+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wake-up documentaries

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Wake-up documentaries

Hello Avalonians,

Here is a list of documentaries that were eye openers for me or at least had an impact in the way I viewed different subjects. What about you?

The Century of the Self
    Bowling for Columbine
    Zero: An Investigation into 9/11
    Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
    Who Killed the Electric Car?
    Sharkwater
    Zeitgeist: The Movie
    The Recruiter

Last edited by Elly; 21st August 2011 at 21:40. Reason: adding links

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Elly For This Post:

Corncrake (21st August 2011), Earthlink (6th April 2015), fractal being (7th March 2012), frances (8th March 2012), Kindling (14th August 2013), Limor Wolf (21st August 2011), Maia Gabrial (21st August 2011), Mike (21st August 2011), Ria (21st August 2011), selinam (27th August 2013), superconsciousness (13th August 2013), thepainterdoug (14th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

Default Re: Wake-up documentaries

Thanks Cara, for me it was it was quite a similar list which continues to grow:

All Michael Moore movies
    All John Pilger Documentaries
    The Disclosure Project
    Oil, Smoke and Mirrors (first 9/11 documentary I saw)
    Loose Change
    Who Killed the Electric Car?
    Sweet Misery (about Aspartame Poisoning)
    The Century of Self - Edward Bernays
    Zeitgeist
    and more recently Inside Job

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Mike (21st August 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Hey Cara,it could be nice if could attach some links.movies did not open my eyes,but I would suggest two more

the first one is -

"wake-up call" - a 'must' for begginers and for everyone who had'nt see it yet if you ask me

The other one is David icke's excellent talk from 2008 - 'Big brother'

In fact,I am about to send the first one to as many people as I can.wish me luck

~*&^~*&

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 22nd August 2011 at 07:04.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Lord Sidious (21st August 2011), Maia Gabrial (21st August 2011), Mike (21st August 2011), selinam (27th August 2013), Shannon (10th April 2016), write4change (8th March 2012)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Kymatica,
    Into the fire
    Mayan Calendar Comes North
    what the bleeb
    the orion conspiracy
    holes in heaven
    the archons - alien invaders

2 name a few. I guess it's more of a package-deal. =]

8. Link to Post #5
    Estonia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Bump! Lets add some and share, folks!
    Thank you
    "You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your
    desire is so is your will. As your will is, so is your destiny"

9. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by marko (here)
    Bump! Lets add some and share, folks!
    Thank you
    Most of the above listed.

A very important one missing is...

http://www.thrivemovement.com/

Treasure trove of information in this website.

Movie, best I've seen.

Trailer -

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasquez For This Post:

Kryztian (4th September 2013), Spellbound (12th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

my current favorite is:

The Pharmacratic Inquisition

Quote Thousands of years ago, in the pre monarchic era, sacred plants and other entheogenic substances where politically correct and highly respected for their ability to bring forth the divine, Yahweh, God, The Great Spirit, etc., by the many cultures who used them.

Often the entire tribe or community would partake in the entheogenic rites and rituals. These rites were often used in initiation into adulthood, for healing, to help guide the community in the decision process, and to bring the direct religious experience to anyone seeking it.

In the pre literate world, the knowledge of psychedelic sacraments, as well as fertility rites and astronomical knowledge surrounding the sun, stars, and zodiac, known as astrotheology, were anthropomorphized into a character or a deity; consequently, their stories and practices could easily be passed down for generations.

Weather changes over millenniums caused environmental changes that altered the available foods and plant sacraments available in the local vicinity. If a tribe lost its shamanic El-der (El – God), all of the tribe’s knowledge of their plant sacraments as well as astronomical knowledge would be lost. The Church’s inquisitions extracted this sacred knowledge from the local Shamans who were then exterminated…It is time to recognize the fact that this Pharmacratic Inquisition is still intact and destroy it.

this one lead me to understand humanity a bit more (and why our communication is so difficult)

Athene's 'Theory of Everything' - A new take on neuroscience in relation to quantum physics
    Quote Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to speak with Chiren Boumaaza, aka Athene, who you may know as the extravagant internet celebrity, and professional gamer.

If you haven't heard of him, he's a record holder in World of Warcraft and online poker, and plays the main character in a series of videos on a popular youtube channel with well over 340,000 subscribers.

'Athene' is known for crashing gaming servers, with the aid of his massive army of followers, who just love to be part of the controversy and trouble Athene is so well known for.

Over the past year, we haven't heard much from him, and it seemed as though he had fallen off the grid. Recently Chiren broke his silence, and announced that his disappearance was due to being very busy, conducting new research in the fields of quantum mechanics, general and special relativity, and neuroscience. He continued to say that this research is culminating in significant new discoveries that will be presented in a documentary named 'Athene's Theory of Everything'. This was definitely an unexpected turn, and caused quite a stir, and some confusion within his fan base.

While this could seem bizarre and hokey, the explanations Chiren gave about his research during a livestream event sounded solid, and I was intrigued. I wanted to hear more details about what he was working on.

Last edited by TargeT; 7th March 2012 at 23:28.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Elly (14th August 2013), marko (7th March 2012), selinam (27th August 2013), superconsciousness (13th August 2013)

13. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member markoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 479 posts

What in the world are they spraying

14. The Following User Says Thank You to markoid For This Post:

superconsciousness (13th August 2013)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member The Lawnman's Avatar
    Thanks

In addition to those mentioned already.

The Secret of Oz
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=swkq2E8mswI

Catherine Austin Fitts - Former Secretary of HUD (Whistle Blower)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=h5kEY...ayer_embedded#

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Lawnman For This Post:

Corncrake (8th March 2012)

17. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The Light Bulb Conspiracy - The Untold Story of Planned Obsolescence

The Light Bulb Conspiracy combines investigative research and rare archive footage to trace the untold story of Planned Obsolescence, from its beginnings in the 1920s with a secret cartel, set up expressly to limit the life span of light bulbs, to present-day stories involving cutting edge electronics (such as the iPod) and the growing spirit of resistance amongst ordinary consumers.

This film travels to France, Germany, Spain and the US to find witnesses of a business practice which has become the basis of the modern economy, and brings back disquieting pictures from Africa where discarded electronics are piling up in huge cemeteries for electronic waste.

For the full documentary... http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/light-bulb-conspiracy/
    Last edited by Elly; 27th August 2013 at 10:37.

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 times in 223 posts

I know it's not a documentary, but it could be: THE PARALLAX VIEW directed by Alan Pakula.

And if you want to know how the mind of a fascist works: THE CONFORMIST directed by Bertolucci is absolutely brilliant.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to superconsciousness For This Post:

Elly (14th August 2013)

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member foreverfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 times in 528 posts

You can't understand how we arrived at this point without understanding history the way it should be told.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to foreverfan For This Post:

Elly (14th August 2013)

22. Link to Post #13
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    this one lead me to understand humanity a bit more (and why our communication is so difficult)

Athene's 'Theory of Everything' - A new take on neuroscience in relation to quantum physics
    Quote Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to speak with Chiren Boumaaza, aka Athene, who you may know as the extravagant internet celebrity, and professional gamer.

If you haven't heard of him, he's a record holder in World of Warcraft and online poker, and plays the main character in a series of videos on a popular youtube channel with well over 340,000 subscribers.

'Athene' is known for crashing gaming servers, with the aid of his massive army of followers, who just love to be part of the controversy and trouble Athene is so well known for.

Over the past year, we haven't heard much from him, and it seemed as though he had fallen off the grid. Recently Chiren broke his silence, and announced that his disappearance was due to being very busy, conducting new research in the fields of quantum mechanics, general and special relativity, and neuroscience. He continued to say that this research is culminating in significant new discoveries that will be presented in a documentary named 'Athene's Theory of Everything'. This was definitely an unexpected turn, and caused quite a stir, and some confusion within his fan base.

While this could seem bizarre and hokey, the explanations Chiren gave about his research during a livestream event sounded solid, and I was intrigued. I wanted to hear more details about what he was working on.

after watching this video probably 15+ more times since posting this... I will doubly agree with myself.

This video should be watched by all.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Elly (14th August 2013), StandingWave (4th April 2015)

24. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

RESONANCE is a sensational eye opening documentary which reveals the harm we are doing by existing in an ocean of man made wireless frequencies.

In the mid eighties fewer than 3% of all people in most of the countries were using cell phones, but if you fast forward to today almost 100% of the people are using cell phones.

By the time they’re 19 or 20 years old, our children will have used the phone for 10 years, and we have no idea what type of risk that’s carrying. Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation.

It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures.

How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing.

25. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Thumbs up Re: Wake-up documentaries

Pax Americana and the Weaponization of Space

The prospect of Earth being ruled from space is no longer science-fiction. The dream of the original Dr. Strangelove, Wernher von Braun (from Nazi rocket-scientist to NASA director) has survived every US administration since WW2 and is coming to life. Today the technology exists to weaponize space, a massive American industry thrives, and nations are maneuvering for advantage.

PAX AMERICANA tackles this pivotal moment. Are war machines already orbiting Earth? Can treaties keep space weapons-free? Must the World capitulate to one super-cop on the global beat?

With startling archival footage and unprecedented access to US Air Force Space Command, this elegant, forceful documentary reveals the state of play through generals, space-policy analysts, politicians, diplomats, peace activists, and hawks.

As if there weren't enough weapons here on earth, space has become the newest arena for countries around the globe to launch their struggle for supremacy. Denis Delestrac's film Pax Americana and the Weaponization of Space is packed full of some truly startling facts — everything from the "Rods of God" (space weapons that can launch from orbit) to the fact that fifty cents of every American tax dollar goes towards military spending. The astronomical costs of arming and policing the heavens (more than $200 billion) has largely fallen to the US Air Force, but with China and other nations challenging American supremacy, there is the potential for a war to take place right over our heads.

Comparison of the space race to the sea battles of the 18th and 19th Century are apt, since so many global interests are at stake. As per usual, economics are at the heart of the struggle. Noam Chomsky draws analogies between the US weaponization of space to good old-fashioned colonialism in the tradition of empire. In the name of protecting commercial investment, the US has charged itself with being the arbiter of peace in space. But with the weapons industry replacing almost all other manufacturing in America, is this simply a ruse? Many experts unequivocally state that missile defense is the longest running fraud in the history of US defense. That it, in fact, disguises true American intentions to dominate space as a means of dominating the entire globe. (Getting rid of the anti-ballistic missile treaty was one of the first activities undertaken by the Bush Administration.)

If a space war were to happen, the effects could prove catastrophic. Since there is no way to clean up debris and space junk, it stays in orbit, circling the globe at some 14,000 miles per hour. At this speed, even a pea-sized piece of debris has the capacity to destroy whatever is in its path. This includes satellites that regulate most of the world's information systems (everything from GPS to banking to media). But with China shooting down one of their own aging satellites, the race shows every sign of heating up. This time, the sky may indeed be falling.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

26. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member kennywally's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, ..........

I liked, From Freedom to Fascism, The Secret of OZ, Loose Change, and Everything is a Rich Mans Trick , the last one was excellent!

The Secret Side of History, Mystery Babylon and the New World Order, by Dee Zahner....the audio made the book come alive. It's a rare find like a Myron C. Fagan recording of the UN one world gov't or Red Stars over Hollywood, if any of you are old enuf to recall those.

In my opinion, the end of this earth age, is not far off.

Divide and conquer is real...

Lose the name dot com

Look into the Birth Certificate name

Lastly, people talk talk talk talk about the deMOCKcracy...why? they forgot were were founded as a Republic! I guess they don't want to think about it. Progressive is code for communist.

Sorry I'm just ranting here, hopefully some of it will make sense to who reads it.

The U.S. is an illusion, it takes a lot to see thru the smoke and mirrors, the dog n pony show we get. the Breads and Circuses...the gov't has not returned from Congresses last session, ended Sine Die in the mid 1800's...a corporation is not a gov't, we've been seriously hoodwinked.

These are some of the clues I've noticed...please feel free to disagree or to add your own insights/comments.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to kennywally For This Post:

TargeT (10th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread