+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Law of Attraction - Does it work?

1. Link to Post #21
    Russian Federation Avalon Member moonchild's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Law of Attraction - Does it work?

Quote Posted by skamandar (here)
    Works every time for me. And this is the most horrific thing in the world. I've spent the last couple of years being afraid to ask anything else but a beer and a meal per day.
    An advice - be careful with LOA!
    I had attracted some extremely ridiculous things, most of them if not all were ego driven. It ALWAYS comes with consequences...
    OMG....ITS LIKE YOU READ MY MIND!!! It's sometimes depressing to be scared to THINK of something you'd want...because of the consequences!!! Lol... Isnt the universe amazing?!
    'BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN' - moonchild

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moonchild For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st August 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (30th July 2011), Ontarioguy (31st July 2011), skamandar (30th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (31st July 2011), zebowho (31st July 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    England Avalon Member Shakespeare's Foot.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Does anybody know of a good website about the Law of Attraction? I'd be interested in learning a little but more (about the process, etc).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shakespeare's Foot. For This Post:

DoubleHelix (31st July 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I find this working quite well on finding information that you want to know more about or want to see the truth in matters.
    It's one of the places to look to see if you want something. Though at times it takes for the things to manifest as sometimes people need to "create" the answer for you to then come around catching again, unless you can yourself do the work to quicken the pace.

Slow but certain work.

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by Shakespeare's Foot. (here)
    Does anybody know of a good website about the Law of Attraction? I'd be interested in learning a little but more (about the process, etc).
    Hi,

This is a great question to ask. As far as I can tell, the term "Law of Attraction" was coined, or at least popularized in the film "The Secret". This film has been widely ridiculed by many in the "spiritual movement" because it focuses on material manifestation and "getting what you want" instead of high spiritual ideals such as service to others. I know several people who appeared in that film. What critics do not understand is that the film had a specific purpose, which was to wake up a certain "on the fence" demographic and start them adjusting their orientation just a little. It did that quite well. I also want to point out that the people who appear in that film are far from perfect, but that is not a reason to dismiss what they are saying.

After that, we saw tons of people in the self help and spiritual guidance fields jump on the "Law of Attraction" bandwagon because it did work to sell books. That's a testament to the impact of that film (though not necessarily it's accuracy). Some of these book and seminar folks sought to clarify and reframe some of the information in the film with the best of intentions.

Now as far as the process goes, it's a bit more complicated that just deciding what you want and wishing it into existence. The real process is about identifying what is inside of you or what it is about how you think or live your life that prevents you from having what you want. I'm always preaching that introspection and clearing yourself is the way and here I am doing it again. The "Law of Attraction" is not a cosmic wishbook catalog. It's about broadcating the kind of signals you'd like to see in the world, instead of being a victim. It's not new and it's not a secret. It is a very powerful way to live, but it is not easy. We have to go through a process of letting go of all of our hurts and old karmas. We have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and realize our power.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 30th July 2011 at 16:56.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Catsquotl (31st July 2011), DoubleHelix (31st July 2011), Hervé (31st July 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (30th July 2011), seko (30th July 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (30th July 2011), skamandar (30th July 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Quote Posted by afflicto (here)
    I'm simply wondering if anyone has had success using the LOA.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    Maybe due to your young age, you may have'nt had enough time to see it conciously at work, but give yourself some time and witness it.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (30th July 2011), seko (30th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (31st July 2011)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by DoubleHelix (here)
    There's an old saying that I like to use that tends to keeps my feet grounded "you make your own luck" - e.g. One cannot win the lottery if they don't buy a ticket.
    The Taoist belief is that you make a third of your own luck rather than all of it. The term "luck" has a deeper meaning in China and it refers to a kind of destiny and also alignment with the path of the universe. There is heavenly luck, earthly luck, and personal luck. Here is a great description of this idea.

http://www.fengshui.com.au/about/abo...es_of_luck.htm
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

DoubleHelix (31st July 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (30th July 2011), pickle (30th July 2011), seko (30th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (31st July 2011)

12. Link to Post #27
    England Avalon Member Shakespeare's Foot.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    Hi,

This is a great question to ask. As far as I can tell, the term "Law of Attraction" was coined, or at least popularized in the film "The Secret". This film has been widely ridiculed by many in the "spiritual movement" because it focuses on material manifestation and "getting what you want" instead of high spiritual ideals such as service to others. I know several people who appeared in that film. What critics do not understand is that the film had a specific purpose, which was to wake up a certain "on the fence" demographic and start them adjusting their orientation just a little. It did that quite well. I also want to point out that the people who appear in that film are far from perfect, but that is not a reason to dismiss what they are saying.

After that, we saw tons of people in the self help and spiritual guidance fields jump on the "Law of Attraction" bandwagon because it did work to sell books. That's a testament to the impact of that film (though not necessarily it's accuracy). Some of these book and seminar folks sought to clarify and reframe some of the information in the film with the best of intentions.

Now as far as the process goes, it's a bit more complicated that just deciding what you want and wishing it into existence. The real process is about identifying what is inside of you or what it is about how you think or live your life that prevents you from having what you want. I'm always preaching that introspection and clearing yourself is the way and here I am doing it again. The "Law of Attraction" is not a cosmic wishbook catalog. It's about broadcating the kind of signals you'd like to see in the world, instead of being a victim. It's not new and it's not a secret. It is a very powerful way to live, but it is not easy. We have to go through a process of letting go of all of our hurts and old karmas. We have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and realize our power.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi
    Excellent response. Thanks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shakespeare's Foot. For This Post:

Tane Mahuta (31st July 2011)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Another key point, thanks Viking.
    In sales training, they teach people this process of visualisation, without telling them what it is about.
    Usually, it is about ''things'' like cars, houses and the likes.
    So, they tell you to figure out what it is that you want most, then put pics of it all over the house so you see it and focus on it with the maximum effect.
    Yes spot on Sidious...this works very well...you pick up the images subliminally which seeps into your subconscious thus creating reality>>>>

You can now how the images presented daily through the mainstream TV...magazines...newspapers...controlour lives and steer us towards>>>>>>>>>

If you know the rules....BANG! GOTCHA...!

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (30th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (31st July 2011)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

It works. The only condition is that you start practicing it. If not, no results.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

DoubleHelix (31st July 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Holly Lindin (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (30th July 2011), seko (30th July 2011), Tane Mahuta (31st July 2011)

18. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    In sales training, they teach people this process of visualisation, without telling them what it is about.
    I did a management development course at the Australian School of Business Management, and I was quite interested to see how important "Vision" and "Visualisation" was in all of the leadership themes. So much so, after the course was done, I asked the professor (who designed the course) privately if he had any experience outside of academia, with the universal laws, manifestation and the like and he would not be drawn, except for that damned "twinkle" he got in his eye I think Bill Ryan would have called that a "knowing look". Quite infuriating but, hey, he didnt want to be drawn and I think I got my answer - lol

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Lord Sidious (30th July 2011)

20. Link to Post #31
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

G'day Aflicto,

You're getting some great advice on this thread!

My offering, which in part repeats what others have said, would be to avoid manifesting from the ego. This is what so many of us do when first dabbling with the LOA, like "Can I please win the lottery, because I really am a good person, and I deserve it as reward for going to yoga three times a week", or something like that. If most people who wish for more money were honest with themselves, they'd have to admit that their desires are egoistically motivated, and that the soup kitchen they promise to open with the proceeds of their lottery win is of secondary importance to selfish desire. I have been there, done that, and it does not make for happiness. Personal peril may await down this path!

Also, if you wish to use the LOA, you need to be careful with not only what you are wishing for, but how you wish for it. A poor person will know nothing but poverty, if all they can think about is their poverty stricken state. To attract wealth into your life (and not just fiscal wealth either), you must adopt a wealthy state of mind; become the person you imagine you would be, as if your wish had already been granted. Give thanks for all the riches in your life, while you are still penniless. Give thanks for your prayers or admonitions having been answered, without ever needing to make the initial request! This is powerful, and it works! But again, be careful.

If you wish to use the LOA for your benefit, and I hope, more importantly, for the benefit of others, then a state of gratitude is of immense assistance. Before you go looking for more, be grateful for what you already have; right down to a hot shower, or a meal, or the very air that you breath; and I am talking about being grateful in a very real way here; from the heart, not just momentary acknowledgement of your "doing alright".

Best Wishes.

21. Link to Post #32
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 times in 306 posts

I'm simply wondering if anyone has had success using the LOA.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    I'm actually reading the book right now. Interestingly, the point they make that it is at work even if you think its not is very apt. A careful analysis of your own experience is probably the best proof you'll have, much better than anyone else's claims because its about you, your experience. Look at any really "negative" event in your life. Look at how you may have drawn that to yourself. I find it easier to see things that way, since as humans in the current world we are largely learning by the 'what we DON'T want' to get to define what we do want. Another aspect of the principle.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemesia For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011)

23. Link to Post #33
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 times in 306 posts

Hi,

This is a great question to ask. As far as I can tell, the term "Law of Attraction" was coined, or at least popularized in the film "The Secret".
    Hm. Perhaps.

My experience was that I'd heard it referred to by David Wilcock regularly, but sort of knew it intuitively. I was at a local thrift store and found it in the Spirituality section, and its been sitting on my self for awhile now. About a week ago it was clear to me it was time to read it. It is by Bill and Esther Hicks and is called "The Law of Attraction", a channelled work from an entity calling itself "Abraham". I didn't read the beginning part of the book about the source and channelling, but I'm presuming its the entity Abraham referred to in the Bible. Do correct me if I'm wrong, anyone else who's read it.

The point is, its not 'coined' by any human on Earth. Its a Universal Principle, and one most of us have not been taught or made aware of formally, but have functioning in our lives regardless of our awareness of it. Western culture has certainly done its part to make things seem 'convenient' and encourage sloppy, errant, thought, which is at the core of much of the unpleasantries we find ourselves manifesting. Understanding the law(s) and how they work allow one to manifest creatively and with what Castaneda would call "the force of the will and unbending intent", drawing into oneself useful, joyous, loving experiences of abundance. By contrast, allowing 'whatever' to pop into one's consciousness and perseverate or endlessly permutate itself into contemplations of difficult scenarios likewise draws in experience, but not always the kind one wants. The power of emotion attached to thought is the magnet, the electricity that drives that magnetic attractor. Whatever you focus on, be it 'really want' or 'really don't want', it arrives, full force.

The higher in consciousness one goes, the more refined the energies of attraction, and hence the need for greater self-authority and restraint or discipline, to curtail the random thought forms wandering by one's awareness field and maintain a tidy mental platform to ensure optimal manifestation of one's dharmic path.

Of course, when those funky experiences come, the key is to honor them, accept one's responsibility in allowing them/creating them into one's reperatoire of knowledge based on life experience, and use them as tools for further growth. As the popular metaphysical bumper sticker says, "Oh no, not another LEARNING experience!" So it goes for we humans who are growing up and out of the cesspit these days. Find the garden of Earthly delights instead....

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artemesia For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (31st July 2011), Shakespeare's Foot. (31st July 2011)

25. Link to Post #34
    Norway Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

So.. what you're saying is that I deserve to be in this position, and I only attract stuff that I can use to help other people... well how the **** can I help other people in this situation?
    I help people on a regular basis. I make free tutorials on youtube, completely free.. I use hours and hours of work to help people do what they want to do.
    I help people with computers.. I'm in fact helping a friend of mine to buy computer parts for a new computer he's building.
    And I'm probably gonna build it for him too.

I need a freakin stable life, so I can relax and work on myself.
    now it's my ****ING turn to be relaxed and feel some joy and love.
    I'm SICK of this.

Sorry for the rage.

26. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member Siberia9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 times in 351 posts

Awhile back someone Id just met loaned me a course in LOA that Kevin Trudeau had put together. I had actually learned about LOA when I was young but pushed it off as BS. Later when I had a NDE I realized what a hologram we are living in and changed my mind about it and became more open to it. Mostly because it seemed to me that in the next world, the real world, that everything is more permanent, unlike here were everything is temporary and only in use during the exercise. So after reading some and watching those LOA videos that are around I didnt really conect with it to well but the one Trudeau put together was very good at explaining the mechanics of it all. For example he said that as soon as you ask how you are going to get what you want it stops the train from coming as asking how is a negative, so I guess asking for proof will turn it off for you to. He was also saying that birds fly because the law of lift is superior to the law of gravity, just in the way the law of attraction is superior to all other physical laws. As well as how our thoughts are as real as any radio station. However Kevin is a business man and wants to sell you on joining his little LOA pyramid scam cult thing called Global Information Network. You know kind of an Amway happy happy aint it great to be one of us deals. His web site seems to have an enormos amount of info on health, business, LOA, how to abtain inside bank loans and passports and how to use LOA to get yachts and private jets etc. Its also very exspensive to join, I think its like a $150.00 bucks a month, Im not feeling it myself but the guy that gave me the CD course (its called Your Wish Is Your Camand) gave me an invite code if anyone wants to join, its PaulBlair and you have to have it. I would caution that Kevin is a 33rd deg Freemason and a member of The Brotherhood but not a bloodline member of any of the elite familys. He claims he and his Illuminati pals are here to help everyone, here is where the alarm bells start to ring for me, I dont trust any of these guys and these sales cults kinda creep me out but if you can get your hands on the LOA cd set without joining I recomend it its a good one.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Siberia9 For This Post:

Swanette (1st August 2011)

28. Link to Post #36
    Australia Avalon Member DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 times in 438 posts

Quote Posted by DoubleHelix (here)
    There's an old saying that I like to use that tends to keeps my feet grounded "you make your own luck" - e.g. One cannot win the lottery if they don't buy a ticket.
    The Taoist belief is that you make a third of your own luck rather than all of it. The term "luck" has a deeper meaning in China and it refers to a kind of destiny and also alignment with the path of the universe. There is heavenly luck, earthly luck, and personal luck. Here is a great description of this idea.

http://www.fengshui.com.au/about/abo...es_of_luck.htm
    Hey whiskey Mystic thanks for the link, it makes for an interesting read.

Although I don't resonate completely with the Taoist beliefs some of the aspects do appeal to me. I think when one is living in harmony with mother earth, their higher self or better yet both, then one flows along a path of least resistance where synchronistic events manifest with ease.

I found that when I traveled by myself to a country I had never been to before that I started to have an incredible amount of synchronicity taking place all around me. It seemed as if I was in the right place at the right time and meeting the right people, everything worked out better than I could of hoped for. There's a sense of comfort and guidance in placing myself in situations where there's a high degree of uncertainty, as if something out there has got my back.

The big question is, who or what is responsible for such an influence... Our higher self ? Our soul family/guides ? God ? Or a combination of a/b/c?

29. Link to Post #37
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

So.. what you're saying is that I deserve to be in this position, and I only attract stuff that I can use to help other people... well how the **** can I help other people in this situation?
    I help people on a regular basis. I make free tutorials on youtube, completely free.. I use hours and hours of work to help people do what they want to do.
    I help people with computers.. I'm in fact helping a friend of mine to buy computer parts for a new computer he's building.

I'm SICK of this.

Sorry for the rage.
    You know that rage you feel?
    That is your undoing. That attracts even more negativity to you.
    Have you heard of the rule of three?
    Whatever you put out comes back to you three times over.
    Form your hand into a ''pistol'' type shape and look, one finger pointing out, three pointing back at you.
    That rage comes back as more negativity.
    You MUST let it go, or it will generate a whole load of crap for you.

30. Link to Post #38
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

works for me - I got free car and wii

although the technique I used was a bit different and utilized 2 peoples vibrations and emotional states - but it worked rather well. This is reminding me to use it more
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 times in 642 posts

I'm SICK of this.

Sorry for the rage.

Did you ever try asking? If you need, you are in a constant state of need. That's what you attract - a state of need. Also is there a tiny part of you that doesn't feel worthy?

Don't mean to be rude with that. It's true. Attraction is literal - it works word for word.

But wow, can I totally relate to where you are coming from. Giving from the heart until it hurts, not enough $ to support it. I think you are talking about money at least to some extent. Unfortunately currency is controlled and has lost the ability to be used as a means of give-and-take. Money (as in something that can be used for give-and-take) will come if you produce something that expresses in a material way the living creative force. That's the new energy coming in. You will receive support $ when you create a product from all the information you have. Giving away the information then becomes 'something you do because you want to' as does helping with computers too.

You're almost there. Your own person, with a stable support from your own creation(s). Not answering to a system or a boss or anyone you don't want to. Good on you!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TWINCANS For This Post:

Lord Sidious (31st July 2011), Tane Mahuta (31st July 2011)

33. Link to Post #40
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 times in 726 posts

Here are some links on uTube if you haven't already seen them.

They pertain to Esther & Jerry Hicks.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RTb6mKAwftA

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lmRep...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mu3j1...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sb749...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gdXyE...eature=related

TM
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Tane Mahuta For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast