Thread: Nassim Haramein

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,609 times in 20,703 posts

Default Nassim Haramein

Nassim is going to be one of the presenters at the Awake and Aware Conference coming up soon and I thought it would be appropriate to post a couple of his talks here again.
    I am a big fan, and if you are not familiar with him, I'd say you are in for a treat...
    He's funny, he's brilliant, he's original, and he can explain physics and math in a way that almost anyone can understand.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jml0R...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5bX...ayer_embedded#!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uN3mn...eature=related

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LE0pv...eature=related
    Last edited by onawah; 30th August 2011 at 18:31.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Anno (31st August 2011), D-Day (5th September 2011), Elandiel BernElve (2nd September 2011), fifi (31st August 2011), firstlook (30th August 2011), heyokah (30th August 2011), Holly Lindin (4th September 2011), Margi (16th October 2011), Midnight Rambler (31st August 2011), motherlove (8th September 2011), Mystique (1st September 2011), Möbius (6th September 2011), Providence (7th September 2011), Realeyes (1st September 2011), Tenzin (31st August 2011), Terra (30th August 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

Default Re: Nassim Haramein

Thank You Onawah. It is a pleasure to see his brilliant exposure of the new physics again and again.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

I'm a huge fan.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Again, I feel compelled to comment:
    I have spoken previously about Haramein. (See my thread: Nassim Haramein - Fraud or Sage?) This man is not a physicist. He is clearly delusional, and while he has many theories which, for lack of a better word, sound intriguing, it is not physics at all. I can understand that within this community, there are very few people with the scientific fortitude to distinguish BS from good science. This is disturbing, as it seriously harms the credibility of good researchers.

Haramein is nothing but a skilled speaker, not a physicist. Anyone with at least a modest physics background (high-school) can spot the blatant flaws with Haramein's theories.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

Argos (3rd September 2011), DoubleHelix (31st August 2011), Mad Hatter (16th October 2011), Maia Gabrial (2nd September 2011), silvanelf (21st May 2019), StateOfTheHeart (31st August 2011)

7. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We are all welcome to our opinions here, and even scientific theory is a matter of opinion, to a degree.
    Nassim has received accolades from other physicists, and one of his papers has won an award.
    I don't think one has to be a physicist to understand common sense.

Following is a description from a site called "Pure Energy Systems at:
    http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo...ect_Foundation

"He has spent most of his life researching the fundamental geometry of hyperspace, studying a variety of fields from theoretical physics, cosmology, quantum mechanics, biology and chemistry to anthropology and ancient civilizations. He developed a new unification theory, known as the Haramein-Rauscher metric (a new solution to Einstein's Field Equations that incorporates torque and Coriolis effects) and his most recent paper The Schwarzschild Proton, lays down the foundation of what could be a fundamental change in our current understandings of physics and consciousness. This groundbreaking theory has now been delivered to the scientific community through peer-reviewed papers and presentations at international physics conferences. Further, The Schwarzschild Proton paper has recently received the prestigious "Best Paper Award" in the field of physics, quantum mechanics, relativity, field theory, and gravitation at the University of Liège, Belgium during the 9th International Conference CASYS'09.

In the past 20 years, Mr. Haramein has directed research teams of physicists, electrical engineers, mathematicians and other scientists. He has founded a non-profit organization, the Resonance Project Foundation, where, as the Director of Research, he continues exploring unification principles and their implications in our world today. The foundation is actively developing a research park on the island of Hawaii where science, sustainability, and green technology come together. "

Here is a list of some of his papers:
    " The Schwarzschild Proton, by Nassim Haramein
    Spinors, Twistors, Quaternions, and the “Spacetime” Torus Topology, by Nassim Haramein and E.A. Rauscher.
    Scale Unification – A Universal Scaling Law For Organized Matter (PDF), by Nassim Haramein, Michael Hyson, and E.A. Rauscher.
    Collective Coherent Oscillation Plasma Modes In Surrounding Media of Black Holes and Vacuum Structure – Quantum Processes with Considerations of Spacetime Torque and Coriolis Forces (PDF), by Nassim Haramein and E.A. Rauscher.
    “The Origin of Spin: A Consideration of Torque and Coriolis Forces in Einstein’s Field Equations and Grand Unification Theory”, by Nassim Haramein and E.A. Rauscher."

I like these comments from one blogger at:
    http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/for...t=1563&start=0

"Post by Mystery » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:47 pm
    Before something becomes mainstream, it is known for a long time by a few people long before that. The founder of Quantum Physics, it took about what... 50 years before what he said became mainstream? Copernicus died before people accepted that the Earth wasn't flat. Galileo was jailed for saying that. All these new discoveries were known but controverted long before they were globally accepted.

When it comes to technologies related to the vacuum making 96% of the Universe, people have known for thousands and thousands of years that we were all connected. That's nothing new. You don't need to understand it from a physics point of view to achieve miracles or heal cancers. I know one guy (Daniel Pomerleau) who generates electricity from nothing and he doesn't need anything to do it. I heard of a few people who could levitate but I'm still skeptic about that one since I never saw anything close to it myself yet. If someone can do it doesn't mean it can be reproduced by scientists.

Technologies of the vacuum are technologies of consciousness. You can access these new doors from your mind without needing to understand it. In fact, analyzing it on a mental level will create mental noise that will prevent you from accessing those planes. You must silence your rational mind and bridge the gap between the conscious and non-conscious minds. All Shamans and healers have done that for thousands of years.

It terms of validating these theories, it is easy for people who are clairvoyant (who can see energies), clairaudient (who can hear energies), clairfeeling (who can feel energies) or clairknowing (who simply know what is). People like me and many others can see emotions and fears in other people and the way energies are connected between people through time and space. When you see it with your mind's eye, it's just a matter of validating whether the theory you hear matches what you see. If someone told you gravity was making apples fly up and you saw the apples falling on the ground, you would know it isn't right because you can see it. There are lots of people who see energies but not everybody openly talks about it.

What is very new is that we're finally bridging the gap between spirituality and science which have been two totally separate sciences for a very long time.
    I believe in the warrior in whom the old ways joined the new."

I think Nassim is a visionary, which puts him in a unique category, and beyond that, he is a concerned, compassionate, loving soul. That puts him very far ahead of the game in a big way; his biggest problem is probably that those who are not visionaries are going to take a long time catching up to him.
    The intellect is just a tool, but those who can join intellect with the vastness of spiritual understanding have the ability to change the world for the good, and IMHO, our world needs more like him.

Apparently Kerry and Bill think he has something good to offer too too, or he would not be one of the presenters at the Awake and Aware Conference.

Personally, I can't wait to hear what Bob Dean, David Wilcock and Graham Hancock have to say about him. I'm pretty sure it's going to be very positive and interesting.

Quote Posted by CyRus (here)
    Again, I feel compelled to comment:
    I have spoken previously about Haramein. (See my thread: Nassim Haramein - Fraud or Sage?) This man is not a physicist. He is clearly delusional, and while he has many theories which, for lack of a better word, sound intriguing, it is not physics at all. I can understand that within this community, there are very few people with the scientific fortitude to distinguish BS from good science. This is disturbing, as it seriously harms the credibility of good researchers.

Haramein is nothing but a skilled speaker, not a physicist. Anyone with at least a modest physics background (high-school) can spot the blatant flaws with Haramein's theories.
    Last edited by onawah; 31st August 2011 at 05:06.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

mountain_jim (7th September 2011), NancyV (6th September 2011), Realeyes (1st September 2011), sandy (2nd September 2011), Unified Serenity (31st August 2011)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,781 times in 8,388 posts

If it's not Physics, maybe Physics is wrong.

I don't agree with all his ideas but I sure do agree with the way he thinks.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Anno (31st August 2011), Holly Lindin (4th September 2011), Mad Hatter (16th October 2011), Mark (31st August 2011), Richard S. (31st August 2011), soulseeker (31st August 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm one of those with a "modest physics background (high-school)". But common sense also goes a long way as well.

What Nassim says about his understanding of physics makes sense . He explains it very well and doesn't need all the jargon to explain it.

He explains that current physics has gaping holes in it , he tries to explain it and give his version of a unified field theory.

His theory might sound like complete BS to you , but he sure makes very good sense of it.

Have a nice day

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to soulseeker For This Post:

NancyV (6th September 2011), onawah (31st August 2011), Realeyes (1st September 2011), Unified Serenity (31st August 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Maybe an exposition and discussion of these 'blatant flaws' is called for... It is definitely not enough simply to state that a schoolboy can spot them. Schoolboys are notorious for their occasional incomplete understanding

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Anno (31st August 2011), christian (2nd September 2011), NeoEmc2 (2nd September 2011), Richard S. (31st August 2011), Tenzin (31st August 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Maybe an exposition and discussion of these 'blatant flaws' is called for... It is definitely not enough simply to state that a schoolboy can spot them. Schoolboys are notorious for their occasional incomplete understanding
    Fair enough, how about the obvious fact that the mass of a Supermassive Black Hole is estimated to be about 10^5-10^9 Msun:
    Haramein's 'theory' is built upon the fact that the nucleus of every atom is a black hole. If this was the case each one of us would weigh more than about 10^20 Mount Everests.. (Does that make sense?) In addition to this, has anyone of you read Nassim's paper? It looks to me as if he has taken some random formulas from Wikipedia, tweaked them a little, and written his own personal interpretation in between. It is not a physics paper! I urge you to skim through his, and then read a PhD level physics paper and spot the difference..

His 'esteemed' paper is far from being peer-reviewed...in fact, that is another thing that really grates on my grain:
    Haramein consistently boasts that his paper one a best paper award at some conference, the fact he fails to mention however, is that award is approximately as prestigious as my homework. The conference in question is on Control Systems, not physics. In other words, the participants at the conference do not have the qualifications to vote this paper the best, as they do not know physics! It probably just sounded good to them, as it does to you!

Yet again, physics is not subjective! The majority of modern physics we understand completely, however, the question is if there perhaps is another fundamental force that can account for consciousness or not. (I believe consciousness is a fundamental component of nature) What Haramein is doing is incorrectly reinterpreting modern physics, an act that is redundant! We understand it, and yet he incorrectly tries to reinterpret this (incorrectly!).

Haramein is clearly someone, (puts my Freudian cap on) who has lacked a father figure in his life, and has been coddled by his mother. She inflated his ego by appealing to his intelligence (he probably has a slightly over average IQ), and he took this at face value. After having grappled with simple physics problems, he probably started to add his own flawed metaphysical reasoning behind this and started to develop his own theories. The problem is, however, that his maths is appalling (a fact he admits to) and therefore he fails to see the fatal errors of his own theories. He has these wonderful ideas, but cannot see that they are wrong due to his lack of education...

He is a fool, and a somewhat tragic individual. However, I know many of you will shrug this off to closed-mindedness and willful ignorance. (How dare he insult my hero? He must be a closed minded pseudoskeptic..."#¤!¤)

I know many scientific theories were first deemed ridiculous and then embraced as fact. However, these theories were scientifically sound to begin with, but the paradigm was faulty. In this case, the theories are not scientifically sound!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

Argos (3rd September 2011), Mad Hatter (16th October 2011), NancyV (6th September 2011), silvanelf (17th October 2019)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 times in 204 posts

I read the blog. I am impressed by the amount of effort that went into discrediting him by some individuals, to a point it seems to me it is coming from a hurt ego. As long as anyone raises argument with reference to Nassim's mainstream qualification, he gravely compromises his own credibility. It may work on sheeple, but not us here.

If anyone is so confident and eager to prove him a fraud, please, present the arguments directly to Nassim himself and let us hear his response in public. That's the only way people can tell when majority of the people know nuts about those equations and theories.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tenzin For This Post:

Anno (31st August 2011), Firinn (6th September 2011), NeoEmc2 (2nd September 2011), onawah (31st August 2011), Richard S. (31st August 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tenzin (here)
    I read the blog. I am impressed by the amount of effort that went into discrediting him by some individuals, to a point it seems to me it is coming from a hurt ego. As long as anyone raises argument with reference to Nassim's mainstream qualification, he gravely compromises his own credibility. It may work on sheeple, but not us here.

If anyone is so confident and eager to prove him a fraud, please, present the arguments directly to Nassim himself and let us hear his response in public. That's the only way people can tell when majority of the people know nuts about those equations and theories.
    You people are so arrogant it comes across offensive! Sheeple indeed.. To be honest I am starting to think that the majority of the intelligence in this forum left in the great exodus.

A hurt ego? I see a man who is trying his hardest to convey good science and mathematic rigour into pointing out Haramein's errors, and I see Haramein's supporters as the ones with a hurt ego. Whilst Bob-athon's arguments are logical and sound, Haramein's fanatical fans are using all sorts of condescending names and informal arguments to support their cause. (Pseudoskeptic, closed-minded..etc)

Also, there was an exchange of letters between Bob-athon and Haramein, and Haramein came across appallingly. He seemed anxious and frightened, and he obviously did not have nearly as much scientific/mathematical knowledge as Bob-athon. (A school teacher I might add, not a physicist on par with Einstein)

I implore you all to read the blog, and make up your mind. I understand that many of you will not bother, as you would rather remain ignorant and think that anyone criticizing Haramein is a pseudo-skeptic, sheeple etc. If you are so eager to believe Haramein's nonsense that you fail to use critical thinking, and through all logic and common-sense out the window, then good riddance. If you do not have the intellectual curiosity to look at both sides of every issue, then you are a fool and deserve to throw away your money on Haramein's drivel...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

Argos (3rd September 2011), Mad Hatter (16th October 2011), Normalguy31 (2nd September 2011), pwn_thyself (4th September 2011), silvanelf (17th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I am suggesting that you present it better to make your point and my apologies that it appears harsh. Whenever people start hurling insults and accusations first to make a point, I take what comes after that with a grain of salt.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tenzin For This Post:

Anno (31st August 2011), Mad Hatter (16th October 2011), NeoEmc2 (2nd September 2011), onawah (31st August 2011), thunder24 (31st August 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I am suggesting that you present it better to make your point and my apologies that it appears harsh. Whenever people start hurling insults and accusations first to make a point, I take what comes after that with a grain of salt.
    Right back at ya mate. "It may work on sheeple, but not us here." <----- How can this not be taken as an insult? So this is how it works is it:
    You subtly insult me by calling me a sheep, I react, and call you out on your BS, and then I get accused of hurling insults? Brilliant. At least your critical faculties are in order then...

Otherwise as I said, if you want evidence that Nassim Haramein is a fool (if it isn't obvious already!) read this blog:
    http://azureworld.blogspot.com/2010/...-bobathon.html

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

Argos (3rd September 2011), loveandgratitude (31st August 2011), Tenzin (31st August 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Wow... Please, I'd like to know that you are right with your input, as I have clearly announced my lack of better intelligence when I say most people know nuts about those mathematics. We are all looking for answers. I look forward to you or perhaps a representation to make a stand out and confront Nassim with those arguments. That's the main point of my response so far.

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

For examples, consult Bob-athon's blog. He explains it far better than I ever could. More specifically, here is an outline of some of his errors:

http://azureworld.blogspot.com/2010/...ge-part-2.html (It is only 1 page or so, and interesting reading)

Also, for the scientific errors Haramein makes:
    http://azureworld.blogspot.com/2010/...nassim.html#s2

27. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If you and Bob-athon are right, Cyrus, time will surely tell.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th October 2011)

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

You people are so arrogant it comes across offensive! Sheeple indeed.. To be honest I am starting to think that the majority of the intelligence in this forum left in the great exodus.

A hurt ego? I see a man who is trying his hardest to convey good science and mathematic rigour into pointing out Haramein's errors, and I see Haramein's supporters as the ones with a hurt ego. Whilst Bob-athon's arguments are logical and sound, Haramein's fanatical fans are using all sorts of condescending names and informal arguments to support their cause. (Pseudoskeptic, closed-minded..etc)

Also, there was an exchange of letters between Bob-athon and Haramein, and Haramein came across appallingly. He seemed anxious and frightened, and he obviously did not have nearly as much scientific/mathematical knowledge as Bob-athon. (A school teacher I might add, not a physicist on par with Einstein)

I implore you all to read the blog, and make up your mind. I understand that many of you will not bother, as you would rather remain ignorant and think that anyone criticizing Haramein is a pseudo-skeptic, sheeple etc. If you are so eager to believe Haramein's nonsense that you fail to use critical thinking, and through all logic and common-sense out the window, then good riddance. If you do not have the intellectual curiosity to look at both sides of every issue, then you are a fool and deserve to throw away your money on Haramein's drivel...
    There was a bit of an exchange took place between Bob-a-thon and Haramein, legitimate issues were raised and Haramein's defense is that there is a conspiracy among physicists to suppress his work. And nothing about the issues raised was directly addressed.

Here's some more sheeples discussing the flaws in his papers:
    http://www.sciencefile.org/cgi-bin/y...1251881447/all
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 1st September 2011 at 21:57. Reason: change from CODE to URL, so link acts like a link

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bitworm For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th October 2011)

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bitworm (here)

There was a bit of an exchange took place between Bob-a-thon and Haramein, legitimate issues were raised and Haramein's defense is that there is a conspiracy among physicists to suppress his work. And nothing about the issues raised was directly addressed.

Here's some more sheeples discussing the flaws in his papers:
    http://www.sciencefile.org/cgi-bin/y...1251881447/all
    Yes, and there has been posted a rebuttal by Bob-athon. Haramein comes across as a fool, and he is unable to defend his theories scientifically. He just rambles on about some conspiracy, and fails to address the legitimate issues... It is really frustrating as to why people still persist in believing bollocks even when faced with the evidence! Are people so insecure that they cannot think for themselves, and therefore follow some self-proclaimed genius just because their reality is based around his ideas! There are other ideas that are equally brilliant and scientifically sound that support a spiritual reality, but Haramein, no matter how you look at it, is wrong!

Also, those 'sheeple' you refer to, are actually called physicists. They have studied the subject for at least three years, and therefore obviously know much more than many of on the subject, yet you pretend you have the authority to disregard them?

Imagine if I came into your place of work without having any knowledge of what you do, and called you all sheeple for doing what you have been doing for years, and saying my random way of doing things are better:

Would you view me as a prophet, or a mental-case? Really, the arrogance is astounding!

Physics is a really difficult subject, and you cannot pretend to understand it without having spent years learning advanced mathematics.
    Last edited by CyRus; 1st September 2011 at 22:18.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

Argos (3rd September 2011), Mad Hatter (16th October 2011), silvanelf (17th October 2019)

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Hey Cyrus,

I have enjoyed viewing the Haramein videos. I do believe there is something to sacred geometry, but I am not very up on higher level maths. I am going to read the blogs you have posted because I do believe in suspending one's "beliefs" and review information from both sides, and see if it will change any of my previous beliefs. It is the only way I have managed to grow and accept that things aren't always as they seem. Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

34. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

They said very much the same kind of thing about Einstein in the beginning of his career, one reason why I reserve judgement.
    Scientists are often blinded by the amount of theory they swallow simply because it is "accepted".
    We see that all the time now, and it is a subject for many whistleblower reports in academic fields.
    The scientific community is just as prone to mind control and programming as any other community, perhaps more so.
    Similar things have been said about Graham Hancock, Velikovsky, Z. Sitchin.
    And yet many people with no training whatsoever in their fields have been able to intuit that they are onto something.
    Personally, I think that is cause for celebration!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Mad Hatter (16th October 2011), Sierra (4th September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast