+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Law of Attraction - Does it work?

1. Link to Post #41
    England Avalon Member Shakespeare's Foot.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Law of Attraction - Does it work?

Quote Posted by Artemesia (here)
    Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    Quote Posted by Shakespeare's Foot. (here)
    Does anybody know of a good website about the Law of Attraction? I'd be interested in learning a little but more (about the process, etc).
    Hi,

This is a great question to ask. As far as I can tell, the term "Law of Attraction" was coined, or at least popularized in the film "The Secret".
    Hm. Perhaps.

My experience was that I'd heard it referred to by David Wilcock regularly, but sort of knew it intuitively. I was at a local thrift store and found it in the Spirituality section, and its been sitting on my self for awhile now. About a week ago it was clear to me it was time to read it. It is by Bill and Esther Hicks and is called "The Law of Attraction", a channelled work from an entity calling itself "Abraham". I didn't read the beginning part of the book about the source and channelling, but I'm presuming its the entity Abraham referred to in the Bible. Do correct me if I'm wrong, anyone else who's read it.

The point is, its not 'coined' by any human on Earth. Its a Universal Principle, and one most of us have not been taught or made aware of formally, but have functioning in our lives regardless of our awareness of it. Western culture has certainly done its part to make things seem 'convenient' and encourage sloppy, errant, thought, which is at the core of much of the unpleasantries we find ourselves manifesting. Understanding the law(s) and how they work allow one to manifest creatively and with what Castaneda would call "the force of the will and unbending intent", drawing into oneself useful, joyous, loving experiences of abundance. By contrast, allowing 'whatever' to pop into one's consciousness and perseverate or endlessly permutate itself into contemplations of difficult scenarios likewise draws in experience, but not always the kind one wants. The power of emotion attached to thought is the magnet, the electricity that drives that magnetic attractor. Whatever you focus on, be it 'really want' or 'really don't want', it arrives, full force.

The higher in consciousness one goes, the more refined the energies of attraction, and hence the need for greater self-authority and restraint or discipline, to curtail the random thought forms wandering by one's awareness field and maintain a tidy mental platform to ensure optimal manifestation of one's dharmic path.

Of course, when those funky experiences come, the key is to honor them, accept one's responsibility in allowing them/creating them into one's reperatoire of knowledge based on life experience, and use them as tools for further growth. As the popular metaphysical bumper sticker says, "Oh no, not another LEARNING experience!" So it goes for we humans who are growing up and out of the cesspit these days. Find the garden of Earthly delights instead....
    Excellent reply again. Many thanks.

2. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

Hi Afflicto, don't listen that you get the bad stuff to yourself, or else half of those people controlling the world would be having a bad time, and not a super good time at our expense. What you can do is try to change your feelings towards your situation, but this will take years because it is hard, when you are in the middle of the mess.

As to the "law of attraction" and the the secret...my biggest issue with them, is they are the biggest straight in your face PLAGIRISIM i ever saw of Napoleon Hill's "Think and grow rich" and unlike the title he wasn't only talking about material wealth,
    and he went through both real good and real bad times before it hit him what was going on, the then studied the lifes of succesful people and even has a nice story about his son, who was born deaf mute.

he called it "law of success" though, and didn't keep anything to himself.

its an easy read here is an onlike link to the book that i found.

http://sellcasa.com/think-and-grow-rich.pdf

3. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,243 times in 8,655 posts

For some years I wanted to leave the city and move to the mountains. First I moved to the exurbs and foothills and had a long commute. When that property got trashed by new nearby chicken agri-buisiness, I developed the will and desire and need to sell and get the hale away from that. I adopted the internet 'persona' mountain_jim even though I only dreamed of living in the mountains. This was part of the 'sympathetic magic', invoking my hoped-for and planned-for future before it manifested. Then it took several more years for all to line up, but when it was time, the place we had seen in a real-estate book and circled over 3 years before was still available (with 2 loud mossy, rocky streams joining just below the deck), we offered what we could afford, offer accepted, financing and everything went smooth as glass, and we have loved our mountain homestead lifestyle for 8 years now. It's not always been finacially easy or secure, but it always felt 'right' and everything keeps working out to be able to stay here so far.

That's my example of the Law Of Attraction in my life....
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 31st July 2011 at 15:14.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (31st July 2011)

5. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

The big sercret about "The Secret" was that they (censors) kept the most important factor a secret - in the hopes of destroying the concept when people couldn't figure out to use it correctly.
    It's all about emotions, vibrations and feelings, not wishes or wants lol.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

modwiz (1st August 2011), Rainbowbrite (1st August 2011)

7. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Quote Posted by afflicto (here)
    ....Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    Don't hold on to this one to tightly as it pertains to other people, Your proof is Yours alone and usually based on an experience You need to have, that other person with "evidence" already had their experience. Also expecting someone else to provide your proof can be in its own subtle way negative. Their proof doesn't have your intention.

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by afflicto (here)
    So.. what you're saying is that I deserve to be in this position, and I only attract stuff that I can use to help other people... well how the **** can I help other people in this situation?
    I help people on a regular basis. I make free tutorials on youtube, completely free.. I use hours and hours of work to help people do what they want to do.
    I help people with computers.. I'm in fact helping a friend of mine to buy computer parts for a new computer he's building.
    And I'm probably gonna build it for him too.

I need a freakin stable life, so I can relax and work on myself.
    now it's my ****ING turn to be relaxed and feel some joy and love.
    I'm SICK of this.

Sorry for the rage.
    You know that rage you feel?
    That is your undoing. That attracts even more negativity to you.
    Have you heard of the rule of three?
    Whatever you put out comes back to you three times over.
    Form your hand into a ''pistol'' type shape and look, one finger pointing out, three pointing back at you.
    That rage comes back as more negativity.
    You MUST let it go, or it will generate a whole load of crap for you.

Once you know what to look at you'll realize the law of attraction is actually working for you, you put out there that you do this for your friends, it becomes a thought that resurfaces multiple times, even with its own energy (as Lord Sidious says, its the Rage). This brings more of the same. Understand your emotions, feelings and how they play with/against your conscience thought. Start to get that in order and your conscience will start to affect your sub-conscience. I've found that therein lies the "secret" of enjoying the law of attraction. Its the subtleties of our sub-conscience that really have the power to tap the law of attraction and we need to realize that we have a lifetime (some shorter, some longer) of "habit setting" in that sub-conscience.

Once we re-train the surface, our conscience thought, feelings, emotions and intent. This will also adjust the part of that foundation we have which is sub-conscience. Then you'll realize that "the proof of others" is only their perspective and experience, not yours. It may have meaning but the real "meat and potatoes" is within you!!

**Also remember, the law of attraction doesn't care about "good" or "bad", its all energy put in from you and returned back....again, "be careful what you wish for...."
    Last edited by zebowho; 31st July 2011 at 18:47. Reason: added a note at the bottom...
    A single thought is a seed....Imagination is the water!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zebowho For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (31st July 2011)

9. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Creative Lorraine's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Everyone, I would like to share my Unusual Experience' Story
    Early 2010 I was on the Journey of Learning the LAW OF ATTRACTION
    Scribed to free newsletter Bob Doyle
    I have always been somewhat Physic , very Creative very Intuitive Pisces is my Sign

Before I start want to let you know a little of myself.. So you can understand my story
    When I was married the last 5 yrs of my marriage I owned a Craft Business out of my Home
    I developed a craft from salt dough attended Craft shows, consignment store in mall,Retail stores on Internet
    HERE'S THE STORY...

My Girlfriend from work told me she"Trash Runs"and sells the stuff in a Peddlers Mall..
    I'm like what...tell me more... She said she drives around at night before trash pickup
    in subdivisions and picks up furniture etc.. Her husband fixes these items up resales it
    Hmmm..Well now I don't make much money ...I would like to have some stuff and be
    Creative with it,,, This is where the LAW OF ATTRACTION comes in
    So I have a house with no Patio furniture So for a week I thought when I do this
    Trash Running thingy I want to find Wicker chairs...So i get into my PT Cruiser driving
    around my subdivision in the dark looking on the curbs sidewalks next to everybody's
    Trash Can OH MY ..there it was A Wicker Love seat chair i grabbed it placed in car
    and took it home. It only needed spray paint and was in good condition

Next night found 2 wicker chairs from a different Subdivision
    I was smiling from ear to ear Thanking the universe for this stuff
    Okay , so every week i gathered my thoughts and found the stuff
    over time my damn backyard was looking like Stanford & Son's LOL
    Had no Fence couldn't afford a fence So I talked with my Brother
    about the LAW OF ATTRACTION He thought It was funny I got all this
    Stuff.. So he said Put out to the universe on some Scrubs .. I did Guess
    what it happened!! But i had to make 4 trips to one house cuz their Scrubs
    where so big .. I collected only enough Scrubs for half of back yard half to think for
    more next year which is " NOW"
    Also my Brother stated Oh you know this is just a coincidence.

So I said Okay then Want do you want ? He said I need some stuff for
    my garden .. And my Brother loves Florida and he is A Talented Artist
    But he only stated He wanted stuff for his Garden
    I collected statues, birdbaths & water fountains of related to sea/ocean Florida
    He was convinced !!!

So you see LAW OF ATTRACTION does work But later I figured out that it only works
    for Intention.. The Intention was " I had Limited funds " ... I'm creative with my hands and My
    other thoughts along with this I wanted some Stuff To fix up to Resale for extra income
    Also 'I only found stuff that I thought of..I did test my self one time Thinking of something
    unique like some craft stuff I found 5 Clear Bags of Craft items you would buy at craft shows
    laying on sidewalk Dolls like Raggy Ann and seasonal /Pillows Hand made, Floral wreaths-Seasonal 2 Handmade Quits etc.. The following week same house put a For sale Sign Up. Try it for yourself but you have to believe...

LUV
    Lorraine

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creative Lorraine For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st August 2011), Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011)

11. Link to Post #47
    UK Avalon Member Mark Aldebaran's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't be wet. The so-called 'Law' of Attraction is complete and utter piffle.
    If anybody was ever seriously driven to influence their fate, it would be some of the 10,000 that will die of starvation today; or maybe those being tortured to death.
    Clearly, they don't want it badly enough, or do not have the right technique. Or perhaps it only works in dollars.

What's much more interesting is why people would ever seriously consider that it worked.
    This has puzzled me for years. I'm resisting the obvious conclusion ~ that we still live in the dark ages.
    "Oh, man. Look at those cavemen go... " David Bowie.

12. Link to Post #48
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by Mark Aldebaran (here)
    If anybody was ever seriously driven to influence their fate, it would be some of the 10,000 that will die of starvation today; or maybe those being tortured to death.
    What?

Are you honestly unable to differentiate between the unfortunate majority who are battling to feed themselves, and we, the fortunate well fed few? Do you lumber yourself with guilt over the fact that you are not starving? I for one, do not!

You are right, some of us do live in the dark ages! Though I doubt that it is those who had contributed to this thread; with the possible exception of post 47!
    Last edited by Heyoka_11; 1st August 2011 at 11:03.

13. Link to Post #49
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Watch out what thoughts you harbor then invest in. That is your basic power, it shapes your world. Therefore it is most wise to be present in observations at all times and places.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Lord Sidious (1st August 2011)

15. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Clearly, they don't want it badly enough, or do not have the right technique. Or perhaps it only works in dollars.

What's much more interesting is why people would ever seriously consider that it worked.
    This has puzzled me for years. I'm resisting the obvious conclusion ~ that we still live in the dark ages.
    But have you tried it? The reason I consider it works is because I have tried it and it worked!!
    I am not the one who is mentally unwell, unstable nor do I (currently )live in the dark ages.

But I do find these comments about cavemen and dark ages appropriate to yourself. The fact that you hone in those two time frames is actually interesting. Most of us have had past lives that would make you ill to remember from those times, full of pain and trauma. I bet if you release some of that toxic crap you are carrying you will be able to manifest some of your deepest desires with beauteous ease. It does actually take a bit of work you know.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tigressa For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), zebowho (1st August 2011)

17. Link to Post #51
    UK Avalon Member Mark Aldebaran's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason you can reply on your computer is that a while ago some clever people realized that correlation does not equal causation.
    Otherwise we would still be sacrificing goats.

I look forward to hearing from one of you manifesting a response without the benefit of technology.
    You know you can if you really wanted to.

Until then, I hope you enjoy your new religion.
    Really, if it brings you comfort, I do. Just don't inflict it on the rest of us.
    "Oh, man. Look at those cavemen go... " David Bowie.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Aldebaran For This Post:

19. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

...Until then, I hope you enjoy your new religion.
    Really, if it brings you comfort, I do. Just don't inflict it on the rest of us.
    And yet, its ok for you to inflict yours on others? Its still one side of a coin.

I believe science to a point but science doesn't have all the answers, far from it. I'm also not going to debate "your opinion" vs. "my opinion" ...we know the phrase on that one. All I'm saying is nobody has all the answers and if there is something you or I believe, that does not (or should not) make it "gospel" for others.

You do bring a balance though, with your end of the spectrum of belief.

-z
    A single thought is a seed....Imagination is the water!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zebowho For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011)

21. Link to Post #53
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

I now live in the very same house i always wanted to. But i'm still waiting on the big lottery win lol...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kersley For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), pharoah21 (1st August 2011)

23. Link to Post #54
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

It's worrying that when a member expresses their view in opposition to the majority, on a thread that isn't making a statement but asking for people's experiences and opinions, there are some who feel it is acceptable to jump down their throats.
    Shame.
    Kathie

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), Mark Aldebaran (3rd August 2011)

25. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

For a few years events like this looked like coincidences.
    But when these coincidences started to show up three or four in a day, in unrelated locations,
    it puzzled me more even than you are puzzled by the fact that people believe in it.

I feel sorry for people who deny there is a sun, just because they have no sight.
    Voice your non-belief all you want, it won't change reality one iota.

But what is even more amazing about how the sub-quantum system works,
    that a person fixed in non-belief can NEVER manifest anything other than the confirmation of their non-belief.

Not saying that people like you are necessarily unhappy, either. It's just how it is.

There are many different paths, and yours may be about working shoulder to shoulder
    with those who are setting up refugee camps under severe conditions.

It's just not a good idea to be so arrogant that one has to put others down.

My cat can see in the dark, I can't.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), zebowho (1st August 2011)

27. Link to Post #56
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote DeDukshyn

Re: Law of Attraction - Does it work?
    The big sercret about "The Secret" was that they (censors) kept the most important factor a secret - in the hopes of destroying the concept when people couldn't figure out to use it correctly.
    It's all about emotions, vibrations and feelings, not wishes or wants lol.
    Simple and yet the answer... It's all about emotions, vibrations and feelings...

I personnaly learned to do it through the teachings of Abraham Hicks. In other words, you can't experience something that you can't feel. If you visualize that you are rich and you feel like you are poor, the experience created always responds to the way you feel, the emotion connected to your thaughts, so therefore you will remain in a poor state!

The way you feel is the key!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zia For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011), ulli (1st August 2011), zebowho (1st August 2011)

29. Link to Post #57
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I find this subject quite intesting.

First of all, the "science" these notions are based upon (or rather, are half hartidly justified by) are nonsence. Full stop.

Although I would contend that cause and effect DOES transfer into the realm of human "concepts" (I'm having a hard time defining this), it's not in the way that propagaters of LOA usually claim.

Human concepts are hard to tackle, they lie in a "realm" of it's own, such concepts can quite easily become a headf**k when you start getting philosophical about them.

Yes, we can litterally pin point the electronics of an idea or "concept": thoughts litterally zip around your brain at high speeds, there is actually a physical space your thoughts occupy and this can be tested, but still: the perception of a thought (or perception itself) would seem "unphysical", there is no way of pinpointing it. The IAM, the Self, the I, or whatnot.

Therefore, any idea's or theory's about such human concepts also (by default) enter this crazy "realm". However, this does not excuse being naive or gullable. Such ideas can still be logical or "scientific" (testable).

Now, this may sound crazy and irrelevant but bare with me. There is IMO 2 ways of defining Magic:

1. A supernatural force.
    2. The process of human concepts physically manifesting.

Often today, magic is refered to as "illusion" (what we know as a magician practices artful illusion, for example) but IMO this should be defined as sorcery. Aanyway...

This is intresting because I see alot of overlapping or confusion between the two. For example: any notion about number 1 (supernatural things), is a human concept, and saying something about it or telling someone about it is an example of number 2,you say or type something about it (physical manifestation.). Likewise it could also be argued that human perception/concepts themselve's are "supernatural" (the realm of it's own I was talking about.)

Now then, many will try tell me the universe will bend to my will, if I think about a sort of car, I will get that car because that's the way the universe works [enter some law of thermo dynamics for justification here].

Whut? You've taken 2 completely different things, made an arbitory link, and said all is well.

Selective justification for scientific matters is a joke. I could say anything I wanted, and then find something that loosely corrilates and use this as "proof". But this has no relevance to the real world, it doesn't make what I'm saying true. It is nothing but an excuse for ignorance.

HOWEVER. It's clear, that someone who wants some sort of car, will more likely end up owning that sort of car.

Why is that?

Well phycologically it's strait forward (kinda), if I think about getting something, I'm more likely to take action to cater towards that thought.

For example.

If I like a cirtain girl, and imagined/thought about myself comfortably with her, I'm much more likely to talk to her and prehaps start a relationship with her, because of the physical actions I make WHICH ARE BASED ON MY THOUGHTS.

Likewise, if I put her on a pedastol in my mind, think about how better then me she is, or out of my league, then I'm likely not going to talk to her and therefore ever start a relationship with her. Simple.

In much the same way, if I think about myself in a car, if I litterally imprint the image of such a car into my thoughts, every action I make will now more likely cater towards getting that car.

For instance:

I see an oppertunity to make some money (which could buy such a car) but subconciously I don't see or imagine myself doing such a task, and also can't see the immediate benefit.

But if I've been thinking about getting this car, and understand what it takes, I'm much more likely to take up this oppertunity to make money, because I immediately understand the benefits (it litterally takes me one physical step closer to owning that car)

Anyware forgive my incoherent post and grammar spelling, I've had a few and just wanted to express something I've yet to discuss or put into black and white.

What I'm basically trying to say is:

There is IMO something too "LAO" that is yet to be clearly pinpointed, but the relevance LOA holds lies in it's conclusions, not in it's joke premises. That is to say they have tried to physically justify something that cannot/or hasnot yet been physically justified. Although I think it can be explained phycologicallyy, I don't think it comes down to thermo dynamics :S ...ofcourse theres the whole micro/macrocosm thing, but still, something of that nature is never so straitforward.
    Last edited by Omni connexae!; 1st August 2011 at 21:57.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni connexae! For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

31. Link to Post #58
    Australia Avalon Member cheez_2806's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it works.
    -I wanted to have the experience of OBE
    And that same night I got into sleep paralysis..it scared me because at that time I didn't know what was happening...
    Then I couldn't sleep...ToT

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheez_2806 For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st August 2011)

33. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Worked for me.

But you must be VERY specific and think of all of the 'unintended' consequences and ramifications or you can get disappointed.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

34. The Following User Says Thank You to nearing For This Post:

35. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    It's worrying that when a member expresses their view in opposition to the majority, on a thread that isn't making a statement but asking for people's experiences and opinions, there are some who feel it is acceptable to jump down their throats.
    Shame.
    Kathie
    If you meant what I wrote above, sorry if I offended you. I don't have a problem with someone saying 'It's never worked for me, I tried it and I think it is bunkum'. I do feel that Mr. Aldebaran was insulting the rest of the thread by intimating they soft headed or relics of a byegone era for having an experience he's never had. Probably I was little a rude in response though.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tigressa For This Post:

Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), Tarka the Duck (3rd August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast