+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Everything We Know About The Universe Wrong

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Default Is Everything We Know About The Universe Wrong

This video goes into dark matter in great detail and it made me realise we know nothing about our universe

There’s something very odd going on in space – something that shouldn’t be possible. It is as though vast swathes of the universe are being hoovered up by a vast and unseen celestial vacuum cleaner. Sasha Kaslinsky, the scientist who discovered the phenomenon, is understandably nervous: ‘It left us quite unsettled and jittery’ he says, ‘because this is not something we planned to find’.

The accidental discovery of what is ominously being called ‘dark flow’ not only has implications for the destinies of large numbers of galaxies – it also means that large numbers of scientists might have to find a new way of understanding the universe. Dark flow is the latest in a long line of phenomena that have threatened to re-write the textbooks. Does it herald a new era of understanding, or does it simply mean that everything we know about the universe is wrong?

14 billion years ago there was nothing; then everything exploded into existence and the universe was born, but a new generation of cosmologists are questioning this theory. Cosmologists have created a replica of the universe by using equations; it’s called the standard model of cosmology and it’s the reason behind the Big Bang theory; however, this model is now doubted. Professor Alan Guth’s theory challenges the Big Bang by stating that the universe started out small, allowing the temperature to even out everywhere, before expanding on a massive scale.

Stars nearer the edge of a galaxy move just as fast as those in the centre. This made cosmologists think that galaxies needed more gravity, but the only way to get more gravity was to create it. Astrophysicist Dan Bauer is hunting for dark matter half a mile under the dark plains of Minnesota in order to trace and record it more effectively. The discovery that the universe is speeding up suggests that a new force is powering the universe. This force is known as dark energy, and cosmologists have no idea what it is.

The combination of the standard model, inflation and dark matter has given way to a new theory called dark flow. The nature of this theory could show that our universe isn’t the only one. The standard model of cosmology has withstood much criticism, therefore making the theory stronger; however it could still be totally wrong.

2. Link to Post #2
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Default Re: Is Everything We Know About The Universe Wrong

Well, probably. But I wouldn´t use the word "wrong". Inaccurate is a better word, IMHO.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 9th August 2011 at 21:03.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), aranuk (17th September 2011), jjjones (17th September 2011), The One (9th August 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,835 times in 21,553 posts

From Mysterious "dark flow" extends deeper than previously seen.:
    "Dark flow" is no fluke, suggests a new study that strengthens the case for unknown, unseen "structures" lurking on the outskirts of creation.

In 2008 scientists reported the discovery of hundreds of galaxy clusters streaming in the same direction at more than 2.2 million miles (3.6 million kilometers) an hour.

This mysterious motion can't be explained by current models for distribution of mass in the universe. So the researchers made the controversial suggestion that the clusters are being tugged on by the gravity of matter outside the known universe.

Now the same team has found that the dark flow extends even deeper into the universe than previously reported: out to at least 2.5 billion light-years from Earth.

After using two additional years' worth of data and tracking twice the number of galaxy clusters, "we clearly see the flow, we clearly see it pointing in the same direction," said study leader Alexander Kashlinsky, an astrophysicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland.

"It looks like a very coherent flow."

The find adds to the case that chunks of matter got pushed outside the known universe shortly after the big bang—which in turn hints that our universe is part of something larger: a multiverse.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), aranuk (17th September 2011), Fred Steeves (9th August 2011), K626 (17th September 2011), KosmicKat (10th August 2011), meeradas (8th September 2011), The One (9th August 2011), thunder24 (9th August 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member dddanieljjjamesss's Avatar
    Thanks

Not wrong, just unbalanced.
    Once you see the yin/yan pattern of energy movement, that occurs in all things from galaxies to the water in your cup, things start to become much clearer.
    This post will, at once, serve to both mystify and demystify MY condition, depending on the observer!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dddanieljjjamesss For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), The One (10th August 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

I love that science may finally be catching up with what all meditators and conscious beings already know by direct experience. Whoopee!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), The One (15th September 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

So what does that mean for us I wonder? Are we going to get "hoovered"? lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), Ontarioguy (17th September 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    That would totally suck... ;p lol (couldn't resist that one... )
    ~a pebble in the water makes a ripple effect,
    every action in this world will bear a consequence...
    if you wade around forever you will surely drown.... ~ RJA

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to White Rabbit For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), Ivanhoe (17th September 2011), K626 (17th September 2011), NancyV (17th September 2011), Ontarioguy (17th September 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Yep, all we scientifically know about the Universe IS wrong.

First: Space is not only empty space, it's TIME-SPACE.
    Second: Matter IS faster then light light.
    Third: so there is only light, better called electromagnetism.
    Fourth: gravity is only the difference of two opposing directions of one expanding force. This force also implodes in itself, creating the electro and magnetism forces. There are 2 more forces on the atomic level, but these are also related to electromagnetism
    There is also a form of these forces that works as a loopback system, it's called 'Mind'.
    Time does NOT exist, unless experienced by the mind-force.

Etcetera. Much more to tell, the knowledge is available, but very hard to find and only in small, scattered pieces.

Soon we ALL will know more the Universe, and thus about ourself.

Wish I could tell more, but I have not enough understanding myself, yet.

But science is wrong, that is what I really know.

One last thing: THERE IS NOTHING to be worried about!

(You see creation at work, black holes ARE CREATORS of galaxies, NOT EATING them!)

Skywalker (what's in a name)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Red Skywalker For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), K626 (17th September 2011), The One (17th September 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 times in 1,094 posts

I ask again has the earth and moon been moved?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), The One (17th September 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

I wonder if Nasim Haramein is laughing?
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), K626 (17th September 2011), The One (17th September 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,609 times in 20,703 posts

I'm sure he is!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), The One (17th September 2011)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

And many more are laughing:

Garrett Lisi, Tom Bearden, van Flandern, Tesla and Otis Car (from a galaxy far far away), Keely, Mehran Keshe, Victor Schauberger and many other outside the box thinking and knowing people.
    They have given up to convince mainstream science which is fallen into a fundamentalism form of Einstein/Hawking religion.

(The earth and the moon are always moving, vibrating and evolving for Truth4me. If you refer only to the orbital movements around the sun, no)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Skywalker For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), K626 (17th September 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member trenairio's Avatar
    Thanks

i dunno a look into haramein-torsion field work may be worthwhile. unconventional-yes, is it legitimate-i dunno im not a physicist

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trenairio For This Post:

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Quote Posted by dddanieljjjamesss (here)
    Not wrong, just unbalanced.
    Once you see the yin/yan pattern of energy movement, that occurs in all things from galaxies to the water in your cup, things start to become much clearer.
    Hi ddd can you elaborate a little on this please? I would love to see things clearer!

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), K626 (17th September 2011)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

The theory of the big bang have never workt in my mind, for me the universe are an ongoing process, stars and planets are being made all the time.
    Thats why we see the growing process as the universe moves, to make new room for new galaxies.

This is my theory, and i feel in my heart i am right. and no one can prove i am wrong on this earth.

Thanks TheOne....

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

K626 (17th September 2011), The One (17th September 2011)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote The theory of the big bang have never worked in my mind, for me the universe is an ongoing process, stars and planets are being made all the time.
    Thats why we see the growing process as the universe moves, to make new room for new galaxies.
    You are right.

Nassim is also on the right track, but he still has a long way to go. One hint, he must simplify and more simplify to get more understanding.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Red Skywalker For This Post:

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by White Rabbit (here)
    Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    That would totally suck... ;p lol (couldn't resist that one... )

TOO FUNNY

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011), White Rabbit (19th September 2011)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    From Mysterious "dark flow" extends deeper than previously seen.:
    "Dark flow" is no fluke, suggests a new study that strengthens the case for unknown, unseen "structures" lurking on the outskirts of creation.

In 2008 scientists reported the discovery of hundreds of galaxy clusters streaming in the same direction at more than 2.2 million miles (3.6 million kilometers) an hour.

This mysterious motion can't be explained by current models for distribution of mass in the universe. So the researchers made the controversial suggestion that the clusters are being tugged on by the gravity of matter outside the known universe.

Now the same team has found that the dark flow extends even deeper into the universe than previously reported: out to at least 2.5 billion light-years from Earth.

After using two additional years' worth of data and tracking twice the number of galaxy clusters, "we clearly see the flow, we clearly see it pointing in the same direction," said study leader Alexander Kashlinsky, an astrophysicist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland.

"It looks like a very coherent flow."

The find adds to the case that chunks of matter got pushed outside the known universe shortly after the big bang—which in turn hints that our universe is part of something larger: a multiverse.
    Think about this. Our universe might only be the size of a planet in terms of its scale to something far larger....

K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

35. The Following User Says Thank You to K626 For This Post:

<8> (17th September 2011)

36. Link to Post #19
    UK Avalon Member winston smith1971's Avatar
    Thanks

Dark matter theory 'may be wrong'‎
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14948730
    Dark matter found at last? WIMPS in space might hold the crucial clue‎
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...=feeds-newsxml
    I guess they can't make up their minds and do not really know...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to winston smith1971 For This Post:

<8> (19th September 2011)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Mostly everything we know about space is taught to us by the people we don’t really trust. And, those seemingly untrustworthy people learned almost everything they know about space from ancient text and through the lens of scopes. To truly understand anything of physicality, you need to experience it personally/ through all your senses. Until then… you have nothing but speculation, hear say and blind faith. I find it very hard to know as much as we claim to know about the cosmos when we have such a hard time leaving our own orbit. IMO, what we actually know about space is mainly based on guessing by using arithmetic and physics…that some scientist are now saying is also inaccurate.

So for now, I’ll only imagine what space really is. I’m not going to let too much of the mis-education of man guild my thoughts on it, It could all be a lie and hinder the growth of man by having him/her believing in fiction. It's best to reflect and react to what we know is definite.
    In these times...none of us can really be certain about space…not until someone starts selling space ships to the general public.

Peace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast