+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Mark

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

Default Re: Mark

Hi, Fred S ~ Just a thought but one of the greatest blessings it would seem to me would be to get Mark hooked back up to the NET provided he has that desire. Just think of all the friends he's made already here to replace any old friends who've fallen by the wayside during his illness. His mind is so bright ~ he's a gift to whoever comes to know him.

Since he has a computer and is not limited in that way, it may be a matter of costs for service provider and in the old days this would be legitimate concern. However, this retirement home or care facility were you are visiting him ~ probably has service for any who are able to tap into it. Also not everyone is aware that anyone parked next to a Jack-in-the Box or many other hotels, motels, and so forth are available bandwidth anyone can tap into ~ if they don't required passwords and codes. Even if they do, it is not that difficult to ask for permission in some way. Maybe you could see if this is a problem, we could help work something out for him.

You might be able to "hook him up" yourself, we could walk you through it here and yes, I am volunteering if you'd like assistance ; )

He may have some sadness about computer use ~ if his old associates and family no longer are available but this is no real limitation. If he wants friends, tons are lining up already to meet and greet him. This could mean a whole new world ~ not available just yesterday ~ to him that you've opened up for him NOW! So cool, yes?!!

Just a thought. Limitations only exist if we allow them to hinder us. There are ways to get around these limitations now in most instances. Using Avalon to open these doors for Mark might offer more healing than even we can imagine now. This is the beauty of life and being open! Much love! xoxoxox
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

Camilo (3rd August 2011), Fred Steeves (3rd August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd August 2011), Miller (3rd August 2011), Rainbowbrite (3rd August 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd August 2011), seko (29th August 2011), TWINCANS (4th August 2011), ulli (12th August 2011), ViralSpiral (3rd August 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Darla Ken Jensen Pearce (here)
    You might be able to "hook him up" yourself, we could walk you through it here and yes, I am volunteering if you'd like assistance ; )
    Hi Darla, thank you for the kind offer! I have to laugh though, to walk me through something like that is like trying to walk a dog through the multiplication tables. He mentioned needing a computer geek, but then it seemed he may already have that geek in a brother who lives not too far away. After asking three times about being online and him changing the subject, I decided I was pushing where I didn't belong, atleast for now. He did say he's ready for wireless, but that the facility him and my gramma are in blocks the signal somehow. Confusing.

I actually don't know Mark that well, having only really 'talked" to him once now, so I'm feeling for now atleast, it's more appropriate just to get to know him as a person and a friend. There may be personal issues I don't know of, so I'm just going to leave it be for the time being.

Thanks for caring Darla, and if the opportunity arises I'll let ya'll coach me through the multiplicaton tables.

Cheers,
    Fred

4. Link to Post #43
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,824 times in 1,436 posts

Please keep us informed of Mark's progress Fred ...... xoxo

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (3rd August 2011), Fred Steeves (4th August 2011), ktlight (3rd August 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd August 2011), Rainbowbrite (3rd August 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (3rd August 2011)

6. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Frank S. thanks for sharing your inside about Mark's story with us. You can be sure the Avalonians across the board are sending him love and healing energies, as well as compassion and understanding.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (12th August 2011), Fred Steeves (4th August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Lord Sidious (4th August 2011), NeverMind (4th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (3rd August 2011), seko (29th August 2011)

8. Link to Post #45
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

I am reading this thread and between thoughts and feelings about Mark and About our Fred,I am feeling most greatfull and humbled to be in the (virtual) company of all of you!

It feel like the hearts of everyone that responded here are beating on the same rhythm and making great music.connectedness and compassion will melt even the toughest barrier of our world. it is the material of the new creation.

Quote Originally posted by Corncrake:
    "There is an uplifting autobiography called 'A Child of Eternity' about a severely autistic child, Adriana Rocha, who was able to express herself through 'Facilitated Communication' - using a helper and computer although I suspect Mark is beyond this.."
    I have not heard about Adriana,but here is what sounds like a similiar story (and pretty much remarkable!) of Carly - a severly Autistic girl who managed to find her inner voice through the computure. one can not be indifferent when watching carly, making this hugh breakthrough!

Its stories like this that makes me wonder: What does it make for a soul to be locked in a body without really being able to be seen,or heard...or to express itself...

from a spiritual level perspective,it might be that souls that take those kind of situation upon themselvs for life or for the end of their lives like Mark did,are actually taking upon themselvs the role of helping people around them learn more about love,compassion,mutual understanding,patience and respect.

If this 'theory' is true,than they are very much an advanced souls!

Look how Mark's story of competing with the ALS disease via Fred effected us
    ~ I send good blessings to Mark ~

An advanced soul

~*&^~*&^

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 4th August 2011 at 02:10.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Black Panther (26th November 2011), Camilo (4th August 2011), Corncrake (19th September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (12th August 2011), Fred Steeves (4th August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Lord Sidious (4th August 2011), NeverMind (4th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (4th August 2011), seko (29th August 2011), ulli (12th August 2011)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Absolutely. Will do my best.

But he is also blessed: not only with his spirit, but with your presence in his life.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Camilo (4th August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (12th August 2011), Fred Steeves (4th August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Lord Sidious (4th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (4th August 2011), seko (29th August 2011)

12. Link to Post #47
    Great Britain Avalon Retired Member Anno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 times in 567 posts

This thread is awesome. I think we've had our lesson. At first we all saw Mark's condition and experience from the outside and we saw it as awful and all wanted to help. With more information, Fred discovers that the universe is already taking care of Mark and giving him what he needs. More than that, Mark is living up to his Hero/Warrior name and not letting it get him down.

The lesson this has taught me is that we shouldn't be so quick to see the negativity in situations before we've learnt the full story and assume the saviour mentality. Not everyone we think is broken needs to be fixed.

My thanks to Fred and Mark.

I have a feeling he could end up teaching us a whole lot more as Fred gets to know him better.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anno For This Post:

Argos (16th September 2011), Camilo (4th August 2011), Corncrake (19th September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (12th August 2011), Fred Steeves (4th August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Lord Sidious (4th August 2011), NeverMind (7th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (6th August 2011), seko (29th August 2011)

14. Link to Post #48
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anno (here)
    I have a feeling he could end up teaching us a whole lot more as Fred gets to know him better.
    Very astute observation Anno, and it is a most welcome teaching! Thank you for that perspective!

Cheers,
    Fred

15. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

We know that Mark believes in miracles. What more do we need?

I'm sending a miracle to Mark in the form of a local healer, whose identity I do not know, who will begin to work with Mark (with his permission) to heal him to whatever extent his soul purpose will allow.

I am sending warm cuddly hugs to Mark and am sending joy and a blissful-ness for as long as he accepts this.

I pray for the use of his hands and arms that he may have ability to use the computer and reach out and be-with.

I send him LOVE!!
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Snowbird For This Post:

Anno (16th September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (12th August 2011), Fred Steeves (5th August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Lord Sidious (4th August 2011), Marianne (18th September 2011), Rainbowbrite (6th August 2011), seko (29th August 2011)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Oh, what a wonderful person you are!!!! Truly beautiful, Mark definitely orchestrated his chart brilliantly to have you take the time speak with him. This is a lovely thing you have done.

What an experience Mark is having in this incarnation, he will be learning a great deal from these limitations - can you imagine...!

I am about to do a meditation, I will be thinking of Mark and I'll send him loads of healing energy and unconditional love.

Simone xx

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Simone For This Post:

Anno (16th September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (12th August 2011), Fred Steeves (12th August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Limor Wolf (12th August 2011), Lord Sidious (12th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (15th August 2011), seko (29th August 2011)

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Thank you Fred. Your attention has brought to our brother the creative and healing force of creation. I appreciate the opportunity to look through the eyes of a kind heart and see Mark whole and well. Have no doubt or belief to the contrary and it is so. Best Wishes.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to motherlove For This Post:

Anno (16th September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (12th August 2011), Fred Steeves (12th August 2011), GCS1103 (30th August 2011), Lord Sidious (12th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (15th August 2011), seko (29th August 2011)

21. Link to Post #52
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi all, this should probably be the last post on the subjject of Mark, per say. It seems more appropriate for Anchor's healing thread to take this sort of thing to a new level. Thank you for that John!!! If I have any future things to report on Mark, it will likely be in that thread if things can get up and running.

So in that interum let me just say I saw Mark briefly tonight, and there WAS a difference. Partly from the "feeling" I got from putting my hand on his shoulder, ( that's the handshake) his spirit seemed somewhat uplifted. Also, I could swear he could move and do his crude articulation attempts just a bit better than before. Mind you that I wasn't looking for this, my main reason for being there is to ensure gramma is o.k., but with my mind in a completely different place and busy with the usual daily distractions, this was duly noted. I thought ya'll might like to hear that.

Look at the possibilities before us Avalon!!! Dare to look at what me, you, all of us can do together!!! Don't just dream big things, dare to dream the "impossible", and know it will come to pass.

Cheers,
    Fred
    Last edited by Fred Steeves; 29th August 2011 at 22:10.

22. Link to Post #53
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Fred, Please share this with Mark:

Holding you as closely in peace and love as I can Mark. I will not cry for that would not make you happy, I will not feign joy for that would be untrue to my spirit. I send you love, peace, joy, patience, and above all serenity in spirit. May you gain what you need in each moment.

Love,

Serenity

23. Link to Post #54
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Fred, sending healing intentions to Mark. Please keep us posted.

And a bump for the thread.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Anno (16th September 2011), Fred Steeves (29th August 2011), Lord Sidious (29th August 2011), Rainbowbrite (28th September 2011), seko (29th August 2011)

25. Link to Post #55

Blessings to you and Mark

Nora

we are all related

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

Anno (16th September 2011), Fred Steeves (18th September 2011), Heyoka_11 (15th September 2011), Lord Sidious (15th September 2011), Marianne (15th September 2011), Miller (16th September 2011), Rainbowbrite (28th September 2011)

27. Link to Post #56
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Junebug (here)
    Things have been so wide open crazy round here recently that I haven't had much of an opportunity to speak clearly with Mark, atleast though his translation computer in his room. I keep promising I'll come and spend some time, but multiple other events have just not allowed it thus far.

What I CAN report is that last week, there was an incident with a gentlemen in there who is in a wheelchair, has full use of his arms, and occassionally will attack another resident when he is p.o'd, whether it is an old lady or what. Apparently this past week this guy Dennis did this to helpless Mark. He grabbed his arm and tried to jerk him out of his chair. This wonderful woman who looks after Mark named Marlene talked to management, and management, in all their infinite wisdom, suggested Mark should be someplace else. She is going to file a complaint, and I made sure to tell her what I've seen with this violent guy in the past, and to please bring me in for any testimony needed.

I'm slow to anger, but if Bob the glitzy sports car owner tries to kick Mark out, it's going to be 'game on'. There are certain times in life when one must stand, and this may be coming. The recent progress Mark has made will not be snuffed out...

Cheers,
    Fred

28. Link to Post #57
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    Things have been so wide open crazy round here recently that I haven't had much of an opportunity to speak clearly with Mark, atleast though his translation computer in his room. I keep promising I'll come and spend some time, but multiple other events have just not allowed it thus far.

What I CAN report is that last week, there was an incident with a gentlemen in there who is in a wheelchair, has full use of his arms, and occassionally will attack another resident when he is p.o'd, whether it is an old lady or what. Apparently this past week this guy Dennis did this to helpless Mark. He grabbed his arm and tried to jerk him out of his chair. This wonderful woman who looks after Mark named Marlene talked to management, and management, in all their infinite wisdom, suggested Mark should be someplace else. She is going to file a complaint, and I made sure to tell her what I've seen with this violent guy in the past, and to please bring me in for any testimony needed.

I'm slow to anger, but if Bob the glitzy sports car owner tries to kick Mark out, it's going to be 'game on'. There are certain times in life when one must stand, and this may be coming. The recent progress Mark has made will not be snuffed out...

Cheers,
    Fred
    Tell them they have failed in their duty of care obligation and are negligent in letting this guy attack people.
    They are liable criminally and civilly and that you have proof.
    That will get their attention.
    You won't have to even say ''law suit'', they will hear that in those words.
    If you need more info/help, let me know.

29. Link to Post #58
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)

Cheers,
    Fred
    Tell them they have failed in their duty of care obligation and are negligent in letting this guy attack people.
    They are liable criminally and civilly and that you have proof.
    That will get their attention.
    You won't have to even say ''law suit'', they will hear that in those words.
    If you need more info/help, let me know.
    Thank you Rob, trust me I'll do just that.There's nothing in this world I despise more than a bully...

30. Link to Post #59
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Thank you Rob, trust me I'll do just that.There's nothing in this world I despise more than a bully...
    Me too Fred.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3