+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 9 19 30 LastLast

Thread: Something Strange is happening with the Sun

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

Default Re: Something Strange is happening with the Sun

More news from Spaceweather.com:

Quote COMPLEX ERUPTION ON THE SUN: On August 1st, the entire Earth-facing side of the sun erupted in a tumult of activity. There was a C3-class solar flare, a solar tsunami, multiple filaments of magnetism lifting off the stellar surface, large-scale shaking of the solar corona, radio bursts, a coronal mass ejection and more. Click on the image to view just a fraction of the action:

The movie recorded by extreme UV cameras onboard the Solar Dynamics Observatory shows an enormous magnetic filament breaking away from the sun. Some of the breakaway material is now en route to Earth in the form of a coronal mass ejection (CME, movie).

Seeing the sun erupt on such a global scale has galvanized the international community of solar physicists. Researchers are still sorting out the complex sequence of events and trying to understand why they all happened at once. Stay tuned for more movies and analyses in the days ahead
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

2. Link to Post #162
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...hit-earth.html

solar wave...can we ride it? and does it have a tunnel?

3. Link to Post #163
    Thanks

hi kins, hows things?

thx for the link.
    As synchronicity goes, first time i have posted in a long time today and wouldnt you know it, i posted a response on the georgia guidestones thread re George Kavassilas and his ideas re 2013 and then this article you link to citing 2013

The Daily Telegraph disclosed in June that senior space agency scientists believed the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013.
    "These eruptions occur when immense magnetic structures in the solar atmosphere lose their stability and can no longer be held down by the Sun's huge gravitational pull. Just like a coiled spring suddenly being released, they erupt into space.”

Reminds me of Bashar's analogy of the rubber band, the more its pulled back the further it travels when released. Sun is affecting/reflecting our collective consciousness.. Barbara Marciniak also talks of a galactic tidal wave of light!

Grab your sunnies

4. Link to Post #164
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,966 times in 2,208 posts

Quote Posted by whitefluffy (here)
    As synchronicity goes, first time i have posted in a long time today and wouldnt you know it, i posted a response on the georgia guidestones thread re George Kavassilas and his ideas re 2013 and then this article you link to citing 2013

The Daily Telegraph disclosed in June that senior space agency scientists believed the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013.
    "These eruptions occur when immense magnetic structures in the solar atmosphere lose their stability and can no longer be held down by the Sun's huge gravitational pull. Just like a coiled spring suddenly being released, they erupt into space.”

I noticed this as well.... the year 2013 coming up again....after your post on the Guidestones thread!

5. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

lol jaybee, there ya go ..................... who knows huh?

6. Link to Post #166
    Thanks

It has been posited by David Serada that events like this with the sun are connected to large earthquakes.
    We shall see what happens.
    Formerly Known as Aztar
    Spectrum Radio Network co-Host

7. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

I am reminded of the book The Mayan Prophecies...by Gilbert and Cotterell...and the research/conclusions that they shared. The 'coiled spring suddenly being released'..sounds very much like the 'twisting' of the sun's magnetic field talked about in the book...

http://www.knowledge.co.uk/xxx/cat/mayan/
    Quote In 1986 Maurice Cotterell put forward a revolutionary theory concerning astrology and sun cycles. He had for some years suspected that the sun's variable magnetic field had consequences for life on earth. The sun has a complex field which loops and twists itself into knots. It has long been suspected that these loops give rise to sunspots, which are dark blemishes on the sun's skin. The number, size and location of sunspots are constantly changing and as a former Radio Officer, Cotterell was well aware that they have profound effects upon the earth's magnetic envelope, the magnetosphere. Whilst working as Head of Electrical and Communications Engineering (Estates) at Cranfield Institute of Technology, he devised a program that would compute the relationship between the sun's magnetic field and the Earth. As expected his model predicted that there should be a sunspot cycle of roughly eleven and a half years, closely corresponding to what has been observed over several centuries. However, he also found graphic evidence for longer cycles including a period of 1,366,040 days. His work took a new turn when he read about the Mayan super number from the Dresden Codex: 1,366,560 days. This was exactly two 260 day cycles larger than his theoretical sunspot period. He therefore proposed that the two were related. As his earlier work on what he called Astrogenetics indicated that human fertility was dependent on the presence of sunspots, he now had evidence that the Mayan calendar was not arbitrary but was based on a knowledge of the effects of sunspots. This explained the near obsession they had for long cycles of time and their belief in the rise and fall of four previous ages of man.

lol jaybee, there ya go ..................... who knows huh?

Indeed...............who knows?

8. Link to Post #168
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

Quote I am reminded of the book The Mayan Prophecies...by Gilbert and Cotterell...and the research/conclusions that they shared. The 'coiled spring suddenly being released'..sounds very much like the 'twisting' of the sun's magnetic field talked about in the book...
    Quote Sunspots are usually considered to be nothing more than magnetic disturbances, but Cotterell ties in the energy particles emanating from the sun to astrology, believing that the changing solar particles themselves have an effect on humans. Indeed, Cotterell and Gilbert’s book Mayan Prophecies shows many amazing coincidences between the peaks and troughs of the sunspot cycle that Cotterell discovered and other seemingly unrelated phenomena.

This includes,

* the degree of Carbon 14 radiation seen in tree rings year by year,
    * the average yearly temperatures of the European climate,
    * the severity of northern European winters,
    * the advance and retreat of alpine glaciers,
    * and, amazingly, the rise and fall of civilizations.

It seemed that as the levels of C14 radiation decreased, the sunspot activity increased proportionally, and during these periods,

…it seemed that high solar activity... correlated exactly with the growth of powerful, sophisticated civilizations. Low sunspot activity seemed to be linked with periodic ‘Dark Ages’, which are marked by a general decline in the level of cultural achievement that has coincided with the fall of important civilizations.

Thus, from this we can see that Cotterell’s theories suggest that solar radiation somehow has an effect on human consciousness, and in fact the growth and development of human civilizations as a whole.
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ci...ncia_sol15.htm

9. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

Also in 'The Mayan Prophecies' they talk about the sun and fertility.... pure speculation here....but what if the 2012/2013 thing is about a near complete drop in fertility world-wide? No huge dramatic senario...but in a shortish period of time, maybe a few months? no/few babies are born..... and the situation might go on for many years...?

Like I say pure speculation....don't want to depress anyone....

10. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)
    Also in 'The Mayan Prophecies' they talk about the sun and fertility.... pure speculation here....but what if the 2012/2013 thing is about a near complete drop in fertility world-wide? No huge dramatic senario...but in a shortish period of time, maybe a few months? no/few babies are born..... and the situation might go on for many years...?

Like I say pure speculation....don't want to depress anyone....
    Aah, the backside of King Tuts Deathmask...........

11. Link to Post #171
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Swami (here)
    Aah, the backside of King Tuts Deathmask...........
    I beg your pardon...LOL.

12. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)
    I beg your pardon...LOL.
    Always makes me think of this guy........

Ashurbanipal

13. Link to Post #173
    Thanks

What's with the riddles.....

Are you saying Ashurbanipal was infertile...? Is this a game of twenty questions?

14. Link to Post #174
    Thanks

Hey Guys! Great find connecting to Cotterell's research. That book is the one that turned me on to studying sunspots way back in '96.
    Mitch Battros has a book on how the solar cycle affects humans brains as well.

And, yes, Jaybee, I remember the part about fertility being reduced during the active solar cycles... great stuff to reflect on.

15. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

Quote And, yes, Jaybee, I remember the part about fertility being reduced during the active solar cycles... great stuff to reflect on.
    Yep, I wonder if this guy Ashurbanipal tried to tell the same story with the "hat" he was wearing, could there be a connection to Gilgamesh?

@jaybee. No riddles, just some gutfeelings i've been walking around with for 'some' time now.....

All related to the sun

16. Link to Post #176
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MorningSong (here)
    Hey Guys! Great find connecting to Cotterell's research. That book is the one that turned me on to studying sunspots way back in '96.
    Mitch Battros has a book on how the solar cycle affects humans brains as well.

And, yes, Jaybee, I remember the part about fertility being reduced during the active solar cycles... great stuff to reflect on.
    Yes it's years since I read the book, myself.....and it made a big impact...

I bet NASA et al have studied the Mayan Prophecies really closely......

17. Link to Post #177
    Thanks

Maurice Cotterell - Secrets of the Super Gods

[GOOGLE]7262004365764573655[/GOOGLE]

[GOOGLE]1128787908498295835[/GOOGLE]

18. Link to Post #178
    Thanks

As for the CME's coming in..anyone checked out these?

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ace/MAG_SWEPAM_24h.html everything picked up around 17:00 UTC

The Magnetosphere is acting up: http://www2.nict.go.jp/y/y223/simulation/realtime/

K4 geomagnetic storm, too. http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/kp_3d.html

@Swami: king tut has western dna...was Ashurbanipal an Annanuki giant hybrid? Gilgamesh was part divine e part human...another Annanuki?
    ...but what does this have to do with sunspots and/or CME's???? Niribu getting closer, huh?

19. Link to Post #179
    Thanks

From Spaceweather.com:

Quote M-FLARE: At 1825 UT on August 7th, Earth-orbiting satellites detected a long-duration M1-class solar flare. The source of the blast was sunspot 1093. Several amateur astronomers caught the sunspot in mid-flare. First-look data suggest that the blast hurled a CME toward Earth, raising the prospect of more auroras in the nights ahead. Stay tuned for updates

Quote roduct: Report of Solar-Geophysical Activity
    :Issued: 2010 Aug 07 2201 UTC
    # Prepared jointly by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,
    # Space Weather Prediction Center and the U.S. Air Force.
    #
    Joint USAF/NOAA Report of Solar and Geophysical Activity
    SDF Number 219 Issued at 2200Z on 07 Aug 2010
    IA. Analysis of Solar Active Regions and Activity from 06/2100Z
    to 07/2100Z: Solar activity was moderate. Region 1093 (N10E30)
    produced an M1/2f flare at 07/1824Z. Associated with this event were
    Tenflare signatures at 07/1827Z (110 sfu) and 07/1901Z (150 sfu)
    along with Type II (675 km/s) and Type IV radio sweeps.
    IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very
    low to low with C-class flares likely from Region 1093 and 1095
    (S18E19). A chance of M-class activity is possible from Region 1093.

Quote An M-class flare erupted in Active Sunspot Region 11093, peaking at 1824 UTC on August 7, 2010. This caused an R1-class radio blackout (a sudden ionospheric disturbance, or SID). A metric type II burst was observed in Humain (Belgium) starting around 1809 UTC, and initial crude analysis reveals a possible full-halo coronal mass ejection that may arrive between August 9 and August 10, causing geomagnetic disturbance.

Below is a movie showing a series of filtered views of the event in the active sunspot region 11093, as seen by SDO AIA. This flare is 10 times more powerful than the C-class flare on August 1, 2010 - the flare that caused so much media attention on August 3 through August 5, due to aurora and anticipation. The order of views by filter: 171 Angstroms; 094 Angstroms; 131 Angstroms; 193 Angstroms; 211 Angstroms; 304 Angstroms. Source: NASA/SDO

https://youtube.com/watch?v=swWnZ...layer_embedded
    Last edited by MorningSong; 7th August 2010 at 23:12.

20. Link to Post #180
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

That was one of the most interesting presentations I have ever heard/seen. I'll watch it again when I can. I'm not familiar with this stuff at all but it is entertaining at least. What difference any of that makes to us now is nothing more than, 'things may change radically, soon but don't worry about it.' If the end comes for any one of us or all of us, it's part of a process---nothing lasts forever.
    Last edited by East Sun; 8th August 2010 at 02:42.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 9 19 30 LastLast