Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast

Thread: The Out of Body Experience

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Default Re: The Out of Body Experience

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    "It's an awesome feeling of inner peace and happiness...."

Anyone who has not done so should check out the "Awesome OOBE" thread in the spirituality forum.

Just a suggestion. Takes the edge off the fear portion of the program.
    Yes!!! I love this guy,,, how many times have YOU felt like this??????????????? (I mean YOU in general) What an inspiring vid...
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...984#post291984
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake For This Post:

PurpleLama (24th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #82
    Macedonia Avalon Member Orion.V's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello guys !
    I just wanted to share something and ask away a question that someone might be able to give an answer.

About my personal astral experiences you can check this thread : https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-astral-travel.

About my question : It seems that many times when i get back into my body after an OBE i can still catch that glimpse of the previous dimension where i have been. It usually lasts about 30 seconds i think. The most fascinating of all is when i see strange cryptic symbols allover in the ether around me. What do they mean ? Where do they came from ? What am i actually looking at ?

Once i even had a very scary experience that freaked the hell out of me, where i saw an entity. As i was coming back and finally opened my eyes i saw someone kneeling before my bed and myself, observing me. I could not see what this person looked like because it was dark and the person was wearing some black robes and a hood, something like that.

Few seconds passed before this person or entity started to move away and disappeared from my sight. I remember i could not sleep for a few nights after that.

Feel free to comment.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orion.V For This Post:

Fred Steeves (24th August 2011), Jake (24th August 2011), misericordia (6th December 2011), Rich (20th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #83
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    So Fred, do you remember the FEELING of slipping out. How big you actually are? That weird buzz, the rush, like silk on skin, but through the entire body...

The feeling of being free of the pressures of the body, the sheer limits of the body and it's aches, pains, emotions, cranial wiring limits, etc..all being lifted?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=R5zVbzWgByk
    Damn good questions Carmody! Thank you! More things to keep in "mind" to notice, just like things Jake has pointed out. I'm very grateful to people here who have so much experience and wisdom to share in such matters.

Yes, I full well remember the feeling of slipping out, it's both quite bizarro world, and yet strangely natural. I believe my physical size stays about the same. The oddest thing is the entire bodily sensation when the "time" is right. The closest I could put it would be it vibrates like a tuning fork.

The rest of your descriptions sound right on the money, but I look forward to pondering them in real time, just like with Jake's suggestion to notice and remember.

That reminds me now, when the first wave of this started several months ago, I would awaken suddenly shivering with cold sweats. That was back when I first got here and didn't know who to ask just WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?LOL. So, to anybody, is that part of starting the normal progression? Is there some sort of physiological shock at first?

Cheers,
    Fred

BTW, loved the video. Didn't understand a lick of it, but it was surely entertaining.

6. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Orion.V, I recommend a book titled Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. I think it will answer your questions and then some.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solphilos For This Post:

Orion.V (24th August 2011), Rich (24th May 2019)

8. Link to Post #85
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

ok, for the meat of the thread. I also experience travelling of sorts, but what I first experience is an expansion, then a very intense sensation of movement, like falling or flying. My sense of self expands as well, into a much larger 'me'. Like, maybe, 15 feet tall larger. And from there I can do it again and again. I wind up with a height relative to the sun where the planet is about the size of a grapefruit. I've not seen any contributions along these lines and was hesitant to mix it up, but I watched the awesome oobe video again and it left me so cheerful, I said "what the heck."

9. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Fred S. (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    So Fred, do you remember the FEELING of slipping out. How big you actually are? That weird buzz, the rush, like silk on skin, but through the entire body...

The feeling of being free of the pressures of the body, the sheer limits of the body and it's aches, pains, emotions, cranial wiring limits, etc..all being lifted?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=R5zVbzWgByk
    Damn good questions Carmody! Thank you! More things to keep in "mind" to notice, just like things Jake has pointed out. I'm very grateful to people here who have so much experience and wisdom to share in such matters.

Yes, I full well remember the feeling of slipping out, it's both quite bizarro world, and yet strangely natural. I believe my physical size stays about the same. The oddest thing is the entire bodily sensation when the "time" is right. The closest I could put it would be it vibrates like a tuning fork.

The rest of your descriptions sound right on the money, but I look forward to pondering them in real time, just like with Jake's suggestion to notice and remember.

That reminds me now, when the first wave of this started several months ago, I would awaken suddenly shivering with cold sweats. That was back when I first got here and didn't know who to ask just WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?LOL. So, to anybody, is that part of starting the normal progression? Is there some sort of physiological shock at first?

Cheers,
    Fred

BTW, loved the video. Didn't understand a lick of it, but it was surely entertaining.
    Yes indeedy there is a physiological shock. Huge, in fact.

The body cannot exist as a functional item without the spirit or occupying being. The being that is locked to that vibrational pattern,that lower harmonic that is the body of choice. But the being, the higher vibration being that is occupying the body..that being can survive without the body, and does. It was here before and it will be here after.

so the body is literally, on the deepest level possible frightened to and at the absolute limits of it's wits. Initially, that is. We can get past that by not alarming it. Slowly working our way to quiet understanding, taming the body's fears.

Thus my saying of it being a world, a reality of: 'rubber buggy baby bumpers'.

See the books of Newton:

http://www.near-death.com/newton.html

And the body reflects our fears, into the spirit and the spirit, which is locked to the body, can manifest those fears. So we can get things manifesting in our lives. visions of things that the body fears. We shape them into realities. The golem. And even more. all this reality around you is a consensus shape and form, maintained by the ego function, our body function as reflected by our spirit, which is the real source of this localized collective reality and localized condition. Thus this comment from David Icke about reptilians:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

In Children of the Matrix, Icke writes that, that if the reptilians did not exist, we would have to invent them. "In fact," he says, "we probably have. They are other levels of ourselves putting ourselves in our face."

Eventually all this leads to the clearing of our fears. The dismissal of the bogey men. Dismissal of the things that go bump in the night.

Things can 'get you' yes. However, from this space, our bodies can reflect back into our spirit and our spirit can manifest a dream, or a nightmare.... for us. Tame the fears and the nightmares go away.

Nasty things can exist in reality... but then again..what is reality? We are locked into this until we individually allow ourselves to be free.
    Last edited by Carmody; 24th August 2011 at 20:14.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

christian (28th August 2011), Fred Steeves (24th August 2011), Jake (24th August 2011), modwiz (5th September 2011)

11. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Let me tell you about some interesting experiences i had very recently and it includes a concept of duality.
    It began while i was having my afternoon nap. First came the auditory experiencing of sounds and conversations, then the flashes and vibrant colorful images and finally the feeling of electricity passing through my body and heavy pressure between my eyebrows on the forehead. I found myself away from my body but i was completely blind, i could not see anything but i could navigate myself by touching the nearby objects in the room. Now here is the trick, I was also conscious in my physical body and from there i could see clearly what was going on around me.

Now this is experience where you are being present on 2 places at the same time in a simultaneous way. The physical ME was in his bed and observing things around but paralyzed and the astral ME was trying to navigate his way around the room by using his hands.
    My astral self noticed strong magnetic pull towards the physical body but i could grab on to a piece of furniture in the room and pull myself towards the door. Finally i came to the door knob and opened it, stepped outside then closed the door and found myself holding to the door frame. The door frame on the left side seemed to have a rusty surface that i could feel below my fingers and then for some reason i decided to get back to my body and check the door out.

When i got up i immediately checked the door only to find that the left frame had a place where the paint wore off and thus it was feeling rough on touch. Funny how i realized i should repaint that door frame only because i found this out by my astral exploration of my own home.

Another experience i had was quite similar except my astral self was not blind but as it separated from the physical body it went up towards the ceiling from where i could see distant lights coming in through my window in a golden color. It looked to me like laser beams and i could actually see the many photon particles that compose the beam. I remember turning around my body but again i had experience of existing at 2 places simultaneously.

These are some of my most recent experiences where i also experienced the feeling of duality. Not all my projections were like that.
    Last edited by Orion.V; 24th August 2011 at 20:36.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orion.V For This Post:

christian (28th August 2011), Fred Steeves (24th August 2011), Jake (24th August 2011), Rich (25th May 2019)

13. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Amazing experiences. Welcome to Avalon, by the way. Your descriptions of being out of body are spot on. Thank you. I often have much more lucid experienced during an afternoon nap. Bi-location is not an easy thing to 'get used to'. It has caused a lot of panic for me. I think it is because I wanted to be in control, and I was not. I have learned that it is best to relax, and go with the flow. There are definitely multiple aspects of 'self' operating simultaneously.

Quote I found myself away from my body but i was completely blind, i could not see anything but i could navigate myself by touching the nearby objects in the room. Now here is the trick, I was also conscious in my physical body and from there i could see clearly what was going on around me.
    A perfect example of bi-location. Being awake and aware in both 'spaces'. Amazing. I was in the middle of an event like that once, when suddenly, I (we, I whatever) both aspects became aware of an intrusion from 'dreaming mind'. All of the sudden, more dense, abstract, dream-imagery came flowing in. I lost both aspects of that event to the dream that 'took over'. Dreaming mind/waking mind/sleeping mind/projected mind. I get the feeling that there is no end to this 'rabbit hole'. How many ME's are out there? This is a frightening concept! The implications are staggering. Somewhere, on some level that we do not understand,,, we really ARE one! I like what Carmody said about taking a snapshot, and rolling it out through time and space to experience it in the physical. That 'snapshot' being the creative template that becomes our physical reality. You will see it when you believe it!

Quote When i got up i immediately checked the door only to find that the left frame had a place where the paint wore off and thus it was feeling rough on touch. Funny how i realized i should repaint that door frame only because i found this out by my astral exploration of my own home.
    Ha! immediate and practical application of OBE. I love it!

Thank you for sharing. I keep a dream/OBE journal by my bed at all times. Waking up and writing down your impressions or dreams,, sends a powerful message to your higher self, that you want to remember.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Fred Steeves (24th August 2011), Orion.V (24th August 2011), Rich (25th May 2019), starsha (29th August 2011)

15. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member Allura's Avatar
    Thanks

I LOVE projecting!! I do it about 2-3 times a week. It's nice to see so many able to do it and so many willing to try. I'm wondering if anyone wants to try to "meet" while OOB? I've been wanting to try that for a long time but haven't been able to find anyone else with the ability to go OOB.

I never know what nights I'll be able to get out but every night I go to bed repeating the affirmation, "Now I experience being out of body..." This phrase seems to work the best for me and I'm freed 2-3 times a week.
    "I believe in God like I believe in the sun, not because I can see it but because of it all things are seen." -C.S. Lewis

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allura For This Post:

christian (28th August 2011), Fred Steeves (24th August 2011), Jake (24th August 2011), Rich (25th May 2019)

17. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Amazing experiences. Welcome to Avalon, by the way. Your descriptions of being out of body are spot on. Thank you. I often have much more lucid experienced during an afternoon nap. Bi-location is not an easy thing to 'get used to'. It has caused a lot of panic for me. I think it is because I wanted to be in control, and I was not. I have learned that it is best to relax, and go with the flow. There are definitely multiple aspects of 'self' operating simultaneously.

Quote I found myself away from my body but i was completely blind, i could not see anything but i could navigate myself by touching the nearby objects in the room. Now here is the trick, I was also conscious in my physical body and from there i could see clearly what was going on around me.
    A perfect example of bi-location. Being awake and aware in both 'spaces'. Amazing. I was in the middle of an event like that once, when suddenly, I (we, I whatever) both aspects became aware of an intrusion from 'dreaming mind'. All of the sudden, more dense, abstract, dream-imagery came flowing in. I lost both aspects of that event to the dream that 'took over'. Dreaming mind/waking mind/sleeping mind/projected mind. I get the feeling that there is no end to this 'rabbit hole'. How many ME's are out there? This is a frightening concept! The implications are staggering. Somewhere, on some level that we do not understand,,, we really ARE one! I like what Carmody said about taking a snapshot, and rolling it out through time and space to experience it in the physical. That 'snapshot' being the creative template that becomes our physical reality. You will see it when you believe it!

Quote When i got up i immediately checked the door only to find that the left frame had a place where the paint wore off and thus it was feeling rough on touch. Funny how i realized i should repaint that door frame only because i found this out by my astral exploration of my own home.
    Ha! immediate and practical application of OBE. I love it!

Thank you for sharing. I keep a dream/OBE journal by my bed at all times. Waking up and writing down your impressions or dreams,, sends a powerful message to your higher self, that you want to remember.
    Thank you very much for sharing all this valuable data Jake.
    Yeah i had that too many times when mind takes over and paints everything in a dream and the dream takes over. The concept as much frightening as it can be it is also very fascinating. Right now in this material 3D awake state might be hard to picture and imagine the concept of bi-location or multiple simultaneous existences, but once you are experiencing them, in that moment it feels so normal and sharp.

About the snapshots i agree with you. I had few experiences actually transferred into the physical reality and happened like a chain of events because i believe thoughts are part of reality and they can attract events and things into your life.
    As more i became aware of this i started making use of it, about how to make the mind and thought manifest more firmly in the 3D reality. I found out that also emotion plays a big role in the scenario and serves as a huge thought boost to attract things.

So far i remember my most fascinating experiences but i should take an example here and keep a journal too.
    Thanks.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orion.V For This Post:

Fred Steeves (24th August 2011), Jake (24th August 2011), Rich (25th May 2019)

19. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Allura (here)
    I LOVE projecting!! I do it about 2-3 times a week. It's nice to see so many able to do it and so many willing to try. I'm wondering if anyone wants to try to "meet" while OOB? I've been wanting to try that for a long time but haven't been able to find anyone else with the ability to go OOB.

I never know what nights I'll be able to get out but every night I go to bed repeating the affirmation, "Now I experience being out of body..." This phrase seems to work the best for me and I'm freed 2-3 times a week.
    My goodness, Allura. Welcome to Avalon. You are most welcome. I have a small list of projects that I am focusing on right now... (Hi, Bollinger, haven't forgot about you! ) but I DO want to experiment, with joined OBEs. I have had a couple. It is a mind-bend. WOW... 2 or 3 times a week. That is fantastic. Are your OBEs consciously controlled, or are they mostly spontaneous?? I have controlled the experience from induction to return several times. But mostly, they are spontaneous. Not so much Random. but Spontaneous. meaning, they don't just come out of the blue,, but I will sometimes awake into trance, feel the energy and 'go for it'. (if that makes sense.)

Feel free to share your experiences in this thread, or start you own discussion, too.

My best and most useful affirmation is this... "I request a being of light to enter my space." and this,,, "I am more than my physical human body."

simple yet powerful, for me. Thank you for sharing. Jake.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

christian (28th August 2011), Fred Steeves (24th August 2011), Rich (25th May 2019), Seikou-Kishi (24th August 2011)

21. Link to Post #92
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I'm wondering if anyone wants to try to "meet" while OOB? I've been wanting to try that for a long time but haven't been able to find anyone else with the ability to go OOB.
    Hi Allura, let's give it a shot. I have no idea how to do it, but then again that probably doesn't matter.

Cheers,
    Fred

22. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

Mistake. I deleted post.

23. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

OOBE's? Conscious recall ones?

At my peak, I was at 2 to 5 a night. Basically all night, full conscious recall, but with residual bodily object recognition and shaping interference in some ways, and some not.

Right now, I'm just getting back to it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th August 2011), Jake (29th August 2011)

25. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

I'm wondering if anyone wants to try to "meet" while OOB? I've been wanting to try that for a long time but haven't been able to find anyone else with the ability to go OOB.
    Hi Allura, let's give it a shot. I have no idea how to do it, but then again that probably doesn't matter.

Cheers,
    Fred
    You are right, it does not matter.

If, for example, you meet, in the "dream"... someone who is like an uncle or brother or person you know..what you will find is that the person you are attempting to meet has a birthday that is similar. your body system of visual object recognition tried to identify shapes and items, the same way as a child you needed to learn this thing about objects, via your vision, body signals from nerves, etc. Feeling, body signals, and visual signals get shaped into what you know as your unique and personal avatar's pattern recognition. Conscious recall requires this as it is 3d reality as a doorway of communication, right here, in this thread.

Your mind and spirit, due to bodily interpretation combined with third eye interpretation through the body, into conscious recall....will identify that similar vibration as the uncle, friend, and what not. Including, objects, items, events, shapes, etc.

So it is not just possible but entirely probable that two can meet, but not recognize in the conscious state..that they indeed have.

I did this recently with a member of the forum here. They approached me, we compared notes of our 'dreams' from the night prior.... and we had done that exact thing.

The reality is that we do this all the time, every time we 'dream'. The dream is a 3d conscious recall, it is this dream, this reality.

The polarizing filter of the 3d body avatar translation system is the problem and the solution, all in one. Like a language translator.

Your job is to learn the deeper language, or, to reform your translator's actions and shaping. to remove the rose colored glasses of the avatar's interpretations.

This requires clearing the ego influence. This requires re-shaping the depths of the self and the pattern of growth of the filter or translation system.
    Last edited by Carmody; 28th August 2011 at 15:44.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

christian (28th August 2011), Fred Steeves (28th August 2011), Jake (29th August 2011)

27. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Check out the lyrics to this song, and tell me this fellow isn't having OBEs! I met him at the Seattle Center once, and again, randomly at a bar.

Hush now, don't you cry
    Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
    You're lying safe in bed
    It was all a bad dream
    Spinning in your head
    Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
    Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
    So here it is, another chance
    Wide awake you face the day
    Your dream is over... or has it just begun?

There's a place I like to hide
    A doorway that I run through in the night
    Relax child, you were there
    But only didn't realize and you were scared
    It's a place where you will learn
    To face your fears, retrace the years
    And ride the whims of your mind
    Commanding in another world
    Suddenly you hear and see
    This magic new dimension

I- will be watching over you
    I- am gonna help you see it through
    I- will protect you in the night
    I- am smiling next to you, in Silent Lucidity

-spoken during solo-
    [Visualize your dream]
    [Record it in the present tense]
    [Put it into a permanent form]
    [If you persist in your efforts]
    [You can achieve dream control]
    [Dream control]
    [I'll do better than that]
    [Dream control]
    [Dream control]
    [Dream control]
    [Dream control]
    [Help me]

If you open your mind for me
    You won't rely on open eyes to see
    The walls you built within
    Come tumbling down, and a new world will begin
    Living twice at once you learn
    You're safe from pain in the dream domain
    A soul set free to fly
    A round trip journey in your head
    Master of illusion, can you realize
    Your dream's alive, you can be the guide but...

I- will be watching over you
    I- am gonna help to see it through
    I- will protect you in the night
    I- am smiling next to you....

Nick Tate,,, Queensryche

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

HORIZONS (29th August 2011), Rich (25th May 2019)

29. Link to Post #97
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Jake. Yeah, I always did like that song back in the day, even though I never really paid attention to the words. Recently while jamming it on Youtube I Googled the lyrics and was stunned. This kind of stuff was not really out there back in '90. Hell, David Icke was still asleep then. Shows how late most of us are to the party huh? My favorite line is "There's a place I like to hide, a doorway that I run through in the night".

There's much more to those lyrics than just oobe's too.

Also, it's funny how we happen to run into people in bars. In the early 90's me and a buddy ran into Robbie Krieger in a swanky little whiskey bar in downtown Clearwater. I also later on met me lovely wife while trolling the bar scene, although it wasn't a swanky bar...LOL.

Thanks for bringing that song to light here Jake, good connection!!

Cheers,
    Fred

30. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Hi Jake. Yeah, I always did like that song back in the day, even though I never really paid attention to the words. Recently while jamming it on Youtube I Googled the lyrics and was stunned. This kind of stuff was not really out there back in '90. Hell, David Icke was still asleep then. Shows how late most of us are to the party huh? My favorite line is "There's a place I like to hide, a doorway that I run through in the night".

Also, it's funny how we happen to run into people in bars. In the early 90's me and a buddy ran into Robbie Krieger in a swanky little whiskey bar in downtown Clearwater. I also later on met me lovely wife while trolling the bar scene, although it wasn't a swanky bar...LOL.

Cheers,
    Fred
    Yes, thank you. Much more than OBEs, of course.

I like this part:

This magic new dimension!!

Aint that the truth!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th August 2011)

32. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Great song - thanks for posting!
    For those that do not know this song...
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

33. The Following User Says Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

Jake (29th August 2011)

34. Link to Post #100
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)

Cheers,
    Fred
    Yes, thank you. Much more than OBEs, of course.

I like this part:

This magic new dimension!!

Aint that the truth!!!
    I actually hesitated to even point out one line, because there's so much good stuff in the song like the line you quote there Jake. Sometimes tears come to my eyes when I think of the line:

You're safe from pain in the dream domain
    A soul set free to fly

Wow, a soul set free to fly... Got a ring to it doesn't it? Isn't THAT what we at Avalon are all about when it comes right down to it? It's been a long time since we rock n' rolled. I really don't think it's even confined to the dream domain any more....Time to think big...Really big.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast