+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 11 22 LastLast

Thread: The Abrahamic God is a Total Psychopath and a Disgrace to Humanity

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Default The Abrahamic God is a Total Psychopath

Of course these are just my views and I'm not saying every christian, Muslim, or Jewish person(the religion) is an idiot, or somehow bad. We all hold varying delusions IMHO.

Anyway in setting up this discussion so it does not result in flames(or trying to prevent them) I will say this:

"We are not our opinions or beliefs, we just hold them." Differing in opinions should not be so offensive optimally. After all, they do not define us as human beings. I am only pointing out my subjective views here, and wouldn't care so much if they did not distort reality and create wars etc. I just feel this topic should be spoken of.

These are some of my views on Abrahamic religions(mainly Christianity and Islam).

I'll start with words of wisdom from Jake, a mod here:

Quote Posted by Jake
    God is an angry god; god is a judgmental god, god is a jealous god, god is a spiteful god, god is a vengeful god, ,,, (Jesus taught that these things were[are] sinful)

This is why I will not worship the 'god' that is presented in the bible,,, I'm not sure i would even let someone like this in my house.
    I totally agree!! I would not let this being into my house either!!

Now with some of my own words.

Supposedly there is a system of punishment/reward with the all knowing creator of everything. And in a short, tiny lifetime full of confusions and illusions and conflicting information everywhere and TONS of Satan and his demons around causing a mess, we will be judged and sent to a never ending heaven or hell. This isn't even as an act of karma, or even based on deserving anything like that, but really who really deserves to suffer forever...... The most loving, bright, altruistic, helper of the world can be cast to suffer for an eternity, just for not believing in Jesus being their overlord. If that is not the ultimate fear monger to gather followers for a cult I don't know what is.

If someone came along today and said you had to believe in their cult and accept their prophet as your lord, or you will suffer forEVER after you die, we'd all practically see it as total garbage and total manipulation.

There is another cult that exists nowadays that uses the same tactics. Ashayana Deane(sp) and Keylontic sciences(respectively to her, I do not think she is stupid just manipulated personally). Cults have been doing this forever, and they are a shame and hazard to mankind. Is Ashayana Deane's cult following, fallen angels are everywhere poisoning us and implanting us, and ONLY her, can save you, but you have to pay her thousands of dollars to be saved All the old methods you paid for in this cult, become outdated and no longer work! You have to buy the new ones!!!! The cults on this planet are PLAGUES imo! (no disrespect to the people who follow Ashayana(ap).

Is there a more clear tactic to maintain your followers then to say if you do not believe it you will suffer forever? I've seen plenty of people say they have thought a lot about ditching Christianity but due to not wanting to go to hell, just to be safe they will stick to it. What I say to that? If God is anywhere near enlightened, he'll understand...

To be clear I think Jesus(that wasn't his name, there was no J back then..........) may have been quite a helluva guy. I relate with him because I have been persecuted in ways similar to anyone bringing truth to the world in a way that is new is. I'm not saying I'm anywhere near the same level as him, or saying I'm a prophet. But I do walk a similar path to what I think he did if he existed and presented the truth to humans(NOT the bible) in terms of ridicule, attacks, and in general lack of decency in humans who react indecently to my claims.

Humans + Truth = Bad combination sometimes.

If Jesus wanted to start a religion I think he would have...

Also to be clear, I am not dissing the idea of God existing. And I respect Christians, Muslims, and Jewish people as human beings. They can be stupid, or brilliant just like anyone else.

What I am saying, is for the God to be real that the bible and other sources say, he/she/it would have to be the biggest psychopath/sociopath possible(quite literally the biggest POSSIBLE), and the biggest monolithic source of suffering that is beyond the imaginations of us by a practically infinite amount. What Hitler did is childsplay compared to this God... Creating a practically infinite amount of suffering does not go well by me(not conting just creating the universe as it's fine in that case).

To send a humble and caring individual to a never ending hellfire of suffering just for not believing in you when they had absolutely no solid evidence you exist because you didn't provide it at all(for faith is why they say that is lol), is psychopathic. And on levels far beyond any psychopath I've ever seen on earth.

While this humble and kind person suffers for eternity, murderers and rapists who believe in Jesus get a free pass to heaven!!! So basically a guy like the Dalai Lama, kind, caring, intelligent, altruistic, and wise = hell.

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."
    - The Dalai Lama

A guy like Hitler(theoretically that bad, as supposedly suicide gets you hellfire or something)? He could convert to Jesus before he died, and get to goto heaven and kick it with the people he had executed.

In Islam martyrs get like 72 virgins!!! So basically in that religion God has made countless women sex slaves. Forcing 72 women to have sex with a man however many times is psychopathic, to a large degree. If a human did that on earth in any reasonable society with the more reasonable laws it has, they would be sentenced to prison. So basically in Islam God is the biggest pimp in existence.

Supposedly God made 2 humans. Adam and Eve(which may very well hold very significant metaphorical meaning). Now my understanding of this part is iffy as I am no extreme bible scholar. But so we were given paradise, but told not to eat apples(how ABSURD). And for eating an apple, man was given original sin??? Or did Adam and Eve have it already?

If God is all knowing, he would know how he made Adam's soul and character, to be too curious, or too uncontrollable or couldn't follow orders, that he will eat that apple. Free will doesn't mean you are not predictable in what your traits are. No Christian says God doesn't know things. they say he is all knowing. So he dam well knows Adam is going to eat that apple. He's just watching constantly waiting for it to happen as if he's watching a screwy reality TV show.

IMO it really is a disgrace to humanity that people believe for one man eating an apple, a whole world was cast into this confused, dysfunctional, undeveloped, prison planet and are sinners.

Adding more to the psychopathy, God made a son. But as a supposedly loving God, he makes this son go to planet earth and get persecuted, ostracized, ridiculed, severely tortured, and die..... To "save us", when he could have just saved us without that ridiculous event. This is on the level of Manson or Hostel(the movie) type behavior........ It gets worse....

How about this angle. The universe is HUGGGGGGGGGGE. Too big for any of our imaginations to imagine even remotely 0.0000000001% of it... We can't even imagine what an apple is in full. We can't even imagine what a PEA is in full or a drop of water. Anyway my point here is, there have got to be trillions of planets with this concept of 'sinners'. So basically in this model if consistent, Jesus would be cast down to every planet that has original sin, to get tortured and die for each planet to save them, when God could just save them without any torturing and dying by his "son". Is this not one of the most deranged and distorted things you have ever heard(well maybe not): Creating a son and making him get tortured and die on trillions+ of planets, trillions of times over and over? That sounds like being cast down to hell to me. That sounds like suffering for en eternity to me.

This is absolutely psychopathy on levels no human can dream of doing.

Throw in how dysfunctional and crazy humanity is, so his creations, as far as we know if not using any logic or thought of other worlds, his creations are chaotic, disease infested, injustice filled, corrupted in many ways balls flying through space filled with beings so confused no one of them understands reality the same way....

This quote rings a bell to me but I can see how some would see it as wrong, and I can see ways it's wrong. But it does strike a chord with me regardless and exemplifies my point I just made quite nicely:

"I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't." ~Jules Renard

Let Jesus's name be a telltale sign maybe... The name Jesus is impossible to exist back then. There was no J back then. They couldn't even get his name right, do you really trust them to get his teachings right????? That right there is solid evidence the whole thing is a sham, after all, they can't even tell you his name! I think they made his name Jesus to mathematically align with the name Satan. Jesus is like Santa IMO. Something you are told since a child, and since you had no discernment, and fully trusted your parents, you believed it until other people told you it wasn't real(maybe) and you asked your parents and they finally said he doesn't exist. We live in a total dreamworld!!!! Jesus = Santa except never told he's not real. Interesting if you change a couple letters around and Santa becomes Satan. Just a random fact...

It's no coincidence that if you are born in different parts of the world, your religion is predictable. People are brainwashed since birth to accept these lies! It's obvious brainwashing is involved to anyone.......... So basically God sends people to hell for being born in the wrong area of the world... Really? How is that not a total psychopath?

Anyway, I have not yet looked into many eastern religions much, but I hear of one that is infinitely wiser than anything I've heard in the bible, because all the wise stuff in the bible I knew in my heart anyway. This is, that part of living on earth and being a human, is becoming disillusioned, that is part of our development. I suggest Abrahamic religion are huge illusions humanity will have to overcome...

I predict Taoism, and Buddhism will far outlive Christianity, Islam, and Judaism by many thousands of percents.... Just a random prediction if this is read in a few thousand years after science has irrefutably shown this stuff as false.

There are a billion times more illusions than truths. There is only one way to be right(with non subjective things), there are TONS of ways to be wrong... If you see how many different views there are, we have way more illusions in our beliefs than not in areas unproven. So this is absolute wisdom. Why is it not in the bible? God didn't think it's worthwhile???

Also, the east(not counting Islam), is not so opposed to ETs. Like for example the Dalai Lama says there are 3 types of beings in the universe.

Basically us, physical incarnated beings.
    Inter-dimensional beings with energetic bodies(maybe orbs?).
    And Simply consciousnesses that roam around(if i interpreted him right, I may not have).

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the delusions of grandeur of religion. I am not saying the bible is useless. However I simply reject that the creator of all things is a ridiculously HUGE psychopath, that if he lived on earth and carried the same traits would end up being executed for his psychopathic traits.

Hitler is a carebear compared to the Christian and Muslim God! And nobody can deny that reasonably!!!!

Note: I have not looked into Judaism too much, so forgive me if that preaching does not show a psychopath. I bet it does though
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd September 2011 at 20:19.

2. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

aranuk (9th September 2011), Art (12th September 2011), astrid (3rd September 2011), Autumn (4th September 2011), Blacklight43 (3rd September 2011), buckminster fuller (4th September 2011), Calz (6th September 2011), Charlie Pecos (3rd September 2011), Chrononaut (4th September 2011), Cjay (9th September 2011), conk (4th September 2011), D-Day (4th September 2011), Davidallany (4th September 2011), Davy (6th September 2011), Ecnal61 (4th September 2011), Floor (3rd September 2011), Fred Steeves (5th September 2011), g.k.r (3rd September 2011), Heart-2-Heart (4th September 2011), heyokah (9th September 2011), Holly Lindin (4th September 2011), Jake (3rd September 2011), jcocks (4th September 2011), jesterking (4th September 2011), Ki's (4th September 2011), Linger (11th September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), loveandgratitude (4th September 2011), Maia Gabrial (4th September 2011), Menkaure (4th September 2011), modwiz (4th September 2011), moonchild (3rd September 2011), NancyV (3rd September 2011), New Dawn (3rd September 2011), olddragon (6th September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011), Ruby L. (4th September 2011), Star1111 (5th September 2011), strevane (8th September 2011), The One (3rd September 2011), toothpick (4th September 2011), Trail (6th September 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

Default Re: The Abrahamic God is a Total Psychopath

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Of course these are just my views and I'm not saying every christian, Muslim, or Jewish person(the religion) is an idiot, or somehow bad. We all hold varying delusions IMHO.

Anyway in setting up this discussion so it does not result in flames(or trying to prevent them) I will say this:

"We are not our opinions or beliefs, we just hold them." Differing in opinions should not be so offensive optimally. After all, they do not define us as human beings. I am only pointing out my subjective views here, and wouldn't care so much if they did not distort reality and create wars etc. I just feel this topic should be spoken of.

These are some of my views on Abrahamic religions(mainly Christianity and Islam).

I'll start with words of wisdom from Jake, a mod here:

Quote Posted by Jake
    God is an angry god; god is a judgmental god, god is a jealous god, god is a spiteful god, god is a vengeful god, ,,, (Jesus taught that these things were[are] sinful)

This is why I will not worship the 'god' that is presented in the bible,,, I'm not sure i would even let someone like this in my house.
    I totally agree!! I would not let this being into my house either!!

Now with some of my own words.

Supposedly there is a system of punishment/reward with the all knowing creator of everything. And in a short, tiny lifetime full of confusions and illusions and conflicting information everywhere and TONS of Satan and his demons around causing a mess, we will be judged and sent to a never ending heaven or hell. This isn't even as an act of karma, or even based on deserving anything like that, but really who really deserves to suffer forever...... The most loving, bright, altruistic, helper of the world can be cast to suffer for an eternity, just for not believing in Jesus being their overlord. If that is not the ultimate fear monger to gather followers for a cult I don't know what is.

If someone came along today and said you had to believe in their cult and accept their prophet as your lord, or you will suffer forEVER after you die, we'd all practically see it as total garbage and total manipulation.

There is another cult that exists nowadays that uses the same tactics. Ashayana Deane(sp) and Keylontic sciences(respectively to her, I do not think she is stupid just manipulated personally). Cults have been doing this forever, and they are a shame and hazard to mankind. Is Ashayana Deane's cult following, fallen angels are everywhere poisoning us and implanting us, and ONLY her, can save you, but you have to pay her thousands of dollars to be saved All the old methods you paid for in this cult, become outdated and no longer work! You have to buy the new ones!!!! The cults on this planet are PLAGUES imo! (no disrespect to the people who follow Ashayana(ap).

Is there a more clear tactic to maintain your followers then to say if you do not believe it you will suffer forever? I've seen plenty of people say they have thought a lot about ditching Christianity but due to not wanting to go to hell, just to be safe they will stick to it. What I say to that? If God is anywhere near enlightened, he'll understand...

To be clear I think Jesus(that wasn't his name, there was no J back then..........) may have been quite a helluva guy. I relate with him because I have been persecuted in ways similar to anyone bringing truth to the world in a way that is new is. I'm not saying I'm anywhere near the same level as him, or saying I'm a prophet. But I do walk a similar path to what I think he did if he existed and presented the truth to humans(NOT the bible) in terms of ridicule, attacks, and in general lack of decency in humans who react indecently to my claims.

Humans + Truth = Bad combination sometimes.

If Jesus wanted to start a religion I think he would have...

Also to be clear, I am not dissing the idea of God existing. And I respect Christians, Muslims, and Jewish people as human beings. They can be stupid, or brilliant just like anyone else.

What I am saying, is for the God to be real that the bible and other sources say, he/she/it would have to be the biggest psychopath/sociopath possible(quite literally the biggest POSSIBLE), and the biggest monolithic source of suffering that is beyond the imaginations of us by a practically infinite amount. What Hitler did is childsplay compared to this God... Creating a practically infinite amount of suffering does not go well by me(not conting just creating the universe as it's fine in that case).

To send a humble and caring individual to a never ending hellfire of suffering just for not believing in you when they had absolutely no solid evidence you exist because you didn't provide it at all(for faith is why they say that is lol), is psychopathic. And on levels far beyond any psychopath I've ever seen on earth.

While this humble and kind person suffers for eternity, murderers and rapists who believe in Jesus get a free pass to heaven!!! So basically a guy like the Dalai Lama, kind, caring, intelligent, altruistic, and wise = hell.

"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."
    - The Dalai Lama

A guy like Hitler(theoretically that bad, as supposedly suicide gets you hellfire or something)? He could convert to Jesus before he died, and get to goto heaven and kick it with the people he had executed.

In Islam martyrs get like 72 virgins!!! So basically in that religion God has made countless women sex slaves. Forcing 72 women to have sex with a man however many times is psychopathic, to a large degree. If a human did that on earth in any reasonable society with the more reasonable laws it has, they would be sentenced to prison. So basically in Islam God is the biggest pimp in existence.

Supposedly God made 2 humans. Adam and Eve(which may very well hold very significant metaphorical meaning). Now my understanding of this part is iffy as I am no extreme bible scholar. But so we were given paradise, but told not to eat apples(how ABSURD). And for eating an apple, man was given original sin??? Or did Adam and Eve have it already?

If God is all knowing, he would know how he made Adam's soul and character, to be too curious, or too uncontrollable or couldn't follow orders, that he will eat that apple. Free will doesn't mean you are not predictable in what your traits are. No Christian says God doesn't know things. they say he is all knowing. So he dam well knows Adam is going to eat that apple. He's just watching constantly waiting for it to happen as if he's watching a screwy reality TV show.

IMO it really is a disgrace to humanity that people believe for one man eating an apple, a whole world was cast into this confused, dysfunctional, undeveloped, prison planet and are sinners.

Adding more to the psychopathy, God made a son. But as a supposedly loving God, he makes this son go to planet earth and get persecuted, ostracized, ridiculed, severely tortured, and die..... To "save us", when he could have just saved us without that ridiculous event. This is on the level of Manson or Hostel(the movie) type behavior........ It gets worse....

How about this angle. The universe is HUGGGGGGGGGGE. Too big for any of our imaginations to imagine even remotely 0.0000000001% of it... We can't even imagine what an apple is in full. We can't even imagine what a PEA is in full or a drop of water. Anyway my point here is, there have got to be trillions of planets with this concept of 'sinners'. So basically in this model if consistent, Jesus would be cast down to every planet that has original sin, to get tortured and die for each planet to save them, when God could just save them without any torturing and dying by his "son". Is this not one of the most deranged and distorted things you have ever heard(well maybe not): Creating a son and making him get tortured and die on trillions+ of planets, trillions of times over and over? That sounds like being cast down to hell to me. That sounds like suffering for en eternity to me.

This is absolutely psychopathy on levels no human can dream of doing.

Throw in how dysfunctional and crazy humanity is, so his creations, as far as we know if not using any logic or thought of other worlds, his creations are chaotic, disease infested, injustice filled, corrupted in many ways balls flying through space filled with beings so confused no one of them understands reality the same way....

This quote rings a bell to me but I can see how some would see it as wrong, and I can see ways it's wrong. But it does strike a chord with me regardless and exemplifies my point I just made quite nicely:

"I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't." ~Jules Renard

Let Jesus's name be a telltale sign maybe... The name Jesus is impossible to exist back then. There was no J back then. They couldn't even get his name right, do you really trust them to get his teachings right????? That right there is solid evidence the whole thing is a sham, after all, they can't even tell you his name! I think they made his name Jesus to mathematically align with the name Satan. Jesus is like Santa IMO. Something you are told since a child, and since you had no discernment, and fully trusted your parents, you believed it until other people told you it wasn't real(maybe) and you asked your parents and they finally said he doesn't exist. We live in a total dreamworld!!!! Jesus = Santa except never told he's not real. Interesting if you change a couple letters around and Santa becomes Satan. Just a random fact...

It's no coincidence that if you are born in different parts of the world, your religion is predictable. People are brainwashed since birth to accept these lies! It's obvious brainwashing is involved to anyone.......... So basically God sends people to hell for being born in the wrong area of the world... Really? How is that not a total psychopath?

Anyway, I have not yet looked into many eastern religions much, but I hear of one that is infinitely wiser than anything I've heard in the bible, because all the wise stuff in the bible I knew in my heart anyway. This is, that part of living on earth and being a human, is becoming disillusioned, that is part of our development. I suggest Abrahamic religion are huge illusions humanity will have to overcome...

I predict Taoism, and Buddhism will far outlive Christianity, Islam, and Judaism by many thousands of percents.... Just a random prediction if this is read in a few thousand years after science has irrefutably shown this stuff as false.

There are a billion times more illusions than truths. There is only one way to be right(with non subjective things), there are TONS of ways to be wrong... If you see how many different views there are, we have way more illusions in our beliefs than not in areas unproven. So this is absolute wisdom. Why is it not in the bible? God didn't think it's worthwhile???

Also, the east(not counting Islam), is not so opposed to ETs. Like for example the Dalai Lama says there are 3 types of beings in the universe.

Basically us, physical incarnated beings.
    Inter-dimensional beings with energetic bodies(maybe orbs?).
    And Simply consciousnesses that roam around(if i interpreted him right, I may not have).

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the delusions of grandeur of religion. I am not saying the bible is useless. However I simply reject that the creator of all things is a ridiculously HUGE psychopath, that if he lived on earth and carried the same traits would end up being executed for his psychopathic traits.

Hitler is a carebear compared to the Christian and Muslim God! And nobody can deny that reasonably!!!!

Note: I have not looked into Judaism too much, so forgive me if that preaching does not show a psychopath. I bet it does though
    Omniverse- Your thread is very interesting. Although I don't agree with your beliefs, we can have a rational dialogue about our differences. For me, although I am not a very religious person who goes to church often, I have a comfort in my belief that Jesus does indeed exist. I am comforted by him when I am going through a sad time in my life and need someone to talk to. Because of my belief in him, I try very hard not to do something that I know is wrong or unkind. Being human I am not always successful, but I know that I think twice because of Him.

I always asked the question you have in your post about why would a kind God allow such human misery and suffering. The answer I was taught, and what I do believe, is that this planet is run by another, truly evil entity. You can call him the Prince of Darkness, Satan, Reptilian, or whatever you want, but it is this entity, in my belief system, who rules over earth. The one thing that I know for sure is that none of us can say with certainty what the truth is at this point.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

aranuk (9th September 2011), Charlie Pecos (3rd September 2011), Chrononaut (4th September 2011), D-Day (4th September 2011), Heart-2-Heart (4th September 2011), Jake (3rd September 2011), Licka (3rd September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), modwiz (4th September 2011), Omni (3rd September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011), RedeZra (4th September 2011), Ruby L. (4th September 2011), The One (3rd September 2011), ulli (9th September 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

Default Re: The Abrahamic God is a Total Psychopath and a Disgrace to Humanity

I like your breakdown Omni, it reminds me when I have one of my conferences I always express my point of view over the bible. A CD with a music from several decades put together by someone as his taste. And then reassembled over and over again.

This "god" you talk about, is there because the story fitted in a concept the religious "fathers" wanted to run their business.

As I know it's a story of some ET guys who took advantage over simple people frighten them with their high tech and making jokes with them. I also hear a very similar story about so called Sataan, the ET commander who abused his power and instead of helping to establish society emerging around Euphrates and Tigris, he enslaved them and punished them with nuclear weapons around 20.000 years ago. So this stories little by little converted some of the ET's to gods and some of them to devil. And I was told, that this people were rely punished for what they done here in the earth.

And then, today after such an amount of time there are still people who believe this.
    And why.
    The religion is a stick for the man who does not know to walk by himself, so he need something some real estate agent to tell him what to do.
    But I think, for everyone the moment comes when he can walk on his own.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

Blacklight43 (3rd September 2011), D-Day (4th September 2011), Davy (6th September 2011), GCS1103 (3rd September 2011), Heart-2-Heart (4th September 2011), Jake (3rd September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), Maia Gabrial (4th September 2011), Omni (3rd September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011), Ria (6th September 2011), risveglio (11th September 2011), The One (3rd September 2011), toothpick (4th September 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Omniverse- Your thread is very interesting. Although I don't agree with your beliefs, we can have a rational dialogue about our differences. For me, although I am not a very religious person who goes to church often, I have a comfort in my belief that Jesus does indeed exist. I am comforted by him when I am going through a sad time in my life and need someone to talk to. Because of my belief in him, I try very hard not to do something that I know is wrong or unkind. Being human I am not always successful, but I know that I think twice because of Him.

I always asked the question you have in your post about why would a kind God allow such human misery and suffering. The answer I was taught, and what I do believe, is that this planet is run by another, truly evil entity. You can call him the Prince of Darkness, Satan, Reptilian, or whatever you want, but it is this entity, in my belief system, who rules over earth. The one thing that I know for sure is that none of us can say with certainty what the truth is at this point.
    In my own opinion, invoking the name of Jesus, is a personal technique for you, that triggers your OWN power. It has never worked for me, yet I have never believed in Jesus as a savior or middle man between me and God. What HAS worked for me is standing in my own power and demanding to take my OWN place in the structure that exists. I don't feel that either way is better than the other, except in the case where one insists on projecting their beliefs on another. tsk tsk tsk tsk...

It makes sense to me that GOD, would have given the gift of life to each and every point of consciousness, and the rest is being created by US. God does not allow misery to happen,,, it happens inside of US AND,,, we created it. God can create the realities that we reside in, but he needs us to experience them for him. He gives the gift of life,,, we bring back the gift of the experience of the creation. The 'devil' or 'satan' or 'the reptilians' have not had to work very hard to destroy our world,,, just leave us to our own devices and we will do that on our own. WE have created our world,,, not God. I am sure that there is a creative force out there that is completely saddened by what it is seeing here. But he is also in a state of amazement and awe at what we can accomplish and what our potentials are. Any angry god is not MY god. I will NOT worship any physical manifestation of a god figure.

We have to do this ourselves. Before the council of Nacia in AD325,, nobody worshiped Jesus. The ptb at the time, CREATED the DIVINE Jesus as a way to get back the controls that they had when people WORSHIPED a god figure. Jesus taught that the kingdom of God is within you. All of the best books were taken out of the equation, and we were left with nothing more than confusion.

In my opinion,,, if you WORSHIP anything,,, you should worship the burning god that is within you,, AND THAT IS IT!

Jesus would agree,,, so would Alex Collier,,, So would Buddha,,, So do I,,,

The worship of a single, one world, God-figure,, only serves to strip us of our own power and deliver it unto those who would seek to deceive us. God does NOT need to be glorified. or worshiped. or exalted above all others. These are all devisive approaches that only keep us shackled to the old way of things.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

8. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

aranuk (9th September 2011), Charlie Pecos (3rd September 2011), CivilDawn (9th September 2011), D-Day (4th September 2011), Davidallany (4th September 2011), Davy (6th September 2011), DNA (4th September 2011), Fred Steeves (5th September 2011), GCS1103 (3rd September 2011), Heart-2-Heart (4th September 2011), heyokah (9th September 2011), Holly Lindin (4th September 2011), jesterking (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), Loveisall21 (6th September 2011), mab777 (10th September 2011), Maia Gabrial (4th September 2011), mosquito (4th September 2011), NancyV (3rd September 2011), Omni (3rd September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011), Ria (6th September 2011), Star1111 (5th September 2011), The One (3rd September 2011), thunder24 (4th September 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GCS1103 (here)
    Omniverse- Your thread is very interesting. Although I don't agree with your beliefs, we can have a rational dialogue about our differences. For me, although I am not a very religious person who goes to church often, I have a comfort in my belief that Jesus does indeed exist. I am comforted by him when I am going through a sad time in my life and need someone to talk to. Because of my belief in him, I try very hard not to do something that I know is wrong or unkind. Being human I am not always successful, but I know that I think twice because of Him.

I respect your beliefs. But my interpretation of your perception is you have the basic structure right, but the details/context wrong(not saying this as disrespect, just my opinion). What you perceive as Jesus, is a force that takes the role of any belief programming of what you identify it as IMHO. Mohammed is there for people too. And these religions are based around these structures of the universe and human programing to exploit the very real dynamics that take place once these illusions of context are believed.

I am with you that some massive evil force is here. But that is only possible due to the levels of confusion and unenlightened behavior IMHO. And it is all more based on the dynamics of nature and early evolution than any evil godlike force IMHO. Look at lions and gazelles. It's ruthless, nature. The ruthlessness can be explained by a model that needs no moderating or admins controlling it to be a self sustaining beautifully complex kaliedascope of diversity. A self sustaining universe that may be cyclical connected to other universes with mechanics of black holes and dark matter etc. So basically my interpretation in part of being a barely evolved race like ourselves is ascending the brutality, injustice, delusions, and general seeming chaos of nature(which is firmly based on order), and becoming more potent hands of God as we become more worthy of such.

I see Christianity and Islam as major hurdles for humanity with all due respect. As long as we think God is a violent mass murderer, and each other are infidels and doomed to hell and God wants others who do not believe the same thing to suffer etc, were doomed to having no excuse but to be the same if we are lost individuals. (not saying you are lost at all)

I strongly resonate with what I've heard of Eastern religions. Taoism and Buddhism.

I can respect your beliefs. Jesus may be some energetic enlightened aspect. But I doubt that. As I said I believe what you experience is based on very real universal or genetic structures that were manipulated and exploited, and put with devolutionary other stuff, like the idea of sending kind and respectful beings to hell, etc.
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd September 2011 at 21:05.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), Davy (6th September 2011), g.k.r (3rd September 2011), GCS1103 (3rd September 2011), Heart-2-Heart (4th September 2011), Jake (3rd September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), mab777 (10th September 2011), Maia Gabrial (5th September 2011), NancyV (3rd September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011), The One (3rd September 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

I found this an intersting documentary on the history of god.I dont beleive in a god but still a good watch

Based on Karen Armstrong’s acclaimed book, this feature-length film guides viewers along one of humanity’s most elusive quests.

For over 4,000 years, adherents of the world’s monotheistic faiths have wrestled with the question of God. This extraordinary, feature-length film, based on Karen Armstrong’s acclaimed book of the same name, traces that elusive and fascinating quest.

A History of God examines the familiar images of deity as presented in the Bible and Koran and traces the evolution and interrelation of the various Christian, Jewish, and Islamic interpretations of the divine figure. Through balanced analysis of historic and holy texts and extensive use of ancient art and artifacts, we’ll follow the long road to today’s understanding of God and what the journey–and the destination–have to tell us about humanity and its never-ending search for meaning and comfort.

From the time of Abraham to the present, this is a thought-provoking look at the God at the heart of the world’s three great monotheistic religions

[GOOGLE]-206887275399093528[/GOOGLE]

12. Link to Post #7
    Macedonia Avalon Member Orion.V's Avatar
    Thanks

That's a nice analysis Omni and i've been arguing with many people about these god characteristics that seem psychopathic, unfair, unnatural and it defies it's own logic that if god is love and light then how can he invent a never ending suffering hell and the complete arrogance here is that a being's soul is supposed to be JUDGED only by the actions of only ONE lifetime on earth. Not even giving a chance for this soul to try again ???? You will burn in HELL ... but remember ... he LOVES YOU :D Super LOL !!!!

Anyway there is a general and huge misconception and misunderstanding that comes from the bible itself and then from the christian cults and sects like the catholic church who have best interest in fear porn, aside from the orthodox church that is like a complete opposite from the catholic fear porn and crap. BUT lets put that aside. Have you ever considered that this life here on earth is that hell, and you will be in that hell until you evolve or attain higher level of consciousness or the so called " Christ consciousness " ??? Maybe it's just about that ....

Second, about the name Jesus. No that's not how it sounded but there was no J in his name ever because you can not pronounce the name correctly by using the English language. Iesous / Yehosua would be the names in Greek and Hebrew that would sound more genuine but it doesnt matter because the name Christ relates to Christ consciousness and not an actual name.

So all those murderers and rapists don't get their sins washed away by accepting or believing in Jesus. That was never the case. It's actually all those who understand their mistakes and those who will feel repentance and self forgiveness are the ones who actually made progress towards attaining Christ consciousness in future ..... in some distant incarnation ...

Thirdly the bible is one book that has been written in a strong symbolic language and even thou it has a lot of truths inside the major problem is when people take it too literally or when they make their own interpretations of what they feel most fitting for the truth to be. A lot of this nonsense is a product of misunderstanding and wrong interpretations. One day i asked my orthodox friend the question : " So you are christian by religion right? " His reply as shocking it was : - " No, it's not a religion, it's a way of living "
    I was a bit puzzled but then i understood what he meant and we continued talking about many things including god. At my next surprise was that he understood god as a consciousness and that everything that is and the reality is based on thought and the thought has energy .... Now this coming from a christian like him is quite something )

Anyway my point in all this is that everything is a point of view especially when it comes to religions ... It's not like it's defined in stone, it's just different groups have different perception and you would be amazed how much these groups can be so different and yet belonging to the same religion.

Regards,
    Orion

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Orion.V For This Post:

Charlie Pecos (3rd September 2011), D-Day (4th September 2011), Davy (6th September 2011), GCS1103 (3rd September 2011), heyokah (9th September 2011), Jake (4th September 2011), jcocks (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), Loveisall21 (6th September 2011), Omni (3rd September 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    I don't feel that either way is better than the other, except in the case where one insists on projecting their beliefs on another. tsk tsk tsk tsk...
    If the tsking was directed at me I don't try to convert people to my universal reality. After I don't have a complete one that is unchanging(AKA stagnant).

And I disagree that all belief systems are the same. That may be the case with Avalonians because most if not all who believe in Jesus Mohammed etc here are enlightened enough to be able to not act psychopathic, as God is projected as in the bible and quran.

Religions that propagate injustice, and the illusion that it's ok to kill torture and maim people who don't believe the same thing as you are inferior belief systems and should be systematically eliminated. Not eliminated by me so much, but by reason.

Most christians who are enlightened don't buy the hell thing, and just selectively take what they align with from the bible, and disregard what they do not. However in some ways I respect the hardcore baptist christians I met, who said god is racist, god is hateful, spiteful, vengeful, sent demons to torture me, the sun is 500 miles away, the earth is the only planet with life on it in the universe, and a score of other ridiculous things(you can see my posts there here: The Most ridiculous group of people on a forum on the planet (interesting psychology lesson but brutal for hope in mankind. However the ridiculous was not so much in that thread. but look no further to my title for that. "unsaved trash". lol. and my icons, perv etcetcetc

Or here: my other thread before i was banned lol: My favorite verse in the bible thread lol

These people have such a distorted crazy view of things.... And that is why I think the bible is equivalent to blasphemy to me. I have more respect in some areas for these people than selective christians(not summed up in full as more respect, as i have infinitely more respect for avalon christians than those baptists but more respect on one area) because they actually quite thoroughly and fully use the bible. Every word in it. If something is the words of God, and you believe that, either follow every single, EVERY .... SINGLE .... WORD. Or trash the whole thing as the words of God, and move onto discerning the gospel of creation in every living thing and wisdom. it can be anywhere. And my view is every word is the word of god if they were all created by god. And every conceptual alignment or concept is the concepts of god if he/she/it created them all.

I am not on a quest to convert christians or something. But I have been known to debate them in ways..... Just like anything else.... Debate can cure us of our delusions, and make us more developed in terms of reality.

If you see these people(the baptists in the linked threads above) you may have a similar disdain for the bible and for people who follow it word for word(its an interesting psychology lesson if you care to see some of the most stupid realities on the planet are, of course just IMHo but i doubt any avalonian will disagree). But my point is you can judge a belief system ok by the amount of injustice it causes, and they CAN be inferior and superior in that way. That is why I disagree with you Jake. We wouldn't be burning herbalists at the stake as witches if we were all pagans. Pagan > Christianity in whole. But i'm not saying every pagan is more spiritually developed than every chirstian. Belief systems can be equal with the right soulular wisdom. If we were all wise, but had different belief systems, I'd not care as much.

Edit: The baptists editted some of my posts btw, so some of that i did not say(they dont let the edit show up.....) and you wont see their ridiculousness as much in my threads than in other areas of the forum.
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd September 2011 at 22:13.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), Davidallany (4th September 2011), g.k.r (3rd September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), Maia Gabrial (5th September 2011), NancyV (3rd September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote If the tsking was directed at me I don't try to convert people to my universal reality.
    Absolutely not aimed at you... sorry... I was attempting to make a general statement about the tendencies of Christian sects to project their beliefs on others.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), GCS1103 (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), Omni (3rd September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,401 times in 4,618 posts

It's unfortunatelly true in many ways but ..ask any traditional and religious scholar about it and he will tell you that you're not supposed to understand G because His makings are beyond our capacity of understanding ..and that he ( the priest ) is the last possible person who understands G.

Some priests of course do not go by that rule and feel they're the true messengers of his will .

If the priest is good he'll also tell you that the Biblical story of Genesis etc. is a metaphor with thousands of possible interpretations . And therefore , again, we can not capture all it's meaning at once, and should not take it literally .

At the same time there are many orthodox ( I don't want to say stupid ) priests who believe that the only way how to become a good person is to accept all that is stated without questioning it .

It's much more complicated than it seems to be . But you're correct in the direction of your thinking ..

Just be careful where do you want to go from this ..

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), meeradas (4th September 2011), modwiz (4th September 2011), ngogly (4th September 2011), Omni (3rd September 2011), Orion.V (3rd September 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    The worship of a single, one world, God-figure,, only serves to strip us of our own power and deliver it unto those who would seek to deceive us. God does NOT need to be glorified. or worshiped. or exalted above all others. These are all devisive approaches that only keep us shackled to the old way of things.
    Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Greetings, and thank you all for such a great discussion. This is a big one right here and goes past just speaking of the Hebrew tradition. In a way, it is judgment against all of the traditions which contributed to it, to include the Mesopotamian and African roots of the Judaic traditions, as well as those prior which contributed to their current evolution. And, as a contextual aside, some of the ideas expressed in this thread go totally against the feelings, thoughts and experiences of so many people. I'm not saying that it is incorrect, just that it is shocking and threatening to anyone raised within those traditions. To say that God does not need to be glorified pretty much nullifies every hymn and song of praise ever made, every prayer where you first glorify God, etc. I'm saying this not to say that you are incorrect, but to say that moving beyond the glorification of an external diety to an internal diety as implicit in all conceptions of gnosis and unity consciousness is a revolution of thought and a heresy to those who take the scriptures as gospel.

To take on this perspective is to give up the idea of heaven as put forth by the church and its priests, preachers and other prosyletizers across millennia. To make such a blanket statement without qualifying it in regards to the Truth that is included in the major texts of the monotheistic trio also serves to make the rest of your posting difficult to process. Now, for context, I happen to agree with much you speak of but I think that perhaps some of the positive aspects of these religions ought to be considered as well as the truth that the highest path is found in all systems, for those who seek past the institutionalized and corrupted aspects, which also exist in practically every tradition, be it eastern, western, southern or northern.

Also, what about the reality that the glorification of the internal divinity is the glorification of the external conception of divinity as an expression of the cosmos, so that any praise given to God as exemplified by the Hebrew-descended conceptions thereof is in truth a glorification of that selfsame inner divinity of which we are each a representative? That the All is contained within the limited, the individual, and so accessing that All through external representation is actually an acknowledgement of the internal?

How about the potentiality that the Vale of Tears that we call Earth is a testing ground, a place of trials and tribulations and that those negative occurrences that the Church across millennia is responsible for are among those tests that we as material reproductions of the eternal and infinite are meant to experience, with these institutions serving as one of the filters through which these experiences must manifest?

An interesting topic that can go much, much deeper. Thank you for bringing it.
    Last edited by Mark; 3rd September 2011 at 23:33.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Chrononaut (5th September 2011), D-Day (4th September 2011), GCS1103 (4th September 2011), Jake (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd September 2011), loveandgratitude (4th September 2011), modwiz (4th September 2011)

22. Link to Post #12
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Judaism, christianity and islam to me, are star wars, the empire strikes back and return of the jedi.
    They are different episodes of the same story, told from a different perspective.
    I too have friends who practise, or not, one of the above and I value them, but not their system.
    I still see this ''religion'' thing as trainer wheels for my bike.
    I don't need them anymore, so I took them off.
    Most of the christian and muslim system is judaic, so there isn't as much difference as we might think.
    I studied the three systems, two from inside, judaism from the outside.

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Charlie Pecos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,842 times in 492 posts

Genesis is a very interesting read indeed. First human was Adam. Then 'God' put Adam to sleep and from him took what He needed to make woman, Eve. So then Adam and Eve have two sons, Cain and Abel. Cain kills Abel and is cast out of the garden of Eden. Now here's the tricky part: Cain has a wife! Umm, if there are only three people on the planet, where the hell did she come from? Was Adam a hybrid, the first of his kind, a genetically manipulated human? The biblical god says: "Come let us make a man in our image." Who's image was man made in before this? This 'God' then did not create the heavens and the earth, or even man for that matter.

And what of the tower of Babel story in which 'God' says "Come, let us go down there". Who exactly is 'God' talking to. There is much more but to my mind, the story of Genesis points to a being or group of beings playing 'God'. I have been uncomfortable with the words 'God' and 'Jesus' since I was a small child. To me, they are horribly misused and misconstrued. What our 'religions' do is separate us from one divine truth- we are the creator, individuated aspects of such. There is no separation.
    There is no good and there is no bad, all are experience and experience is everything.
    In truth, there is only ONE of us.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Charlie Pecos For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), heyokah (9th September 2011), jcocks (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (4th September 2011), Mark (4th September 2011), modwiz (4th September 2011), mosquito (4th September 2011), Omni (4th September 2011), thunder24 (4th September 2011)

25. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 times in 248 posts

Wow Omni, catchy title

I personally believe there was a Jesus (yes the wrong name perhaps!), I came to the conclusion when I was a lot younger that he was a product of ET's. I couldn't quite believe it when years later I discovered that others share my belief in this! As for God, well he was probably an ET, and far from perfect....Just my feelings on it, could be totally wrong, and I don't hang on to this belief with all I have, unlike a lot of religious people. Great to see nobody getting offended in here - makes me proud to be amongst fellow 'A's
    Last edited by New Dawn; 4th September 2011 at 00:00.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to New Dawn For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), GCS1103 (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (4th September 2011), Loveisall21 (6th September 2011), Omni (4th September 2011), toothpick (4th September 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Charlie Pecos (here)
    Genesis is a very interesting read indeed. First human was Adam. Then 'God' put Adam to sleep and from him took what He needed to make woman, Eve. So then Adam and Eve have two sons, Cain and Abel. Cain kills Abel and is cast out of the garden of Eden. Now here's the tricky part: Cain has a wife! Umm, if there are only three people on the planet, where the hell did she come from? Was Adam a hybrid, the first of his kind, a genetically manipulated human? The biblical god says: "Come let us make a man in our image." Who's image was man made in before this? This 'God' then did not create the heavens and the earth, or even man for that matter.

And what of the tower of Babel story in which 'God' says "Come, let us go down there". Who exactly is 'God' talking to. There is much more but to my mind, the story of Genesis points to a being or group of beings playing 'God'. I have been uncomfortable with the words 'God' and 'Jesus' since I was a small child. To me, they are horribly misused and misconstrued. What our 'religions' do is separate us from one divine truth- we are the creator, individuated aspects of such. There is no separation.
    I asked my priest that, years ago when I was a follower.
    He told me that they married women ''from the other cities'' and told me to check it out.
    It was in there!
    So, Adam and Eve were not the first people, they were the first people of a particular type.

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by New Dawn (here)
    Wow Omni, catchy title
    The title I would have done without respect filters being negated would be this(and they WERE negated until like 1 second after I posted and I tried to change the title in my post only to have it change it in my first post and not the thread title lol):

The Abrahamic God is a Total Psychopath

I apologize for any meaning taken by awakened Christians, Muslims, or Jewish people by the disgrace part. It is my true opinion but I would have kept that part to myself....

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (4th September 2011), loveandgratitude (4th September 2011), modwiz (4th September 2011)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

The God of the Bible is full of that paternalistic don't-do-as-I-do-do-as-I-say crap that made the Victorian era a resounding success. Thou shalt not kill, but I'm a genocidal wrathful beast... yeah, I can't be doing with that sort of rubbish.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Charlie Pecos (4th September 2011), D-Day (4th September 2011), Davidallany (4th September 2011), Jake (4th September 2011), jcocks (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (4th September 2011), loveandgratitude (4th September 2011), mosquito (4th September 2011), Omni (4th September 2011)

32. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Great thread omni (as always), love your work mate!

I agree, more or less, with pretty much every point you made in your OP. That said, I don't have any (original) pearls of wisdom to contribute to this discussion, as pretty much everything I am aware of has been said in one way or another by other posters here already.

However, I will offer up the following two videos which I watched some time ago now and found very interesting. These videos provide many valuable (IMO) insights into the topic at hand, in them you will find a plethora of information and biblical references to God (Jehovah) and the story of Genesis.

Well worth a watch if you can find the time... there's nearly 5 hrs of video to get through and it's a little dry in parts.

Anyways, here you go...

Thunderbolts Of Truth (part 1):

Thunderbolts Of Truth (part 2):

P.S. Be aware that the narrator has a bit of a strange style about him but if you can look past that the information he presents (IMO) is pretty good.

33. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

May I recommend:Jumpin' Jehovah: Exposing the Atrocities of the Old Testament God by Paul Tice (Mar 1, 2000)
    . You can find it at Amazon.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

D-Day (4th September 2011), Jake (4th September 2011), Lord Sidious (4th September 2011), Omni (4th September 2011)

35. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by GCS1103 (here)
    The answer I was taught, and what I do believe, is that this planet is run by another, truly evil entity. You can call him the Prince of Darkness, Satan, Reptilian, or whatever you want, but it is this entity, in my belief system, who rules over earth.
    such a fantastic story

the top cherub that became blinded by his brilliance... and fell from grace from heaven down to earth

imagine such a mighty being as a cherub as an enemy to mankind

you don't know what you're up against people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 11 22 LastLast