+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Case Against Drinking 6-8 Glasses of Water a Day

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Default The Case Against Drinking 6-8 Glasses of Water a Day

FYI:
    Quote Dr. Margaret McCartney, a general practitioner from Scotland, says that the common health advice that you should drink six to eight cups of water each day is “thoroughly debunked nonsense”. She argues that it is propagated by bottled water companies out to make a profit.

In a commentary, McCartney quoted experts who say that drinking too much water can cause hyponatremia (low sodium levels in the blood).

According to the Los Angeles Times:

“Experts were quick to pounce on the commentary as being misleading ... The answer isn’t cut and dry, says an article by the Mayo Clinic, and depends on your exercise level, health conditions and the heat and humidity of your environment. In general, the Institute of Medicine recommends about nine cups of beverages for women and 13 cups for men ... Most people do well to drink when they’re thirsty.”
    source
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...0801_DNL_art_1

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

aranuk (2nd August 2011), Maia Gabrial (1st August 2011), Marsila (2nd August 2011), Realeyes (1st August 2011), Ria (1st August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    New Zealand Avalon Member etheric underground's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,919 times in 540 posts

Default Re: The Case Against Drinking 6-8 Glasses of Water a Day

Hey KT,
    For any one who is querying this article, here
    is a chart to know whether you are dehydrated or not.
    I sometimes forget to drink all day and still find that my
    wee is only showing slight dehydration.
    Attached Images  

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to etheric underground For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd August 2011), ktlight (2nd August 2011), Marsila (2nd August 2011), nearing (2nd August 2011), RMorgan (2nd August 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I have this cool system worked out: I only drink when i feel thirsty. Thats when i drink, it works well for me
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd August 2011), Tane Mahuta (2nd August 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Koyaanisqatsi (here)
    I have this cool system worked out: I only drink when i feel thirsty. Thats when i drink, it works well for me
    That doesn't work with heat exhaustion all the time, by the time you feel thirsty, it is already too late.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,209 times in 1,064 posts

Won't work for you when you get to be an elder. They lose their thirst sensation and walk around severely dehydrated all of the time which leads to all kinds of problems especially for the kidneys.

And to the OP, the fact that we need to drink more water came long before the bottled water companies were around. 6-8 cups of water a day will not lead to hyponatremia if one is healthy and eats a mineral rich diet (or supplements). And it is much better for your organs to be well hydrated.
    "In science, I discovered, you cannot find the Truth."
    --Marcel Messing (during an interview with Bill Ryan)

We demand Tesla technology

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nearing For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd August 2011), Marsila (2nd August 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

This does depend on the individual and where they are living. Because of work i have to travel between two countries with extremely different climates, naturally i find i'm always thirsty in a desert country than in one covered with trees, and of a colder climate.

many people drink filtered tap water to, so not sure about the bottle companies, but that again depends on which part of the world it is.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd August 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

This is too funny! Now, if you are drinking water poisoned by floride, one glass may be too much for your health. What's most interesting is that as our bodies shift and change from carbon to crystalline, it is necessary to drink a ton of water. What's happening is that we are able to activate our own DNA and get all the 12 strands up and running right now, it's part of the ascension process. We need to grease the skids, I call it, for things to properly evolve within our own bodies. So the LA Times to tell folks and some like me, who have pure mountain water untainted by government, not to drink it at this particularly crucial stage in our development ~ could prove to be harmful.

I was born in Los Angeles but never tasted much water after Pepsi was invented. It took me about fifty years to break the habit. Since so many chemicals were put into the water, this may have been a saving grace or not. It's all water under the bridge now. I would suggest to everyone reading this that water is super important right now. Find a good source and always bless it ~ Dr. Emoto proved this has nothing to do with religion but the effects of blessings that actually change the very structure of water and render it magical to our bodies. Right now with all the great changes, we need to have all the help we can muster for our bodies. This honors them and greatly assists us. Much love! xoxoxoxo
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd August 2011), Marsila (2nd August 2011), nearing (2nd August 2011), Ontarioguy (2nd August 2011), Tane Mahuta (2nd August 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

That's a reliable method for sure, but how accurate? They say by the time you get thirsty, you are already 2-4 % dehydrated which already impairs many systems in the body including strength. Read that from a fitness magazine about 8 years ago - maybe thngs have changed .. hehe which if so is interesting in itself.

haha! funny that there is a chart .. I have always attempted to maintain a l light of urine as possible - and use that as the measurement for hydration. Never had a chart though .. Till Now! lol -Thanks Etheric!
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

nearing (2nd August 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    That doesn't work with heat exhaustion all the time, by the time you feel thirsty, it is already too late.
    Very true, living in the desert i know this full-well. But still, drink when your body tells you to is my strategy, and yes, watch your pee.
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), Marsila (2nd August 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Darla Ken Jensen Pearce (here)
    This is too funny! Now, if you are drinking water poisoned by floride, one glass may be too much for your health. What's most interesting is that as our bodies shift and change from carbon to crystalline, it is necessary to drink a ton of water. What's happening is that we are able to activate our own DNA and get all the 12 strands up and running right now, it's part of the ascension process. We need to grease the skids, I call it, for things to properly evolve within our own bodies. So the LA Times to tell folks and some like me, who have pure mountain water untainted by government, not to drink it at this particularly crucial stage in our development ~ could prove to be harmful.

I was born in Los Angeles but never tasted much water after Pepsi was invented. It took me about fifty years to break the habit. Since so many chemicals were put into the water, this may have been a saving grace or not. It's all water under the bridge now. I would suggest to everyone reading this that water is super important right now. Find a good source and always bless it ~ Dr. Emoto proved this has nothing to do with religion but the effects of blessings that actually change the very structure of water and render it magical to our bodies. Right now with all the great changes, we need to have all the help we can muster for our bodies. This honors them and greatly assists us. Much love! xoxoxoxo
    Well if you drank Pepsi for 50 years and you're still here...... I been "blessing" my dairy to help reduce radiation and doing the same to meat, focus on antibiotics and growth hormone. I have no idea why but im certain it works/is working

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd August 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Very true, living in the desert i know this full-well. But still, drink when your body tells you to is my strategy, and yes, watch your pee.
    Especially for children, they can not feel their need, if you give them enough water, they will be out of the colored, gasofinaided liquids

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

There is a book (several) out on this very topic. "You are not sick, you are hungry" by Dr. Batmanghelidj. I liked it because he explained how, in Iran, in healed hundreds of people with ulcers with just water. I use this strategy myself (as I have one).

Automatically drinking lots of water isn't an answer. He prescribes a certain amount of water at certain times. So it is a form of treatment, in this situation.

I don't tell everyone they need to drink water,....just the ones that do (and I recommend the book, which is well documented on the net....so no need to necessary buy it).

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EileenCookies For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd August 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd August 2011), Tane Mahuta (2nd August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread