+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst 1 21 31

Thread: What technologies, activities or concepts will be made obsolete by Free Energy

1. Link to Post #601
    United States Avalon Member Wade Frazier's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,632 times in 7,518 posts

Default Re: What technologies, activities or concepts will be made obsolete by Free Energy

Hi:

Before I get back to the task at hand, a little more on Melinda’s latest

The rise of alternative sexuality is a common issue in overcrowded populations, as animals begin engaging in “non-productive” sex. That has something to do with what we are seeing with the bizarre transsexual phenomenon. I see it as just another sign of the times. In the Fifth Epoch, people won’t mutilate their bodies to ape the other gender. We will all be able to comfortably live in our skin, and our bodies will be temples to be cherished. Tattoos, piercings, mutilations, drugs, fashion – those will all vanish, and nobody will miss them. We will have infinitely larger fish to fry.

To me, whether there are ten billion people on Earth or one billion is not nearly as important as how we live. With free energy and attendant technologies, Earth could support 100 billion people at unheard of standards of living, and the environment would not be harmed at all. But maybe a billion or less is what an enlightened humanity will choose. We’ll see. We definitely won’t live in big cities, jammed cheek-by-jowl. That is what an energy-scarcity paradigm looks like.

In the Fifth Epoch, human societies will not produce any waste. Everything can be recycled, in a process that resembles Star Trek’s replicators, but toxic substances will largely not be produced in the first place, as well as the trash, plastic and otherwise, that societies create today. Consumerist society will go the way of slavery. When everybody lives in true abundance, almost nothing about today’s world will survive.

There will be something resembling government, but its charges will be maintaining abundance for all, harmlessness, and the wellbeing of every living thing will be its concern. I have a hard time imagining it, and I know that my sketch of the Fifth Epoch only scratches the surface.

With just the technologies that I know about, which are carefully sequestered from humanity in history’s greatest cover-up, making a world of abundance for all people would be child’s play. Tell talented engineers to design a world in which energy, gravity, and available materials were not constraints, and while it might take them a little while to stop jumping up and down in excitement, they will be like kids in candy stores. My friend’s show also included exotic materials. Flubber is not all that fictional.

It will not take long for this world to begin to come into view, once the floodgates open.

Those technologies that my friend was shown will turn today’s physics upside-down. Today’s corpus of physics, and science in general, soon will be seen as quaint notions from a primitive time. I expect something like the scientific method to survive, but it is going to be utterly transformed by a revolution in human consciousness. What I experienced in the Silva course will be what all children learn to do, and vast vistas of human potential will be explored. Melinda’s telekinetic experience will be seen as a normal event and baby steps. Human consciousness and technology will partner in ways that can be scarcely imagined today, and some will graduate to what I have called Level 19.

Scarcity and fear will be left far, far behind, consigned to humanity’s dustbin, along with slavery, war, and exploitation.

Is all of that worth learning to hit a few notes to help bring into being?

What Melinda is doing is along the lines of the choir that I have in mind, and she does not have a scientific background. This stuff really is not that hard to understand in its basics. My work is more about the heart than the head. My big essay was designed to be read and understood by non-scientists. Heck, I am not a credentialed scientist or scholar. This will be an effort of amateurs.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 25th January 2020 at 18:13.
    My big essay, published in 2014, is here.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th January 2020), Bluegreen (25th January 2020), Chris Gilbert (6th October 2020), Franny (26th January 2020), Krist (25th January 2020), meeradas (27th June 2020), Melinda (25th January 2020), onevoice (26th January 2020), Reinhard (27th January 2020), Servant Limestone (18th January 2022)

3. Link to Post #602
    Thanks

Default Re: What technologies, activities or concepts will be made obsolete by Free Energy

Hi:

Actually, coaxing Melinda to post it is a little bit of an understatement: I had to coax her to write it. This is typical of what it is like to do what I do. Melinda first approached me by joining Avalon nearly eight years ago. It only took a few interactions before I could see that she could hit the notes, and she has been hitting them ever since. Oh, she has learned over the years, but who wouldn’t? The learning never ends.

Melinda does not approach this as a scientist, entrepreneur, or the many other roles I have encountered over the years, but as a poet whose heart is in the right place. That is really about all that I have ever really needed. Melinda may never be able to have a deep discussion of this chapter of my big essay, but she gets a pass on that. What else that she brings to the table is plenty for what I have in mind.

I have received all manner of reaction to my work, my effort, and the like, and for those who I know can hit the notes, it has been a task of coaxing, encouraging, and suggesting, as people creep around the edges of the stage that I stand on, not sure that they can contribute. There was no job description that I had to respond to in an ad, when I began the journey of my public writings. I just started doing it. At first, it was “dear diary” stuff and letters to the editor, writing to people such as Uncle Noam, and then this thing called the Internet happened, and I have been writing for the public since 1996, nearly continuously, never receiving a dime, taking years off from my career to produce my public writings, and seeing if I can make a dent somehow. The heavy lifting has already been done. The stage has been set, and if the people I seek can do the work and hit the notes, the Fifth Epoch is not so very far off. If not my effort, then another. The approach will work, even if I may not live to see it come to fruition. The challenge will be finding the people who can hit the notes. Scientists hit different notes from what Melinda does, such as Michael Hyson and Brian O. Mine is the accountant’s version. The choir will need voices with different timbres, different specialties, different adventures, and the like.

When I see Melinda make her recent post, I know that what I am doing has a chance.

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 25th January 2020 at 20:24.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th January 2020), Chris Gilbert (18th October 2020), Franny (26th January 2020), meeradas (27th June 2020), Melinda (25th January 2020), onevoice (26th January 2020), Reinhard (27th January 2020), Servant Limestone (18th January 2022)

5. Link to Post #603
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

The aspect of a free energy world I will enjoy the most?

Never again having to experience the tension and inner conflict between doing what I have to do to survive, versus doing what enriches the soul. Even though it is necessary for my self employed work, I've never liked having to market myself (I might one day just hire someone else to do it for me). I also hate the fact that caring for myself and my wife comes at the inevitable expense of other lifeforms, and that my advantages growing up in America partly came from Native Americans having their land stolen from them after centuries of war and decimation by Old World diseases. While all organisms tend to look out for their own, doing so in a human body at this point in time comes with an incredible toll for the rest of the biosphere.

I want to be in true symbiosis with the rest of the world, not only in my spiritual values, but in my physical living as well.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th October 2020), Brigantia (9th October 2020), Harmony (18th October 2020), I am B (28th January 2022), rgray222 (18th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #604
    Thanks

Post Re: What technologies, activities or concepts will be made obsolete by Free Energy

Recent thought I had today was how often people feel a need to define themselves through some form of struggle. Back in May-July my wife had to furlough for several months, but it actually worked out for us as she was getting the extra $600 in unemployment benefits. For myself, I ended up taking a week off of work due to being worried about a sore throat (something I would ordinarily pay no mind if there wasn't a global pandemic), and due to my workplace being extra careful I was easily approved for the time off, in addition to getting hazard pay.

I read the comments of several older folks at the time (generally boomer men) who were absolutely incensed at people "being paid to sit on their asses". Some of these individuals were "sitting on their asses" for awhile themselves during the height of lockdown. What I notice with this is that the concern wasn't necessarily for inflation or higher taxes (though those are valid concerns), but more so, said individuals have a hard time wrapping their mind over the idea of a world where their existence isn't defined by working themselves into an early grave. There is a sort of Stockholm syndrome addiction to scarcity, and to see anyone leave the plantation, infuriates them.

While I did splurge a bit on video games for a couple days during my week off, I quickly got antsy, and started spending time on other things that I had put off for awhile due to being too tired and busy with work, such as making some much needed home repairs, getting my garden started and going over some old writing projects connected to my Qigong work. My wife also stayed VERY busy with various projects during her time off. The idea that we have to constantly struggle to find meaning doesn't hold water either when looking at horticultural societies who had more leisure time and a healthier relationship with work.

When free energy comes into public use, I can definitely see a transition period as the need for various types of jobs dries up, and people are left having to redefine what gives their life meaning. People like my wife and I can adapt pretty quickly, but others may take longer.

Just as conceiving what will be made obsolete by free energy is important, I would say another important thought/meditation exercise, is to still the mind, look in the mirror, and ask oneself "What will I do throughout the day when I don't HAVE to struggle for money to live?"

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2020), Bluegreen (18th October 2020), Harmony (18th October 2020), I am B (28th January 2022), kudzy (19th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (18th October 2020), Wade Frazier (18th October 2020)

9. Link to Post #605
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,533 times in 2,553 posts

Quote Posted by Chris Gilbert (here)

Just as conceiving what will be made obsolete by free energy is important, I would say another important thought/meditation exercise, is to still the mind, look in the mirror, and ask oneself "What will I do throughout the day when I don't HAVE to struggle for money to live?"
    By coincidence, this video that I saw last night ponders these same thoughts, Chris. So you are in good company, it seems.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2020), Chris Gilbert (15th January 2022), Harmony (18th October 2020), rgray222 (18th October 2020)

11. Link to Post #606
    Thanks

Hi Chris:

Yes, there will be a transition out of this Epoch, and I expect it to take a generation or two, as there will be some cultural “momentum.” Some will act like lottery winners, getting status goods and bling, before realizing that vying for status will not make much sense in a world of abundance. Others will feel lost for a little while, but adjusting to true abundance should not be too hard. I think that the people who are adults if/when free energy makes its appearance will have some difficulty leaving behind the baggage of a world based on scarcity, and some might well die with their bling, and bequeath it to their children, who won’t treasure it. Children who grow up in the Fifth Epoch should easily adapt. I don’t see much, if any, trauma attending the process, but there may be some frustrated psychopaths.

I have seen that in my life, as my parents’ generation was big into fancy heirlooms and bling-ish stuff, which doesn’t mean much to my generation, and I have even refused offers to take some of that stuff off of their hands. When an aunt died several years ago, within days of her husband’s passing, their children sold off just about all of the bling and heirlooms, which I think sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars. One family heirloom was a receipt for a slave, from the early 1800s. I don’t know what happened to it, but my grandfather kept it next to his bed. It wasn’t a blood relative’s receipt, but from a family close to ours. I guess that that is not as bad a keeping the skulls of the vanquished around to use as bowls, which was a common Second Epoch practice, but sheesh!

So, when the Fifth Epoch arrives, there will be “lost souls” for a time, like those desk jockeys, but new horizons of the human potential will beckon, and I know that all of my imaginings over the years only scratches the surface of them.

For me, it will all be about a harmless transition to the Fifth Epoch. Warfare, and raping the environment for short-term economic gain, will be almost immediately seen as suicidally stupid, and after about a generation, of peacekeeping grandmothers and the like, nobody is going to have to be reminded anymore, and the byword will be peace and plenty for all. All of today’s dominant ideologies will quickly become obsolete. I don’t know if I will live to see humanity turn the corner, but that transition to the Fifth Epoch promises to be highly interesting.

Best,

Wade

P.S. I don’t often do it, but I watched that yogi’s talk, and am happy that I did.
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 18th October 2020 at 22:52.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2020), Bluegreen (18th October 2020), Chris Gilbert (18th October 2020), Harmony (18th October 2020), I am B (28th January 2022), kudzy (19th October 2020), rgray222 (18th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th October 2020)

13. Link to Post #607
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    Quote Posted by Chris Gilbert (here)

By coincidence, this video that I saw last night ponders these same thoughts, Chris. So you are in good company, it seems.
    Thanks for posting, wonderful video.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th October 2020), Harmony (18th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #608
    Thanks

Lately my wife and I have been discussing the option of moving to Arizona. We took a trip there back in late 2015 to visit with close friends and enjoyed it greatly. While I do love Michigan lakes and forests, the landscape and foliage in Arizona is beautiful to me as well.

What I do find myself worrying about however is the fact that, in terms of current mainstream technology, the Pheonix metro area in Arizona is one of the most unsustainable cities on the planet, especially in regards to water usage. While it is possible to build desalination plants to use seawater and pump it up to the city, the capitalist system is not much onboard with it due to the costs.

Awhile back a confidant opined to me that initially free energy would not necessarily solve other resource problems in regard to land use, population expansion, water and food. While true to an extent, there are countless options that would open up once 'cost' in the capitalist/centralized control system no longer becomes an issue.

New study on Arizona's water supply options

Pima County Desalination Plant

Quote The proposed $4.1 billion desalination project would add as much as $90 to the typical Tucson-area monthly water bill, but if the region grows as predicted, it may be necessary. Many expect it could take decades to get approval.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Wade Frazier (15th January 2022)

17. Link to Post #609
    Thanks

Hi Chris:

Thanks for posting here! People who say that free energy would only initiate minor changes truly don’t understand. Free energy will initiate the Fifth Epoch, and almost nothing of our world today will survive in the Fifth Epoch. Your friend’s comment is like saying that if Biden announced free energy tomorrow, we would still all have to go to work on Monday. That is true, however…

In my studies since 2015 for updating my big essay, I have been studying the demographic transition quite a bit. There was the original one, centered in Northern Europe, England in particular, where industrialization began, and there were the others that followed. Today, the education of women is the biggest factor in the demographic transition of poor nations, as education is the cheapest and fastest way for a society to plug into the world’s industrial infrastructure. The demographic transition is by far the greatest event in the human journey, and it was a mere side-effect of industrialization. We went from only half of children living to adulthood to nearly 100% of them making it.

I just read this this morning on what China’s demographic transition portends. The demographic transition’s impact on women has been particularly profound. The biggest indicator of the change between agrarian and industrial societies has been the role of women, and since the Industrial Revolution is so young, we still have a great deal of “cultural momentum” of the Third Epoch, which in the USA can be seen in the contrast between Red States and Blue States. In Red States, they are trying to make women barefoot and pregnant again by outlawing abortion, while in Blue States we see the nuttiness of postmodernism, the transsexual craze, and other signs of chaos as people try to digest the transition from agrarian societies and the changing roles of the sexes.

As dramatic as the change from the Third to Fourth Epoch has been, it is nothing at all compared to what the transition to the Fifth Epoch portends. But my message is that with the final defeat of scarcity and fear as the social control mechanisms of the elites, as elites will vanish in a global economy of abundance, the human potential will flower as never before. Everybody’s birthright will be to aspire to their greatest potential as a member of a truly sentient species in which love abounds, not fear.

The world will end as we know it in the Fifth Epoch, and those who do cost projections on water desalination to serve desert cities have a worm’s-eye view of what the Fifth Epoch will mean. But in the human journey, nobody ever imagined what the coming Epoch meant, or even if there was a coming Epoch, so your friend’s myopia is normal. I have become far more sympathetic to that kind of blindness over my journey, but my plan needs people who can see!

Best,

Wade
    Last edited by Wade Frazier; 15th January 2022 at 20:14.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wade Frazier For This Post:

avid (15th January 2022), Chris Gilbert (15th January 2022), gord (15th January 2022), I am B (28th January 2022), Servant Limestone (18th January 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst 1 21 31