Thread: * * * Safely Avoid and Remove Dangerous Man-Made Fluoride * * *

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Default Re: * * * Safely Avoid and Remove Dangerous Man-Made Fluoride * * *

Quote Posted by xbusymom (here)
    I did some research on this awhile back and found at least one source that said NOT to boil water to sterilize because that only concentrates the flouride in the water... since you are essentially evaporating the water out of the pan and leaving the other chemicals...
    That is correct.

A distiller works by boiling water, but there is a subtle and significant difference. A distiller essentially removes the water from the impurities - but the clever part, is that it condenses the "removed" water vapour back into water into a seperate jug, and you collect the condensate which is essential pure water (+ unfortunately whatever other volatile chemicals evaporated within an approximate range of the boiling point of water - usually not much of an issue in the scenarios we are dealing with).

What is left in the boiler, can be truly horrible and smelly - as I pointed out above.

However, simply Boiling water does have an important place in your armoury of techniques to render unsafe water safe to drink as it kills biological pathogens. It is of no use against dissolved impurities that dont evaporate before the water does. I beleive you need to keep the water at a rolling boil for 10 minutes.

Also be aware that altitude and air pressure affects the boiling point of water. Methods that work well near sea level, may need adjustment if you are say a few thousand feet above sea level, you might need to boil water for a bit longer etc.

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

2. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

People have expressed interest in the distiller I use.

I got a lot of info from this site http://www.waterdistillersaustralia.com.au/

And this eventually led me to http://www.juicersaustralia.com.au/d...istiller.shtml and the model I have is an earlier model of what is on sale now.

There is a model available that uses a glass collector jug.

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

3. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

* * * Sudden Mass Awakening - Breaking News * * *

4. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

I saw what appears to be a decent RO filtering system on EBay for $120. I found one similar to it but the folks selling it want $300! Similar looking system. 5 stage filter. I'm thinking about purchasing it very soon. I'm a bit worried about how to hook it up but otherwise, it's a good starting point as I want to eliminate my use of disposable water bottles and drink water that has fluoride filtered out.

5. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Humble Janitor (here)
    Is there a website/source that will tell you if your local water supply has fluoride added? Just wondering.

I was advised against taking iodine although I have a problematic thyroid and I take levothyroxin for it. It does work but I wonder if there's a better method? The doctor I go to seems kind of old fashioned and ignorant (Eat cheerios and skim milk everyday!). I did put him in his place because he was bitching me out for not eating better/exercising more and when we got back the results of my blood test, he said "well, you can't lose weight if your thyroid isn't working!" I mean, duh, he put me on the same medicine over a year ago and just plays dumb so he can chew me out here.

I hope I haven't gone off topic but I think most modern doctors are full of ****.
    My humble friend, your doctor is a quack. The thyroid gland CRAVES iodine, not a pharmaceutical drug. Find a naturopath and get some natural, compounded thyroid supplements.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Connecting with Sauce (29th June 2012)

7. Link to Post #26
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

anyone have any arguments for or against propur water with fluoride filters vs. the berkey system?

8. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,977 times in 5,652 posts

Thanks for the great info on flouride.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

CeltMan (9th August 2012)

10. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Water distillers for me, make it as I go, no constantly replacing filters that accumulate gunk, and eventually create more crud then they filter, bought this unit for $139.00 good enough for one person maybe two, I just clean it with a pinch of the stuff that came with it while the water is still hot, and add a lil water to cover the bottom and I'm good to go... will last for a couple hundred 'boils'... and coconut charcoal filter catch vocs... absolutely love it...

http://wholesalewaterdistillers.com/...er-distillers/

See water of life... #56 thanks to Christine le Tigre for showing me this site...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2