+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: Law of Attraction - Does it work?

1. Link to Post #61
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Default Re: Law of Attraction - Does it work?

Quote Posted by Tigressa (here)
    Quote Posted by Tarka the Duck (here)
    It's worrying that when a member expresses their view in opposition to the majority, on a thread that isn't making a statement but asking for people's experiences and opinions, there are some who feel it is acceptable to jump down their throats.
    Shame.
    Kathie
    If you meant what I wrote above, sorry if I offended you. I don't have a problem with someone saying 'It's never worked for me, I tried it and I think it is bunkum'. I do feel that Mr. Aldebaran was insulting the rest of the thread by intimating they soft headed or relics of a byegone era for having an experience he's never had. Probably I was little a rude in response though.
    Ditto for me as well. I am happy to hear an opposing point of view, but not when it's delivered in an disrespectful manner. If Mark thinks that the LOA is a load of old cobblers, then perhaps it would be best to start a new thread, entitled "LOA is a load of old cobblers". At least we would know what to expect!

BTW, I think that most folk who utilise the LOA would admit that their own actions have a great deal to do with favourable outcomes. Setting ones own mind on the fulfillment of a worthwhile goal will no doubt spur one to action in line with that goal. I consider this a prerequisite for the LOA to actually kick in so to speak. In that supportive frame of mind, one is also far more likely to recognise coincidence/synchronicity that plays a supportive role.

2. Link to Post #62
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Mark Aldebaran (here)
    Don't be wet. The so-called 'Law' of Attraction is complete and utter piffle.
    If anybody was ever seriously driven to influence their fate, it would be some of the 10,000 that will die of starvation today; or maybe those being tortured to death.
    Clearly, they don't want it badly enough, or do not have the right technique. Or perhaps it only works in dollars.

What's much more interesting is why people would ever seriously consider that it worked.
    This has puzzled me for years. I'm resisting the obvious conclusion ~ that we still live in the dark ages.
    It is very easy to dismiss something when you don't understand how it could possibly work. There was a wise man who once said "A man with a new idea is a fool - only until that idea is proven" For me, I have experienced what the law of attraction can do, but when the book was published, key elements were purposely left out as an attempt to debunk the whole thing - it is not about wishes and wants at all, the obvious conclusion is that your perceptions conclude your conclusion "...living in the dark ages." Not everyone shares those perceptions - those are yours specifically. Therefore you conclusion is predictable even.

It is not about "I want this" or "I want that" - it is about creating gently with vibrational resonances - when you are starving, being tortured or beaten, I don't think this what people do ... I think they are fearing for their lives - and fears manifest just the same which actually supports the law of attraction. I recommend the video "What the !@#$& do we know!" that gets into how the study of quantum physics and what scientists have learned, which fully supports conscious creation - it isn't religion / witchcraft / magic / etc - -it is based in pure science and has some pretty good evidence in support of .. check it out, there are a few clips posted on avalon somewhere ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st August 2011 at 23:37. Reason: spelling
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), mab777 (12th September 2011), phillipbbg (4th August 2011), strevane (3rd August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

4. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks

TPTB, Illuminati, occultists -- all use the law of attraction - I have read about it from within some of their looser circles. Why would they teach this within their circles (the most powerful influnces over the world today), if it was bunk? It is taught inside Mason circles even. There was a guy .. something Trudeau, wrote a book on it ...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), strevane (3rd August 2011)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,221 times in 554 posts

In my experience the answer is a definite yes. I have proven this to myself so many times over and over again by imagining some particular event happening or thinking about something I'm looking to find... and the exact event or thing would appear in my life. It also seems to include every single little detail which was envisioned ahead of time. I may have an unusual ability in this area because I have recognized that it is the case and I have practiced using this ability so often... it's probably kind of like exercising a certain muscle and having it built up over time.

It has become apparent to me that everyone is using this ability all the time, and the key is to get in control of your thinking and choose to focus mainly on that which you would like to have happen in your life, and not focus on that which you do not want to have happen or continue. There is a saying, not sure where from, but it goes like this... "Energy flows where attention goes." So shall we focus our thoughts on the problems and feed them more energy and thus perpetuate them, or shall we use our thoughts more wisely by helping to manifest a greater future by energizing and projecting positive energy and productive concepts on our future?

To me the course of our future will be determined by which thoughts we choose to focus upon today... and when enough folks get together in like mind, what we now call miracles will be the end result.

Happy Manifesting : )

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valley For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st August 2011), Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), Marianne (5th August 2011), strevane (3rd August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

8. Link to Post #65
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valley (here)
    It has become apparent to me that everyone is using this ability all the time, and the key is to get in control of your thinking and choose to focus mainly on that which you would like to have happen in your life, and not focus on that which you do not want to have happen or continue.

To me the course of our future will be determined by which thoughts we choose to focus upon today... and when enough folks get together in like mind, what we now call miracles will be the end result.

Happy Manifesting : )
    Dead on Valley, everyone's ego has always used the law of attraction, but the ego is an unconscious entitiy even though it is guiding our lives (not good); when your consciousness (higher self or awakened self) utilizes the law of attraction in a focused and proper way (proper way being the key phrase), then you can utilize that power that you were always using - but rather than to further the human condition it can be used as tool and a service to those who are conscious - those who are awakened ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd August 2011 at 00:27. Reason: left out an important "than" --fixed; thanks for getting it anyway, thankers.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), strevane (3rd August 2011), Valley (2nd August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

10. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

A few months ago, I was desperate to find a place with like minded individuals so I could grow my knowledge and learn. I ended up becoming a member of PA
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd August 2011), Heyoka_11 (1st August 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), Marianne (5th August 2011), Tigressa (2nd August 2011), Valley (22nd December 2011)

12. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pharoah21 (here)
    A few months ago, I was desperate to find a place with like minded individuals so I could grow my knowledge and learn. I ended up becoming a member of PA
    You are so cute!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigressa For This Post:

pharoah21 (2nd August 2011)

14. Link to Post #68
    UK Avalon Member Mark Aldebaran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    My cat can see in the dark, I can't.
    No, your cat can only see in the light, same as you.
    And it's not magic; retinas respond to photons of varying wavelengths.
    It's just that your cat's eyes go out to 1.8 microns (compared to 750 nanometers for human eyes), so longer wavelength light that is too dark for you (say 1000nm) would be visible light for your cat.
    On my planet we call it science.

From reading your responses, some things are becoming clearer. I now understand that the "Law" of Attraction is a personal "law" that only works when people with no concept of the scientific method correlate personal events (for instance, experience coincidences) and magically imbue causative attributes to the preceding event. And I have to do this myself, rather than take another's word for the correlation.

Please correct me if I've misunderstood this.
    That bald guy from the Secret movie apparently misunderstood, big time, as his current gig is that it's no use just "Attracting", you actually have to do some work as well.
    "Oh, man. Look at those cavemen go... " David Bowie.

15. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by Mark Aldebaran (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    My cat can see in the dark, I can't.
    No, your cat can only see in the light, same as you.
    And it's not magic; retinas respond to photons of varying wavelengths.
    It's just that your cat's eyes go out to 1.8 microns (compared to 750 nanometers for human eyes), so longer wavelength light that is too dark for you (say 1000nm) would be visible light for your cat.
    On my planet we call it science.

From reading your responses, some things are becoming clearer. I now understand that the "Law" of Attraction is a personal "law" that only works when people with no concept of the scientific method correlate personal events (for instance, experience coincidences) and magically imbue causative attributes to the preceding event. And I have to do this myself, rather than take another's word for the correlation.

Please correct me if I've misunderstood this.
    That bald guy from the Secret movie apparently misunderstood, big time, as his current gig is that it's no use just "Attracting", you actually have to do some work as well.
    Thanks for that clarification about the cat...and I thought I was the only stickler for that kind of detail. Of course you are right.
    I was just using that analogy to show these things are a matter of degree.

But the same could be said about noticing LOA connections...
    which can be perceived in the simplest most mundane things, like pets playing, ot flowers coming into bloom.
    One has to be one's own personal scientist, setting out to convince one's own inner skeptic.

When telepathy occurs, or finding an object that one was in desperate need of, McGuyver style, anyone with a bit of honesty has to admit that this is unusual. If a person is just semi-awake that would make note of that.
    And if this personal link is observed on a regular basis, occuring in frequencies way beyond probabilities, then a sense of wonder should start to set in.
    I think the reason why this is so hard to understand is that not many people want to know things for personal reasons.
    They are not yet on a personal quest, they are too connected to the great mass, which they use to validate their existence.

When I started to learn astrology and could see all those correlations
    I was really bent on proving to the whole world that this stuff worked.

Why did I need to prove anything at all? And why then, and not any longer, at least not as desperately as then?

Because my conditioning was such that I felt that only if others could accept my claims would I feel validated as a person, or living being.

The urge to share my discoveries was enormous,
    but that urge is a feeling that can actually get in the way
    of a successful relationship with the miraculous functioning of the universe.
    Any emotions that come with self gratification and vanity are a massive hindrance.

Several years later I was still on my path, had a much smaller circle of friends,
    but was less ambitious, merely content that there were a few who "got" it.

Still there was always the danger of becoming cynical at the smallness of their number.
    Being a cynic means losing faith.
    And without some faith in humanity's ability to "see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears"
    what is the purpose of life?
    Who wants to be the only soul alive in a city of robots?

But just as it all seems hopeless something shifts.
    That inner work, that loneliness, that steadfastness in one's belief in higher truth did lead somewhere after all,
    and as it progresses more and more positive things started showing up,
    and not only in one's own life but also in other people's lives.

At the highest moments every substance, even stones, wood, walls, looks like it has an inner light, is glowing.
    That means one is becoming radiant, some call it codes in our DNA become activated.

Which is why I feel so grateful now, at least most of the time.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (4th August 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd August 2011), strevane (3rd August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

17. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member strevane's Avatar
    Thanks

What I learned recently is: "You are (or you get) what you think about most of the time."

This explains why I was a Major Depressive for many years, and why at this stage of my life satisfaction, optimism and even happiness are more the norm. The fact that the law of attraction is always in operation whether one acknowledges it or not, is why I was reaping the negativity I sowed mentally. Now that I have awareness of this, I am able to catch myself daily, before the old negative spirals take hold, and begin to forge thought patterns that take me in wanted directions. And it all started with the intense conscious desire for an "opportunity" to make positive changes in my life.
    The flight of freedom, or the "thud of compliance."

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strevane For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (4th August 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

19. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member strevane's Avatar
    Thanks

Kevin Trudeau is the guy who recently reintroduced me to the LOA, including that how one Feels is the guide to where one is on the attraction grid. Yeah, THEY have been using it very effectively for centuries, haven't they.

Thanks!
    The flight of freedom, or the "thud of compliance."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strevane For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (4th August 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd August 2011)

21. Link to Post #72
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

I wondered if you might find this interesting, or even useful. It is about the four enlightened activities and how the dark forces (Maras) can pervert them within us.

THE CONSTRUCTIVE WISDOMS = THE FOUR ACTIONS
    With the laws of attraction, you have to be aware that there are other laws as well, and that each one can be distorted by the ego! This is because our capacity is not strong enough yet.
    I'll try and keep this brief.

Along the fast path one develops all five wisdoms. A fully enlightened person will manifest them when a particular situation arises. These five wisdoms convert into the four karmas (actions). One of the wisdoms allows the others to take place.

The karmas/actions are PACIFYING, ENRICHING, MAGNETISING AND DESTROYING.
    Pacifying connects to mirror-like wisdom.
    Enriching connects to the wisdom of equality.
    Magnetising connects to discriminating wisdom.
    Destroying connects to all-accomplishing wisdom.
    The fifth wisdom of space allows the other four to operate.

The karma of pacifying accommodates everything. It reveals that there are no problems, and that aggression from the ego is unnecessary.

The karma of enriching brings to light the process of growth, and allows the process of knowledge.

The karma of magnetising bypasses the conventional reality. In conventional reality, we continually try to draw desired situations towards ourselves and fend off undesirable ones. A realised person simply remains as he or she is, without this ego intervention, attracting naturally.

The karma of destroying is connected to compassion, aimed at ego's manipulations.

THE DISTORTIONS OF EGO = THE FOUR MARAS.
    These four demonic activities are directed at building and fortifying our concept of 'self.'

The mara of pacifying appears as devaputra mara.
    It attempts to make peace by using pleasure and security, to eliminate what is unpleasant. It is an imitation of genuine pacifying, which is beyond any self-serving strategy ( … “there, there - it will be alright, trust me”).

The mara of enriching is skanda mara, the mara of accumulating.
    Ego takes the natural growth and turns it into its own ground. It takes the richness, and turns it into my wealth (… “see how clever I am”).

The mara of magnetising is klesha mara.
    One attempts to attract, to feed one's ego with what is desirable, based on the possessive emotions ( … “I enjoy praying for others” ).

The mara of destroying is Yama mara.
    Yama mara, instead of destroying what needs to be destroyed, obliterates everything. Trungpa Rinpoche wrote, “it begins to get inspired in the wrong way, and uproots the whole tree...And that is the karmic quality of destruction gone wild, unnecessarily” (… “you are talking total rubbish!”).

This reveals that reality is nothing other than wisdom. We need to look closely at the world we actually inhabit and to contemplate our most ordinary experiences. If we do so, if we let go of what we think and simply let the true being show itself, we will discover that it is nothing other than primordial immaculate wisdom.

Remember: the outer demons do not miss a trick! Any whiff of ego involvement and they will feed off it. And off we go round in circles, re-acting... “Feeding time!!”

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Lord Sidious (4th August 2011), Mark Aldebaran (4th August 2011), Tigressa (4th August 2011), zebowho (4th August 2011)

23. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

It certainly works.. everything I've been afraid of, happens... :D

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Solarsoul For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (4th August 2011)

25. Link to Post #74
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Quote Posted by Solarsoul (here)
    It certainly works.. everything I've been afraid of, happens... :D
    Dear Solarsoul,
    Can you say exactly what happens? Are you saying that your expectations get fulfilled?

Tony

26. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

The Nine Steps

Saint Germain teaches that the real purpose of alchemy is to change yourself, your nation, your planet. The nine steps below are taken from his book, Saint Germain on Alchemy, where you can discover more in-depth understanding of the spiritual science of precipitation.
    The Ascended Master Saint Germain

"We command in the name of the Lord—which man as a co-creator with God has the right to do—an alchemical precipitation of the gifts and graces of the Spirit that will endow the blessed son with the qualities of the Christ, thereby making him more capable as a spiritual alchemist and more integrated with the universal plan."
    — Saint Germain

Step 1: "Light is the alchemical key! The words, 'Let there be light!' are the first fiat of creation and the first step in your attempt to precipitate. Create a mind blueprint of the object you wish to produce. This should incorporate definite size, proportions, substance, density, color and quality in detailed picture form."

Step 2: "When the visualization of the blueprint within your mind is complete, it ought to be completely finished. The words 'It is finished!' are the second fiat of creation following 'Let there be light!' "

Step 3: "The third rule to protect your creative attempt is 'tell no man.' You are not closing the door to improvements on your plan but only sealing it against the intrusion of negative minds that could hinder your progress."

Step 4: "Give to your Higher Mind, or Christ Self, the responsibility for designing and perfecting the embryonic ideas and patterns of your creation. Use your Higher Mind as both your apprentice and your teacher, for your Higher Mind is active twenty-four hours of each day in expanded dimensions."

Step 5: "Determine where you wish the object to manifest after you have designed the mental matrix."

Step 6: "If you know the material substance of which it is a compound, memorize its atomic pattern. If not, call to the Divine Intelligence within your Higher Mind to register the pattern for you from the Universal Intelligence and impress it upon your memory body and your mind."

Step 7: "Call for light to take on the atomic pattern you are holding, to coalesce around that pattern, and then to 'densify' into form."

Step 8: "Call for the multiplication of this atomic structure until molecules of substance begin to fill the void occupying the space in which you desire the object to appear."

Step 9: "When the total outline is filled with the vibratory action of the fourth-dimensional substance representing the desired manifestation, ask for the full lowering of the atomic density into three-dimensional form and substance within the pattern established by the matrix of your mind."

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Lord Sidious (12th September 2011), Valley (22nd December 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4