+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parent’s fury at 10-year-old ‘supermodel’

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Default Parent’s fury at 10-year-old ‘supermodel’

FYI:
    Quote The mini-model was featured in the January 2011 issue – as part of a 15-page picture spread called ‘Cadeaux’ (gifts). It included shots of a heavily made-up Thylane posing seductively in a chair, bed and on an animal skin rug, with her legs and neckline bared.

[See also: Fury over beauty salon offering grown-up treatments]

The controversial pics were shown on US TV this month and reignited concern over the sexualisation of children in the media.

The debate comes as the Government announced a crackdown on inappropriate clothing and raunchy ads aimed at young kids earlier this year.

They commissioned the Bailey Review to investigate enforcing restrictions on the sexualisation of children in the media and sexual content in advertising.

Reg Bailey, Chief Executive of the Mother’s Union is in charge of the independent review.

Fleur Dorrell, Head of Safe Policy at the Mother’s Union, told Yahoo! UK that these images were “blurring all thoughts of beauty” and were “physically disturbing” for adults.

She added: “Modelling agencies think that it is ok to use pre-pubescent girls as models but this is completely selling us a different idea of beauty. They are making this girl look and feel as though she has to dress this way in order to be perfect.”

“If you think about it in reverse they wouldn’t ask me, a 43-year-old woman to dress like a girl, so why would they want to dress her up like that?”

espite concern over the images of Thylane, there is huge fan support for model, with a blog and several Facebook fan pages dedicated to her work.

On one fan page a woman wrote: “I don't find this unusual, she is super talented...plus it’s French Vogue!!! FRENCH. VOGUE. Totally ok.”

Another fan added: “I am frustrated with all the people who deem this as sensual... Art is totally subjective and depends on the individual viewing it.”

The Mother’s Union and David Cameron have invited the fashion and advertising industries to reassess the representation of young people under the age of 16 at a summit in October.
    source
    http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/parent...upermodel.html

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rZoVk...layer_embedded
    Last edited by ktlight; 7th August 2011 at 05:35.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Davidallany (7th August 2011), Healthy Skeptic (7th August 2011), John Parslow (7th August 2011), Karma Ninja (7th August 2011), Maia Gabrial (8th August 2011), Marsila (7th August 2011), Miller (7th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011), Teakai (7th August 2011), TigaHawk (7th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Default Re: Parent’s fury at 10-year-old ‘supermodel’

Sick, degenerate and evil minds are at work.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

bennycog (7th August 2011), Floor (7th August 2011), Healthy Skeptic (7th August 2011), ktlight (7th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011), Teakai (7th August 2011), TWINCANS (8th August 2011), Watching from Cyprus (7th August 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Paedophile Material. ENOUGH SAID.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Healthy Skeptic For This Post:

bennycog (7th August 2011), cheez_2806 (7th August 2011), ktlight (7th August 2011), Marsila (7th August 2011), Njord (7th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011), Teakai (7th August 2011), TWINCANS (8th August 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Healthy Skeptic (here)
    I feel should qualify the above statement.
    What I meant by it was that I feel that the this whole concept of 'sexualising' minors is 'food' for Paedophiles,
    not that I feel that this Thread/Post was a 'Paedophilla' Post.
    I just get so 'angry' at 'Low-Life' that 'exploit' children that my Post was very 'verbatim' and unclear.
    Last edited by Healthy Skeptic; 7th August 2011 at 08:30.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Healthy Skeptic For This Post:

bennycog (7th August 2011), ktlight (7th August 2011), Maia Gabrial (8th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), shadowstalker (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011), TWINCANS (8th August 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    New Zealand Avalon Member Tane Mahuta's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,565 times in 726 posts

What I meant by it was that I feel that the this whole concept of 'sexualising' minors is 'food' for Paedophiles,
    I just get so 'angry' at 'Low-Life' that 'exploit' children that some of my Posts are very 'verbatim' and unclear.

One must not forget that these children are coached by their parents.

Perhaps the parents need councilng not the children.

Perhaps Society's attitude needs to be changed.

TM
    "Seek the Truth.....and the Truth shall set you free!!!"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tane Mahuta For This Post:

bennycog (7th August 2011), Healthy Skeptic (7th August 2011), Maia Gabrial (8th August 2011), Marsila (7th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), TWINCANS (8th August 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Tane Mahuta,
    Is this a 'Fair Dinkum' photo of a contestant? I have to know.
    Looking into her eyes (the photo) I see 'emptiness'. Like a 'Barbie Doll'.
    If this is a 'real' photo, then where is 'she'? (I mean what is her preception of this world?).

"One must not forget that these children are coached by their parents.

Perhaps Society's attitude needs to be changed."

I cannot agree with you more. One has to only see "Parents encouraging their children"
    in sports in many countries of this World.

"Look at XXX, aren't they brilliant?"
    "Aren't they the best in the World?"

Of course, "I taught them everything I know". (That's why They/(I) are brilliant".)

It's sad when 'parents' need to use their kids to 'make up for their failings'.

"They are brilliant" so therefore "I am"!!

The pressure to succeed in their parents 'eyes' on these kids must be 'incredible'.
    I have experienced (maybe false 'perception') this myself.

So sad, but so true.
    Last edited by Healthy Skeptic; 7th August 2011 at 09:21.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Healthy Skeptic For This Post:

bennycog (7th August 2011), Karma Ninja (7th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011), Watching from Cyprus (7th August 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Heather2017's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 times in 333 posts

Reminds me of child pageants like those on Toddlers and Tiaras. I feel so sorry for the kids involved and can only imagine what they're internalizing about their own value, parental love, relationships with peers, competition, etc.

Girls are already taught to place way too much emphasis on appearance. We're given the message over and over again that our value is based on how attractive others find us.

We're also coached to invest large amounts of money and other energy on improving our appearance.

It's hard to overcome that brainwashing.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heather2017 For This Post:

Healthy Skeptic (13th August 2011), Ria (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

instead of just criticizing leading nowhere, why don't we all protest to the magazine. Here the managers and responsible people for Vogue publication:

Here the e-mails to protest, please, write to them

Directrice des activités éditoriales digitales
    Sarah Herz
    lorlianges@condenast.fr

Publisher des activités digitales
    Louis Orlianges

lorlianges@condenast.fr

Directeur Editorial GQmagazine.fr, Vogue.com et Glamour.com
    Joseph Ghosn

jghosn@condenast.fr

Responsable Marketing
    Mathilde Lebreton
    mlebreton@condenast.fr

in one bunch:

The potential text: we, world citizen, protest and contest the abusive use of children as models in your magazines showing us how little moral and integrity you have towards children. We also protest the extremely difficult to digest hypersexualisation that encourages pedophiles to pursue their activities remorselessly using your marketing strategies as an excuse.

Nous, citoyens du monde, protestons et contestons l'utilisation abusive d'enfants comme modèles dans vos magazines, démontrant ainsi votre absence de moral et d'intégrité face aux enfants. Nous protestons également contre votre hypersexualisation des enfants, très difficile à digérer, encourageant ainsi les pédophiles à poursuivre leurs activités sans remords se justifiant par vos stratégies marketing
    Last edited by Flash; 7th August 2011 at 16:19.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Axman (7th August 2011), Karma Ninja (7th August 2011), Kerrigan (7th August 2011), Marsila (7th August 2011), Miller (7th August 2011), RMorgan (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011), Tarka the Duck (7th August 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,769 times in 885 posts

Wow! Thanks Flash! I'm on to it...

Kathie

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarka the Duck For This Post:

Flash (8th August 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Retired Member Karma Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel as though the issue of sexualizing children and exploiting young people is part of a much larger issue. We are a society obsessed with the trappings of our ego and we find ourselves doing anything and everything to satisfy this obsession. Each generation has an example of this envelope being pushed further and further. I remember when I was young, there were young girls (Tiffany and Debbie Gibson are just 2 examples) who were considered to be being used controversially for their image and exploiting their sexuality. Then it was Britney Spears then it was Miley Cyrus and the list goes on and on... Even Justin Bieber is used for his image...

When a magazine like Vogue makes a decision to use these types of images, they calculate the controversy and shock from people and weigh it versus the free publicity. They are fully aware of the controversy and use it as a marketing tool. Just the way the publicity from any shocking overly sexual imagery assists more than it harms the artists who uses it as a way of gaining popularity. We see the examples of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian who are known mostly for their sex tapes. We see the tactic used by Miley Cyrus and any of the other Disney children (Vanessa Hudgens etc...) who try too hard to shed their childhood innocence.

In the case of little beauty queens we find parents obsessed with image and popularity. We see them projecting their own desires onto their children and using their kids vicariously to achieve their goals. I don't always buy the argument that all of the people involved with these pageants are pedophiles but rather it is an example of the market meeting a demand for supply. There are literally thousands of parents all across the world who are willing to dress up and sell their kids image and this is why these competitions and pageants exist. At the same time it is obvious how these events attract pedophiles. It is not a stretch to assume pedophiles have worked their way into the business.

Personally, as the father of 3 girls, I can say that these events disgust me but the disgust is equally divided between the parents and the organizers. At the same time I recognize that being attracted to youth and beauty is a normal biological function but it doesn't stop me from getting angry when older men stare at my 14 and 17 year old daughter. Whats scary...is how many men will stop and stare even with me standing right next to them.

Society says it is wrong but that doesn't stop business and people from exploiting children

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karma Ninja For This Post:

Corncrake (7th August 2011), Healthy Skeptic (13th August 2011), Heather2017 (7th August 2011), Miller (7th August 2011), shadowstalker (7th August 2011), Tarka the Duck (7th August 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Quote Posted by Tane Mahuta (here)
    I just get so 'angry' at 'Low-Life' that 'exploit' children that some of my Posts are very 'verbatim' and unclear.

One must not forget that these children are coached by their parents.

Perhaps Society's attitude needs to be changed.

TM
    Poor kid doesn't look like she is real she looks like a china doll with no life.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Even when i was a kid - I distinctly recalled asking my mother once - why this gril, whom looked younger than myself (i was in primary school) was allowed to wear a blue boob-tube, black miniskirt, and a handbag. I found it disturbing then......

Now - It still saddens me greatly that all young girls seem to have to aspire too is looking like some stick figure model in barely any clothing.

I wear no makeup. I wear no jewlry (sometimes i'll wear a plastic armband you can get for $2 for supporting a charity event - that is it)

I know im no supermodel. But i honestly cannot see the point of why people spend 2 hours each morning sitting infront of a mirror masking their face purely for the fear of what people may think of them without the makeup.

If you are ugly, you are ugly. If you are beautifull you are beautifull. No ammount of makeup or pretty clothes will change how you look. Why can you not be happy with looking exactly how you look? Who gives a rats bum what other people think!!! You can only be truly happy when you are happy with the way you look - without all the makeup and makebelieves that are forced in you're face. Why can people not understand this

Oh how i dream of having super powers. To fly around the world stomping on sick corporations that premote sick things such as the OP has posted and the governments that allow it.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Karma Ninja (7th August 2011), shadowstalker (7th August 2011), skamandar (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 times in 458 posts

In Japan, well I'm sure you've all heard of the filthy manga comics that are on the bottom shelf in all 7-11s. In Amsterdam where almost all sex deprived individuals can get a fix at a price with displays of women in windows for all children to see. Even if you wished to be raped by a monkey you could get it done in Amsterdam and thus children don't get raped and then murdered just to satisfy some urge of some pervert.

What I'm saying is quite harsh but those prostitutes could satisfy an urge that could save your child's life. Rape in Amsterdam is very low in comparison. It's a touchy subject but if kids in catalogues are allowed to pose then why not in a magazine. Whats wrong with men dressing as women and women dressing as men and kids wearing adult clothes.

Personally I don't think it's that bad. It's just that it can seem provocative. But a boy dressing as a man is ok. Sorry but I think it's just new so therefore many can view it in that way. Fashion magazines will do anything for a bit more attention and they've succeeded in this one because there will be an outcry. So using kids in that way bothers me.

Just throwing a difference of opinion out there, don't all dive on me at once.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

Healthy Skeptic (13th August 2011), shadowstalker (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member bonnyhut's Avatar
    Thanks

Now the celebrity culture of insecurity and distraction is being aimed at a younger age bracket. It works so well on the adults why would n't they start using it on the younger, more impressionable humans.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bonnyhut For This Post:

Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011)

29. Link to Post #15
    Bulgaria Avalon Member skamandar's Avatar
    Thanks

That synchronicities I have with the Avalon forum is already unbelievable.

I just spent the last week being totally outraged over the sexualisation of children. I log in and I see you guys discussing it.
    The reason for my anger was this video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HH76Hpjf-3k

I checked this song in youtube because I heard it somewhere and I taught it has an interesting rhythm and melody. At the beginning I found the visual very disturbing. Just the duet of a poorly dressed woman and a 6-7 year old boy, who steals to bring her a present, didn't feel good. And then.... I heard the lyrics... She actually sings - COME INSIDE ME...

WTF is wrong with everybody?
    That made me sick. Actually the boy has a very nice voice, but they make everything that's nice, float in a river of perversity. That's just...

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,982 times in 1,576 posts

Has the World Gone Completely INSANE?

I am deeply saddened by this.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

skamandar (8th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011)

32. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    In the Matrix...imagining how i'd like it to be
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 times in 375 posts

This is horrible...a kid is supposed to be a kid, and what type of people did the magazine really think would enjoy watching that? this doesn't appeal neither to other children nor to most parents.

Flash, it's great writing to them and i will, but they are likely not to care or write back about how great this is but we can't see it..... so do you know what magazines or newspapers not owned by conde nast in France could we write to who will get that publisher to reconsider such "photoshoots" in the future?
    Last edited by Marsila; 7th August 2011 at 23:07.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marsila For This Post:

ktlight (7th August 2011), Tane Mahuta (7th August 2011)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

I think that some parents just don't treasure their children. The parents of these type of kids, if they have them, definitely need therapy.
    Someone on one of the videos I recently listened to said that peodophiles don't get excited about having sex with children. It's the fact that they can thoroughly destroy the child's innocence that turns the perverted morons on....

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

ktlight (8th August 2011), TWINCANS (8th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread