+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riot in Tottenham, London

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Default Riot in Tottenham, London

Tottenham shooting: Police cars on fire after protest
    A police car on fire. The disturbances come after a man, named locally as Mark Duggan, was shot

Two patrol cars have been set on fire after members of a community where a young man was shot dead by police took to the streets to demand "justice".

Dozens of protesters have gathered outside the police station on the High Road in Tottenham, north London.

It comes after a 29-year-old father-of-four, named locally as Mark Duggan, was shot dead by police on Thursday.

more

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Bryn ap Gwilym (6th August 2011), Carmen (6th August 2011), crosby (6th August 2011), Jake (8th August 2011), jasen (6th August 2011), ktlight (8th August 2011), ledus un medus (6th August 2011), Lettherebelight (6th August 2011), Lost Soul (7th August 2011), nearing (8th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), seko (6th August 2011), The One (6th August 2011), the_flyingboy (7th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Default Tottenham Riots: Torched houses, cars in London violence aftermath

Latest updates say 26 police officers have been injured and 43 people arrested as violent riots flared up in north London. Two patrol cars, a building and a double-decker bus were torched as rioters clashed with officers on Saturday in front of the Tottenham Police Station, where people had gathered to demand "justice" for the death of a man identified locally as Mark Duggan, a 29-year-old father of four, killed in an apparent gunfight. More than 300 were involved in what began as a march to demand justice for the killing. Shops were also looted.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Muzz (8th August 2011), Ria (8th August 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Riot in Tottenham, London

Looting spreads after London riot

Police have condemned a wave of "copycat criminal activity" across London in a second night of looting and disorder following riots in Tottenham.

More than 100 people have been arrested as officers were attacked, police vehicles damaged and shops looted and damaged in parts of London.

Disorder spread to Enfield, Walthamstow and Waltham Forest in north London and to Brixton in the south of the city.

Some 35 officers have been injured over the two nights of rioting.

Three officers were hurt when a vehicle hit them as they tried to make an arrest in Waltham Forest, east London.

Clashes broke out in Enfield, north London, on Sunday evening where shop windows were smashed and a police car damaged.

more

After watching this on the bbc they mentioned the internet a few times and one "expert" they had on even suggested new powers to shut it down to prevent groups organising over twitter/facebook etc.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

The riots in London have spread into neighbor suburbs tonight as reports emerged that peaceful protests turned violent after Police started beating a 16 year girl. This video shows the incident that turned the peaceful protests into violent widespread rioting that has set London and surrounding suburbs ablaze in flames

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Ria (8th August 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Its kickin off in Hackney now. Live on the beeb.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Ria (8th August 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

Unfortunately we are reaching the tipping point very rapidly here in the UK and its time the authorities realised this including the PTB..... history shows the hard lessons that obviously have been forgotten.... that when the average UK person has had enough they WILL TURN .... have no doubts about it.... it is this Good or Bad side of the true Brit's nature that created an empire.....which was eroded by elitist greed as is happening across the world yet again at the expense of the average guy.

It could be the remnants of the ROMAN blood line.... surfacing again....

Not something to be proud of unfortunately....
    Last edited by phillipbbg; 8th August 2011 at 15:57.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Ria (8th August 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Looting spreads after London riot

Police have condemned a wave of "copycat criminal activity" across London in a second night of looting and disorder following riots in Tottenham.

More than 100 people have been arrested as officers were attacked, police vehicles damaged and shops looted and damaged in parts of London.

Disorder spread to Enfield, Walthamstow and Waltham Forest in north London and to Brixton in the south of the city.

Some 35 officers have been injured over the two nights of rioting.

Three officers were hurt when a vehicle hit them as they tried to make an arrest in Waltham Forest, east London.

Clashes broke out in Enfield, north London, on Sunday evening where shop windows were smashed and a police car damaged.

more

After watching this on the bbc they mentioned the internet a few times and one "expert" they had on even suggested new powers to shut it down to prevent groups organising over twitter/facebook etc.
    That last line muzz - "shut it down" nearly had ME reaching for the pitchfork! I would be so vexed i don't know what i would do but i wouldn't stand for that.
    I don't like being negative or angry these days but that really struck a chord in me.
    Take away my freedom and lifeline to so many friends on different forums etc?
    Grrrrr, i'm not reading this any more. Think i'll go for a walk.
    Today is a precious gift, thats why its called the present

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Muzz (8th August 2011), Ria (8th August 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,690 times in 1,424 posts

Quote Posted by bilko (here)
    That last line muzz - "shut it down" nearly had ME reaching for the pitchfork! I would be so vexed i don't know what i would do but i wouldn't stand for that.
    I don't like being negative or angry these days but that really struck a chord in me.
    Take away my freedom and lifeline to so many friends on different forums etc?
    Grrrrr, i'm not reading this any more. Think i'll go for a walk.
    Do you think this might all be part of the plan - to give the police and tbtb more powers of control?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 8th August 2011 at 16:55. Reason: reduce nested quote'ing depth

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

ktlight (8th August 2011), Muzz (8th August 2011), Ria (8th August 2011), seko (8th August 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

There may well be some corruption behind it.
    Violet light/fire help to transmute negative energy, thoughts.
    Visualize
    Visualize
    Love
    Healing
    Peace

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Jeez this is all over London now and reports of it spreading to Birmingham.

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I work just outside Enfield north london and on my way to work driving along the M25 i could see huge plumes of black smoke in the distance, the closer i got to the smoke i thought it was where i worked!!

Forther up the motorway i drove past the building and it was the huge Sony Distribution Centre which had been looted and then petrol bombed, this warehouse is just around the corner from where I work I can still see the huge black smoke right now - If it can be done to that warehouse all businesses in the area are not safe.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scootiep For This Post:

ktlight (9th August 2011), Muzz (9th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread