+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnetic therapy

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Magnetic therapy

I have read a lot on magnetic therapy and find that after a while the subject fizzles out as if it doesn't work or the person lost interest. I think it's a very real treatment. Here's why:

I bought a couple of 'devices' at holistic shows and soon found that the magnets inside these devises were almost powerless. Cheap magnets to make a buck easier. Not a very holistic approach. So I started to research 'real' magnets and eventually bought an industrial strength magnet that was so strong, it came with a warning.
    I have trouble with my elbow, have since I was a kid and broke it, then broke it again in karate class. I put the magnet inside a sleeve and wore it a couple of days. My elbow feels 1000% better and whenever the arthritis in it kicks up, I just wear the magnet for a couple of days and it quits hurting for months.
    Example 2. I'm 64 years old so, you know by this time I have back trouble. It's manageable so far but one time I tried to move something too heavy and hurt my back really bad. Like, thinking of surgery bad. After I realized it won't 'go away' as many muscle strains do after a while and a bit of care, I had my Wife tape the magnet to my back, right over the bad spot. Like magic, my back began to feel better and I was back to my old self within a week. Still have the bulging disks from being old and overweight but I can function satisfactorily.
    My point is, if you are interested in magnetic therapy, don't get fooled by these useless trinkets they sell, get yourself an industrial strength magnet and experience some real results.
    Anyone care to tell their story or discuss magnet therapy???

Menkaure

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Menkaure For This Post:

Camilo (1st August 2011), jsb_swampfox (1st August 2011), RMorgan (1st August 2011), Russ1959 (16th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Default Re: Magnetic therapy

I know it works, as I've tried it myself as well, but mostly to release emotional blockages, which will reflect on your general health as they are released that way. Dr. Bradley Nelson has a book on it, which I highly recommend (google it).

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Camilo (here)
    I know it works, as I've tried it myself as well, but mostly to release emotional blockages, which will reflect on your general health as they are released that way. Dr. Bradley Nelson has a book on it, which I highly recommend (google it).
    From memory....The Emotion Code?

I studied magnet therapy for a long time. A documentary finally convinced me that the Earth's magnetic energy was dissipating and that I needed a magnetic mattress pad. I paid a forture for it. The magnets are very strong and heavy, the total weight of the pad is 400 lbs. Have not used it long enough to notice any change.

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Mystique's Avatar
    Thanks

I have made and sold magnetic jewelry at Fairs and Festivals for the last 6 years and have had numerous testimonies from customers of incredible results.

I started the business because I had chronic lower back pain that made it difficult to get in and out of bed. I made several bracelets and wore them on each wrist and within 20 minutes the pain went away. I tested in three more times with same results and haven't had that pain since.

I had a gal who suffered from migraine headaches for many years and hadn't had a day without severe pain. I had her try on a necklace and walk around and come back and she had no pain for the first time in years. Another gal was very heavy set and used a walker to get around. She was on many pain medications. She bought a bracelet and reported back a few weeks later that she was walking around better, and was off all her pain meds. I could go on and on about what customers have reported as almost instant results.

Dr. Kyoichi Nadagawa, one of the world's most foremost authorities on magnetism, claims that the continuing degrading of the earth's magnetic field, combined with man's electronic environment, is responsible for what he calls "Magnetic Deficiency Syndrome." Symptoms include: stiffness in the shoulder, back and neck pain, uncertain lower back pain, chest pains for no reason, habitual headaches and heaviness of the head, dizziness and general fatigue.

Living cells are electrical in nature based on the direct current (DC). Though there are many theories about why magnetic therapy works, the research that makes sense to me states that when blood molecules pass through a magnetic field the molecules "jiggle" releasing impulses of energy and the molecules line up much like iron filings under a magnet. This allows the blood to move through the body faster which delivers nutrients to the cells and relieving waste quicker, and reducing inflammation -the cause of pain.

I don't know if that is why it works, I just know that it does. I would have to say though, that in my experience about 15-20% of the people claim incredible results, 70-75% moderate results, and 15-20% claim they don't notice the difference. I think it depends on a number of variables like bone density, strength of magnet, placement of magnet, close proximity of magnet to the skin, whether it is uni-polar or bi-polar magnet, thickness of skin, weight, etc..

A few people are too sensitive to the magnetic energy and don't like the feel.

It is important to remember that they are magnets and can interfere with electronics, credit cards and pace makers if placed too close. Also, it is not advised to wear magnetic jewelry if pregnant, and to not wear around stomach area 90 minutes before or after eating.

Thanks for bringing up the topic. It is one of my passions.
    "The Light of my Truth is my Sword."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mystique For This Post:

kevlor (4th August 2011), Tigressa (2nd August 2011)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Menkaure (here)
    I have read a lot on magnetic therapy and find that after a while the subject fizzles out as if it doesn't work or the person lost interest. I think it's a very real treatment. Here's why:

I bought a couple of 'devices' at holistic shows and soon found that the magnets inside these devises were almost powerless. Cheap magnets to make a buck easier. Not a very holistic approach. So I started to research 'real' magnets and eventually bought an industrial strength magnet that was so strong, it came with a warning.
    I have trouble with my elbow, have since I was a kid and broke it, then broke it again in karate class. I put the magnet inside a sleeve and wore it a couple of days. My elbow feels 1000% better and whenever the arthritis in it kicks up, I just wear the magnet for a couple of days and it quits hurting for months.
    Example 2. I'm 64 years old so, you know by this time I have back trouble. It's manageable so far but one time I tried to move something too heavy and hurt my back really bad. Like, thinking of surgery bad. After I realized it won't 'go away' as many muscle strains do after a while and a bit of care, I had my Wife tape the magnet to my back, right over the bad spot. Like magic, my back began to feel better and I was back to my old self within a week. Still have the bulging disks from being old and overweight but I can function satisfactorily.
    My point is, if you are interested in magnetic therapy, don't get fooled by these useless trinkets they sell, get yourself an industrial strength magnet and experience some real results.
    Anyone care to tell their story or discuss magnet therapy???

Menkaure

Thank you Menkaure for the advise I have been thinking about buying a magnetic bracelet from a stall in Town. I will defiantly do my homework on the subject before I invest in one
    " My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am "

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 times in 274 posts

From what I understand, if you subject your body to the magnets for too long it isn't healthy. The logic behind it seemed sound. Along the lines of the fact we are electromagnetic beings and in small doses, magnetics can be beneficial but prolonged use puts our stasis out of whack. (Imagine subjecting yourself to too much electricity....) Like anything, moderation seems to be key.
    Blessings, Kristo

9. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Accupunturist use small magnets on accuptuncture points regularly. Our local famous herbalist accupuncturist Michael Tierra uses the large industrial strength ones for cancer tumors in people's brains. I used a magnetic machine made by Dr. Bob Beck every time my own body starts to have cancer signs.
    I love to learn more.

10. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Quote Accupunturist use small magnets on accuptuncture points regularly
    a magnetic field is yin in nature and can help to restore proper flow of chi in the meridians. if you have blockages in your field, it can help when used skillfully.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

11. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

I have successfully used magnets for years for pain. The first time I used them was with chronic pain in my wrist, hand and thumb so sever that I was in a custom orthopedic cast for 7 years which immobilized my arm, hand, and fingers from the elbow down. I escaped from this device by using a stretchy golf glove with magnets sewn in. The only problem was that the pain came back with a vengeance within 10 minutes of removing the magnets. The eventual permanent cure was acupuncture bi-weekly for 2 years. Since then I use magnets taped to myself when I have back pain or pain in other areas. You need to have the NORTH side against the skin you wish to cool, contract and shrink something. You can use the SOUTH side against the body if you would like to warm and expand the area.

12. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

"the book of magnetic energy" by roger coghill, was my introduction to the benefits of magnets.

over the last ten years we have consistently used magnetic devises with :-

aqumagnetic cups on the meridian points of your body (replacing needles) for all acupuncture treatments. (which we taught ourselves)
    drinking magnetic water on a daily basis to prevent/elimate problems like gout. and to increase the effectivness of medicines.
    magnets on the house water supply to soften the water, prevent corosion/rust in the pipes, and make the water more drinkable.
    magnets on the gardens dam water supply to get expected/known healthier and better growth in plants.
    magnets on the bore garden water supply to reduce the salt and disolved minerals from burning the plants.
    magnets on the fuel delivery lines of our cars, diesel and petrol, for better fuel economy.
    magnets on the air intake of the above cars for similar fuel economy benefits.
    magnets on the oil filters to capture any iron filings as your motors age.

the above book by roger coghill explains how electricity and magnetic fields are always present together, and todays world is a minefield of problems caused by the use of electricity in just about everything we do. i cant recommend to highly that anybody interested in their health, do read up on the subject ... kev

+ Reply to Thread