+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The innocence/joy/power/beauty/purity/[insert word here] of our kids!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Smile The innocence/joy/power/beauty/purity/[insert word here] of our kids!

Something exciting happened to me this morning that made my life all the more worthwhile.

I was dropping off my girls at school (Bijanca 6, Scarlett 5) and I wished my eldest goodluck on her speech today (she has to talk about her family for 90 seconds), and I reminded her to smile and look up after every sentence, then tested her memory by asking what my favourite food was (which is mentioned in her speech) - and she said "Pizza!" (homemade, of course!) and then Scarlett, the kindergartener puffs up her chest and says, "But Mama, I know what it is you like the MOST! . . . It's LOVE!"

Right then and there, I KNEW that she knew the deeper meaning of what she had said.

Have any of you spotted a moment in time when your kids just really blew you away with their understanding of something like this?
    Last edited by Tamara; 10th June 2010 at 00:24.

2. Link to Post #2
    illuminate

Default Re: The innocence/joy/power/beauty/purity/[insert word here] of our kids!

I don't have any kids of my own, but I am constantly amazed by children all the time
    and it just makes my heart sing!! They are so innocent, but yet, so wise beyond their years...
    more than most adults I know. How lucky you are, they sound beautiful... just like you!

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Wink Re: The innocence/joy/power/beauty/purity/[insert word here] of our kids!

My children specially my younger children are my teachers, my oldest daughter of 16 yrs. old often likes to visit her grandmother to cook and clean for her this has come from her out of the love she has for her grandmother. My youngest daughter now about 15 months old has an incredible vocabulary for her age she is the heart of the family because she is always hugging and kissing us. My children have melted my heart and have taught me the real value of life, is not position, is not education, is not knowledge or even spiritual enlightenment it is just simply love. It is an honor for me to be a part of their lives and I strive each day to be a more loving and caring parent. I do believe the coming generations will have a clearer understanding of our role as a temporal inhabitant of this planet. Our generation has done a horrendous job at taking care of our environment , we are good at pointing fingers without offering effective creative solutions.
    Tamara thank you for this thread and may the power of love protect all the children of the world.

Many many blessings to you and your family...

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Default Re: The innocence/joy/power/beauty/purity/[insert word here] of our kids!

Great thread Tamara! Thank you, and also thanks to illuminate and Frank for sharing.
    This reminds me of what Jesus said in Mark 10:15, and I quote below:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

What Jesus meant is that children don't have yet a 'developed ego' (duality) as many adults have, thus they see everything in a more innocent way which is often expressed as joy, happiness and love. Even us as adults should learn from children just as Frank mentioned so beautifully.

Love is the answer always,

Dan
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

5. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Children are teachers if we want to enter a New Paradigm!

I was beggining to teach my oldest boy, 4 years old, the Universal Laws. So, at his age, I used a lot of metaphores. One day, I tell him that when one is happy, laugh and smile, everyone becomes happy and smile. After thinking a bit about it he comes back to me saying: 'And dad, it is also true when we are angry...'

Ah! I was so happy! He caught the basic of the law of resonance. What a wonderful life he got ahead!

Namaste, Steven

+ Reply to Thread