+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: What do you most enjoy doing?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member jsb_swampfox's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What do you most enjoy doing?

My favorite place to be is on the back of my horse...The connection between man and equine is like no other. My world of worries and troubles dissolve into the abyss when I am riding or working with my horses. They are an incredible animal with unique intuitive abilities to connect with humans.....my second favorite thing to do is scan the "today's post" button here...Any other horse lovers here?
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jsb_swampfox For This Post:

Caren (26th August 2011), Carmen (25th August 2011), DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), exchange student (26th August 2011), GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (24th August 2011), MorgaineFallen (24th August 2011), Ruby L. (24th August 2011), ulli (24th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Being outside, on the land.

Chopping wood with an axe.

Splitting logs with a splitting axe.

Using my monster chainsaw (go figure why - lol)

Using dangerous farm machinery (safely) !

Mending stuff instead of buying replacements.

Making stuff instead of buying stuff.

Having time to be able to try to see the creator in each moment and thing.

Killing Zombies

John..

(Last one might not actually be true )
    Last edited by Anchor; 24th August 2011 at 11:37.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), Ernie Nemeth (24th August 2011), GCS1103 (24th August 2011), jsb_swampfox (24th August 2011), KosmicKat (24th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (24th August 2011), MorgaineFallen (24th August 2011), Ruby L. (24th August 2011), thunder24 (24th August 2011), ulli (24th August 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

I seem to change what im passionate about very often. Im ussually completley engaged in somethig for a month or so and then find something else I want to learn or experince and move on to engage myself fully in that. Right now its archery, the month before was hang gliding, before that was bush tukka and survival skills and before that was spear fishing. Dont know whats next but im sure i'll find something.

So I guess what makes me happy is learning new and interesting skills and gaining knowledge that comes with it.

The one thing that always endures is putting the harnesses on my two huskys and getting them to pull me all over the show on my skateboard.

Namaste, Jia.
    Last edited by Lucid Jia; 24th August 2011 at 11:54.
    To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower.
    Hold invinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in a hour.

When the doors of perception are cleansed, man will see things as they truly are, infinite.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lucid Jia For This Post:

Carmen (25th August 2011), DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), GCS1103 (24th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (24th August 2011), Ruby L. (24th August 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Retired Member gaiagirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you DoubleHelix!!! Great thread! As of late, my favorite activity is coming to this forum . . . Reading what Avalonians have to say and contribute has brought so much joy and meaning to my life and at a time when this was much needed.

Other than this, I enjoy walking in nature, getting lost in the sounds and textures, and sometimes the quiet and watching the sky and the wildlife. I LOVE to float at night in the ocean, during a full moon . . . or being present during a rain storm and feeling the water come down, drenching my skin as I walk through a field or the woods. A few times a year I too take my homeopathic medication and do this to cleanse my soul and get lost in time

I enjoy many other things too, but that has to be my favorite!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gaiagirl For This Post:

Anchor (24th August 2011), DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (24th August 2011), Ruby L. (24th August 2011), thunder24 (24th August 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member kathymarie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 times in 240 posts

I am a fiber artist so for me designing and creating a beautiful quilt is super satisfying. Sitting in my sewing room or cutting room is a most pleasant experience surrounded by beautiful fabric...I admit I am a visual and tactile person. Also, playing the piano and reading are most enjoyable. Judging from the time we all spend on this site conversing with fellow Avalonians, reading posts and mulling over the insights brought to light here must rank pretty high on our lists of things we like to do.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kathymarie For This Post:

DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (24th August 2011), Ruby L. (24th August 2011), ulli (24th August 2011)

11. Link to Post #46
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by gaiagirl (here)
    Thank you DoubleHelix!!! Great thread! As of late, my favorite activity is coming to this forum . . . Reading what Avalonians have to say and contribute has brought so much joy and meaning to my life and at a time when this was much needed.

Other than this, I enjoy walking in nature, getting lost in the sounds and textures, and sometimes the quiet and watching the sky and the wildlife. I LOVE to float at night in the ocean, during a full moon . . . or being present during a rain storm and feeling the water come down, drenching my skin as I walk through a field or the woods. A few times a year I too take my homeopathic medication and do this to cleanse my soul and get lost in time

I enjoy many other things too, but that has to be my favorite!
    Do you know that it is more dangerous to swim in the ocean at night than it is at day?
    All the little fish come up to eat and you know the food chain comes up with em.

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Laying in my hammock in the back yard listening to the wind in the leaves. I love watching the beech tree leaves sparkle in the sun. Being at the beach is awesome as well- I can spend hours lying in the sand and listening to the water. Gee- I must be into sounds. I used to love to dance- well I still do, just don't do it as often.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niobe For This Post:

DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (25th August 2011), Ruby L. (24th August 2011), toothpick (25th August 2011)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 300 posts

This thread is so full of magic!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (25th August 2011), Star1111 (25th August 2011)

16. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member PixieDust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 times in 212 posts

i use to love to ride horses, the connection between horse and rider is almost unexplainable. letting the reigns out in a field and feeling the horse take off is awesome to say the least. i also love the beach every chance i get to go there. being in the waves or just laying in the sand im like a little kid again but since i dont have a horse and im land locked i love to put my head phones on and get lost in a painting. my favorite type of painting to do is just having an idea or a phrase in my head and seeing what turns up on the canvas.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PixieDust For This Post:

DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (25th August 2011)

18. Link to Post #50
    Australia Avalon Member DoubleHelix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 times in 438 posts

Wow tremendous stuff folks! thanks for each and every response, much appreciated! I suspected this place housed a diverse crowd but this really blew my mind!

I never would of guessed we'd have such a wide array of different responses! We had everything from Balooning to Star Gazing, Writing Poetry to Having Sex, and Composing Music to Killing Zombies !

This has been a great experience to get to know each other just that little bit better. For those who are still deciding whether to share or not, feel free to enlighten us with your interests! Each member and their response is as valid as the next!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoubleHelix For This Post:

GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (25th August 2011)

20. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 times in 343 posts

DoubleHelix good thread.
    I love listening to the glorious wind in the huge White Pines that that surround our home and serve as a wind break in the winter.
    That wonderful sound of that wind is the only thng that actually can illeviate my insomnia since age ten. I cherish that breeze.
    Taking care of my 85 year old Mother who has had at least 10 or 12 strokes in the last few years, and she battles back from every one.
    She says to us kids, you never give up, because of those that went before you.
    My syblings and i pass her around like the preverbial family jewel.
    Last stroke, Sunday aug 22 011, last sunday she went to hospital by ambulance.
    She is staying at my daughter Jody,s home since then.
    She fought back and is okay, she is very tough and inspirational.
    After Mom, acylc painting , nature. Humming birds and Seahorses, long walks with my wife in our sugar bush.
    Oh yeah , I like to meet my lovely wife at the door with a hot cup of jo when she gets home from work.
    She is so cool she waits untill I,ve left the room before she dumps it out ,and, I hear the micro wave heating a new cup of jo.
    I love her so much, hey wait a minute thats it man that it, lovng this women is my passion for sure.

toothpick
    Last edited by toothpick; 25th August 2011 at 13:05.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to toothpick For This Post:

Carmen (26th August 2011), DoubleHelix (25th August 2011), GCS1103 (25th August 2011), Lisab (25th August 2011), Lord Sidious (25th August 2011), ulli (26th August 2011)

22. Link to Post #52
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

That was a good laugh toothpick. Does your wife know that you know that she dumps the jo that you made?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

ulli (26th August 2011)

24. Link to Post #53
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

writing/recording/producing music, martial arts, getting to a quiet area where I can look at the sky, finding new interesting threads here

Travelling when its not for work is something I'd like to do one day, but not had the chance yet.

I'm starting to enjoy new things, started writing a bit of comedy and will see where it goes! I guess anything creative is what I enjoy!

Talking to like minded people, but that's not very easy in the music business unless you want to discuss music of course, and usually I don't!!!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Dawn For This Post:

Lisab (26th August 2011), Lord Sidious (26th August 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3