Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with the ridicule of what we believe

1. Link to Post #1
    Great Britain Avalon Member seantimberwolf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 times in 332 posts

Default Dealing with the ridicule of what we believe

Today i had quite a shock.
    While i was at work today the conversation of 911 came up, with the anniversary coming up, and all the documentary's soon to be televised its no surprise.
    Whenever anything like this comes up at work there is a silent undertone of "will Sean say anything", they know what my interests are and know i like to say something if i feel it will inform and help people understand whats really going on in this world.
    So i bit, and entered the conversation, now what took place afterwards shocked me to the core.
    As soon as i began talking about the 911 incident in general, they began to change, they started to ask me questions about other parts of the alternative media i am interested in that i have mentioned before, ascension, Illuminati, 2012 you know the score guys!
    But there purpose to talk to me was to mock me, they kept asking me silly questions that they never wanted to know the answer too just to hear me talk then mock what i said.
    Now i don't mind being mocked i think we all get it, if your into alternative media you will encounter it eventually, but this was different, they were purposely asking me what i knew then waited for me to talk before mocking me,
    Effectively setting me up then taking advantage, it was quite hurtful considering these guys are supposed to be good mates.
    But i started to think that maybe something else was at work, like something trying to turn me off the idea through ridicule.
    Maybe it was just good old No'7 brand ignorance, maybe it was fear of what they cannot understand, but it seemed very odd to ask me a question then mock me when they hear the answer.
    Like they wanted to know, but couldn't except the answer.
    I believe maybe it is hard for people to try and understand that we are all connected and infinite consciousness, if they don't want to except that work and alcohol is not all that matters who am i to try and change them, its there current path, one day they will be as i am now once they have lived a few more lives to understand what matters.

Anyway the purpose of this post is to see if anyone has had similar experiences, especially with people close to them, and have they seemed interested then shy away when you tell them the answer to there question?

Thanks for reading guys much love, Sean
    "And if one man could stand tall, There would be hope for us all, Somewhere in the spirit of man!"

2. The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to seantimberwolf For This Post:

Anchor (1st September 2011), Art (1st September 2011), binemaya (1st September 2011), BMJ (1st September 2011), Corncrake (31st August 2011), D-Day (31st August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Davidallany (2nd September 2011), Davy (1st September 2011), DoubleHelix (1st September 2011), dreamer (31st August 2011), Ecnal61 (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Garry Irwin (1st September 2011), ghostrider (1st September 2011), gooty64 (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), Holly Lindin (1st September 2011), jagman (31st August 2011), Kerrigan (31st August 2011), Lisab (31st August 2011), Lost Soul (1st September 2011), Magnus (31st August 2011), mahalall (31st August 2011), Marianne (31st August 2011), Mark (2nd September 2011), meredith (31st August 2011), modwiz (1st September 2011), MorgaineFallen (31st August 2011), mosquito (1st September 2011), New Dawn (31st August 2011), Omni (1st September 2011), Pani (1st September 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), ponda (1st September 2011), Providence (1st September 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (2nd September 2011), Ruby L. (31st August 2011), shadowstalker (2nd September 2011), Simone (1st September 2011), Star1111 (1st September 2011), Sugarific (1st September 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), Tenzin (1st September 2011), TWINCANS (1st September 2011), WhiteFeather (31st August 2011), winnasboy (1st September 2011), winston smith1971 (1st September 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member dreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Dealing with the ridicule of what we believe

I have ben dealing with this as of late, and I've ben doing alot of self reflection over this. My wife is actually the one who is teaching me this lesson in humility. Not to say that she is being nearly cold and hurtfull as your mates, but from my wife, a simple roll of the eyes and a blow you off answer can really hit home, because we are speaking directly from our hearts. Also, I think that we live these lives in order to learn what we must to move to the next step. Well, humility of this kind is a first for me, so in a way I am thankfull for that from my wife. Another lesson learned, another notch on the belt.i am strong and can make it through anything!
    Blessed is he who clearly see's the world for the trees, to attain a birds eye is to turn a blizzard to a breeze.

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dreamer For This Post:

Buck (1st September 2011), D-Day (31st August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Davy (1st September 2011), DoubleHelix (1st September 2011), Ecnal61 (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), Holly Lindin (1st September 2011), jagman (31st August 2011), jsb_swampfox (1st September 2011), Kerrigan (31st August 2011), Lisab (31st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st September 2011), Marianne (31st August 2011), mosquito (1st September 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), Robert J. Niewiadomski (2nd September 2011), Ruby L. (31st August 2011), Simone (1st September 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), winston smith1971 (1st September 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

This will help you EMMENSELY, I know it did for me

It deals with the neurological responses to strongly held belifes and describes why people are treating you as you described (happens to me ALL the time...)

Athene's theory of everything:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=dbh5l0b2-0o

I'm not saying I liked 100% of it, but I cannot say that about anything, take from it what resonates with you... I KNOW you'll like it :D
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bridey (31st August 2011), Corncrake (31st August 2011), D-Day (31st August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), eq1 (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), loveandgratitude (1st September 2011), Marianne (31st August 2011), seantimberwolf (31st August 2011), Simone (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

This is a big part of the trap. Say the wrong things to the wrong people in the wrong way and it could easily lead to being labeled in a number of different ways.

The fact of the matter is that regardless if we fall into either the mainstream demographic or the alternative demographic, we are still dealing with a certain degree of uncertainty either way.
    The only advantage we can claim, being part of the alternative demographic is that we are aware of a wider "spread" of possible truths, rather than only the narrow path of truth that the mainstream demographic takes for certainty. This can be a powerful advantage, but we have to use it very carefully.

Those people who question your explorations might be genuinely curious but at the same time deeply afraid of falling out in any way with the status quo. The status quo is a very powerful force that binds society together. Perhaps in the old, limited model that was constructed for society to fit into, we actually needed that kind of status quo to keep society functional.

Now we are in a crossroads era where this may no longer necessarily be the case. The internet has opened the door to a huge portal of information that was previously inaccessible to most of us. While on one hand we must take everything new we find out about with a grain of salt, so too we realize we must take what we previously believed to be true with a grain of salt as well, something the mainstream demographic just isn't doing.

So, how are we going to look back on this crossroads era in a hundred years or however long from now? My guess is that we will have the early pioneers to thank - they are not the ones who simply went out and discovered there may be more to reality than what meets the eye given the kind of society we were born and raised into, they are the ones who first did that, and then went on to adapt their lives and relationships with other people accordingly.

I think we all go through a stage where what we discover accidentally blends in with our usual life, and this generally does not have a good outcome.
    Unfortunately the best thing to do in that situation is to sever that sphere of influence (connections to the people in our lives that represent crosswirings between alternative and mainstream demographics), and get a new start with much more cautious beginnings. Obviously doing that is not possible in all cases (dreamer's situation is a good example), so in those cases we must gradually transform the situation through self-moderation.

Appearing self-skeptical is an excellent idea, we can teach to those others who will remain an integral part of our lives that we were simply seeking a wider "spread" of possible truths. Many people mistakenly believe that you are actually substituting out the mainstream belief with the alternative one. If they can be convinced that you are simply weighing more likelihoods and not even trying to form any conclusive beliefs at all, they might begrudgingly realize that you have taken an even more clever approach than they did (simply believing things to be a certain way just because everyone else around them does).

If you do have a chance to start off again with a clean slate, say to yourself as you begin your new life for yourself (as I have done) "what is the real value in sharing my alternative views with these new people around me?"

I was lucky, in my case I found a way to adapt my alternative views towards the eventual creation of a project that will (strictly humbly speaking) hopefully be of great transformative value to society, all the while appearing to be working on normal, acceptable to mainstream society littler projects that on their own don't have any alternative quality about them whatsoever.

It's only when all those little projects get combined into the main, single project at the very end, that the alternative quality will be revealed. But by then it will be too late! (muahaha... )

What's the concept to take from that? It's that you have to be like a double agent, working on behalf of pushing society towards greater integration of alternative perspectives, but all the while operating functionally in mainstream society as "one of them". Don't crosswire the two demographics, let people in the mainstream find out about the alternative perspectives on their own, even if they come asking for it.

I know no one who is now operating in this way, that did not have at least once false start where things got crosswired in their lives beforehand. It's perfectly normal to have this happen, but the sad truth is that it's very hard to deal with being caught in that kind of a rift.

There are also the people who present themselves just as they are, out in the open, as someone who considers alternative perspectives. This can limit them out of certain things however, but for their chosen path it is an option.

I discuss this in more detail in the new thread Spirit(ual) Science, if you'd care to have a look. The author of those videos is one such person who took the other route of just putting themselves completely out in the open, ready to form a network of connections to others that would exclusively consist of people who appreciate alternative perspectives. I find that quite admirable, but in my case it is impossible given what I am working on.

take care,

eq

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to eq1 For This Post:

Corncrake (31st August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Davy (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Lisab (31st August 2011), loveandgratitude (1st September 2011), Omni (1st September 2011), panopticon (1st September 2011), ponda (1st September 2011), pwn_thyself (1st September 2011), Rog (31st August 2011), Sugarific (1st September 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), Tenzin (1st September 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Great Britain Avalon Member seantimberwolf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 times in 332 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    This will help you EMMENSELY, I know it did for me

It deals with the neurological responses to strongly held belifes and describes why people are treating you as you described (happens to me ALL the time...)

Athene's theory of everything:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=dbh5l0b2-0o

I'm not saying I liked 100% of it, but I cannot say that about anything, take from it what resonates with you... I KNOW you'll like it :D

Your right there TargeT, i did enjoy that, fantastic viewing, makes you think about how much we yet have to learn
    "And if one man could stand tall, There would be hope for us all, Somewhere in the spirit of man!"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seantimberwolf For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), TargeT (31st August 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by seantimberwolf (here)
    Maybe it was just good old No'7 brand ignorance
    G'day Sean,

Let it be a lesson learned. When alcohol is involved, don't even bother going there, as you are setting yourself up for a great fall. When sharing a few drinks with others, people do not want the proverbial rug pulled out from under their feet by your revelations. Rather, they want to share a common weakness with each other, thereby being comforted in knowing that they are not alone in their suffering. Alcohol will also bring out the pack mentality in your friends, and it is always the "odd one out" that will be attacked.

You are the courageous one for stepping out into the wilderness. They are the timid ones who rely on safety in numbers.

You will have far greater success by tackling your friends one at a time, preferably after they approach you, which they will do, in time.

This is also a test of your own conviction, as although it will always hurt when you are attacked by those who are close to you, you need to be able to fall back on the fact that it is you who have been empowered by knowledge, and it is they who are left drowning in their chosen state of ignorance.

Best Wishes,

Tony.

***** Post Update*****

Hey Sean,

I should've mentioned this before. You can turn a naysayer with just one or two irrefutible facts. So choose your subject matter carefully, and know it intimately. And when you speak, you must have total conviction in what you are saying. Never offer up your thoughts in an apologetic manner.
    Last edited by Heyoka_11; 1st September 2011 at 04:34.

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Your right there TargeT, i did enjoy that, fantastic viewing, makes you think about how much we yet have to learn
    Hey, thanks for actually watching it!

anyone who posts in this tread should, its profound information and it has really helped me with growing my empathy and understanding why people are "the way they are" haha

we are all here seeking knowledge, yet many of us are doing it at such a shalow level, simply viewing information putforward by other members of hte community seems like "a bridge too far" at times.

But then, think back to this video and you realise the saying "you can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink" is so true... (though so many "old wisdoms" are extremely true.. a lesson I've been re-learning of late)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), loveandgratitude (1st September 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

We, the awakened ones are all going through this together. We shall and will overcome. Hang in there friend we feel what you are going through, this i assure you.
    The truth will be exposed sooner than you may think.

The truth comes in 3 stages:
    1st- it is ridiculed
    2nd- it is violently opposed
    3rd- it is accepted
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 31st August 2011 at 22:08.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Anchor (1st September 2011), Art (1st September 2011), DoubleHelix (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), jagman (31st August 2011), modwiz (1st September 2011), mosquito (1st September 2011), Omni (1st September 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), TargeT (31st August 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

Hi mate, first off, I'm sorry to hear people do this to you, but don't let it get to you. I have the same thing - in fact just the other day I was having a totally normal chat to friends of mine at a small gathering, where a party was being thrown for someone I know.

There was only about 20 of her best friends and I was one of them. One of the girls cut me off mid sentence to start cracking jokes in a way of 'oh maybe it was the Aliens that did it' type of thing.

There was a feeling of disappointment and frustration from me for about a second, then I just ignored her and to carry on saying whatever it was I was saying in the first place.

Its not nice when people do this, especially in a room with only people that you know, but I just don't let myself care. Like David Icke said on Wogan "I don't give a damn"

The bottom line is, when someone says something like 9/11 was exactly what the government say it was, while taking the piss out of me for my beliefs, the most I will I tell them to do their research, as I have.

When they mock me for believing in aliens, the most I tell them is that I COULD mock them back for believing in God, but I don't. Besides, if they think I'm just a moron for believing in such things, they can take it up with stephen hawking.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to New Dawn For This Post:

Anchor (1st September 2011), Corncrake (31st August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), DoubleHelix (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), modwiz (1st September 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), ponda (1st September 2011), Rog (31st August 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

I would dare to say that most of "us", like minded people, have gone through the same kind of experience many times, with co-workers, friends and/or family (family being the worst of all), to the point of some times being told by some of them, to refrain from talking about any of this topics in their presence. At first it hurts, but then when you realize that your real job is to maintain your level of vibration at the highest level possible, you just understand that they will get it when their time come, whenever that may be.

I had a friend of mine fired from her job recently, for taking a stand for the truth.
    Last edited by Camilo; 2nd September 2011 at 14:47.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Corncrake (31st August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), Omni (1st September 2011), selinam (1st September 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

I've noticed that people who usually mock me, or are offended by the truth I tell are just....uncomfortable.
    It's like I am pulling the comfy covers from them in the morning, and they just don't like it. But they are listening, they just act like they are not.
    They are asking the questions. They may mock you, but they are still asking the questions.
    When the time is ripe for them, they will remember what you have said.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

Anchor (1st September 2011), Corncrake (31st August 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), DoubleHelix (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), jagman (31st August 2011), Rog (31st August 2011), Star1111 (1st September 2011), Swanette (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

Hi Sean - I am sorry you went through that. We are encouraged to be forgiving but it is not always easy. I am very careful about who I speak to - maybe even cowardly - just my instinct for self preservation! My husband has always kept his distance from all this and gently teases me from time to time about my interest in UFO's and conspiracies but the other day I got him to watch a documentary on you-tube about the origins of the Federal Reserve and he was really shocked. Surprisingly so. It has initiated some interesting conversations. My son has always teased me too but now he has a friend showing an interest and slowly he is climbing on board - even asked me to watch Zeitgeist with him the other day. So it does happen - slowly - but we are getting there!

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Art (1st September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (31st August 2011), jagman (31st August 2011), Omni (1st September 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), ponda (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Personally, I think one should use discernment when explaining these things to others. First, perhaps test the waters a bit, and see their stand on it. If it appears that they laugh at conspiracies, refrain from mentioning them. Make sure you have solid science behind your theories, for instance, life after death is a good one because there is so much evidence suggesting our consciousness survives bodily-death. (NDEs, OBEs, Psi research, mediumship studies, hallucinogens, regression hypnosis..to name but a few)

Then you could present the case as to why this evidence is not presented in the media, and allude to the fact that it is not in the interest of the institutions...

However, I think the illuminati/ascension is dodgy, because it is New-Age gobbledygook. I am sceptical of the illuminati, it seems strange to me how so few people can have so much power, and not leave any evidence of their existence. (Other than dodgy anecdotal testimony). Also, think of the amount of people that have to be involved in the conspiracy. Having said that, however, I do tend too see a lot of interesting research being ignored by the mainstream media, but that could also be to the faulty scientific paradigm that we abide by today...but you never know

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

Corncrake (1st September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), jagman (31st August 2011), Omni (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), TargeT (31st August 2011)

26. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

When I first woke up, right after 9/11, I talked to everyone I could, thinking that if enough of us realized the truth, we could change things. I was sadly mistaken. The experience humbled me and taught me new appreciation for those who have been on the path for much longer than me. I made a point to find and apologize to people I had previously mocked because I thought their beliefs were paranoid or crazy. Mostly these people were in forums or listservs, and I was spared the agony of facing them directly. It also made them easier to locate. There are others I couldn't find, and I owe them a big apology for being so defensive and ignorant. I see shades of myself when I meet pajama people (those still asleep and unwilling to wake up) so I give them a wide berth when they get onto their soapboxes and preach about the lunatic fringe. If their fervor and passion can one day be directed toward the truth, they will help to make awakened humanity a powerful wave of good. Until then, I try to stay in my integrity (I kinda suck at that) and hopefully they will see an example of what's it like to wake up to truth day after day after day.

Stay strong Sean and everyone on the thread and all Avaloners.
    Last edited by meredith; 31st August 2011 at 22:51.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meredith For This Post:

Corncrake (1st September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), Fred Steeves (1st September 2011), jagman (31st August 2011), Lord Sidious (1st September 2011), Omni (1st September 2011), Pete (31st August 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), TargeT (31st August 2011)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by eq1 (here)
    This is a big part of the trap. Say the wrong things to the wrong people in the wrong way and it could easily lead to being labeled in a number of different ways..................The author of those videos is one such person who took the other route of just putting themselves completely out in the open, ready to form a network of connections to others that would exclusively consist of people who appreciate alternative perspectives. I find that quite admirable, but in my case it is impossible given what I am working on.

take care,

eq
    These were a lot of good points and I'm glad you wrote this eq. I've seen this question and dilemma spring up before here and no greater consensus made. I've lived with this same dilemma my whole 23 years and I'd say in the last 1-2 years I've found my groove. It comes down to not arguing anything emotionally or abstractly. But bringing the whole gamut of conversation down to the street level of discussion and logic that everything else runs on.

It sounds stupid but you almost have to take the east coast meat-head chiding way of arguing and have the confidence in yourself for what you really believe and flip the whole thing around on everyone else. Almost as if someone from the future came back to you and laughed with you about how the majority of people in the future break the balls of and mock those who don't question like we do. So you have to take on the power of the fact that YOU'RE THE PIONEER. You're the example that everyone else is gonna start taking note of, so make it a proud example that stands it's ground cause maybe you do know exactly what you're talking about. Even or especially if like eq1 said you don't lay out some conclusive conspiracy theory but just consistently point out how off the mark everybody else’s' ideas are.

And this isn't about being aggressive with your arguments AT ALL. Just accept the fact now that never in one sitting are you going to convince somebody of something when it comes to these things. However, everything you do say to them WILL have an effect if you composed yourself properly. It really works the same way "out-of-mind" psychedelic experiences work. You have to accept that you very well are not going to comprehend a thing about what's happening to you during or even immediately after the experience. It's something that you work into your worldview over time, commonly called 'integration'.

How this really works is that you need to, when talking about it with people, simply not care to actually convince them of anything. It's the essence of you acting and exuding some over-reaching need to convince them and change them that makes them write off everything and anything you're saying. It's really how little you care to interrupt your daily routines to parent someone to reality that is going to convince them subconsciously that whatever madness you've accepted as reality allows you more solid ground than what they have. That in my opinion is the key.

My point overall is the counter of the old saying TargeT related
    Quote you realize the saying "you can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink" is so true... (though so many "old wisdoms" are extremely true.. a lesson I've been re-learning of late)
    You can't make it drink but you damn-well can influence it to. My dog when she was younger a lot of times would have some weird thing about not wanting to eat the food put out for her. And I was never really in any mood to see that food wasted and then have her bark at me later wanting fresh food. So instead of getting angry I enjoyed the process of getting on my hands and knees, putting my face right up to the food in the bowl, and blocking her access and line of sight with my shoulder. I would then with body language make it look like I was ravenously eating the food as if it was "That ****". I'd then move out of the way, licking my lips all contentedly again with body language saying, "Yo, you gotta have some of this." She would then step right in and devour the thing, like it was now somehow ok to eat it after I gave it the mark of approval.

Extremely stupid sounding and looking I'm sure, but it worked like a charm. And when it comes to explaining to people who think that investigating conspiracies in this world of all worlds is paranoid that we manifest into this dimension as magnetically bound light-gods, it's the same kind of attitude you have to take.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rog For This Post:

Corncrake (1st September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), eq1 (1st September 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), selinam (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), TargeT (31st August 2011)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by skyflower (here)
    I've noticed that people who usually mock me, or are offended by the truth I tell are just....uncomfortable.
    It's like I am pulling the comfy covers from them in the morning, and they just don't like it. But they are listening, they just act like they are not.
    They are asking the questions. They may mock you, but they are still asking the questions.
    When the time is ripe for them, they will remember what you have said.
    Actually, they WON'T remember, as you are physically forced into a state of narrow mindedness with selective short term memory retention tossed out the window....

seriously, watch the video I posted, it will make all of this so much more clear... you will finaly KNOW why they are being so frustrating and won't even listen to simple words

Quote Posted by Rog (here)
    These were a lot of good points and I'm glad you wrote this eq. I've seen this question and dilemma spring up before here and no greater consensus made. I've lived with this same dilemma my whole 23 years and I'd say in the last 1-2 years I've found my groove. It comes down to not arguing anything emotionally or abstractly. But bringing the whole gamut of conversation down to the street level of discussion and logic that everything else runs on.

It sounds stupid but you almost have to take the east coast meat-head chiding way of arguing and have the confidence in yourself for what you really believe and flip the whole thing around on everyone else. Almost as if someone from the future came back to you and laughed with you about how the majority of people in the future break the balls of and mock those who don't question like we do. So you have to take on the power of the fact that YOU'RE THE PIONEER. You're the example that everyone else is gonna start taking note of, so make it a proud example that stands it's ground cause maybe you do know exactly what you're talking about. Even or especially if like eq1 said you don't lay out some conclusive conspiracy theory but just consistently point out how off the mark everybody else’s' ideas are.

And this isn't about being aggressive with your arguments AT ALL. Just accept the fact now that never in one sitting are you going to convince somebody of something when it comes to these things. However, everything you do say to them WILL have an effect if you composed yourself properly. It really works the same way "out-of-mind" psychedelic experiences work. You have to accept that you very well are not going to comprehend a thing about what's happening to you during or even immediately after the experience. It's something that you work into your worldview over time, commonly called 'integration'.

How this really works is that you need to, when talking about it with people, simply not care to actually convince them of anything. It's the essence of you acting and exuding some over-reaching need to convince them and change them that makes them write off everything and anything you're saying. It's really how little you care to interrupt your daily routines to parent someone to reality that is going to convince them subconsciously that whatever madness you've accepted as reality allows you more solid ground than what they have. That in my opinion is the key.

My point overall is the counter of the old saying TargeT related
    Quote you realize the saying "you can lead a horse to water, but cannot make it drink" is so true... (though so many "old wisdoms" are extremely true.. a lesson I've been re-learning of late)
    You can't make it drink but you damn-well can influence it to. My dog when she was younger a lot of times would have some weird thing about not wanting to eat the food put out for her. And I was never really in any mood to see that food wasted and then have her bark at me later wanting fresh food. So instead of getting angry I enjoyed the process of getting on my hands and knees, putting my face right up to the food in the bowl, and blocking her access and line of sight with my shoulder. I would then with body language make it look like I was ravenously eating the food as if it was "That ****". I'd then move out of the way, licking my lips all contentedly again with body language saying, "Yo, you gotta have some of this." She would then step right in and devour the thing, like it was now somehow ok to eat it after I gave it the mark of approval.

Extremely stupid sounding and looking I'm sure, but it worked like a charm. And when it comes to explaining to people who think that investigating conspiracies in this world of all worlds is paranoid that we manifest into this dimension as magnetically bound light-gods, it's the same kind of attitude you have to take.
    yes your right, I definately over simplified it...

My tactic is to take somethign they hold as a "less important" belieif, one that is easily proven wrong (takes a bit of hunting usualy) then gently show how that belief is completely false then try to progress from there (this RARELY works).

and with your dog.. you simply don't understand pack behaviors, I bet your dog was pretty attentive to you right? was willing to listen to you quickly and probably you two shared a close relationship (common with dogs that see their owners as the pack leader) as well.. point is: this was a submissive manuver that your dog was doing, and you validated it by eating first then allowing it to eat (a common thing with packs) so I'd say your story was EXTREMELY applicable in that it shows how we can acomplish something while barely understanding the root causation of the outcome... but once you understand the underpinnings of a system it becomes much easier to work with it in a predictable manner.

WHICH brings me back to the video being helpful
    Last edited by TargeT; 31st August 2011 at 22:59.
    Where are you?

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), Rog (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011), the trojan (1st September 2011)

32. Link to Post #17
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

My relationship with 911 within my working life has caused me to change jobs. I've lost promotion and i've almost been physically assaulted at work. What I've learnt

Working teams have dynamics and specific characters. To overcome being the scapegoat of negativity and to be respected as the wizard you are! requires a wise use of guarding, selectively appropriate knowledge sharing, patience, and remember you are their in paid employment so concentrate on the job on hand, ha and enjoy the space to reflect!

I have to

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mahalall For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), jcocks (1st September 2011), modwiz (1st September 2011), New Dawn (31st August 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), Rog (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 312 posts

It is very difficult to bite your tongue and say nothing, especially when you are talking to people ignorant of the facts. But that is just your ego, you will never make much impact on a group of mates because very few people want to break ranks and suffer the same fate of ridicule. I'm sure if you were to speak quietly with each of these friends individually they would be far more receptive, but don't try and unload all at once. It took me personally, a long time to adjust to the paradigm shift and you can't expect others to travel that distance at a single sitting. they need to enquire be given a titbit and then left to discover for themselves. I have felt the awkwardness of going to far just because someone has showed interest. If in doubt say the bare minimum.

That said, I have discovered that the local student campus is very interested in the anonymous movement and there seems to be a definite interest to learn more. I have began to write a seminar to explain a single thread of disclosure that I have used when people raise the subject with me, my idea is to illustrate part of the problem to people. I'm considering a fairly shallow presentation just highlighting the manipulation of the banks how the grand daddy bush bank rolled Hitler and false flags. I'm thinking of actually advertising an evening at a local hall and see how it goes, I would welcome your comments and advice.

By the way I heard Alex Jones talk about David Ike; He said that he was a highly skilled speaker and told a very believable story but then just when he's got you eating out of his hand he goes and craps in the punch bowl by telling everyone that the elite, the queen, bush. kissinger are all a bunch of shape-shifting reptilians. Why does he do that? it's going great and then he over does it. It's just too far for people to go.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Post:

Corncrake (1st September 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), meredith (2nd September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

36. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

Today i had quite a shock.
    While i was at work today the conversation of 911 came up, with the anniversary coming up, and all the documentary's soon to be televised its no surprise.
    Whenever anything like this comes up at work there is a silent undertone of "will Sean say anything", they know what my interests are and know i like to say something if i feel it will inform and help people understand whats really going on in this world.
    So i bit, and entered the conversation, now what took place afterwards shocked me to the core.
    As soon as i began talking about the 911 incident in general, they began to change, they started to ask me questions about other parts of the alternative media i am interested in that i have mentioned before, ascension, Illuminati, 2012 you know the score guys!
    But there purpose to talk to me was to mock me, they kept asking me silly questions that they never wanted to know the answer too just to hear me talk then mock what i said.
    Now i don't mind being mocked i think we all get it, if your into alternative media you will encounter it eventually, but this was different, they were purposely asking me what i knew then waited for me to talk before mocking me,
    Effectively setting me up then taking advantage, it was quite hurtful considering these guys are supposed to be good mates.
    But i started to think that maybe something else was at work, like something trying to turn me off the idea through ridicule.
    Maybe it was just good old No'7 brand ignorance, maybe it was fear of what they cannot understand, but it seemed very odd to ask me a question then mock me when they hear the answer.
    Like they wanted to know, but couldn't except the answer.
    I believe maybe it is hard for people to try and understand that we are all connected and infinite consciousness, if they don't want to except that work and alcohol is not all that matters who am i to try and change them, its there current path, one day they will be as i am now once they have lived a few more lives to understand what matters.

Anyway the purpose of this post is to see if anyone has had similar experiences, especially with people close to them, and have they seemed interested then shy away when you tell them the answer to there question?

Thanks for reading guys much love, Sean
    Yes this is a problem waiting to happen for most people.

Society has been programmed with this defense response.

You are different.

You are dangerous

Your truth, the truth, is likely to rock boats uncomfortably.

I find the best approach here is to be the one asking the questions.

eg: "Why do you think WTC 7 fell down even though no planes hit it?"

or: "Are you really asking this question because you want to know the truth that I know, or are you simply playing games with me?"

If people ask me questions and if I feel its ok to answer them, I will always tell the truth as I understand it at the time.

I have not been in the exact situation you have, but I have nearly.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), DoubleHelix (1st September 2011), Heyoka_11 (1st September 2011), modwiz (1st September 2011), pickle (1st September 2011), selinam (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

38. Link to Post #20
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I too have been through this, when sharing my believes/truths. It was hard to to deal with it, but I have learned that whenever I do get ridiculed or mocked, it makes me happy; because it makes me realize how far I have come and grown. And I hope you too realize that.

The people who do not respect me for what I believe is the truth, are no longer in my life. It saddens me still, but there is always a small thought at the back of my head saying that they too will seek for their truth one day.
    I agree with eq1. People in the mainstream must seek out about other perspectives on their own journey. It is very difficult to just convince someone, even if you have all the facts.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sugarific For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st September 2011), DoubleHelix (2nd September 2011), Heyoka_11 (1st September 2011), modwiz (1st September 2011), Pete (1st September 2011), Tane Mahuta (1st September 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast