these times. however, in the non-grocery world of retail, the store that i work for offers barely anything for their rewards: it is something like 1/2 of a cent for each 100 points that you earn, just to come back and purchase some disposable clothing. now there are some people whom purchase gift cards from the local grocery store for my retail store in large quantities so that they receive the fuel/food perk rewards, while gaining major points for buying giant televisions or refridgerators.....the problem is: corporate is not happy with its' employees, we are not signing up enough new people for this program..... it started out as 'anyone can sign up'. now it is only people with email addresses or texting phones are eligible..... and i have to say, our town is saturated with the reward program at this point. nobody wants it. there is really no benefit for it. and corporate is beginning to throw down the gauntlet and telling all managers that they better get the signups or they will be replaced. it is a nightmare....... everyday, this is all we here about. my theory, the corporate big-wigs are starting to feel the crunch in the numbers and "oh my gosh" they may not be able to keep their private jets, their summer homes in provence, there stately automobiles, etc.....

what i'm getting at is it is a dog-eat-dog retail society. they are pounding on the managers so hard that everybody is angry all of the time. that in turn rolls downhill to the full time third-key management like myself, and thus, down to the part timers. it is painful to watch and even more painful to be on the receiving end of their bullpoop. however, it is a job. and there are very few full time positions available in our area. so we dredge on and take the bad with the bad........hoping that our store does not get swallowed up by one of our own.

i feel your pain. and i'm with you 100% on this. thanks for the thread, i've enjoyed ranting a bit about my own predicament.
    warmest regards, corson

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Hervé (23rd July 2011), Jayke (22nd July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011), Rainbowbrite (22nd July 2011), ROMANWKT (23rd July 2011), Sierra (24th July 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd July 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,907 times in 1,566 posts

For me it is really hard. Many people I work with would instantly shun me and it would be career suicide if I try to awaken them. I am beginning not to care. We have to act now. I try to stay positive at all times.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Enquiring1 (24th July 2011), Holly Lindin (24th July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011), ROMANWKT (23rd July 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd July 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    New Zealand Avalon Member etheric underground's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,847 times in 534 posts

Hey heads up truth4me...
    AS hard as it seems and as trivial as those around us are. We and we alone are the
    ones who are being tested continually on these matters and are the ones who need to
    remember that this is only a game. the more you let the B.S go the more you start to
    laugh at the bigger picture at work.
    As much as we hate to believe it....We have positioned ourselves in our current situations
    to provide us the best possible scenarios that will lead us to karmic repayment and a step
    into the golden era.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to etheric underground For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Enquiring1 (24th July 2011), Holly Lindin (24th July 2011), Jayke (22nd July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 times in 726 posts

Quote Posted by Referee (here)
    For me it is really hard. Many people I work with would instantly shun me and it would be career suicide if I try to awaken them. I am beginning not to care. We have to act now. I try to stay positive at all times.
    I come across this a lot too. I find that some people are receptive to the Truth, many are not.

Espeacially when it comes to religion!!(whoooah)

Think positive.....Think positive.....Think positive Always!!

TT
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tane Mahuta For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Holly Lindin (24th July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011), Referee (25th July 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd July 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Siegfried The 7's Avatar
    Thanks

Morning to you all....

I wont say this ALWAYS works but I've found that sometimes its best to plant seeds that inspire thought.

When you try to TELL people whats going on they often put up resistence, but if you can cause them to look at things in a fresh perspective or ask them interesting questions, often their wheels(mind) will begin to turn.

They begin to ask questions themselves and things around them begin to take on a different look.

As with many things, we have to exercise patience, but at the same time, do not loose your positive vibrations trying to free them from negative ones.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Siegfried The 7 For This Post:

Black Panther (22nd July 2011), Calz (24th July 2011), Circles of TRUTH (22nd July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Enquiring1 (24th July 2011), Holly Lindin (24th July 2011), Limor Wolf (24th July 2011), Loveisall21 (22nd July 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011), Rainbowbrite (22nd July 2011), Referee (25th July 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

G'day truth4me,

Can I add my support to that already expressed here?

Good on you for obviously not stooping to the level of your night manager. I remember well just how painful life can be when having to put up with this type of behaviour, and feeling powerless to defend yourself. Often times, when people behave in this manner, it is because they are leading wretched lives, and occasionally they will hit out at someone else who they know cannot fight back. They may not know it, but in a very real way, their behaviour is responsible for the continuation of the mass misery we see all around us. Yes, they are pretty cowardly, and their behaviour is inexcusable, and yet you feel pity. Very wise. Take heart in that your every thought, word and deed is on the record. Sounds to me as if you have accepted responsibility for yourself and the way that you choose to react. That makes you a very real asset, and if you wish the world would change, you are doing your bit to help it happen.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Mahatma Ghandi.

All the Very Best to you!

14. Link to Post #8
    Great Britain Avalon Member Ian Gordon's Avatar
    Thanks

Think positive.....Think positive.....Think positive Always!!

TT[/QUOTE]

Good advice, if you stay positive and give out the no fear, divine light and love vibe, and dont react negatively, you will stand out like a Beacon and people will be attracted to you to wake them up, it will be there free will, and it wont be career threatening. I have had some suprising conversations with people I would never have approached spiritual subjects with (line managers etc) but in the end they come to you when they are ready.
    Last night when I take my eldest to football, a trouble lady always tells me of her trials and tribulations and stands within my aura, last night she said that each week she comes with the intention of not talking about "issues" but each time she couldnt help her self......turning the conversation to her awakening, mediation, energies and healing and why she is attracted to my energies...it was her free will.
    so in short walk the walk talk the talk, and there will be no need to try and wake people up people will be attracted to your light like the sun shining through the curtains and as the world changes more people will be attracted, as if the dawn chorus will be the chattering of others leading to more of humanity awakening, dont worry but be ready for the questions.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Gordon For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011), Heyoka_11 (23rd July 2011), Holly Lindin (24th July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd July 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,766 times in 5,523 posts

The system of money is ultimately failing and we all know this, The pressure comes from the top of the pyramidial structure of greed and it tightens up drastically at the lower levels as of late. We can only see that the corporate greed knows it's coming. As they want to see that not one penny is missing from their till so to speak. The Game i believe will be over very soon. Be Positive and Be at peace in your vortex. Good times are upon us.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), crosby (22nd July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011), Heyoka_11 (24th July 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd July 2011), manny (22nd July 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (22nd July 2011), Sierra (24th July 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

i see it all the time in the workplace.
    promote someone to teamleader and see how they change and think.
    their ego is given a massive boost.

a example,our newly promoted teamleader,became obsessed with figures.
    he would get angry,slam,bang machines,give disapproving looks .continue to push even though we had always hit target and more.
    or he would walk by whiping his leg

terrible management skills.
    this went on for a month or two and was starting to stress the team out.

so one night i had a little chat with him,explaining his behavior,why people were getting fed up all the negative vibes ect.
    also if he carried on he would either have a heart attack or breakdown.
    then i explained how much happier the whole team would be if he changed his attitude .
    because this was not the person he is,the stress was passed down to him.

anyway it was a gamble,we talked.
    and hey its a much happier atmosphere now.
    still hitting same targets,but more fun.

but i will say there are some people who think they are better than you,because of their position.
    and enjoy feeding their ego to belittle you and make themselves feel better.
    my cure for this ,and it works...smile and ignore them,give them nothing to feed on.
    they stand there at a loss.very amusing.when you know they want to have a go,but cannot.
    because you gave them nothing.

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,041 times in 10,210 posts

Quote Posted by corson (here)
    morning truth4me. i can resonate with your thread here. i work in retail as well. it is becoming a hellish ordeal at the store chain that i work for. they are cutting the hours, and piling loads more work on the full timers, cutting raises, and beating us almost to death over a semi-new program that was designed to keep bringing the customers back. there are some grocery stores in our area that work with a premise of synergy. they offer fuel perk rewards for shopping at their store, in turn, when you purchase your food at the designated gas station, they offer food perks to help you save money on purchasing food at their grocery store. it can be very helpful in these times. however, in the non-grocery world of retail, the store that i work for offers barely anything for their rewards: it is something like 1/2 of a cent for each 100 points that you earn, just to come back and purchase some disposable clothing. now there are some people whom purchase gift cards from the local grocery store for my retail store in large quantities so that they receive the fuel/food perk rewards, while gaining major points for buying giant televisions or refridgerators.....the problem is: corporate is not happy with its' employees, we are not signing up enough new people for this program..... it started out as 'anyone can sign up'. now it is only people with email addresses or texting phones are eligible..... and i have to say, our town is saturated with the reward program at this point. nobody wants it. there is really no benefit for it. and corporate is beginning to throw down the gauntlet and telling all managers that they better get the signups or they will be replaced. it is a nightmare....... everyday, this is all we here about. my theory, the corporate big-wigs are starting to feel the crunch in the numbers and "oh my gosh" they may not be able to keep their private jets, their summer homes in provence, there stately automobiles, etc.....

what i'm getting at is it is a dog-eat-dog retail society. they are pounding on the managers so hard that everybody is angry all of the time. that in turn rolls downhill to the full time third-key management like myself, and thus, down to the part timers. it is painful to watch and even more painful to be on the receiving end of their bullpoop. however, it is a job. and there are very few full time positions available in our area. so we dredge on and take the bad with the bad........hoping that our store does not get swallowed up by one of our own.

i feel your pain. and i'm with you 100% on this. thanks for the thread, i've enjoyed ranting a bit about my own predicament.
    warmest regards, corson
    You are in the USA, corson. I sell the odd thing on eBay, usually in the USA.

Nothing is moving right now. eBay is frozen solid.

The USA is frozen like a deer in the headlights, right now.

Things are selling. But only at about one third to one half the price they commanded two-three years back and they take forever to move out. Discretionary spending has dropped right of the map. People are only looking for sure bets, IMO.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), crosby (23rd July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Hervé (23rd July 2011), modwiz (23rd July 2011), PurpleLama (23rd July 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks

My husband worked in management at a grocery store for years. Corporate was constantly wanting more profit, more this, more that while cutting hours to the bare minimum. A very stressfull situation indeed. A kind of business model that is going over the cliff as we speak. I sympathise with every one in retail and the dog eat dog of corporate work in general. One can only do what one can in a day. At the end of the day you have to find a way to decompress and let it go so that it does'nt rob you of peace and health.

As far as one person waking another person up, I think of my own awakening process and how it happened. I always wanted to know the secrets. Somehow I just knew there were deeper mysteries then what was in plain sight. So I searched and eventually came across material that clued me in. I think of the times I tried to prod people awake and it was always ill recieved in one way or another. That is why I think one has to truly be ready and then they find themselves starting to search for answers independantly. I think rarely do people wake up just because someone else gives them information. It can happen but I think it's rare.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Loveisall21 For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), crosby (23rd July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011), Holly Lindin (24th July 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (22nd July 2011), Sierra (24th July 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 times in 171 posts

We can still soar like eagles, even if we work with turkeys.
    Apathetic governments allow chemtrails because chemtrails create an apathetic humanity that is more easily manged when they are breathing in chemtrails.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbert For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Sierra (24th July 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,274 times in 1,357 posts

You guys need a dose of this good stuff :

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPR3GlpQQJA

Love this.
    Don't think it'll be on MTV anytime soon.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Heyoka_11 (23rd July 2011), Kerrigan (22nd July 2011), Loveisall21 (23rd July 2011), truth4me (24th July 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

G'day Teakai,

Thanks for posting the vid. Good stuff indeed! Put more than one or two tingles up and down my spine.

Do you know if LoPortos book is for "real", or an ebook?

I guess I have become a bit suspicious of sites which immediately ask for your name and email address to "sign up".

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,274 times in 1,357 posts

Quote Posted by Heyoka (here)
    G'day Teakai,

Thanks for posting the vid. Good stuff indeed! Put more than one or two tingles up and down my spine.

Do you know if LoPortos book is for "real", or an ebook?

I guess I have become a bit suspicious of sites which immediately ask for your name and email address to "sign up".
    I have no idea about any of that, Heyoka - I just really, really, really like the song.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Heyoka_11 (23rd July 2011)

30. Link to Post #17
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote I have no idea about any of that, Heyoka - I just really, really, really like the song.
    Ok that's great! The site looked like a slick marketing exercise, but did not want to risk offending you by saying so.

Oo Roo!

31. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,730 times in 2,652 posts

hi Carmody, just wanted to expound a little on your response. it is true that discretionary spending is in the 'pot' so to speak. this in turn leads to the ordinary person to not be fully aware of anything except how the economic factor is representing their lives. it makes it difficult for the average sleeper to be able to focus on anything except managing finances and dealing with anger at work. and for this factor, some may never wake up to the realities. they can't see 'outside of their own box'. now some of these people will talk about what happened to their extra money, which in turn can lead to a discussion about the fed, what the gov., is up too, etc. i've found this is one way to introduce the average sleeper to the awakening process. prodding them to look a little deeper into why they have no extra money left over at the end of the day.

i have awakened a few at my place of employment, and for this i am glad. they now come to me to discuss new things that they have learned and want my opinion as to what to do or where to turn for more information. i send a lot of people to alex jones' channels., project camelot videos, and here to read up as a guest on the forum. at the end of the day, they in turn, talk to their families and friends and so on and so on. it's a slow process, but i have come to realize that the there are many who are just not ready to take it all in at once. my mother, for example, still speaks of the republicans as 'poop' heads and the democrats as 'saviors'. i can't get her too see that they are all controlled by the same faction. however, i keep trying. she is going to be 74 this august. she can conceive some of what i speak about, but not all. it is really, at the end of the day, an education issue.

i say, we just keep being who we are, try to move along and spread the word at a quicker pace, if we can, and raise the awareness level of as many people as we can. at first i thought it would be impossible to get anyone to listen, now i know it's a matter of approach with each individual and how they see the construct.

have a great day everyone, and don't give up speaking your truth as you know it. somebody will hear it and take it a step further for themselves.
    warmest regards, corson

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Calz (24th July 2011), Fred Steeves (23rd July 2011), Heyoka_11 (23rd July 2011), Sierra (24th July 2011)

33. Link to Post #19
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

G'day Corson,

The following sort of builds on your post.

Up until recently, I had a hell of a time trying to wake others up in the workplace. This was due mainly to my clownish behaviour. I have always been, and will continue to be, a bit of a jester. I enjoy making others laugh, and heaven knows people need to. I see this as a bit of a service to others, in a world that is horribly short of healthy mirth. However, when given the opportunity to wake someone up, very few would take me seriously; and little wonder, as I was known above all else, as a joker.

I started a new job late last year, and owing to a lack of deskspace, I found myself sandwiched inbetween two departments; the nature of their work bearing little relation to mine. Verbal exchanges with others were few, as I felt like a fish out of water, thus suppressing my characteristic antics. Unbeknownst to me, others in the office thought of me as an extremely serious, matter of fact type.

One day, the subject of a popular conspiracy theory was raised, Princess Diana as I remember, and everyone had a good belly laugh, except for me. I seized the opportunity to air my beliefs, and did so with fair conviction. As I would expect, most laughed, with some blushing as if embarrassed (personnally I think this reaction has more to do with not having a clue). One of the group though, actually backed me up, and we were quickly labelled the office conspiritors. What transpired over the ensuing weeks was something of a minor revolution.

Although many would continue to chuckle, and feign complete disbelief, emails started to circulate within the departments on some of the well known theories, and some even went hunting for sites where these subjects were discussed. The seed had been sown, and I was actually able to start clowing around again without blowing my cover. Subjects were discussed openly, and although it was in a light hearted manner, it was clear that walls were slowly beginning to weaken; not crumble, just weaken a little.

I have had an office of my own for quite a while now, but still pay these new friends a visit now and then, with the conversation not only quickly turning to all matters conspiritorial, but everyone lightening up a little. I even receive the occassional email, with a new recommendation as to what site contains fresh revelations.

What I learned out of this expereince was the importance of establishing credibility prior to tackling the subjects that we hold dear. Perhaps I am a bit slow to cotton on, as it has taken me until the age of fifty for this penny to drop, but better late than never I guess.

I am a firm believer in most peoples ability to recognise the Truth when they encounter it, but for most it must be in an atmosphere which is free of the fear of being subjected to ridicule. Who the hell enjoys being laughed at, or thought to be a fool. For most, this is too high a price to pay.

Whlist it may smack of arrogance to some, not giving a damn what others think of us makes us far more open to revolutionary, and evolutionary, thought. I'll actually stick my neck out here and suggest that it is a vital attribute if one wishes to truly develop.

Now, back to work Heyoka!
    Last edited by Heyoka_11; 24th July 2011 at 00:58.

34. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,171 times in 10,476 posts

Great thread.

Dealing with people in need of "wake up" is one thing ... in a work environment quite another.

I don't work with too many people ... but my supervisor is a staunch right wing, fox quoting, might makes right soul.

To make matters worse he is a "genius" (not only self descibed but admittedly remarkably bright).

Okay ... left brain anchor.

We have had a few interesting "conversations" regarding 9/11 and other assorted news items over the last few years.

Stand up the best I can but don't do well with "bulldozer" types.
    Last edited by Calz; 24th July 2011 at 01:25.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (24th July 2011), Heyoka_11 (24th July 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast