+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A personal health scare - superbugs ahoy?

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

Exclamation A personal health scare - superbugs ahoy?

Hi..

Maybe some of you have noticed I haven't been posting much in the last week. Well, I got a rather nasty infection in my left thumb that ended up needing surgery, and I only got out of hospital this morning! All in all, it's lasted a whole week (since this Sunday), and I'm not out of the woods yet - I have tubes sticking out of both sides of my left thumb to drain any more puss that comes out of the infection. All things being equal, I'll have the tubes removed on Thursday.

Sunday, I noticed a small patch on my thumb that stung a little bit

Monday, it grew a bit, I went to E.R and was prescribed atibiotics (which I've been taking properly ever since, by the way!)

By Wednesday, the pain was excruciating, burning hot and running through my whole hand and down my arm... I went to er again, they cut it open, squeezed the puss out under local anaesthetic (which didn't work by the way, so I was crying out in agony during the whole ordeal), wrapped it up in gauze and sent me home with orders to get it looked at by my doc by Friday.

Well, On Thursday I tried to get a docs appointment for friday, but couldn't...so went to emergency to get it looked at as I knew that, as it hadn't improved despite my taking antibiotics, this was serious and no ordinary infection. The doctor at ER took one look at my purple, inflamed, puss-oozing thumb and told me it would need surgery to clean it out and put in a drain to allow the puss to exit more easily . The infection had spread from near my fingernail where I had originally noticed it, to the pad of my thumb on the other side of my thumb! I was in ER at 4:30pm and was in the theatre undergoing surgery by 9pm that night. The surgeon had made incisions in both sidees of my thumb and inserted tubes into both incisions.

The thing that gets me about this is that I'm normally a healthy person, infections that I get are normally cleared out within a few days with antibiotics. This is by far the worst infection I have ever had.... I'm thinking that the bugs these days are stronger and becoming more resistant to the antibiotics we are using - so we have to be extra careful with ourselves and our health from now on...

It's really shocked me.....A lot more than I let on..... Please make sure you wash your hands and be careful! The world needs us and if we're sick we won't be there to help when things really get interesting (which is starting to happen now).......

Consider it a public health announcement. I've got photos I'll stick up somewhere which will be enough to show your kids that it really is important to keep your hands and body clean nowadays!

Anyone else had similar scares of late?

(Mods : I inadvertently stuck this thread in the wrong area - I think. Could you please move it to the right area?)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

astrid (27th August 2011), Caren (27th August 2011), Cjay (28th August 2011), D-Day (28th August 2011), Marianne (27th August 2011), nearing (28th August 2011), shadowstalker (27th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Default Re: A personal health scare - superbugs ahoy?

jcocks,

So sorry to hear about this. I take it this was a MRSA type infection? i.e., a resistant staph infection. It's pretty scary, and I'm glad you got it seen to quickly. Are you okay now?

My son's college professor last year got an MRSA infection and had a very bad time of it. She lost almost a whole semester of teaching.

I work in the medical field, and see paperwork daily with reports of MRSA. It's in the hospital big time, in nursing homes, in schools, and who knows where else. People should always clean a wound exceedingly well and take proper precautions. Also look to keep your immunity high. Besides diet and exercise, one of the best ways to do this is to be happy. Science has shown this to be true. It raises your vibrational level, and anyone who think that's woo-woo stuff just don't grasp the whole picture. >sorry, stepping down off the soap box now<

I think essential oils are the way to go. I would use them for myself and my family & friends & anybody who would listen to me. The reason they are effective is because they contain hundreds of separate constituents, versus one or a few in a drug...one ingredient that was extracted out of the many contained in a plant and its essential oils. The bug can figure out a way around one ingredient, but not hundreds.

If you want to read up on the medical uses of essential oils, check out Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt's books.

Good luck--please keep an eye on the wound until it's completely healed. Let me know if you need any info on those fabulous essential oils (my super heroes) for fighting MRSA.

All blessings,
    Marianne

PS: I'm not saying don't take the antibiotic--I'm saying use EO's with it and follow your health care worker's advice. And when the antibiotics are not working, EO's are a godsend.
    Last edited by Marianne; 27th August 2011 at 10:21.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Caren (27th August 2011), D-Day (28th August 2011), nearing (28th August 2011), shadowstalker (27th August 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Jcocks, do you have any MMS??

I have some links to an Aussie suppiler, Pm me if you want them
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Caren (27th August 2011), D-Day (28th August 2011), Marianne (27th August 2011), shadowstalker (27th August 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm not sure if it was staph - I'm guessing it must have been close as it only started to budge when they gave me the intraveinous antibiotics. I have a nurse coming around daily to change the dressing until at least Thursday so it's being well looked after (thank god).........

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

Caren (28th August 2011), D-Day (28th August 2011), Marianne (27th August 2011), shadowstalker (27th August 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

it's time for you to take a hard look at the state of your health. Some thing is out of balance. Find out what it is.

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

You most likely have a MRSA infection.. Your doctor has the responsibiltiy to notify you of what type of infection you have. Hold him to it. It may be relevant down the line.

MRSA is now more common in the community than it is in the hospital. You could also become a carrier. You need to have your nose swabed and cultured when your are all done with this active finger infection. The nose test must be done 3 times to get a fairly accurate idea if you are a MRSA carrier or not. If you have it in your nose, which is where it colonizes frequently you need to take a topically applied nasal medicaition for that. Then get tested again to make sure you are clear. Most doctors fail to go to this extreme but would you want to spread this bacteria to friends and family? ... did you know that 20% of surgeons in California are MRSA carriers?

MRSA can live on any surface that a regular staph can live on and thats almost anywhere. Chlorine dioxide as found in MMS will kill it. MMS orally is also known to kill it as well as applications topically. go to www.jimhumble.biz to learn about MMS.

I certainly hope that this infection resolves quickly for you ..

Please make a point of finding out exactly what type of infection you had. They should have done a culture and sensitivity test. If they didn't and your infection is not going away insist that they do one ASAP. This will tell them what drug you need to take. Too many doctors still fail to culture wounds and they often choose the wrong antibiotic because they are shooting in the dark.

If they dink with you or give you a hard time find another doctor. This is curable, even if they don't have the medicine to do it should it get bad. PM me and I can direct you if it is needed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

D-Day (28th August 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Nope - they definitely took a swab of the puss before I was admitted to hospital. I don't know the results of the test tho...Yet.

13. Link to Post #8
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

Sorry to hear about your infection,

I work in intensive care in the UK and MRSA is a problem. However if your immune system is good and you don't have any portals of entry you shouldn't fear. Addressing these two, i.e maintaining a strong immunity and sensibly looking after cut's and wounds are our greatest allies.

Anecdotal observation have lead me to believe that obesity and depression are the two most significant presenting features of people acquiring the most dangerous from of MRSA infection-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_fasciitis

And of these groups poor hygiene resulted in the portals of infection.

So I would recommend that if you are obese and depressed and are happy with the status quo? then please at least maintain good oral hygiene and don't forget the bits downstairs, or you might find yourself waking up in ITU with bits of your body missing.

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

I recommend any or all of the following may help:
    • Manuka honey (eat it AND apply it liberally on and around the infected area)
    • Manuka oil (tea tree oil)
    • McArthur Natural Products pawpaw-based lotion
    • MMS (drink it AND spray it on the infected area, as per Jim Humble's protocols)

MANUKA HONEY

Manuka honey, from Australia and New Zealand, is used widely in hospitals for curing MRSA and other infections, even when antibiotics have failed. It also accelerates healing of wounds. You can buy it in health food shops. (Beware that some supermarkets sell manuka honey that has been mixed and greatly diluted with other types of honey.)

The next video has a good overview of manuka honey. I am not endorsing any particular company. There are dozens of companies selling manuka honey.

Internal uses:
    • Stomach aches/ulcers
    • Sore/strep throat
    • Acid Reflux Disease
    • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    • Gastritis
    • Ulcerative Colitis
    • Cold/flu symptoms
    • Esophagitis
    External uses:
    • Wounds & burns
    • Eczema & Psoriasis
    • Acne
    • Ringworm
    • Skin ulcers
    • Pressure sores
    • Tinea
    • MRSA/Staph infections
    Healing properties:
    • Antibacterial
    • Anti-fungal
    • Antiviral
    • Anti-parasitic
    • Anti-inflammatory
    • Antiseptic
    • Antimicrobial
    Wound Care:
    • Heals wounds fast
    • Cures infections
    • Repairs damaged skin
    • Regenerates new tissue
    • Eliminates malodor
    • Reduces pain
    • No scarring
    Other Uses:
    • Sinus infections
    • Ear infections
    • Gum disease
    • Urinary Tract Infections
    • Wrinkles
    • Diarrhea
    • Fungal infections
    • Bacterial infections
    Manuka honey has no known side effects.

Quote Manuka Honey and Oil: Antibiotic Action So Powerful It Beats MRSA
    Manuka Honey and Oil provide enormous health benefits. Knowing about them may save your life or prevent amputation.
    by Heidi Stevenson

17 April 2011

Manuka Honey and Oil are scientifically shown to kill and protect against drug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, commonly called MRSA. A number of anecdotal incidents attest to that fact. At this point, their ability appears to be through an entirely different mechanism than antibiotic drugs, so they may not result in drug-resistant diseases—the scourage of modern medicine, which is demonstrating the inherent flaw in the medical paradigm.

At a time when it's becoming apparent that all antiobiotic drugs result in drug-resistant diseases, it's becoming ever more important to know what natural methods of healing exist, along with how to develop genuinely good health to prevent disease.

Full story: http://www.gaia-health.com/articles4...il-honey.shtml

WARNING: pictures of major wounds in next video

TOM MCARTHUR - PAW PAW MAN

Tom McArthur, a diesel mechanic, experimented in his kitchen for 50 years making natural medicines and perfecting his recipes. Tom says, "If nature has created the disease, I do believe that nature will also provide the cure."

Tom was offered hundreds of millions of dollars from the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies but he said no because he suspects they would shelve the paw paw products to protect their existing product lines.

The specially formulated pawpaw-based soap, facial cream and body lotion are used to cure skin cancers, gangrene and chronic leg ulcers. The treatments are very effective for burns, scar reduction, eczema, psoriasis, sun-damaged skin, age spots, hair loss, cellulite, migraines, arthritis and improving skin tone. The healing happens very fast! A doctor at the Austin Hospital here in Melbourne was so impressed by Tom McArthur’s paw paw products, he has started formal clinical trials in the hospital.

The only place you can buy Tom McArthur's paw paw products is on his website:
    http://www.mcarthurnaturalproducts.com/news
    I recommend you watch the videos and read the information on this page, then browse around the rest of the website.

MMS - JIM HUMBLE

More info: http://jimhumble.biz/ and http://www.miraclemineral.org/

I purchased MMS from this site about 2 months ago. The MMS was delivered quickly.
    http://www.mmsbuyaustralia.com.au/purchase-mms.html

+ Reply to Thread