1. Link to Post #101
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,446 times in 21,494 posts

Default Re: Healthy Teeth - Or How Toothpaste Causes Most Dental Problems

Quote Posted by skyflower (here)
    I just wanted to share that I found this new toothpaste that is glycerin and fluoride free. I am using it and my teeth feel so clean and smooth! It's called earthpaste from Redmond.
    Looks nice. From http://www.earthpaste.com/about-earthpaste/
    Our Ingredients:
    • Purified Water
    • Food Grade Redmond Clay®
    • Xylitol
    • Redmond Real Salt®
    • Tea Tree Oil
    • Menthol
    • Peppermint
    • Wintergreen
    • Cinnamon
    Thanks.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021), Mark (28th September 2012), Pam (12th October 2021), seko (26th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #102
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,524 times in 1,560 posts

I've noticed a huge improvement in my teeth of late. A while ago I gave up toothpaste and started brushing with sea salt and baking soda. And again in the last two months I have given up grains and sugar. My mind is now clear, I don't get as tired (used to get really low energy about four pm) and I'm not getting plaque on my teeth. I now eat fruit veg, protein, raw milk and water, (pure water from our spring). Man do I suffer if I do eat any crap. I wake up with a hangover!

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), DoubleHelix (21st February 2013), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021), nomadguy (4th October 2012), Pam (12th October 2021), seko (26th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (28th September 2012)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

I just want to add that sodium laurel sulfate (or the more caustic is sodium laureth sulfate) is engine degreaser. I'm willing to bet that is what is eating away at tooth enamel....

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), janette (13th October 2021), Pam (12th October 2021), seko (26th December 2012)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,463 times in 2,850 posts

I'd like to thank you, Dawn, for this article. I read it last year when you posted it and stopped using toothpaste immediately. In the year since, my teeth have also improved dramatically. Whiter, no pain like I used to have occasionally. I've got some deeper issues, I think, because I have old fillings, mercury and amalgam, and a couple of root canals that I have to take care of eventually. I think they may be implicit in a numbness Ive been feeling in my cheek for a couple years now and a throbbing pain that has subsided since I've been brushing with soap, but I still feel sometimes. When I get the money, they're gone, if they have to pull them out by the roots.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021), seko (26th December 2012), TargeT (28th September 2012)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Doing oral washes with mms once a week eleminated a long term problem of tooth sensitivity from a mercury removal I had done4 or 5 years ago. A filling was done instead of a root canal as the dentist thought it might be worth a try. My new dentist (biomemetic dentistry) said that that tooth hurt because there was still decay that the other guy didnt get all out. I couldnt chew comfortably on that side for 4 years at least. After mms rinses the pain is all gone. Goes to show that the mms really penetrates the tooth I would assume.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

CdnSirian (28th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), DoubleHelix (21st February 2013), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), Eram (28th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021), Mark (28th September 2012), nomadguy (4th October 2012), seko (26th December 2012), Swan (28th September 2012), TargeT (28th September 2012)

11. Link to Post #106
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Redmond products are good, and I've sometimes brushed my teeth with the clay. The paste sounds easier to use...nothing like having a mouthful of dirt! Even clean dirt.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Dawn (30th September 2012), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), janette (13th October 2021)

13. Link to Post #107
    England Avalon Member therinkydinktink's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I'm taking your advice too Dawn thanks.
    I did a dental hygiene course through work a while ago and the dental nurse who taught it recommended toothpaste with a fluoride content of 1400 ppm (parts per million) nice to know they think the more poisonous the better.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to therinkydinktink For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021), Pam (12th October 2021)

15. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

I began using the Dr. Bronners peppermint soap (4-5 drops) and equal parts baking soda/sea salt for an abrasive.
    I love it! and the combo is VERY inexpensive.
    Why not now?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021)

17. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Nice! I stopped brushing my teeth when I noticed as a child that the fluoride made my head feel funny. Haven't ever had any problems, the dentists always applaud my "vigorous and unrelenting hygiene"....

But maybe I'll start using this Dr Bronners Peppermint Bar Soap stuff!
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

CdnSirian (29th September 2012), Dawn (30th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021), Pam (12th October 2021)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Actually it is a liquid soap, and they sell in in a 2oz bottle, which is only $2.99
    http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/OLPE02...LiquidSoap.htm
    Why not now?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Dawn (30th September 2012), janette (13th October 2021)

21. Link to Post #111
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 times in 1,149 posts

Quote RAHKYT: I'd like to thank you, Dawn, for this article. I read it last year when you posted it and stopped using toothpaste immediately. In the year since, my teeth have also improved dramatically. Whiter, no pain like I used to have occasionally. I've got some deeper issues, I think, because I have old fillings, mercury and amalgam, and a couple of root canals that I have to take care of eventually. I think they may be implicit in a numbness Ive been feeling in my cheek for a couple years now and a throbbing pain that has subsided since I've been brushing with soap, but I still feel sometimes. When I get the money, they're gone, if they have to pull them out by the roots.
    Rahkyt, some of the people on Avalon feel like long time friends, you are one of them. I think you saw my post, but in case you didn't ... please do everything possible to remove your root canals. The numbness in your cheek is not a good sign! That is how infected root canals often present. You do not feel these root canal infections in your teeth, but in the rest of your face and jaw. I very nearly died from an infected root canal which I had removed in April of this year. It has been a long slow recovery. My dentist was not sure I would recover because my health had deteriorated so badly. I am still not 100% well, but I am so much better that each day is a delightful discovery of what is showing up now?! PLEASE beg, borrow, or steal the money to have your root canals removed.... you can afford dentures or what ever later. I had no front teeth for several months during my recovery process and I am glad I went through it all... even the humiliation of looking like a 'bag lady' for a while.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

janette (13th October 2021), music (7th June 2013), Pam (12th October 2021)

23. Link to Post #112
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 times in 463 posts

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    I very nearly died from an infected root canal which I had removed in April of this year. It has been a long slow recovery. My dentist was not sure I would recover because my health had deteriorated so badly. I am still not 100% well, but I am so much better that each day is a delightful discovery of what is showing up now?! PLEASE beg, borrow, or steal the money to have your root canals removed.... you can afford dentures or what ever later. I had no front teeth for several months during my recovery process and I am glad I went through it all... even the humiliation of looking like a 'bag lady' for a while.
    Hi Dawn

what did you do about the gap left by having the root canal removed. This can be a problem - as if you leave a gap, the remaining teeth will move, and affect your bite. Dentures with bits of metal and plastic dont sound much fun, and I suspect implants may be just as bad as root canals

24. The Following User Says Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

janette (13th October 2021)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

Quote Leavesoftrees: what did you do about the gap left by having the root canal removed. This can be a problem - as if you leave a gap, the remaining teeth will move, and affect your bite. Dentures with bits of metal and plastic dont sound much fun, and I suspect implants may be just as bad as root canals
    Interesting topic. Both my holistic dentist and his daughter/receptionist have many missing molars which they have chosen NOT to replace at all at this time. Obviously they do not like the choices available in dentistry- cost is certainly not the issue for either of them. They are just leaving the gap. However, in my case... missing front teeth are simply not socially acceptable. No matter who you are, missing front teeth are just too confrontational for most people to deal with, and they become fascinated with the gap while you are talking to them.

When you have front teeth (or any other teeth) removed, you can have a 'stay plate' or 'flipper' made for temporary use. In my case, I was allergic to the plastic that is used to make these, so my temporary plate (with fake teeth attached) caused my tongue to swell and tingle. I compromised by wearing my temporary plate an hour or 2 daily, to keep the space open where my teeth had been, until a permanent denture could be built.

Actually, dentists in the know do have the ability to install implants that are totally made from non-metalic crystaline-ceramic called zirconia. I could have gone this way, however I have lost so much bone from the infection that I would have needed the implantation of a 'bone stimulating' grid made from cellulose, followed by a number of months to allow bone growth. Finally a ceramic implant with a special plastic cover over it to protect my mouth while the bone was growing around the implant could be installed. Then about 6-8 months later 'teeth' could be attached to the implants. Estimated time for all of this was 1.5 years and I decided it sounded pretty invasive.... not to mention expensive and time consuming.

My decision for a denture was all about trying NOT to further traumatize my body. My denture and I are working to become friends. I have only had it for about 5 days now. It is a non-allergen, however I am not totally comfortable with it in, so I spend much of the day at home toothless. I will say this, it does not come out when eating... in fact it is extremely difficult to get out, even though it is all plastic and it did not involve 'prepping' any of my other teeth to fit. I am now presentable to the world with passable front teeth.

But.. if my problem had been molars I might just have left everything alone to heal and remain empty.

I did hear a rumor of real actual natural teeth implants with stem cells being performed somewhere in the Carribean Islands. If anyone knows of this I hope they will take a moment to post information about it.

PS: After reading all the wonderful information supplied by Avalon members on this site I have now settled on using straight baking soda to brush my teeth with. My mouth likes it.
    Last edited by Dawn; 1st October 2012 at 23:58.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd October 2012), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), janette (13th October 2021), leavesoftrees (3rd October 2012)

27. Link to Post #114
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,446 times in 21,494 posts

Quote Posted by leavesoftrees (here)
    ... and I suspect implants may be just as bad as root canals
    The implant (titanium post) that I had removed last month was worse than any of my several root canal treated teeth. It had a larger pocket of former bone that had been converted to generating toxins. I had it removed first, and just that alone has left me feeling much better.

My dentist uses an EDS 2000 Electrodermal Screening System to test for what substances are compatible with my body. According to that system, I shouldn't have zirconium implants either. However I have doubts about the accuracy of that EDS 2000 result. I even bought a Test Kit, and had my dentist see if the EDS 2000 could tell whether MSG and Vit C was more compatible for me. It couldn't -- randomly deciding both compounds were both good and bad for me.

I'm going with permanently missing teeth in the far back, bridges for the molars in between, and a cantilever for the one missing front tooth. If I run out of money before completing this project, I might have to go with partial dentures instead of bridges in some places.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd October 2012), janette (13th October 2021), leavesoftrees (3rd October 2012)

29. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Healing Bone Infections the Easy Way
    I have remembered something I'd like to report here... how I healed my bone infection at home and without antibiotics. I used:
    1- a Sota magnetic pulser
    2- a Beck device for blood cleaning
    3- home made ozonated water after each session to eliminate toxic die off symptoms
    4- a few drops colloidal silver before each blood cleaning session to stimulate stem cell formation
    5- extra vitamin D2 to support a healthy immune system

This information might be important to someone else recovering from bad dentistry. The bone infection I had extended many inches into my skull, and also into my eye sockets, so that removal of infected bone was not possible. It took a concerted effort to remember to do these treatments daily for 4-6 weeks. This combination of treatment methods worked well and I saved my body from facing a course of antibiotics.

Magnetic pulsers were recommended by Bob Beck in his protocol for treating deep areas where there is poor blood circulation, such as bones and joints.

Beck blood cleaners use electrodes strapped to the wrist which emit a low pulse and clean pathogens from the blood. If you are unaware of Bob Beck and his protocols you can find tons of info by typing: Bob Beck Blood Cleaner into a Google search.

Quote Paul: The implant (titanium post) that I had removed last month was worse than any of my several root canal treated teeth. It had a larger pocket of former bone that had been converted to generating toxins. I had it removed first, and just that alone has left me feeling much better.
    This supports what my holistic dentist told me about titanium. He said that the medical profession was no longer using it because some people had actually died from titanium toxicity. My sister had a titanium plate put into her shattered ankle to stabilize it while healing. After a year her lower leg had turned jet black, so she had the plate removed. That was 3 years ago and she still has a jet black area that is about 2" x 6" on her leg above the area where the titanium was.

According to my highly educated dentist NO METAL of any kind should be installed in the mouth because of its electrical properties which influence the body's electrical system causing problems all over the body.
    Last edited by Dawn; 2nd October 2012 at 11:15.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd October 2012), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), janette (13th October 2021), kanishk (26th December 2012), nomadguy (3rd October 2012), Swan (2nd October 2012), ThePythonicCow (2nd October 2012)

31. Link to Post #116
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,985 times in 463 posts

thanks Dawn for the information about your treatment options. I know two or three people with dentures that sit in their bathroom cupboards because they are too uncomfortable to wear. Good luck with getting used to yours

This supports what my holistic dentist told me about titanium. He said that the medical profession was no longer using it because some people had actually died from titanium toxicity. My sister had a titanium plate put into her shattered ankle to stabilize it while healing. After a year her lower leg had turned jet black, so she had the plate removed. That was 3 years ago and she still has a jet black area that is about 2" x 6" on her leg above the area where the titanium was.

According to my highly educated dentist NO METAL of any kind should be installed in the mouth because of its electrical properties which influence the body's electrical system causing problems all over the body.

That could be expanded to NO METAL of any kind should be installed in the body

A friend has recently had an ankle reconstruction, which has been giving him non stop pain. I feel it might be the titanium hammered onto the ends of his poor bones

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

4evrneo (3rd October 2012), Dawn (14th October 2012), janette (13th October 2021)

33. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

Thank you Dawn for all this wonderful info. I wish I had read this before I had an implant put in last year. Have no problems that I am aware of yet but I am glad I know now this could cause some issues.
    Blessings,
    Annette

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Dawn (14th October 2012), DoubleHelix (14th October 2012), janette (13th October 2021)

35. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

This post isn't about toothpaste, but it is about toxic dentistry. Here is a fairly comprehensive radio interview that begins with
    1. A woman who has been ill since age 10, but became totally healthy after toxic dentistry was corrected.
    2. An excellent interview with a naturalistic dentist. He says 100% of root canals, and almost all wisdom teeth extractions become highly toxic and poisonous to the body... resulting in serious systemic illnesses.

By the way, my health has become stronger and stronger since my root canal with its accompanying metal post were removed in earlier in 2012.

Here's the link to the interview: http://webtalkradio.net/internet-tal...aster-dentist/

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

4evrneo (26th December 2012), DoubleHelix (21st February 2013), eaglespirit (26th December 2012), janette (13th October 2021), kanishk (26th December 2012), meat suit (26th December 2012), norman (26th December 2012), seko (26th December 2012), ThePythonicCow (26th December 2012)

37. Link to Post #119
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This thread has some great info!
    But a few years old now.
    Having just refused the dentists reccomendation of doing a Root Canal treatment on me - something told me it was not a natural thing to do, and I cant afford it anyway - I am taking more note of stuff like this and what I should be using to keep my teeth clean etc.
    I have a few questions if I may...
    What is MMS?
    And what is the current reccommendation for keeping teeth healthy with what is available easily enough in the UK?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th October 2021), janette (13th October 2021)

39. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,581 times in 32,794 posts

Quote Posted by safara (here)
    This thread has some great info!
    But a few years old now.
    Having just refused the dentists reccomendation of doing a Root Canal treatment on me - something told me it was not a natural thing to do, and I cant afford it anyway - I am taking more note of stuff like this and what I should be using to keep my teeth clean etc.
    I have a few questions if I may...
    What is MMS?
    And what is the current recommendation for keeping teeth healthy with what is available easily enough in the UK?
    Hey there, and many thanks for bumping the thread.

There are a couple of Avalon threads about root canal treatment. The summary: Don't do it!
    MMS is Miracle Mineral Solution (or sometimes called 'Miracle Mineral Supplement'). It was first developed and promoted by Jim Humble, and the current best source of information about this is Dr Andreas Kalcker. I know them both personally, and they're very fine people.

If you look up 'MMS' on the net, it's almost universally debunked and criticized in the mainstream, usually with a great deal of distortion that's either deliberate or very lazily mis-researched.

But it truly works. I've personally experienced something at first hand, before my own eyes, that could only be described as a miracle.

A middle-aged woman I knew had a disabling squint, caused by a mild brain injury in childhood. Her eyes pointed in slightly different directions, which had affected her eyesight, appearance, and confidence for 40 (forty) years.

Her eyes straightened right out after she took just a few drops of MMS. She was in a Zurich meditation group that I was part of, and we all saw what had happened.

It was extraordinary. Everyone in the room, who all knew her well, was just weeping with amazement. It could hardly be believed. But it really happened, and her cure was as permanent as it was inexplicable.

There are quite a number of Avalon threads about MMS. Search for "Jim Humble" (in quotes, to preserve the search term), and the threads will come up.

A few members have been critical or skeptical, and all I can say is that it does not appear to work for absolutely everyone. The mechanism really isn't fully understood. And it's not very pleasant to take, either! But I have some in my first aid pack because as a last resort — for anything at all, including covid — it may be very very useful.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

janette (13th October 2021), kudzy (17th October 2021), Pam (12th October 2021), safara (12th October 2021), Yoda (12th October 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 6 7 LastLast